500% growth in infants in rural areas showing up addicted to heroin, opioids

rt.com/usa/370083-500-growth-infants-addicted-opioids

cnn.com/2016/12/12/health/heroin-opiates-babies-new-research/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

ktla.com/2016/12/12/skyrocketing-rate-of-babies-going-through-opiate-withdrawal-new-study-reveals/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2592302
nytimes.com/2016/11/21/dining/marthas-vineyard-cookbook-club.html
vineyardgazette.com/news/2016/03/10/heroin-epidemic-rises-marthas-vineyard-narcan-often-last-line-defense
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/12/13/teens-drinking-smoking-drugs-study/95349684/
usnews.com/news/data-mine/articles/2016-12-13/marijuana-is-harder-than-ever-for-younger-teens-to-find?int=popular-articles-news
thefix.com/california-overdose-law-two-years-later-narcan-still-scarce
youtube.com/watch?v=bGkyAA4Gx60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>both sources are state propaganda

>cnn
Ew

yes but they're opposing state propaganda so it's probably correct

holy shit
babies from opiate addicted moms are 5 times as big?

I live in an area that was hit HARD by opiate use.

Basically it starts with weed, it's edgy it fun.

Then you need to 'expand' yourself with mushrooms, acid, mdma

Then you wanna get high like you did for the first time, so you try pills.. and run out of money.

Then starts smoking the brown, leads to black. Then you're dead.

Doesn't help when you can get heroin for 5$ a hit. I pray for my town.

ktla.com/2016/12/12/skyrocketing-rate-of-babies-going-through-opiate-withdrawal-new-study-reveals/

You can read the full article if you want:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2592302

Don't do heroin or don't have kids. Lesson learned.

u in wv?

dated a former opiate addict

they are the scum of the earth, theyre barely even people. to do such a drug you need to have a personality with absolutely NO sense of rationality. even """"""recovered'"""" addicts keep these traits.

i have absolutely no sympathy for these people. i'm catholic, so i pray for her once in a while (we dont speak at all), hope shes fine and all, but i will never invite that garbage into my life again.

fuck heroin/opiate users.

>rural areas
you mean the ones full of niggers?

It starts with doctors handing out opiates like they're nothing. The VA in my area was handing out way too much to vets. Who knows how many vets we lost in my state to the Opiate demon?

Bump

Babies shouldn't be buying heroin then. It's called letting them learn a lesson

>$5 a hit heroin

Jesus do they just scoop dirt out of the ground and put it in their arms?

Honestly, with the babies: Good. If your baby is fucking jonesing and for a myriad of reasons it dies, that's natural selection. Addiction is a disease, but the cure is not to birth children out of it, same shit with crack babies back in the 90s. No one else is to blame for some podunk skank's polluted womb but herself.

New England, especially on the coast in Massachusetts is fucking zombieland. Kids start fucking around with hydrocodone that was collecting dust in the medical cabinet and end up drowning on the beach in Martha's vineyard after they lay down for a nap.

I don't know any veterans, but without a doubt the VA is fucked and I feel like the army could contract it out and it would do a much better job.

B-But muh mainstream media articles say its super comfy in MV in off-season...

nytimes.com/2016/11/21/dining/marthas-vineyard-cookbook-club.html

Obama what have you done.

vineyardgazette.com/news/2016/03/10/heroin-epidemic-rises-marthas-vineyard-narcan-often-last-line-defense

Local publication? The vineyard really is beautiful but god forbid it's gonna end up like Gloucester.

I hope Trump, as someone who lost a sibling to addiction, will take a long hard look at the effectiveness of our current policies regarding addiction.

nah PNW.
I've never seen that problem personally but i hear it's the root of the heroin surge in the US.
Sad stuff man.
> podunk skank's polluted womb but herself.

little bit of a story for ya

>do a few drugs growing up at the local drughouse
>have fun
>neighbor friend who is like 20 meets some girl across the state living with druggie parents
>decides to "rescue her"
>she's on the younger side
>she moves in with him
>her parents are glad to be rid of her
>friend's DAD actually signed the papers to become her legal guardian
>we do fun drugs for a while
>pills start showing up
>i leave
(from here down is second hand; i didn't witness it)
>they turn to heroin
>they steal from friend's dad until he kicks them out
>the girl leaves my friend, since he is unable to provide more heroin
>becomes a literal prostitute for individual shots of heroin not even money
>slowly watched a timid and sweet girl start using drugs and then turn into a junkie prostitute
She used to swear she'd never touch drugs because of her parents.
I hate the "friend" in this story so much holy shit. He literally shot her up for the first time. Pressured her to smoke weed.

I hope somebody reads me feels. Fuck this gay earth

>vineyardgazette.com/news/2016/03/10/heroin-epidemic-rises-marthas-vineyard-narcan-often-last-line-defense
"The Vineyard as we've known it for over 40 years is gone. No more leaving your doors unlocked. No more leaving the car unlocked. Empty houses have become shooting galleries for these desperate kids and they leave behind a wreck. Heroin is delivered weekly by a group of mules who know how to easily get past the law. And the upcoming summer will be worse. Time to face the sad facts--our paradise is lost. The inner city is here and it's here to stay. As long as there are kids with nothing to excite or inspire them and with low level drudgery jobs facing them every day, this won't stop."

sad!

I lived in Portland and was just a few blocks from where everyone seemed to do heroin. Was pretty depressing the rich white new apartments next to the old vaseline alley.

>Basically it starts with weed, it's edgy it fun.
So Nixon was right?

Junkies, man. I grew up around them.

I knew this kid in high school that had a grandmother with late-stage dementia, she owned a big house and kept a ton of jewelry in the attic. The kid would invite his friends over to go search for jewelry every weekend to pawn off for heroin money, every time telling the grandmother he invited his friends over for "renovating."

I also knew another kid who always showed up to school nodding out, pinpoint pupils. He was in one of my classes, never had any supplies, not even a pencil or a backpack, he sold it all for dope money. Just showed up with nothing and sat there. I always wondered why he even bothered.

One girl who was pregnant, real cute blonde-haired blue eyed girl, was busted shooting up in the bathroom. She got arrested, spent a couple weeks in jail, got bailed out and showed up again. She got busted again giving a freshman a blowjob like a week later, probably for money.

Hell, one of the teachers was a dope fiend. He would nod out during classes. One day he didn't even show up, he made it in the school but literally OD'd in the parking lot in his car.

I got all kinds of these stories. Heroin is a plague upon humanity.

where was this user? jeez

>white trash amerifatistan getting destroyed
and nothing of value is lost. Similar to crack epidemic ruining black "communities" that I don't give a fuck.

Dude yeah that comment hit home, my dad is from Manchester and we just don't go up to NE anymore because it's just a fucking mess and it's hit my family hard.

I see what you mean and that is tragic, but the ultimate choice to start using was hers. I used to sell Coke and I couldn't let that shit get to me, the people I dealt with made their own decisions of mostly sound mind, so forgive me if I sound a bit jaded.

And idiots say the slippery slope is a fallacy.

Mao was right.
Duterte is right.

Bullshit.
I loves me all kinds of drugs except opiates.
They're basically the only drug class I've found to be boring and useless.

I honestly cannot fathom what people see in the shit. It's the most boring euphoria in the world.
Me? I'd rather get spun the fuck up on galactic meth or peevs. Now THAT'S euphoria.

Shit man, I knew a dude that needed money for a hit so he backed his truck up to his mom's garage and took all his old childhood toys (Teddy Ruxpin, that 3D Viewmaster thing, Tonka Trucks, all sort of shit), loaded them up and took them to some collector that offered him something like $70 bucks for them all. His mom cried when she found out, he was too fucked up to care. She intended to give them to one of her grandchildren.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/12/13/teens-drinking-smoking-drugs-study/95349684/

American teenagers are the best behaved they’ve ever been — drinking and smoking less and doing fewer drugs than their predecessors in more than 40 years of tracking.

Even use of marijuana is down among 8th- and 10th-graders, though it’s flat among high school seniors, according to the annual Monitoring the Future survey of American teens.

“The question is: Why is all this happening?” asked Lloyd Johnston, who has led the survey since it was begun in 1975. “Even though we have some hypotheses, I don’t know that we necessarily have the right ones.”

He and other experts believe that a decline in smoking may be largely responsible for the broader decline. For young teens, smoking is a gateway to other illicit activities, and by cutting smoking rates, fewer adolescents are moving on to alcohol and drugs, said Johnston of University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research.

In 1991, nearly 11% of high school seniors smoked a half pack of cigarettes or more a day. This year, only 1.8% said they smoke that much, and 10.5% reported any smoking in the last month. Even e-cigarette use fell among high school seniors, from 16% last year to 12% this year.

Alcohol use is also at its lowest level ever: 37.3% of 12th-graders said they have been drunk at least once, down from a high of 53.2% in 2001.

This is by design, people. If businesses and governments wanted things to be any different, they would.

Wheaton, IL

Opiates are the comfiest drug I think. Used to take a few, then either listen to music, play some old N64/Gamecube games, or go for a walk in the snow. The warm fuzzy feeling that comes over you is unlike any other drug out there.

Up here the doctors hand them out like candy so my mother would always have leftover pill bottles full of vicodin or oxycontin, so I used to do them like once a month in high school, thankfully I got lucky and don't have an addictive personality.

This is great. Drugs are pretty degenerate.

I don't doubt these numbers. Electronic drugs, aka social media, provide good dopamine hits for kids these days. The drugs have been replaced with facebook, twitter, and even videogames, etc.
All in all a good thing IMO, as drug use is really only good for responsible older adults. Too much shit neural pruning in the brains of kids for drugs to be safe for em.

Yeah its the first positive story I've heard in a while regarding drugs/alcohol.

That was my thought as well. Internet has mitigated need for drugs.

This is my reason alone for voting Trump, fuck Mexico for dumping this poison in our streets. I've got so much family who are addicts and it is the worst thing to watch them destroy themselves. Fuck Mexico.

Actually a lot of the issue is Fentanyl from China as well. Its one of the few instances where darknet markets have questioned the wisdom/harmfulness of selling a substance.

That "warm fuzzy feeling" is so void though. Useless, boring shit. I can feel like that just by thinking about cozy winter nights near my grandma's woodstove in the basement. Keeping the fire tended as snow fell outside, sitting around with my dad and whatnot shooting the shit.
Thinking about that is far better than the empty euphoria I've experienced on experiments with opioids. Cuz that shit is real, unlike the opioid high.

I just would rather rock and roll on some good stims or psychedelics. Something that kicks my brain and body into overdrive, wherein I can make new adventures and memories.

Fuck opioids.

DUDE WEED LMAO xD

LOL White people are fucking trash.
This is the "Master Race" everyone: Too fucked up to even give a fuck abut their kids. Even better dumb trash is going to give birth to retards meaning rural whites are getting dumber.

usnews.com/news/data-mine/articles/2016-12-13/marijuana-is-harder-than-ever-for-younger-teens-to-find?int=popular-articles-news

thefix.com/california-overdose-law-two-years-later-narcan-still-scarce

You are an extrovert who enjoys full-on activities, that's why you don't 'get' opiates. For the introverted and mentally ill, opiates are like a perfect vacation for the mind where all worldly issues are not present.

Must be like all those faggots on Sup Forums that play games for "escapism"
I don't really understand that either.
If your IRL is shit, either get used to it or make it not shit.

Tell me, user, what does one "do" with all those edges you posses?

Fucking degenerate.

Did someone call for degeneracy?

500% Growth

Food of the Gods, you niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=bGkyAA4Gx60

Agreed.

>when you find out that liberal nurses have been injecting newborns with heroin as a way to get back at the evil racist white people
>when it's proven but still treated as a vast right-wing conspiracy because CNN still hasn't counted the last votes in favor of Trump

I am.
Clarksburg to be exact.

WV is opiate capital of America.
It has gotten so bad here I had to make a meme pic.
>pic very related

I hope to god most of this shit is just degenerates role playing.

>making up some bullshit to try and persuade your population from taking opiates
Just kidding. With articles like these, all of the incest, rape, psychological harm that had brought these people to the path of self destruction is magically cured. Thank you state run propoganda, truly. You are our greatest ally.

>American education

it's a joke, fellow memer

>Basically it starts with americans overseeing opium production in the middle east
fixed it for you

>americans want to smoke drugs to be like them cool niggers on tv
>they do it but it becomes a gateway drug to injecting heroine
>americans die and life expectancy lowers
>m-muh freedom muddafuckers!

90% of american heroin comes from mexico doe

druggie detected

>past decade

this is kike for "8 years"

>muh gateway drug
When will this meme end?

oh plz

its not like jimmy, kim and erik arent doing heroin. drug abuse is a huge problem in sweden as well.

Its not a meme, I've seen it with my own eyes. First it's pot, then it's shrooms and acid, then it's hard drugs

When all the boomers are dead

>posted by Boi
>Australia
>53 friends

53 more than me...

But that's bullshit.
Nobody uses pot then decides to bang heroin.

Also, nobody uses pot and then decides to do lsd.
Each drug has its own lucrative class and if you retards would stop putting pot in with hard drugs then it wouldn't even be on your imaginary slippery slope.

moron

I'm sure it happens to some people, but I don't think it's the weed moreso that they were already prone to taking risks.

I smoke very occasionally on weekends for 2 years, never done any other drug besides mushrooms (disappointing)

Another problem is that cocaine gets grouped in with heroin as a 'hard' drug.

Coke is bad but nowhere near as destructive or habit-forming as heroin, people try coke and nothing bad happens, they figure they'll do heroin too and then they're fucked.

that isn't that rural, and i thought it was more affluent

hmm, cook county must have gone downhill since i left 7 years ago

>Another problem is that cocaine gets grouped in with heroin as a 'hard' drug.
It literally is a hard drug, don't try to normalize that degeneracy at all. Nowhere near as bad as heroin but definitely hard.

My mom tells me how many lives she saw ruined by coke in the 80s, not a fun time.

this will end when they legalize weed so those who buy it dont get connections with drug dealers that sell more than just weed.

Thats not to say all dealers sell more than weed but like if you have ever had a dealer who is from a frat or something, you can bet he has way more than weed, and all it takes is being drunk at one party and one bad decision to get hooked.

I literally almost tried coke because of this, thank god I forgot what I was doing and just went to smoke another bowl.

>When will this meme end?
When dealers stop marketing it as a gateway drug. They specifically use it as a foot in the door tactic to build trust and sell their users more addictive drugs.

>mfw legal here in Massachusetts
>penalty is same as underage drinking
>at a private uni, they don't give a shit
:^)

That makes sense, sorry senpai

I don't have much experience with dealers

it is, only weak degenerate fools cant maintain will to use drugs correctly and without stabing your arm with hiv needle.
I use,weed, mushroom and sage. All grow on earth. Still I work, have family. I dont hit everyday I maintain balance. Dont want or plan puting in me some shit made in lab by annon cook.
You can do same with alcohol, you have will to enjoy drink like a man or you are fukin drunkie.

Afghanistan have another bumper crop this year?

I wonder where its all going.

Not many people do which is why I feel it is a flawed model to allow people to directly vote on legalizing it. It is far from as simple an issue like many seem to think. There is a good case to be made that quickly lifting the restriction on weed will fund the organized criminals that control its production and inadvertently facilitate other types of crimes thus doing more harm than good. It will have to be done far more carefully than most states seem to be approaching the issue.

East asia and Europe. American opiates are from mehico.
>muh noble druggie fallacy

fake news but i wouldn't be surprised. the mexican cartels are starting to switch to black tar heroine since more and more states are talking about legalizing weed

>It didn't happen to me! Weed didn't make me do harder drugs, I did! I CAN QUIT ANY TIME XDDDD"

Lol, uh-huh

>Then you need to 'expand'

Why? How does one even think that way?
Why do you NEED to suddenly change from weed to pills and god knows what? You don't NEED to do shit all. Weed is legal here and people don't suddenly switch to heroin cause they have to, it is because they were weak shitty people to begin with with mental problems. That doesn't mean that you NEED to go and do it in any form or way. Saying you need to is fucking stupid and I do not understand how one thinks that is normal..

500% growth rate?
those babies must be fucking huge by now!
wait until they hit puberty,they'll be like 30' tall!

8 years clean from smack, fucktard.
The only thing can led to me doing heroin was becoming immune to painpills.
Weed actually helped me get off of smack and after about a year I quit weed too which didn't even cause withdraws.

Get a fucking clue.

If you can't control your drug habits you should probably kill yourself desu

desu senpai I have a strict limit of weed and psychedelics

>I got a boner from this

I need help..

Anyone else notice the coinciding events of the American invasion of Afghanistan and the flood of cheaper, more pure H in every major city?

It's surely nothing like the contras in Columbia in the 80's.

History does not repeat itself, does it?

It's pure coincidence.

Congrats user. Seriously.

Thanks

Everyday is a battle even eight years later.
It's just nt worth the social stigma that surrounds using, sure it's a easy life but I value my standing in society over easy of living so I had to kick it.

Also, there are hidden dangers of injecting drugs in general, for instance most junkies use tapwater to inject which will kill you on its own eventually.

Not to mention hardening of arteries and particles collecting in your circulatory system from the drugs you've injected.

I will probably die 20 years early because I used for two years.

Actually I'm a total introvert. I just hate useless euphoria. Feeling good is worthless unless you've reason for it.
On speed I get a lot of brain enhancement and I'm able to utilize the euphoria.
But on opioids, it's all useless. And very boring. And I hate boredom.

>bu..bu..but muh superior race.

Inb4 the Jews did this, white people love what the merchant peddles.

>I use,weed, mushroom and sage. All grow on earth.
So do opium poppies you dumbass

This is an interesting point.

After being stripped of any kind of identity or destiny while being told you are inherently evil and simultaneously being deprived of meaningful competition, the rational conclusion is nihilism.

You’re right: it’s a perfect trap.

Especially when they give unfair advantages to shitskins just for the color of their skin in the nations that our ancestors built.

We see the process.

It’s been used over and over again throughout history.

There is nothing special about the kikes. They are not chosen by the creator of the universe, because such a being is not here anymore.

They are just so consumed with hatred that they want all white people dead.

And this hatred has a price: their own annihilation

I mean like I'm at a private university too and have never been caught.
I'm just saying that the slippery slope shit is irreverent in this context since what is really comes down to is a proximity to danger thing.

>Good. If your baby is fucking jonesing and for a myriad of reasons it dies, that's natural selection
This is why Lolbertarians will never save the white race.

more and more stories pile on top of each other for one reason and one reason only

omg i could die in childbirth
omg vaccinations will make my child autistic
omg my child will get addicted to opiates

do you think niggers and muslims and spics in this country will read these stories, or white men and women?

well gee I guess that's another reason to not have children

bye bye white race

Oh yes. Egalitarianism is a totally good idea! Nothing like protecting the weak and allowing their defects to carry onto the next generation, right?