Is there anything wrong with going to church as an agnostic?

Is there anything wrong with going to church as an agnostic?

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.umd.edu/~mvz/bible/bible-inconsistencies.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ik7GRQ9hoVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Didn't that place get leveled by the earthquake?

no, all are welcome, but repent or burn in hell you disgusting sinner

I've went to Mass several times. It is pretty cozy.

No.

>My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

No. Just be aware of what you're doing and why.

I'm probably going to do it to meet non-degenerate girls

I miss the sense of community

No and it can br pretty comfy. Sdaly it ll depends on priests involved. Few yraes back i lived in a town with great parson who always gave really passionate and insightfull sermons so i did go one a week. My current
congregation suck ass, they mostly talk about money. Fuck that shit, and I'm not going there.

Nothing wrong with it as long as you're genuine about being there to be there. If you go to be a dick then of course it's wrong. I'm a Calvinist Methodist with Agnostic leanings, but I don't act like an autist about it. When I go to my local Methodist church I don't jump up and screech about them being Arminian cucks who believe in free will. I sing hymns, learn from the Bible, and have a good time. If you go there and do that, you can't go wrong.

No, if you're agnostic that means you are not sure if there's a supreme being beyond us who rules the universe, either you choose to believe or not, you can decide by going to the church and after that you take your decision I did it some years ago and I concluded that the bible has many contradictions so I went full atheist, but it's up to you to choose to believe or not

What kind of dumb question is that?
I go to church and I'm an atheist.

I don't think why it would be "wrong", you can do whatever you want anyway. And your reasons to go there don't have to be the same as reasons of religious fanatics.

Who is that semen demon?

>molly bair

>agnostic attending church
Nothing wrong with it at all. It gives you a chance to see if you like the social structure and you can make up your mind about God in the meantime. Maybe even find a wholesome girl worth settling down with.

>agnostic
>believing in """morality"""

You can literally do no wrong.

>Is there anything wrong with going to church as an agnostic?

ive thought about this. im an agnostic atheist who grew up in an evangelical christian home and am considering attending a church to meet a nice girl or just meet generally conservative people. i live in the city where people tend to vote for progressive parties and you dont come across many conservatives at work or wherever. ive wondered if it would do my head in listening to all the god shit or if it will be easy to just sit there and appreciate the company. would probably have to lie to people a fair bit there too which will be a bit weird but my family doesnt know im not religious so it would make them happy if i went to a church. its probably morally wrong and deceitful however.

No

>Implying that every church goer knows that god exist

But the Bible is internally consistent, user.

>But the Bible is internally consistent, user.
This is how you can spot the beliebers.
(1) No critical thinking skills
(2) Confirmation bias and insane gullibility.

A list of over 700 inconsistencies in the Bible

*tip*

No; absolutely not. It's like reading a book or watching a movie from a very different lens.

youtube.com/watch?v=ik7GRQ9hoVY
Robert M. Price has THE best answer to this question at about 56:36.

I now attend church this way. I find religion a beautiful thing because I understand it is all allegorical, liturgy to train us to seek deeper knowledge of self and the world around us.

collect points you'll later research to debate or disprove. Go. Have fun.

Matthew 8:5-13 King James Version (KJV)

5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

The Bible makes sense to people who believe.

People who don't believe are fools, sheep without a shepherd.

I was one of them for near 40 years, and I guarantee my intellect it higher than yours.

I've seen the beast.

Shit reason.

Id go and im an atheist, i have no issue with going to it. Why exist in an echo chamber

Its called "bias"

nope, I go from time to time, its relaxing and the people are nice. Theres certainly a lot of worse ways to spend a sunday morning.

>The Bible makes sense to people who believe.
Well no shit sherlock

>I guarantee my intellect it higher than yours.
aayyyyyyy

>Agnostic

That doesn't mean what you think it means.

No. agnostic means you are waiting on proofs. Go, the meaning of life is enjoyment. Enjoy the liturgy, the community, the communion. Ask questions. God will find you laters and the answers might surprise you. I recommend Anglican Mission - church for the sake of others.

Just be respectful.

>I concluded that the bible has many contradictions

The bible is a edited book it cannot have contradictions after thousands of years because they would been removed

A list of over 700 inconsistencies in the Bible

Nothings ever wrong with going to church.

Oh god you think that god need things to grow plants . The list is shit

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their
photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

>The Bible makes sense to people who believe.
Belief is irrational. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

>People who don't believe are fools, sheep without a shepherd.
Add that to the long list of nonsense you fell for. Perhaps you do, but I don't need a magic sky daddy overlord to micromanage my every waking moment.

>I guarantee my intellect it higher than yours.
You don't even recognize the fact that you're rationalizing your irrational beliefs. You're ignoring the signs that your "intellect" may be compromised.

Our brains think rationally by design. They are capable of short term irrational thinking, like hypothesizing (i.e. target acquisition) and speculation (predictions base on history). Delusions cause damage. Our brains are not built to stay in an irrational state for long periods. In fact, long-term cognitive dissonance leads to more and more extreme rationalizations.

>I've seen the beast.
Then you need the crutch. Just remember it comes with a hefty price.

America is good, and it's good because of Churches.

I don't believe, but I go back (Catholic) because people at our church are nice and not degenerate. After a week of dealing with people, it's good to reset.

That's how and why it still works, despite all of the fedora-wearers. I used to hate the concept of indoctrinating children, but only now do I understand.

The normies need church, and the death of Christianity will be the death of America.

It's wrong to go to church.

>(Catholic) because people at our church are nice and not degenerate
Raping kids is not degenerate?

I'm pure agnostic. Without any vertical deviation.

so you think there's a 50% chance God exists?

Oh jeez you got me. I was so close to winning the argument that there wasn't ever a single bad person that was part of the Catholic church.

You just slid the goalposts. Logical fallacy, 10 yard penalty.

Yeah the Vatican's guide for finding priests is like a Chris Hansen playbook, in retrospect.

And surely the Catholic Church, as an organization, has loads of issues.

That has nothing do with my statement, and it stands as-is.

Do they hand out complementary nubile women? In case they do, praise Jesus

In the US even conservative pastors will let you attend and actually encourage you, many won't let you take communion though.

What if god exists but he's also agnostic? What if he hates going to church and listening to boring loudmouths as much as you do? What if god is exactly like you?

IS you.

> Law of One

>so you think there's a 50% chance God exists?

The probability is statistically zero.
(1) There have been thousands of gods and religions (Zeus, Thor, Ra, etc.)
(2) Even you agree they were all made up
(3) Deductively, the high confidence probability is that any current gods of similar story-telling origins are also made up.