Donald Trump claims "nobody really knows" if science is real

How can somebody this objectively stupid be the president of the United States?
patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/12/trump-claims-nobody-really-knows-climate-change-real/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lysx7s9ocJU
youtu.be/NxlI6TePPcw
youtu.be/501Wg80oLUQ
youtu.be/liZBtm5wt7c
youtu.be/627wxijXGGM
youtu.be/IUreExyfw5o
youtu.be/75MpVO7L3Vw
youtu.be/OQsfIg7KYag
youtu.be/udan3dllTyk
youtube.com/watch?v=h5fbu7BjpUc
youtu.be/qi1df15VmCs
youtu.be/n1ma-GJ6NPc
youtu.be/qb0Zc6y3FMo
youtu.be/0w9Co8wDavY
youtu.be/1d9lm-T87AQ
youtu.be/dLbkKQ4_-EM
youtu.be/Ep-YbqfkuzM
youtu.be/wNGyFRjGC3Y
youtu.be/ESYEUWrW39I
youtu.be/muhrghfODOg
youtu.be/Z_foudD52pQ
youtu.be/WmEWXseLRlI
youtu.be/sNcNiLsQO_c
youtube.com/watch?v=rd0AdArPjqU
youtu.be/XKf8jSiaghU
youtu.be/XqEddipbpkw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

well practically everything we know about science is theory ...

yes, and? Saying "nobody really knows" if gravity is real or "nobody really knows" if germs cause illness is pretty fucking stupid. This "nobody really knows anything when you think about it" mindset is something idiot freshmen philosophy majors come up with, not something you should expect from the POTUS

>makes post to refute climate rationalists
>links leftwing echochamber as strongest argument

why did you respond, leaf?

observe how I will now close the tab and forget OP ever existed

>yes, and?
you got your answer

>being technically correct is stupid because its obvious
>tfw to intelligent to think the sky is blue

It's a very deep philosophical statement, labelling it as dumb is very unwise. Is Trump the first philosopher king president?

FAGGOTRY CTR SHIT

here have some awesome
APPEARANCES
>Trump on Fox News Sunday 12/11/16
youtu.be/lysx7s9ocJU
>Trump @ Army vs Navy Game 12/10/16
youtu.be/NxlI6TePPcw
>Trump Rally in Grand Rapids MI 12/9/16
youtu.be/501Wg80oLUQ
>Trump Rally in Baton Rouge LA 12/9/16
youtu.be/liZBtm5wt7c
>Trump/Pence Rally in Des Moines IA 12/8/16
youtu.be/627wxijXGGM
>Trump Rally in Fayetteville, NV 12/6/16
youtu.be/IUreExyfw5o
>Pence Rally in New Orleans LA 12/3/16
youtu.be/75MpVO7L3Vw
>Trump on F&F 12/2/16
youtu.be/OQsfIg7KYag
>Trump Rally in Cincinnati OH 12/1/16
youtu.be/udan3dllTyk
>Trump Speaks at Carrier in Indiana 12/1/16
youtube.com/watch?v=h5fbu7BjpUc
>Trump Objectified 11/18/16
youtu.be/qi1df15VmCs
>Trump Meets with Obama 11/10/16
youtu.be/n1ma-GJ6NPc

SALT & FUN
>Martha Raddatz Starts To Cry Over Trump Victory
youtu.be/qb0Zc6y3FMo
>Best Of The Young Turks Election Day Meltdown 2016
youtu.be/0w9Co8wDavY
>The Truth about Trump Protesters
youtu.be/1d9lm-T87AQ
>SJW Meltdowns
youtu.be/dLbkKQ4_-EM
>Trump Saltmining
youtu.be/Ep-YbqfkuzM
>Clinton landslide
youtu.be/wNGyFRjGC3Y

ELECTION NIGHT
>Trump Victory Speech 11/8/16
youtu.be/ESYEUWrW39I
>Donald Trump projected president on CNN
youtu.be/muhrghfODOg
>Donald Trump projected president on Fox News
youtu.be/Z_foudD52pQ
>Putin congratulates Trump
youtu.be/WmEWXseLRlI

INSPIRATION
>1/20/17 (Teaser)
youtu.be/sNcNiLsQO_c
>Donald Trump on Getting Revenge
youtube.com/watch?v=rd0AdArPjqU
>Inauguration of Fire
youtu.be/XKf8jSiaghU
>In the Hall of the Trumpen President
youtu.be/XqEddipbpkw

lets see

hey op i found a gif of you

>Donald Trump claims "nobody really knows" if science is real

"science", it's ran more like a religeon at this point. There's more than enough evidence that it's bust. The fact they had to change the name from Global Warming to the extremely vague climate change should be a big clue.

The biggest way you can tell it's a religion and not a science, anyone who doesn't agree is instantly labelled a heretic.

If you bring up the fact that other planets in our solar system are experiencing similar increase in atmospheric temperatures, heretic.

If you bring up the fact that we are in a relative ice age and well below the average temperature the planet has been throughout it's history, heretic.

If you actually look at the data presented and notice that there is no historical correlation between CO2 levels and temperature increase, heretic.

They don't offer anything else to counter these.

that can't be me, I'm black

>The fact they had to change the name from Global Warming to the extremely vague climate change should be a big clue.
The fact that you repeat false conservative talking points because you can't be bothered to do five minutes of research on this topic is a big clue that you're a dumbass

"climate change" happens constantly

we're currently in a period of global cooling, actually

Well, the jury is still out on what gravity is, exactly. Like, what sources it. Maybe not the best example.

Yes but within 90% confidence rating is considered enough to be taken for fact in terms of how we run our lives and policy.
We don't know exactly how gravity works but we know, with near 100% confidence that it exists enough to affect our day-to-day lives.

Man-Made Global Warming is at about 85% confidence rating and rising as they perform more experiments that isolate the effects more and more

if you guys want to take the red pill do your research on Interplanetary Climate Change

Except the mechanics are far more straight forward than their supposed effects. Nobody knows definitively how much humanity has contributed to global warming - surely we have, as surely nature has contributed her share. The real issue should be how to negate it regardless.

If global warming was real and as rapid as they say it is then it wouldn't be snowing you dumbfuck. It's clearly not real.

ok I skimmed it, my question is, will mars become habitable after this change? will we need to move as Earth becomes more venus-like?

Given what board I'm on I don't even know whether this is b8 or not

Climate change happens due to a variety of causes naturally, which cannot explain the current warming
And how the fuck are we in a period of global cooling? Last year was literally the hottest year on record, followed by the year before. I haven't checked the last few months but when the summer ended 2016 was on pace to be the new hottest year on record. This past decade is the warmest on record.
Where are you getting your """facts"""?

I'm an engineer and he's absolutely right for various reasons

Science is not a "consensus", if one person has strong evidence debunking mainstream claims, you have to address that

"climate science" has become a radically politicized position, to the point where skeptics (NECESSARY for science) are politically and economically punished

Until this climate of fear surrounding the study of global warming subsides, any claims about it should be regarded with extreme skepticism

solar cycles
>a mini ice age in the next 30 years

He's technically right.
the best kind of right.

Science is about observing and theorizing about the unknown, and it's subject to interpretation.

Even things we thought were universal constants don't hold up in all environments.

Shit gets wacky at the quantum level, and the laws of physics don't apply at extreme temperatures either. Once you pass Planck temperature, the rules of physics take a vacation. Weird shit happens that we can't explain.

This sheds some serious doubts on basic theories like the formation of the universe. Big bang would have been well over Planck temperature, so there's no telling what kind of fuckery went on in that event, because nobody really knows what the rules are in that environment.

Science is based upon axioms, and using those axioms to define and observe events and interactions.

If these axioms turn out not to be true 100% of the time, we need to re-think our axioms, and all the science attached to them.

i dont think you really did chek it

Does this mean Donald knows about the massive amount of shilling and shoddy research that happens in science?

you're looking in the short term, we have been headed towards an ice age for 18 years

>"science", it's ran more like a religeon at this point. There's more than enough evidence that it's bust. The fact they had to change the name from Global Warming to the extremely vague climate change should be a big clue.

To left-leaning laymen maybe, but if climate scientists are saying this shit then I take it with more credibility.

>The biggest way you can tell it's a religion and not a science, anyone who doesn't agree is instantly labelled a heretic.

I agree but you still have to bring up counter points and be willing to dispute evidence. And there are statistical ways and proofs of determining how strong one piece of evidence is to an argument over another.

>If you bring up the fact that other planets in our solar system are experiencing similar increase in atmospheric temperatures, heretic.

This is true but the rate at which the Earth has heated up is much greater (taking into account our proximity) compared to those planets, so while there is, on average in the solar system, some increase in average global temperature, the Earth has had a greater increase on average per year than those.

>If you bring up the fact that we are in a relative ice age and well below the average temperature the planet has been throughout it's history, heretic.

We're coming out of the last ice age, so yes, we're still technically in it but the rate at which we're progressing is, again, way faster than prior years and we're heating up much faster than the other planets in our solar system.
We're affecting in 10 years what, at least in terms of atmospheric temperature, would normally take 100 or 1000. This affects how the planet adjusts in a BIG way and I can pull some meteorological diagrams for that if you want.

>If you actually look at the data presented and notice that there is no historical correlation between CO2 levels and temperature increase, heretic.
Pic related.

To your point, laymen are always looking for a new idol to worship

sorry if I don't have the time to read your obvious bullshit, friendo

>Live in Florida
>Always needed warm clothes in December in the 90s
>Sitting almost naked in my house with the air conditioner on in the middle of December

How exactly is global warming a hoax? It's warmer than ever now. Oh wait

>Now we see 40F days in February and early March

Is it really so impossible to think that maybe there is no global warming and perhaps our calendar system doesn't line up perfect with the Earth's seasons?

>gravity
>germs

see you've been drinking the liberal kool-aid. back to tumblr, cuck.

its okay burger the red pill is not for everybody

again where are you getting these ""facts""? The 10 warmest years have all happened in the last 18 years, including 1998 which was an outlier due to an abnormal El Nino. It was the warmest when it happened, now I don't even know if 1998 is in the top-5
Warming is still happening when you look at the long-term trend over the last few decades. It slowed slightly (but did not stop and definitely didn't reverse) for a variety of reasons, such as the fact that although CO2 emissons continue to rise we have successfully limited methane emissions, another GHG

>Someone who doesn't understand meterology
Global Warming refers to average global temperature but the way that the extra warm-fronts affect weather globally is another discussion entirely.
That's the entire issue though. Global Temperatures rising is only really minutely important to human society if it were just that but the increase in warm fronts fucks with all the existing weather patterns that a lot of places were built for.

So warm fronts of greater strength in New England can push cooler air down south to Florida, as a general possibility.

Want me to find the exact meteorological effect that is going on for Florida?, user?

slavs are untermensch

>tfw to smart to blindly believe in empirical sciences
The only thing that can be objectively known are the fields that are defined analytically a priori, i.e. Math, Logic and Programing.

Everything else is just a guesstimation in varying levels of thoughtfulness and probability. The opinion of an expert will be usually more nuanced, learned and likely to be right than the opinion of a layman. But even expert opinions can be contradictory. Ask a room of 10 scientist and you'll come up with 12 answers.

He's clearly been reading a lot of Thomas Kuhn.

>if science is real
>nobody-really-knows-climate-change-real

sage for disinformation

>Science should never be subject to critique or change. It's something dogmatic that you have to blindly follow.

Kill yourself