If God is all powerful and all loving, why doesn't he just abolish hell...

If God is all powerful and all loving, why doesn't he just abolish hell? It doesn't seem fair to punish people infinitely for a finite amount of sin. Either he doesn't have the power to abolish hell, and isn't all powerful, or he isn't that loving...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qhwojArfuEI
youtube.com/watch?v=c-oeQgAsPzk&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=P5_-pfqFGJI
helltruth.com
youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g&
youtube.com/watch?v=zpGZ_xDtA3I&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon.

How do you know hell exists? Youre making a lot of assumptions

Heaven, standing in the presence of a loving God you have dedicated your life to serving.

He'll, standing in the presence of a loving God you have dedicated your life to avoiding.

I'm not religious, but you're trying to understand the mind of an infinitely intelligent being. Of course you'll find no logic.

You're arguing off the premise that you know fully what "all loving" entails. An omniscient god has a better grasp of morality than you do especially since he is the source of it and therefore judging him on your own ideas of fairness is meaningless.

But I'm wondering why do christians call g-d "he"?
Does dog have a benis?
If g.d have a benis is it uncut or circumcised?
If circumcised who did it?
Even then if g*d is white does that mean niggers have bigger benis than g:d?
Does this makes niggers more powerful then d*g?
Oh goood why did u put a benis between man's legs?
Why did u put foreskin on it to be removed?

You put yourself in hell by rejecting God. God wants everyone to be saved.

Why should God give eternal life to the unrighteous?

I agree. However, we humans do decide the definitions of the words we use. God does not fit our definition of all-loving. Therefore we should use a different word to describe his traits.

>"hey guys dedicate your life to me even though I haven't shown any sign of my existence in the last two millennia"
>"don't masturbate that's bad"

On a serious note, why should people be righteous for a God that hides himself in heaven all the time?

>don't masturbate that's bad
eh. Christianity's morals are pretty weak if you ask me, considering the ONLY thing that gets you into heaven is acceptance and faith in JC--yes, even sins you haven't repented for (masturbation in this case) are forgiven if you accept him.

Why should be punish people simply because they didn't believe when there is explicitly no evidence? Why is believing without evidence the best way to judge who is righteous?

I feel like a Christian who has committed adultery or murder would go to hell before an Atheist who's lived a pretty good life, that's just me though

Rev. 20:14-15, Romans 5, 1 Cor. 15

For God created man to be immortal, and made him to be an image of his own eternity. (Wisdom of Solomon 2:23)

god as your picture related op doesnt exist you stupid fuck
god is probably scientist or computer programmer or advanced AI or some conscious/unconscious force.

Thanks, Straya

WHats with the masturbation meme?

You'd deny your own creator just to touch your own weiner?

Great priorities.

God doesn't choose hell for you. You choose hell by rejecting God.

there are lot of questions, why did he allow lucifer to rebel

fuck you are stupid, I don't think hell exist or either god really but it's men't be about personal responsibility. If you be a cunt then their are consequences. It's like if you are a slut don't be surprised if you get an STD

>The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon.
>The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon.

Religions were mainly created to maintain order.
There is no point in teaching it to people the same way as they teach law nowadays.

>Yeah sure Jamal is you rape and kill that little girl you will only burn in hell for like 10 years and then you'll go to heaven.

Meditations. Read it and be well.

>I feel

good thing it was spelled out for us then

If you were a bad person here you simply cease to exist in the afterlife. There is no hell.

>hides himself
if you cant see him it doesnt mean he hides

what we are (in soul, not in body) is a part of what God is. If we do not make our souls fit for heaven, and he then lets us into heaven, then it's not heaven anymore. God has no power to make our choices for us.

God should know that you can't maintain your following without meeting your followers halfway every so often

Hell is not eternal. The wages of sin is death, not eternal life in torment. If you do not believe, you simply cease to exist. The Scripture (BIBLE) is REALLY really clear about this. Dante and the Catholics made up an eternal hell when they borrowed those concepts from pagan religions and integrated them into the faith.

Hell is where you are burned up. "This is the second DEATH."

Watch these 3 vids bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=qhwojArfuEI
youtube.com/watch?v=c-oeQgAsPzk&t=2s

‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ And they will go away into ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Hell doesn't actually last forever you're thrown back in the system after your sentence.

I was catholic, then I was atheist. Now I don't even know, but I'm starting to not think so literally about this topic. Here have a nice video:

>inb4 joe rogcuckan

youtube.com/watch?v=P5_-pfqFGJI

Well, God said that the next time he returns to Earth it will be during the end days - until then all Christians still have the Holy Spirit. Most people forget about the third part of God.

Hell is the absence of God. The eternal damnation you speak of is not a physical location or state, but an eternity without God's grace. He grants us the opportunity to choose Him. He is not withholding anything, nor is he incapable. Some of us are incapable of loving Him back.

he's there waiting for you, you just need to look for him, he's not going to distract you from what you want to do

Eternal punishment is eternal non-existence. It is eternal, but it is not what you think. The wages of sin is d-e-a-t-h.
Jesus was quoting Isaiah in that verse bro. If you are not alive forever, you are being punished forever. Show me a more substantial verse brother.

"For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." - Malachi 4:1

Nothing is left- only stubble, for eternity. That is the eternal punishment Yeshua is talking about.

Yes God is currently on a deep space exploration trip to Alpha Centauri. He won't be coming Earthside for a while.

I really want to prove this to you brother, shoot me another verse and I will show you why there was a misinterpretation. There certainly is a resurrection of the wicked and the righteous, but the wicked go to be burned up. They are "stubble."All throughout the old testament, the wages of sin is death. Yeshua did not change this doctrine brother.

Think of the Holy Spirit as a caretaker A.I.

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

>why doesn't he just abolish hell?

you're already there boyo

Here is what Yeshua was quiting:

"Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt." - Daniel
(sorry it's Daniel, not Isaiah)
The contempt is what they were, so that we never forget, but they are not alive and aware of their state of death. But they are dead brother, not alive being tormented.
They are judged righteously, punished and then burned up. They CERTAINLY are punished though, depending on what they did in life. They are judged by their works if they don't have Yeshua.

Exactly.

it's not an infinite punishment please visit helltruth.com , and don't fall for the catholic doctrine meme.

I am aware of the third part of God and how spirits remain in blissful lucidity until Jesus' kingdom on Earth is completed, but saying that you will return during an undisclosed time designated as the "end days" is extremely ambiguous to base a lifetime of devotion to for me

If I become biologically immortal and absolve myself of any and all ailments, wouldl I instead be waiting for him?

Here is another one:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23

This is really clear. You see, you have to reconcile this verse with the one you presented. There is only one answer. The verse you gave me is not specific like this verse is. This verse is 100% clear brother.

Sin is infinite. It butterfly effects.

>muh human logic > omniscient god that is perfect in ways unimaginable to humans

Think of the bigger picture. Assuming God has been around forever, will he continue to be around forever? Or am I mistaken in using humanity's concept of time on an all-powerful creator? Personally I like the idea that God is more of an energy than just some old guy. God is everywhere, and everything. The afterlife having varying levels you move up or down in is interesting as well (Vibrations, 2d, 3d?).

Then you get into all the stuff about Archons, or a demiurge. Aliens? Fuck it all, there's too much disinfo fantasy crap out there. Just repent, be a good person, actively better yourself, and actively work to make the world around you a better place. Forgive, and put others before you. (This can be done without going full on Sweden refugee crisis levels of cuckoldry.)

The Tibetan book of the dead (I think it was called) is pretty interesting. It makes you wonder though, what's the purpose of everything at a greater level? Will everything simply be gone one day? Is Earth merely a test? A test for what? An afterlife full of friendly spirit orbs and angelic choirs?

>falling for an old and busted catholic dogmatic concept plagiarized from Greek mythology

>If God is all powerful and all loving, why doesn't he just abolish hell?

It's simple:

Free Will

God dignifies us with free will, the power to make decisions of our own rather than having God or fate predetermine what we do. Consider what the Bible teaches.

>If I become biologically immortal and absolve myself of any and all ailments, would I instead be waiting for him?
you can't escape God's judgment no matter what

>"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
>This is really clear. You see, you have to reconcile this verse with the one you presented. There is only one answer. The verse you gave me is not specific like this verse is. This verse is 100% clear brother.
All verses used in the New testament to justify hell as a place of eternal torment alive, is misinterpreted and this false interpretation plays off on the vagueness of the verse. Consider this verse:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23

This verse is really clear. You see, one MUST reconcile this verse with any other verse presented. There is only one right answer to this question. The other NT verses are not specific like this verse is. This verse is 100% clear brothers. We are resurrected with the wicked, but then the wicked are "burned up."

This is the second death. Eternal death is the eternal punishment.

There's literally no good reason to leave heaven ya shit for brains.

"I'm going to prepare a place for you. In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you." Honestly He could be making a place for you too, it's between you and Him.

OP, a similar argument to yours goes like this:

>If red + blue = purple, isnt red = half purple and blue = half purple?

You are using primitive logic to try and understand something beyond the 2-D Cartesian thought-space available to you.

I'll be completely honest with you, if God came down to me today and told me that I can spend an eternity of paradise with him, I'll ask him if I can have the power to travel a Multiverse, because exploration is my greatest source of happiness. That would be paradise to me

>I am aware of the third part of God and how spirits remain in blissful lucidity until Jesus' kingdom on Earth is completed, but saying that you will return during an undisclosed time designated as the "end days" is extremely ambiguous to base a lifetime of devotion to for me

Honestly I thought the same way for quite a while. Yet, thinking about if the people I know are going to end up in Paradise or pain, I honestly don't want God to come back just yet - there's still too much work to be done!

(OP)
youtube.com/watch?v=VN-1jUc963g&

If there were concrete physical proof of God, faith in Him would be worthless. Obedience without free will is worthless for the same reason.

But obedience because you have free will and choose to do what the Creator desires, because He loves us and wants good things for us, does make sense. You see, my faith in Yeshua is total freedom. Freedom from what is wrong and sin. One day this corruptible flesh will be gone and I will put on incorruptible.

>why doesn't he just abolish hell?

To begin with Hell, I would like to specify that Hell is considered a place to some and a state to others but the only clear difference is that Hell is the separation from God so I will be referring to Hell as the separation from God alone so to be inclusive.

This is mainly a theological issue. I have no interest in refuting the notion that Hell is something that God puts you into in a penal sense as that is separate from Catholic theology. Catholicism argues that Hell is a "self-exclusion". Not in the "you did this to yourself, look what you made me do" sense but in the literal sense. Hell is voluntarily chosen and those who reject God in life are likely to reject God in death. Those who reject God in name may not reject God in essence. Those who support God in name may not support God in essence. If someone was to will themselves to be excluded from God there is no moral reason to take them out of a place they wish to be and put them in a place they do wish to be. To be against this is both rejecting the person's freedom and what the person would think.

ITT fags defending primitive beliefs, grow up, its cringy how many of you that consider yourself redpilled but still believe in a magic beeing in the sky. I get the christian values point and how its important to keep them, but most above average iq understand how religion is just a form for crowd control.

>Tl;dr
If you believe this shit, youre either 1. Afraid of death and a pussy
Or 2. Retarded

You should welcome death, not just believe whatever you want to block the scary toughts. Kek

Good luck to you my friend!

If he showed up every millennia or so, I don't think faith in him would be worthless

I'd like to draw a comparison with Hitler, since there was concrete evidence of Hitler's existence, yet faith in his cause was not worthless since he still had major opposition

Satan said this in the beginning:

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden '?" - Genesis 3:2

You see, Satan, from the beginning, portrayed God's instructions as being oppressive and cumbersome. You know as well as I do that it was only one tree, not "every tree" in the garden. Now that we know what good and evil is, we can choose to do good or bad. But even today, Satan tries to convince us that we are somehow missing out the "good stuff" if we want to do sin. The truth is that God's love for us is His instructions and His instructions are meant to bring us blessing. Disobedience is like putting our hand on a hot oven - we can do it, but it is a bad idea because it will hurt us. See how this works? Our love for God is to realize that He wants to bless us for doing the right thing, and obeying His commandments because we have written His law on our hearts. Its like a son who grows up and understands his fathers instructions, and loves his father and does the same as his father because he believes the same way as his father. It is this way with God and us:

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome." - 1 John 5:3

How do you know he hasn't already? It's not like he would keep us updated. He loves gay people now so it's not unreasonable to assume hell has been revamped.

Get the fuck out.

Lol nice argument. Do you really think God would tell us if he got rid of hell? Think about it for even a second, he doesn't stand to benefit telling everyone there's no hell because then crime rates, rape, blackmail rates etc. would fly through the roof.
Since gays are allowed in the church now (think about how they NEVER would have been accepted in a holy place of worship) it's not unrealistic.

Maltheism. He made us in his image, really tells me a lot about that dude.

If God is all omnipotent, why did he let Lucifer revolt against him in heaven? Which lead to hell and all the bad stuff?

Hell is a place, where sinners are burned up:

"For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." - Malachi 4:1

wait i have a theory for that, what if he made angels like part of this realm, and made them with free will like us? he couldnt have interfere with them cos they are choosing, that's why he's going to be judged with all of us

Right but that was about 2000 years ago, that's when we last heard of it, that's what I'm saying. God has the ability to get rid of hell and recent developments show that it's totally possible he already has.

>Do you really think God would tell us if he got rid of hell?
God is unchanging and the premise you present of God implies a poorly understand grasp of what people even are talking about then they speak of God.

>tripfag

Hell wasn't a thing in the bible. G-d only rewards eternal life. We don't know what happens if we die the normal way.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>god is unchanging
Sorry, I didn't know you were the authority on this, I thought HE was.

I think we only have to look at our observable universe and physical laws for a clue to that one.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Magnets have positive and negative poles.
We have positive and negative thoughts, and positive and negative actions.
Matter exists, so does anti-matter.

Let's say that before the universe, before the big bang, God existed in a state of perfection, an equal balance of forces, a single extant. And in the act of creation (the big bang) changed state. Necessarily, if something is perfect and it changes state, then it follows the something no longer is perfect. That way, creation changed the single extant into the positive and negative of opposing forces.

The bible is admittedly metaphorical in places; how do mere humans try to capture the hugeness of creation? Is Lucifer a being somewhat like us, who rebelled? Or could Lucifer be all the negative and destructive forces that came into being as part of the sundered Creation? Lucifer is all evil- with intent to separate us from the good and the positive. As we try to get back to our oneness and state of perfection. Because as the astronomers will tell you, we are made up of that stardust that occurred at the Big Bang. We are all connected and we seek to rejoin into that state of perfection. But WE create negativity, WE MAKE negativity and evil as we visualize and create death and destruction, manifesting it into our own reality.

It is our positive thoughts (prayer) that changes our lives for the better. We've seen that, quantum researchers have seen it..positive thinking DOES have an actual effect on our reality. Well, so does negative. I think the answer to the question about whether Lucifer was allowed to rebel, is scientific and logical as well dogmatic.

You seem to know everything about god, pls share your wisdom with us non blessed plebs

>literally the fedora of Christianity right here
Didnt know this was a "you cringe you lose thread" but you sure got me

Actually God said this:

"I will not violate my covenant or alter the word that went forth from my lips." - Psalm 89:34

Hell is a place where things are burned up and those things of this reality have not been judged yet. The lake of fire is waiting for that day and is very real. God will not take back what His lips have said. Ever. I hope you understand this brother, else the whole doctrine set out in Scripture may be questioned.

Christfaggots should be banned. Why are you even here? There's containment board for you lunatics, go back to /x/

Does His "covenant" specifically include the institution of Hell? Didn't think so. And he's not changing what he's saying, it would just be a slight reform to the afterlife. Not unthinkable. Are you saying he can't do it? If so I'm done talking to you lol

God also said this:

"Your word, LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens." - Psalm 119:89

What is written in the Word (Scripture) is forever even-though it was written 2000 years ago. The whole Bible is as relevant to our lives today as they were 2000 years ago.

The WHOLE thing? Yeah, I don't know about that. God knows it's pretty much impossible to follow His word to the letter, he's forgiving and probably doesn't care if you shave your sideburns desu. Here's the truth: you have no way of knowing the true motives of God since 2000 years ago and you have to admit it's likely that Hell no longer exists.

>being this behind

You have no way out of this argument, m8. You're being a child.

The attributes of God are discerned as doctrine of His church, stated authoritatively. I'm sure I don't need to explain apostolic authority to you. Further, there is discern God from reason through our examination of nature, reaffirming those same damn attributes. Hell, most arguments for divine conservation would reaffirm being unchanging to be necessary of God.

Sure. What do you want to get into exactly?
I've been part of many Catholic Generals over the last year or so and sharing information if you just want to check archives for information but, please, go ahead and tell me a place to detail to you.

Welcome to Sup Forums, though, man.

Read my other posts and get your head out of your ass, you don't know better than Him.

Well God says that He will not take back what has come from His lips.
His lips said this:

""Behold, they have become like stubble, Fire burns them; They cannot deliver themselves from the power of the flame; There will be no coal to warm by Nor a fire to sit before!" - Isaiah 47:14

The context of the statement is that the message is from God. The Word is eternal, just as the words from the mouth of God will not be taken back. God would be lying if He changed this outcome described above. God says that He does not lie like a man does:

"God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. ..." - Numbers 23:19

>this bullshit again

What does God know that I don't?
Seriously, tell me. Further, tell me how you know this. Please. Go ahead.

How can a all benevolent bean curse his own retarded creaton to suffer in hell for eternity? its a bit sadistic.

>What does God know that I don't?
This level of hubris cannot possibly come from a real christian.

>this troll
6/10, I'm tired.

No I know that even though the Word was written 2000 years ago, God says that His law and Word are eternal. So did Paul. I trust these Words brother and I have no reason to believe it has changed. 2000 years is the blink of an eye for God. As far as following the whole law, that is not what God asks of us. If we believe, we try to walk after the perfect example of Yeshua and "go and sin no more." The definition of sin is to violate God's law. Yeshua is the root of salvation, his imputed righteousness, but we are to try our best to stop sinning once we realize this, particularly when we know that Yeshua receives the punishment that we deserve for sins. If this law is done away with, then what is the point of a savior in Yeshua?

Check this video out:
youtube.com/watch?v=zpGZ_xDtA3I&