Why do conservatives love sucking the dick of the oil companies?

why do conservatives love sucking the dick of the oil companies?
Unless you're getting paid by oil lobbyists like Republican politicians, or like the Exxon Mobil CEO, I don't see why you'd be against fighting climate change which could very well destroy our planet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil_climate_change_controversy
exxonsecrets.org/html/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=nLuBgZ1bgoY
youtube.com/watch?v=fbW-aHvjOgM&feature=channel_video_title
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon.

Climate change is a Jewish lie.

It's been established that climate change is irreversible. We're already past the point of no return.

The fact that the democrats are hell-bent on pouring money into trying to prevent the inevitable is extremely suspicious.

Because it is expensive as fuck to fight it for companies, so they either pay up or move to a country that dont give a fuck.

>climate change, which hasn't been proven to be real, could destroy our planet
>let's make it unfit for humans even faster by stopping all use of fossil fuels

(((climate change))) is a hoax to destroy the last industry in America controlled by WASPs

T-Rex Till will be amazing as SoS

Because we have our own oil in Australia, in the USA and elsewhere that you greenie fuckholes won't let us use so they have us instead purchase the oil from theocratic monarchies in some desert shithole, propping up governments that fund and encourage terrorist attacks against us and have long standing alliances and arms deals with the same groups that killed our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Fact is ya'll lost control of this board by electing Trump.

we're in an interglacial period
we only have the luxury of caring about the environment because of our wealth and production and that is only possible due to our cheap energy sources
modern environmentalism remains a doctrine for the upper class and they're all really just rebranded Malthusians
T-Rex wants to make money and give me cheap oil while doing so, enviromentalists want me to stop having kids and live in an adobe hut and shit in an environmentally friendly dry toilet
the decision is easy

Because the people here are either paid ExxonMobil shills or useful idiots.

>humanity dumps about 6,870 Million Metric Tons of CO2 into the atmosphere each year
>LOL ARTIFICIAL CLIMATE CHANGE IS A HOAX BY THE JOOS

when u hippie shit nerds don't cry chernobyl or fukoshima anytime someone suggests some fucking nuclear power plants.

goddamn.

Green energy companies and the oil companies are owned by the same investors and umbrella corps. They don't care about you or the environment and while this is a bait thread, I know there are actual faggots on this board that think they do in fact give a shit.

Pro tip, they don't.

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

>that climate change is irreversible
completely dependent on the solar activity by the sun and the earth's response to the sun, it has bare minimum little to do with us

They have to defend the company line (meaning every idiotic thing the republican party says) 100% or else some meanie on the internet is going to call them a cuck and hurt their feefees.

fuck you, i'm not a cuck! i'm a man and i like other big strong hard thinking men like trump! fuck yeah! climate change is fake, just like evolution! god bless murca!

Wow, less than a single volcanic eruption
Humans are insignificant

It's just amazing that all you cucks have left is climate change. Trump is out there GUTTING everything you stand for right now and you're talking about the weather.

For all the intelligence you claim to have, you should understand that AI is a much bigger/current threat.

But here you are... crying about some shit thats a millennia away because Al Gore told you to.

This kind of shit is why we had to dick-slap you commies this go around.

You have to have freedom and a country to enjoy your precious climate, remember that.

Are you really surre about this Ameriburgers?

By not doing anything about climate change you are just ensuring that America turns into a shithole dust bowl in the future while the North of

> A FUCKING LEAF

and Russia become lush and prosperous with the ice Tundra's melting within 100 years making farming and exploitation of unlimited natural resources possible and profitable with Northern shipping becoming the busiest in the world.

Thanks for not doing anything about Climate change Drumpfkeks

I want an end to third world mass immigration first. I want an end to White Genocide. I want an end to Feminism and Political Correctness. Only then will I care about pollution, global warming, etc. The truth is, my homeland is to be ceded to savage barbarians then I'd rather see it destroyed. I am completely serious. I get a thrill out of watching liberals shit their pants about climate change. If demographics continue to go to shit as they're projected to, then I hope they inherit a world that is not worth living in. And they will deserve it.

My entire family works in the industry.

>says the guy with specious ancestry

>100% of their predictions are false
>continue to shower them with sheckels in case they're right

This is like the lowest hanging fruit on the Jewish conspiracy tree.

>I don't see why you'd be against fighting climate change which could very well destroy our planet

Climate change has been a meme since the late 50s.

You're right, Obongo. Reality doesn't change.

>a leaf tries to tell me the future reading the lines on a maple leaf
>just a fucking leaf

>the man-made volcano that erupts every single year for 100+ years combined with any naturally occurring volcanoes
>the amount of CO2 dumped increases each year exponentially
LOL SO INSIGNIFICANT
So glad I listened to a proxy weeb on Sup Forums.

There has been a massive disinformation campaign by climate deniers for decades, this isn't anything new. Companies like Exxonmobil knew about AGW during the 1970s, they actively coordinated and aided in climatologist research efforts at that time, in order to better understand the effects of past and present climate on Earth, which in turn would aid in oil exploration. During the 1980s however, their process shifted to disinformation and denial of the scientific evidence, they started to allocate funding, alongside other fossil fuel companies like the Southern company, BP, and Shell to name a few with organizations such as the Global Climate Coalition, which tens of millions of dollars was pumped into from many dozens of energy companies in order to deny the science of AGW and spread their special interest. They continued this type of funding into a variety of institutions, such as George C. Marshall (which is headed by a petroleum lobbyist), Heartland Institute, Cato Institute and other conservative "think tank" organizations. They ceased all funding to these organizations around 2007, but they still likely fund these same organizations through third parties, since many of them do not have to disclose where their money comes from as private organizations.

Organizations like Heartland for example, coordinate denialist networks and hold conferences each year where they parade around one or two people from the scientific field, who aren't even in the field of climatology and don't publish any data in climatologist journals, to come speak to crowds of denialist bloggers which in turn spread the misinformation around through the Internet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExxonMobil_climate_change_controversy
exxonsecrets.org/html/index.php

It's not a conspiracy, this is all backed up by facts.

It really all comes down to organizations that are against government regulation of anything at any cost.

So far that amount of carbon has only increased temperatures by like 1 degree. Sounds like we've got at least another century of full steam ahead fossil fuel exploitation before we've got to worry.

1 degree is a fuckton, retard.

This. The largest investors in alt energy are the oil majors

>n+1
>exponentially

sometimes i wish i could be this stupid

>6,870 Million Metric Tons of CO2 into the atmosphere each year
3 times higher in dinosaur age

And yet we are two degrees below average for the past hundred million years

Liberals:

"YA GOTTA STOP CLIMATE CHANGE"

Conservatives:

"How?"

Liberals:

"Uh..."
>wind turbines

>can't produce enough energy to offset costs until 250 years later, lifespan of only 15 years, making it a net polluter

>more regulations

>do nothing but offshore companies to China, where they'll be 1000x more dangerous in terms of global CO2 production, but also 1000x more profitable for CEOs

>carbon tax... literally getting taxed to live... Main Street economy is nuked into the Stone Age

>emissions trading, aka "cap and trade"... government literally requires you to get a permit to pollute... permits are sold on market by Jews salivating over the prospects of speculating all human activities

Solve climate change, goyim!

who's this clown?

Alternative energy is good, but only when it is viable on the free market.

Don't fall for the climate Jew.

>sometimes i wish i could be this stupid
not an argument, please show me why humans are such a cataclysmic effect on the environment instead of ignoring the fact that it's been this hot before in the past and that the climate will change no matter what we do

you already are

>Reality doesn't change

The solution would be nuclear, but the libs fucked that one too

>things should be the same as in dinosaur times

wew lad

>why do conservatives love sucking the dick of the oil companies?
Oil is the backbone of modern civilization.

That's why.

let me fuck your day OP

youtube.com/watch?v=nLuBgZ1bgoY

this guy is a mathematician who debunked the myth of Climate Change. Op is too much of a cuck to understand that what is called climate change is just how nature does things. learn how the sea works, you fucking cuck, and then come back and try to say the same shit.

because the entire scientific community says its real and i dont wear tin foil hats religiously like you do.

Climate Change won't destroy our planet. It will destroy and set back our civilization. The planet will survive, it will eventually heal itself over thousands / hundreds of thousands of years. Species survive, adapt and change, and the world will probably look a lot different by the time the effects have normalized.

However, all our accomplishments, everything humanity has achieved is as threat of being set back. Our cities, many of which are in the coastal zone, are under threat. Our technology, our advances in science and engineering will decrease as we deal with over-population, mass migrations from coastal zones, and extreme weather events triggering agricultural losses, and water shortages in areas where already depleted aquifers are incredibly stressed. These things won't happen overnight, but will occur over decades / centuries as the effects of a warmer trend manifest themselves on our civilization.

I am a conservative in almost every aspect, in terms of taxation, in terms of immigration, in terms of traditionalism to an extent, in terms of the 2nd amendment.

I am also pro-science. I understand the scientific process and I accept the evidence for climate change, not only because as someone with a geology degree I actually have a better understanding of the process than most people, but because I have researched it myself, something your average person doesn't have the time or mind to do. It's a lot easier to be ignorant than be informed on scientific issues.

AGW was and never has been a political issue, and conservatives in general are mostly to blame for it becoming one, funded by special interest in the energy sector. Go look at who funds people like Jim Inhofe, one of the leading climate deniers in the US government. Go look up almost any other science denying politician and you will find the funding links to the energy sector. It's laughable. Special interest owns our politicians.

>one guy has a retarded claim about a field that he has no authority in
>STUNNING PROOF

you retards make my day.

>whats an average?

>hehe yes goy climate change is a myth, BP/shell is your friend, pay no attention to the oil man spreading disinfo about climatology

Liberals that are anti-nuclear are stupid, yes, but it's not just liberals that are responsible for the dull state of nuclear energy throughout the world. You think the petroleum industry doesn't have a vast interest in maintaining its own energy monopoly?

We could have fully working molten salt reactors operating throughout the US right now if the research funding wasn't cut because the US government wanted Nuclear plants that could create fissile material for bombs.

Also, nuclear regulations are so tight, so complicated that any nuclear power plant in the US will be incredibly difficult to build.

Why is it that every time climate change is brought up there's a new way it's going to kill us and that never happens?

For one, I would say your intelligence.

>100 million years ago
>dinosaur times
Wew libs really are retarded

Liquid fuels have done more to improve the standard of living and quality of life of people than anything other than electricity.

Just like the entire academic community believes in thirty genderp and safe spaces, youre fired or never get grants if you upset the liberal clergy

This

Your doomsday cult is not attractive to me. You lie to justify theft. I say no. You will not be allowed to steal and you will not be allowed to restrict business. You have no say in the matter. You lost because of this sort of thing.

Every climatologist benefits from alarmist findings because that means they need more funding, versus finding out climate change is a hoax in which case we cut their funding.

>inb4 we've entered the timeline where Climate Change resolves itself and it turns out that actually there was some particular one geyser somewhere spewing out shittonnes of CO2 and no one knew and it just plugged itself up via the recent eartquakes

Not an argument

That picture is so retarded, both happen you stupid fucking leaf.

For stating facts that disprove your one degree in a millenia will kill us all bs?

I'd rather destroy the planet and drive a bad-ass car then save it and ride around in an eco-friendly self driving cuck-mobile.

What the fuck did any of this have to do with my post?

Nothing.

Thank you for your pointless diatribe, which contributed not a damn thing to the discussion, except your blindness to the politicization of the climate change issue by liberals.

If you do not accept the holy gospel of climate change, you will be ostracized. Even if you accept climate change, but reject the left's idiotic solutions, then you'll be ostracized.

It's Lysenkoism 2.0.

As if we won't just annex Canada when the time comes.

DAY OF THE RAKE!

The Earth will be JUST FINE.

It is Human life that is squirming to prevent their own extinction.

God it's like the fucking people who say we need to fight forest fires.

No you dumb shit. Forest fires are actually good for the forest as the pine cones only release seeds after reaching a certain temperature and exploding. Forest fires are only bad for the life living amongst the trees.

I hate to break it to you, Jedediah, but the Earth wasn't created by God 6,000 years ago. It's much older than that.

Oh god, Monckton AGAIN. Do you people ever fucking learn? Pushing this same lying faggot again and again. He is no mathematician. He has no scientific background or training. He was never a scientific adviser to Thatcher. He was never a member of the House of Lords. He has never published a peer-reviewed paper in his life. He is a lying sack of fucking shit.

Please refer to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=fbW-aHvjOgM&feature=channel_video_title

Watch them all and never listen to this retard ever again please.

Also, citing Inforwars on climate change, never change Sup Forums.

>Trump stops climate crisis during his presidency

why do progressives like to do nothing but stand in teh way of progress and development?

It has to do with you playing the old political card with climate change, aka "LIBRULS BELIEVE DIS, CONSERVATIVES BELIEVE THIS!"

Once again bringing politics into climate science.

climate change is just one more opportunity for humans to do what humans do best.

people who think the regulations we are putting in place have any impact whatsoever are just bad at math. Forget regulation and start working on a real solution.

>ignores billions doled out by government in grants

>ignores billions in politicized media coverage

Oil companies are pretty scummy but climate change is Wall Street's vehicle to making a new invisible economy.

Fuck that. At least we need oil to thrive.

Is this the oil pill?

Because it will result in the deaths of billions of niggers. Why would you reverse such a thing?

One degree in like 75 years (not a millennia) with no signs of stopping and a direct correlation to industrial activity, yeah. Pretty unprecedented and alarming.

troll, stop believing in fanaticism not every scientists believes in "human made climate change" they have mentioned it in articles but dont positively assert that it's entirely man made. Also climate change research has been shown to be methodogically similar to others and been known to falsify data to match others, possibly because there's a lot of money to be made off of gullible people

also think about the fact that LITERALLY NOTHING said from the climate change people has come true, literally nothing and the entire study is based on projections instead of hard evidence or science

Climate change is real, I'm not sure if man made is a factor but over pollution like the smog in China is bad for everyone.

Regardless It's been used to diminish the economic power of the USA while India and China aren't held to the same standards and enjoy the unfair advantages.

Will promoting US energy and coal increase climate change? I doubt it, but it doesn't allow the US to virtue signal to other countries about the promotion of renewable energy.

We're trending away from oil naturally, it's just gonna take a few decades. Electric cars will replace gas, battery tech will improve, thorium nuclear power, etc... These are things incomprehensible to liberals. They're so focused on solar (bullshit), wind (bullshit), and taxing (you can't change habits). Not to mention you never hear a peep from them about methane emissions from farm animals.

If there's some kind of looming disaster i'd like to hear the specifics of it. It's 2016 and the coastlines are not flooded yet. They can't provide accurate assessments then fuck off.

Someone who is right.

Yes its just a coincidence that all but two of hundreds or peer reviewed models grossly overestimated global warming in the past decade.
Government funds have no agenda, and there is no ideological slant

Everything is political because climate change requires social change. You didn't even address the economic and technological realities of the situation.

Liberals are useful idiots because they're promoting nothing but corporate solutions in the long-run... unless we want to return to the pre-industrial era.

There is no immediate solution to climate change, with the exception of expanding nuclear power. That's the facts.

>climatology
do a pretty job of that themselves, also you dont need to be a shill to disagree on a topic

They all work in Universities, nigga. They'd get funding regardless.

Plus, who the fuck would have the most money to fund a climatologist? A trillion dollar energy company or your local state government? The argument that there's more money in arguing against oil companies than for them has got to be one of the more retarded arguments I see trotted around this board.

And he couldn't name one 180 degree policy. Why? Because there are none.

>unprecedented
By that do you mean extremely common?
Weather data is noisy as fuck with external variables

>climate change which could very well destroy our planet

like I give a shit what happens to this planet

The fact of the matter is, oil, natural gas, nuclear, etc. going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

It's not that climate change isn't happening, it's simple that unless there's some massive reduction in the global population SEVEN FUCKING BILLION PEOPLE are going to have a massive effect on the climate until we can really sit down and figure out how to make solar and other sources viable.

All your dumbass carbon taxes and excessive regulations do is make America less competative, someone else will take advantage and fill the void *cough* the country where crab rangoon doesn't actually come from *cough*

We're only 5% of the population breh (Yes, we. You are a part of America)

I think most deny climate change because they see the globalists using it as an excuse to seize power and expand the scope of the UN etc. But denying it makes our otherwise rational side look stupid.

We need to promote decentralized and nation based fixes man, like clean energy investments

Not entirely true.

The planet has fluctuating levels of atmospheric gasses that keep heat in. It's why the planet doesn't immediately freeze over when we rotate facing away from the sun.

These "greenhouse" gases fluctuate over time. We can measure these fluctuations easily in ice core samples.

The Earth has the ability to process a set amount of these gasses to allow some of the sun's heat to radiate out. And it's by quite a large margin. But certain events like massive volcanoes can throw out immense amounts of these gasses into the atmosphere, causing abrupt changes that lead to dramatic climate shifts.

Again, this is all fact. It can easily be observed in geology and ice core samples.

Human beings also produce many of these gasses as a byproduct of modern manufacturing and agriculture. This isn't even up for dispute, and anyone that denies this is literally ignorant.

The *question* is, are humans adding *more* of these gasses to the atmosphere than the planet can naturally account for in a timely enough fashion to keep our climate tolerable for our modern agricultural and population needs.

This question has not been adequately answered, and despite what many liberals like to say, the scientific community isn't nearly as close to consensus on the question as they would like to be.

Climate change is a natural part of the planet's ecosystem. It happens constantly, and has been measured in a multitude of ways that all reach a consensus.

Human impact on the climate is still something no one can honestly answer with absolute certainty because the planet has managed to compensate for a lot of nasty shit over the countless eons.

I agree with a lot of what you said but idk how it applies to the other guys comment nir do I see any solutions in it as usual.

Finding an alternative to fossil fuels will be one of the hardest things the world has ever done and its going to take all western nations at full strength to pull this off. Which is exactly why liberal solutions to climate change make no fucking sense.

It isn't, and you don't know shit about climate.

Keep virtue-signaling about climate change while you cry about politicization.

"Politics" = the discussion of solutions. My post was about the fact that WE HAVE NO SOLUTIONS.

Some miserable excuse for a conservative you are. We get it. You took high school earth science. So did all of us. Now contribute to the discussion or go fuck yourself.

The effect is logarithmic. With each doubling of the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, the temperature increases 1 degree. There are 3 trillion tons of CO2 in the atmosphere currently. By your numbers, humanity wouldn't cause even a single degree of warming for over 400 years.

Because we're fighting it for no reason at this point and may as well make money by not relying on Arabs for oil and take advantage of our own. However the dems are owned by the Saudis so they will try to brainwash idiots

>The argument that there's more money in arguing against oil companies than for them has got to be one of the more retarded arguments I see trotted around this board.
an oil company paying someone to study under their wings is a PR nightmare also there's billions of dollars wasted on ineffective green energy and studies to go against the oil companies

He's going to not fund the EPA im pretty sure and he's denied climate change in the past

You are right.
Unfortunately for you I am a scientist and I'm here to bust your lil bubble.
You know that thing, called climate change? Yeah, turns out not only is it a natural occurrence that is inevitable when a thing such as climate exists(the world is dynamic HOLY SHIT even the earth's crust changes HOLY BALLS TITFUCK REEEEEEEEE), it is essential for life on earth and it has varied far FAR more than anything we know of in recent memory.

For example, my fun, and retarded little faggot, did you know that-
1. The oceans used to be 400 feet lower than current levels only about 14,000 years ago?
2. The location that is currently known as Canada used to sit under a mile to two miles of ice sheet?
3. There were boreal forests where the Bering Straight is now?
4. We're still technically in an interglacial period and the glaciers melting is part of a natural ebbing of this process?
5. Meteors and volcanoes make man made climate change a moot point?

Yeah. Too bad son. Your virtue signaling is faggotry.
>I care about the planet and nature!
No you don't. That's why you still opt to live in modern civilization. You just want people to think you care to stroke your ego.
Some of us can see this bullshit. And we call you out for it. Lemme ask you this. Do you recycle ALL metals? Because that is far and away the most important pro-ecology act anyone can take.
The recycling of metals is hugely important because mining and ore processing are massively destructive. I recycle all metals. Because I actually do care and I actually want to help in a meaningful way.

I trust my physics professor who has worked with oceanography and meteorology his entire life and has ended up threatened with the sack multiple times for publishing research which contradicted his alarmist colleagues over in the marine science building. That's how your "consensus" about global warming was manufactured by the way, people being too afraid to contradict the politically and financially motivated status quo