YOU'RE GOING TO SAY TO ME "MR. PRESIDENT, WE CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! WE'RE WINNING TOO MUCH!"

YOU'RE GOING TO SAY TO ME "MR. PRESIDENT, WE CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! WE'RE WINNING TOO MUCH!"

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/CAT?p=CAT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

isnt this what led to the great depression? couldnt this be manipulated to ruin trump?

>A jew saying he is making too much money
What timeline is this?

this was planned for a long time
the one where jews cant hold onto stocks because they know they're gonna be shorted by goyim

Stop winning.

could you elaborate to someone who knows next to nothing about the stock market or why it exists?
I understand the idea of retail. Buying and selling. But what are stocks? I know how retarded that sounds.

listen to True Capitalist Radio bros
Sup Forums stands to make good money

Yes. And in fact several observers predicted this. The thing is, their tantrum will hurt themselves more than anyone else.

roughly
stocks are shares in a company
you're buying into what that company does
their value depends on how they do
the big thing I mentioned is shorting
you can bet that a stock will plummet and make money the more it plummets.
people who bet big time make millions, sometimes, if you short a stock and it goes positive, you can OWE millions

no. that was having 10x margins.
icahn's one of us, he was one of the few wall-street open-trumpers. he's just saying that the rally is burning hot. makes sense, especially when the small cap stocks, russell 2000, gained 40% in a month after his win

>oh no we're making too much money

Well supposedly interest rates will finally be increased tomorrow, first time in a year.

Trump isn't in office yet and we still have a month to see what happens with the economy. Plus, I'm sure anything Trump passes won't be enacted for months.

Stocks are literally part ownership in a company. As the company gets better, this part ownership becomes more valuable, therefore the price goes up, and vice-versa.

On occasion, dividends are paid by the company to the shareholders.

To believe it's the OWS Liberals who were celebrating Obama for the recovery of the stock market.

how can you owe money

sounds like someone lost a bet and is trying to get a refund

shorters lose money when stock rises. Guy obviously shorted down jones, wants it to collapse so he can cover at a lower price.

I'm glad I couldn't find the password for my grandma's account and couldn't sell stocks before the election.

So you have a company, you own it by owning all 100 of its stocks (this number varies from company to company).
People think your company might make some money.
Say, as sole owner, you take home a portion of the profits each year. That portion is 10%.

If other people wanted to have a portion of your company owned such that they could collect that dividend, they'd go to you and say "Hey, I wager your company is going to make $XX.XX in its total lifetime in dividends. How about I pay you a hundredth that now and you give me a stock"
If that amount sounds right to you (actual companies do a lot of research into this), then you sell them a stock that is done. They now own 1/100th of your company and you have been paid an upfront cost that, at the moment, represents a hundredth of the company's total dividend profits.

So, in essence, stock prices represent how much people think your company will make in profits in its total life time.

the way shorting works is a brokerage firm has a certain number of shares (lets say 1000). What you agree is you will take their 1000 shares now, and give them back 1000 shares at a later time plus some interest fee they charge you for doing it. If you get those 1000 shares now and sell them immediately you can give the 1000 shares back later for less money if the stock goes down. If the stock goes up you have to give back the shares at a loss. It's the opposite of "long" which is buying the stock with intent that it's price will increase and you will sell for more than you bought. It's literally gambling. The whole financial industry is built on gambling

Is this good or bad?

What does Donald Trump have to do with stock markets? The fucking media is so disingenuous.

But let's quarterback this for a sec:

>implication that Trump will collapse the global economy because MUH NUCLEAR CODES
>implying Clinton is not perpetuating suffering in the Middle East with bullshit alliances, keeping the global economy stabilized but not growing.

>You didn't bet on Trump
>You let your savings sit in the bank at 0.01% interest

That's what I've heard.
It will be easy to stop programs when he nullifies Obama's illegal EO's,
also doing things like starting the wall can begin day one as we already have a bush-era law that provides a provision to build it and following immigration law which is already enacted will allow deportations to begin. Remember, the only reason illegals are getting in was because Obama told border patrol and ice to stand down. All it will take for President Trump to start deportations is a simple order to border patrol and ICE.

when you short , and share price goes up, you owe the broker the difference

why would a stock make money if it plummets, isnt that counter-intuitive? I could see why you would want to buy in when the share is cheap and hold it until it gains value and then sell.
how would a stock plummeting help you at all unless you buy it cheap?

or do you mean value as in the precious metal sense? You're already scanning companies that have great projections but will hit some potholes along the way and the bigger pothole and crevices it hits the better opportunity to stike

jews are going to crash the stock market causing economic chaos and blame it on trump.

Trump has a large amount to do with the stock market. The stock market is built on speculation -- how the company will do in the future compared to today. Basically the market (investors) think that companys will do well under trump, so they're buying shares now anticipating them going up, which is driving the price up right now. It sounds like investors think trump is good for the economy, which is hilarious because by thinking that it's actually going to contribute to the economy doing well, as economies thrive under optimism

see
the canadian made a good example there

see

think Vegas , brokerages make a shit ton off people shorting stocks and losing their ass so they can afford to offer it

shorting is betting that the share price will go down, if it does you win, if the price goes up, the broker wins

>What does Donald Trump have to do with stock markets?

He's seen as pro-business so businesses are happy and optimistic about the US. It's construction companies that have benefited the most.

For example, November 9th Caterpillar's stock jumped about 9%

finance.yahoo.com/quote/CAT?p=CAT

not if yellen announces a rate hike which should be this month
this can be blamed on Obama
Trump winning caused the stocks to rise beyond their expectations and they cant control it
if they keep rising it can be bad for many companies if they try to take the market down while Trump is President

What I mean is why are they making it out to be a bad thing?

because MSM is fake news

holy shit. Now i know about shorting and almost wish i didnt
ancap-ball.jpg

unfortunately, the fed that has kept rates at nothing for 8 years with obama is going to raise rates twice in the next six months for trump.

fucking bastards

because soon the fed will raise interest rates and then things are gonna crash

They don't like him. He probably made them lose money as well. Election night had DOW futures were down 700+ when it looked like Trump would win. Many probably sold stocks and woke up to 300+ gain in the market.

so I can just go to a stock exchange site and start buying and selling? or do i need to create a company?

It will be great to see Liberals try to blame it on someone who isn't even in office yet while saying the Obama economy is strong.

I wonder if it will be another 0.25% increase.

you can set up a brokerage account with your bank if it's a big one. Otherwise you can sign up for QuestTrade. As for a shorter's account I'm not sure, go into your bank and say you want to set one up. Keep in mind you should do research before you start just buying and selling shit. Seriously though buy WEED STOCKS CGC or METTRUM (MT), we are BOOMING HERE IN WEEDLAND, NO JOKE

people could short many big companies if they get too high
not exactly
I'm a bit rusty but you need capital backing to invest in a big manner
I think the SEC changed rules as well to where you need 10,000 dollars readily available to do unlimited trades with certain brokers

you are completely wrong. the broker wins either way

YE, broker always wins. It's the schmoes who bought high and sold low who lose

easy to buy , make account at online stock trading site , deposit money , once your money is in account you can buy stocks

you usually need some proof of money to back shorting , like a good amount of cash sitting in your trading account

Ichan is right. There will be a major correction next year. I am bullish on gold.

That faggot is talking about options trading, which is far riskier than regular stock investing. Do not try it. You will lose your money.

then that's only half wrong

but seriously if you short, price goes down and difference overcomes whatever fees , how is that not winning?

yeah, I mean it sounds like a big scam, honestly. Not something I would readily gamble with
it sounds like the type of thing that leads people into investing 100's and millions of dollars in a company on some island somewhere and then hiring a mercs to destabilize country and tank the business

Fucking kek. Get Ally or something at get that 0.60% APY for checking. Or CapitalOne if you have over $100k to store but I'm guessing you don't judging by your comment.

almost nobody shorts stocks to win if the price goes down. They use shorting as hedging for positions they are long on, if their long positions do well, they lose on the short but win overall. If their long position goes drastically bad, their short covers loses they can't afford to make.

it can be
there are some self-made millionaires who manage hedge funds and short stocks with other peoples money
the stock market can be a scam, but its how capitalism works and the better thing is to fix the corruption, not get rid of the system.

>inb4 down switch activated on 01/20/2017.

yeah, id agree. It has its imperfections and needs much more respect than we give it. Its hard to decipher all the bs when half the politics fight against it and instead on focusing on achievement and perfection the focus on diversifying achievement