Aus/pol/

Ausfailia general. Wednesday evening edition.

Recession when? I'm predicting by this time next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/business/retail/payless-shoes-staff-latest-to-be-hit-in-retail-jobs-rout-as-chain-shuts-up-shop-20161214-gtaym1.html
costco.com.au/Common/ContactUs.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Eggmen meme is gay.

we're in a recession fucktard

No. Not yet.

Fuck Australia. Stop staining the beautiful Union Jack with your ugly flag.

>tfw fucking hot as shit

Just fuck my shit up senpai

Yet conservatards still think climate change is a hoax.

>recession
shit will hit the fan on Monday, do you really think the 0.5 decrease in GDP was a localized thing?

i predict that the dole bludgers will be blamed (remember the ACA episode on NEETs?), then shit will go haywire with Centrelink, then the blame will gradually move over to clusterfuck projects like the NBN (i predict labor will pull it's "we tried to prevent this years ago" shtick once again). when our credit rating gets downgraded expect shit to potentially go into a full recession.

on the upside, you probably won't have much more of Turnbull. his shit about Jobs & Growth has lead to this mess and i can't see him staying for long, even if he didn't directly cause it.

cunt fuck off australia has always been hot

Fuck off Dad, Australia can do what he wants.

Go drink some more Guinness like the alcoholic faggot you are.

Dog bless

You should be thankful that we're hanging on to our british history m8

Look what happend to Leaf, Poo in the loo & South Africa when they changed their flag

>shit will hit the fan on Monday,
What will happen on Monday?

>on the upside, you probably won't have much more of Turnbull
Yeah, and then we'll get Abbott who unorinically believes in the dole bludger meme.

*unironically

Thanks for the burger, #1 ally.

The thing that really rustles my jimmies about Australian politics, is that the Liberal Party has some genuinely good platform ideas. National identity, keeping out asylum seekers. But this is completely overshadowed by their cuckold attitude to 514 visas, their slavish devotion to the coal and mining industry and refusal to alter us from a primary producer to a manufacturing nation.

Labor has some genuinely good policies too. They have a bit more of a longer look at infrastructure concerns (muh nbn), with seemingly a "You can do it cheap, or do it right" attitude to nation building. But they are too fucking cucked by gender politics, gay marriage and white guilt.

Right wing Labor is best Labor. I miss Paul Keating. Even if he helped to propagate the failure that is multiculturalism under the impression that we shouldn't treat wogs like they're cunts.

Tell me your plan to make Australian manufacturing remotely competitive

>Libs = bucket of shit with a few gems
>Labour = bucket of shit with a few gems
>Greens = bucket of shit

Every year gets worse. I'm honestly worried for the future.

>What will happen on Monday?
the mid year economic and fiscal outlook, it'll tell us more about how our budget is going.

if it is at all bad, i'd say if it's even on par or worse than any MYEFO from 2004 to 2015, this government is going to get shafted so incredibly hard that we're going to have a decade of memes from it.

credit ratings agencies have already officially told our government that if anything is whack we're losing our AAA rating, and the government is both blaming everyone else and deflecting hardcore right now.

what i'm most looking forward to is the update on the NBN, because that "totally commercial standards loan" of like 19.5 billion dollars is NOT going to be coming back to the government and when everyone else finds out about that, it's going to be fun to watch the ABC. that's something like 60 billion they've spent on the NBN and it doesn't even fucking work.

oh and in general the pulling away of China is going to trigger everyone in canberra.

oh and the absolute clusterfuck that the ATO just pulled (they somehow lost 1 PB, yes, petabyte of data after both their storage system and their backup system all failed at once, which has never actually happened before with the type of storage they used, ever) is going to get a laugh when everyone finds out about it.

you have a choice between selling your soil for a budget surplus or getting some neat shit at the expense of your budget here, either way you're getting shafted. is this what the commies felt like?

>oh and the absolute clusterfuck that the ATO just pulled (they somehow lost 1 PB, yes, petabyte of data after both their storage system and their backup system all failed at once, which has never actually happened before with the type of storage they used, ever) is going to get a laugh when everyone finds out about it.

Heard about this today, what the absolute fuck.

Don't forget us, we used to have it on our flag as well.

People seem to forget about us being a British colony and all.

if you ask me it was some SJW who got hired there and tried to erase her HECS debt. i can't understand how a SAN can just fail out of the blue like that.

Yeah but like you're pretty much the only country to have been a british colony and not change it to a shit flag

America flag is OK at best, gets a little boring after seeing it alot.

Anyone know if doing a sparky apprenticeship with the army or navy or airforce is a good investment? What are pros and cons

I can, look at what happened with the census, our government might as well be fucking cavemen when it comes to dealing with or running anything technological.

yeah but that was a router that got fucked up and ignored for multiple hours IIRC, SANs are specifically designed to have gentle failures. a catastrophic failure like the one the ATO had (especially with it's backup system dropping dead at the same time) seems completely un-explainable unless you bring possible hostile intent into it.

>the mid year economic and fiscal outlook, it'll tell us more about how our budget is going.

But wasn't everyone saying that our budget isn't really a problem since debt to GDP is low?

Kek, we're fucked

You made it you dumb cunt

We kind of are already, in the sense that the meme that this is "good times" is a lie backed up by phony statistics and the lack of a real recovery from 2008. We're gonna have to cop a nasty crash on the chin for a few years and get past it, gotta die to go to heaven. Things may be better after that, but in the meantime imagine the great depression... except with almost nobody having a farm anymore, the same drug and welfare culture, facebook and technology, all the depression and gender confusion shit. Rough.

Don't forget their shit NBN plan which set us back another 50 fucking years. If you vote liberal you can get fucked.

baka.com.au/business/retail/payless-shoes-staff-latest-to-be-hit-in-retail-jobs-rout-as-chain-shuts-up-shop-20161214-gtaym1.html

First Dick Smith, then Masters and now Payless Shoes. Big W will fall next.

This country is fucked.

thank you big brother i love you

Pros
>get to have stable job with defence force
>learn a trade so you wont be fucked when you leave
>defence force

Cons
>We probably gon be in depression by the time you come out, from looking at other posts

baka is meant to be s m h obviously

deebly concerned.jpeg

head my warning goyim

how many Aussie Internets does it take to download a blueray?

dude the australian government is giving away money to every cunt left right and center and then using creative accounting to justify not doing anything about it. our economy is literally run on government pushed memes.

now that china is moving over to a service economy we're going to find ourselves without the endless supply of easy cash we had before, and since no cunt has actually bothered to save or even spend the money we were given wisely everything is currently riding on the ability of the australian government to pretend nothing is going wrong,

debt to GDP has nothing to do with this, simply because our debt to GDP is so heavily obfuscated and tweaked that it's bloody worthless as a metric for how our economy is going. have you seen our unemployment numbers? they "corrected" them by simply not counting people who aren't looking for work in that number, and counting you as completely employed if you do even a few hours of work every single week. same thing going on here.

all in all we're already fucked. most people just don't know it yet.

it would probably be quicker to just send a cargo container full of SD cards over to america on a plane and back than to download the same amount of data over a residential connection here. i'm pretty sure a few years ago some TV show here beat a standard Telstra ADSL connection by using a carrier pigeon.

your gay

Always remember that I love you too, Bruce.

You little rascal.

I could say the same about yours, except your country is my second favorite country so I would never really get entirely bored looking at your flag.

This...

I never understood with the falling Iron Ore price, along with falling coal prices, didnt put the idea in some cunts head that we should manufacture steel here while the comodity prices are shit at the moment.

Oh, thats right, cunts want $80 an hour to do fuck all and sit by a switchboard.

Thank you CFMEU.

Some of the cunts I have to deal with really need to read Milton Friedman and Thomas sowell.

>T. Underground Gold Miner

According to google the average blue ray size is 5.1GB and my speed for a decent torrent with plenty of seeds is about 510 - 580kbps so roughly 477 hours give or take. 19.8 days.

Thanks burgerbro, you're alright

When is the housing bubble going to crash lads? a house in my parents Street sold for 1.1 million and had 25 registered buyers who missed out. The same real estate agent has already asked them if they would be willing to sell and that they will get 1.3 million + - my parents have been battlers there whole life but I don't really see the point of selling the house when it's in such a good area. Thoughts?

Good lord do you live in Tamworth or something

I'm not sure it ever will. There's too much money and politics involved. I think prices will just plateau and remain out of reach for most people.

2017 probably, could even wait until 2018, guys like Peter Schiff have been predicting the global crash for a while, and central banks will go all in trying to stave it off

Taxes and regulations are too high all to pay for this stupid welfare state. Private sector is stagnating from this and just growing debt. Unions are raping the private sector also.

Libs can't cut taxes or regulations because they don't have the numbers and labor and the peasants will chimp out because government spending will need to be reduced.

It's the Joe Hockey budget scenario all over again.

Saved this beauty from the rag bin at work.

>Pic related

sent off my one nation membership form today lads

The shirt or the flag m8?

Good on you m8. Make sure you attend meetings and get involved.

>recession
so what should I do as a 32 year old forklift driver working casual jobs with 60k in the bank?

dont worry Sup Forums genuinely belives microparties will turn this stupid country around

Harvey Norman
Woolsworths/BigW
Idk take your pick retail is fucking dead in this country

Buy an investment property.

When it's realized that the houses aren't actually worth that much and way overvalued.

A recession would accelerate the downturn or possible crash, depending on what happens in the US economy.

spend 40k on a 2nd hand v8 then 20 on the dogs

AHAHHAHAAHHAAH

it'll either uncuck the libs or destroy us

#yolo

We'll we've got the second highest debt to GDP in the world, spent on creating a property bubble.

Theres lots of over indebted cunts out there.

If your parents want to sell I'd sell asap whilst prices are still retarded.

The fuck? I'll lose money on house price going down. The bubble will burst if recession time.

yay

Put it in gold and silver!!!!!!! Don't leave it in the bank please please

It's not dead it's just over saturated. They just made the mall near me heaps bigger. Most of the new shops are just wanky clothes shops. Fuck nose how they survive.

There's millions of shops all trying to sell us the same shit.

I can't see Woolworths falling 2bh. Supermarkets tend to survive.

But I can see stores like Big W, Myer and David Jones all collapsing within the next 12 to 24 months.

>house prices going down

LOL people actually think this will happen LOL.

My parents sold their 2nd home in 2000 for $300k, it sold for just over $900k in 2010. Now it's estimated value is over $1300k. My grandparents bought a house for $64k in 1985, it's estimated value just surpassed $2000k, they live in the most expensive suburb in Melbourne (per square meter). Melbourne/Sydney = housing will only keep going up, no matter what happens, the prices will continue to rise, pretty much forever.

That said, you could always build your own 3 story huge massive property 2 hours drive out from Melbourne for like $300-400k.

lol in my shithole town (coffs) all the shops have shut down and most of them are empty or just about to die.

Local malls are barren, the food is genuinely horrible all over town because people are cutting corners like mad and everything is expensive, you know just to drive what little amount of customers they had left away.
Nah i think woolies is done.

Investors will pull out and Aldi/Coles will take their shops over

>Big W
They don't even carry my size in clothes. Thank you Based Target for your Mr Big line.

Believe it or not I'm 10km out of the CBD in Melbourne. No NBN, at the ass end of my exchanges copper and not serviced by cable. Absolute bullshit.

i can't tell you exactly when it will happen or what will cause it, but i can give you a basic summary of what happened with the american mortgage crisis which started the whole global financial crisis:

>banks want money
>they figure out they can get money by securitizing mortgages
>basically they take your every day joe mortgage, group it up with a bunch of other mortgages like it, value them, then sell them off as securities which you can trade like stocks
>they do this for a while, it works quite well
>since houses are pretty solid assets with a pretty well defined value if you're doing it right this is seen as a great idea and everyone gets in on it
>but banks slowly figure out that the mortgages they securitize don't exactly have to be perfect
>i mean what's a little bargain bin shopping every now and then?
>the banks start going into the market of securitizing mortgages with less value, or ones that can't exactly be valued
>later on they even started handing out and securitizing mortgages to people who straight up did not prove that they could even pay the mortgages fees
>straight up people who are on benefits getting mortgages for 500k houses
>this started a runaway effect of where mortgages, and therefore houses were treated as immensely valuable, so people started to tailor to these mortgages, so the houses became even more valuable
>in the end there a good 20%+ of the american economy was dedicated to dealing with houses directly
>however because the banks needed to actually get people to buy these shit house mortgage securities, they lied out their ass, making incredibly complex securities that not even the CEOs of the major investment banks could understand
>everyone gobbled these up
>once the banks realized these were fundamentally invaluable, they tried to get them off their hands
>all of the other banks clued on, and also tried to do so
>nobody would trade
>Bear Stearns goes down and gets married to JPChase
>GFC begins

It's always been this hot at this time of year you fuckhead.

When it's 40C in July let me know.

Fuck Woolies anyway. They've been screwing over farmers and small businesses for decades so they're getting their just desserts.

Hopefully more chains like Lidl, Tesco, Wal Mart etc will open up here and knock them out for good.

only thing is all those american companies are terrible to work for and pay their workers jack shit.

I bet they built a whole heap of retail shops since 2000?

It was probably all built based on a demand that was never going to be there.

I think that's only in America though. Our unions and IR laws are much stronger than over there. Apparently Costco in Australia is quite good to their employees.

agreed, however most other supermarket chains screw over small businesses and farmers too

>DUDE WE'RE NOT IN A HOUSING BUBBLE! LOOK! HOUSING PRICES ARE HIGHER THEN THEY'VE EVER BEEN!

Yeah, that's what a bubble is, cunt. Definitely not a good sign for someone wanting to invest now, but a good sign for people who invested atleast 6 years ago

we have fucking Costco now?

>I bet they built a whole heap of retail shops since 2000?
Woolies/BigW?

Absolutely

They are fucked
thats good news
This.

IGA, Coles, Aldi and all the others are just as bad

It's been in Melbourne for a long time.

Adelaide got one last year I think

I know, but at least it will diminish the Colesworths duopoly.

Where the hell do you live? We've had it for years. There's like 3 stores in Sydney.

The thing is the bubble isn't going to burst.

The demand for property in Melbourne and Sydney is only going to continue growing as the population grows. More population = more competition for housing.

In 15-20 years time you will need to be millionaire to live anywhere near the city in Melbourne or Sydney.

what rock are you under?

Anyway their prices are shit on non bulk items like whitegoods, tv's that sorta shit and the sort of people that go there are the most upper middle bogan you can think of

Yeah there's a bunch. We now have 3 in Vic.

costco.com.au/Common/ContactUs.shtml

Lol SUUUUUUUUURE

t. boomer

The property market won't stop chugging upwards unless or rather until there is a banking crisis

Ah yes the Paul Keating years back when you were probably playing handball after school

The ADF is a complete fucking joke

The Costcos in Sydney are filled with Pakis, Maoris, Lebs and other assorted wogs. You hardly see a white person there.

>my mum and dad sold a house worth 300k
>it was later worth 900k
>apparently it's now worth 1300k

what, did the house put a new roof on itself, paint itself, and run a bunch of cabling through itself to raise it's own value?

no?

then that value is based on market appeal and it's going to collapse once people catch on to what is going down

gg do not pass go do not collect 200

>more population
sorry to tell you this senpai but at most sydney and melbourne are going to cap at 8 million, i can see sydney turning into a completely unlivable pile of shit due to it's city planning and populace.

you are basing your financial future on the bet that people are going to continue to want to live and spend insane amounts of money to live in sydney and melbourne, and that's probably not going to work out.

It is a bubble you poof it's just that government policy completely revolves around it to help keep it up.

That's why I vote for smaller parties. I want as disfunctional a government as possible to fuck it up.

i only went to the qld one

How did Woolworths fuck up so much anyway? They were doing quite well just 5 - 10 years ago.

Don't let your m8s see your forbidden love for the Murrican flag.

Else they'll think you're.. a Dahnald Drumpf supporter.

Th-thanks

hell just ask any american who has lived near niggers, a sudden influx of minorities is enough to completely wreck an area for decades.

>The thing is the bubble isn't going to burst.

So what's the deal? Are you trying to sell your over-valued property and are hoping you can shill the housing market to people on Sup Forums?

It won't go up if they can't get a job. Or if the only job they can get is a few hours at Coles.