Serious question for you guys

Serious question for you guys.

My family and I consider ourselves Christian. My father argues that republicans may CLAIM to be god-fearing people but then show no love or compassion for the poor or the elderly. He uses Trump as evidence of this, saying he only wishes to help himself and those around him, and probably just the white race. Basically, Jesus is love and republicans seem to show none of that with their passion for military and lack of compassion some people in society.

We refuse to accept extreme liberal ideas though, like acceptance of homosexuality, abortion, and whatnot.

So I guess I'm basically asking if there's any truth to that? Are republicans just hypocrites when it comes to actual compassion for their neighbor? What's a moderate christian family to do?

Would be nice to get a reply.

Or not, I guess.

Humans are not perfect and most republicans are basically trying to protect the faith.
Your other options are literal devil worshipers. There is no excuse to side with them.

I'm a jew. We CREATED structural racism and dogmatic homophobia,

Republicans are hypocrites, and Dems are against what you stand for. Third party sounds about right.

Are you Catholic or Protestant?

Sounds like massive you should bring these questions up in church, or with your pastor, or priest. . Not on fucking 4 chan. You plebius magnus

If he's against what he said, most likely Catholic. I have many friends who are protestant, and it seems that they are far more liberal leaning in general.

Fuck off shill

We show plenty of compassion for the poor and the elderly. What is compassionate about having the government confiscate wealth from people and redistribute it? That isn't fucking compassion it's terrorism. Look how well the liberal "compassion" has worked out for the Blacks or the Native Americans. It's garbage. It's fucked over millions of people and destroyed entire economies.

Our way is to let people keep their money and to encourage them to help each other personally. That is how you build a functional society, not by letting some bureaucrat in the Beltway steal a billion dollars from coal miners in Pennsylvania to bribe latinos into voting for him with gibs.

Jesus preached compassion and tolerance, but on a personal level. He did not tell politicians to raise taxes and ship the money off to other parts of the country.

Youre a shill. You have completely mischaracterized both republicans and christians leaving only one possibility. Your a fucking regressive alt-leftist shill.

Need proof see the picture op posted stare at it until you understand.

If you are a follower of christ, why believe in the state?

The whole idea animating the core of the Trump campaign is the idea of remembering the forgotten. Of making government work for the people that the coastal elites refer to as "flyover" when they're being generous enough to not just say "hick" just as hard as it works for everyone else. He won the heartland by offering them a fighting chance, and he promised the inner cities a new deal even though he knew he would never even come close to winning them. His two biggest policy priorities, immigration and trade, are both aimed at problems which low-income Americans of all races experience more harm from than anybody else.

Your dad is being kinda an ignorant ass desu senpai. You can question the efficacy of Trump's policy proposals if you'd like, but to characterize him, his ideas, and his supporters as lacking in compassion is extremely disingenuous.

Honestly though since you took the time to post, I'll give some serious feedback:
Many Christians find themselves in the same position, on one side or the other, asking themselves the same questions you are. Agree with or disagree it, it doesn't matter because that isn't the issue.
The issue is that you allowed yourselves to be demonized and portrayed as the bad guys, when generally you're not. We're not. But our elders paid their taxes, and put their faith in men. And this is what is gotten us.
Or something. Idk man I'm high

2deep4me

Crap, thought I was gonna get an interesting response from someone who shared my plight.

>posted stare at it until you understand.
Or you know. You could get to the point.

At least someone is making sense here. I get what you mean, that the compassion should be on a personal level. But I guess my father would argue are they compassionate at all when they know a good portion of the society they live in is struggling while a few prosper?

Culturally, Democrats are literally communists, the descendants of those that murdered 66 million Christians in Eastern Europe during the last century. Now that Republicans are purging the neoconservatives from the party (who will most likely remigrate back to the Dems), traditional, moral identity can be restored somewhat.

Now, I'm not the most religious person, but I believe that Christianity is inextricably part of our heritage and that it does a lot of good for a lot of people. My political enemies literally want to exterminate you. Come home, good Christian soldiers, and we'll crusade against the same enemies that you've removed in the past.

I wish I could read that.

Charity is an expression of love and compassion and generosity. Tax programs are not. It's is not an example of genorisity and compassion to force the taxes of other people to go towards something you want. It is not charity when it's other people's money and you are forcing them

Voluntary charity is what good christians do. Social tax programs are not christian in anyway.

Tell your Dad that Trump helping those other rich guys he knows - is what creates jobs for all those poor folk your Dad concerned about. Then say " whens the last time you got a job from a poor man?"