HUFFLEPUFF DISAVOWS FRIENDSHIP, THEIR HOUSE TRAIT

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

>The thought of speaking with you, just when maybe the anger has simmered somewhat, becomes more unsettling ― and enrages me further ― as each day’s news breaks.

>How could I continue a friendship with you knowing that you voted for rolling back my rights as a gay man – most of Trump’s cabinet choices are vehemently opposed to LGBT rights – and the rights of millions of women and people of color?

>I can’t fall back on the narrative of you being the downtrodden Rust Belter who is experiencing “economic anxiety” and feeling “left behind.” You ― like, in fact, the majority of Trump supporters ― fit none of that. You’re an educated white woman with college-educated children and you’ve gone from living in one 93 percent white, well-off enclave to another over the past 30 years.

>We were childhood friends and went our separate ways in adulthood. But we always kept in touch. We’d see each other at events, catch up on the phone now and then, wish one another “Happy Birthday,” and maybe have dinner on the off chance we were in the same city.

>I now realize I never really knew you.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/HoNC6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>In thinking back there were the hints, which surfaced over dinner, or in a chat on the phone, that perhaps you supported Republicans, or were unsatisfied with President Obama. (Certainly my politics, in my work as a journalist and commentator, are on full display, and some people are more guarded in my presence when it comes to discussing their own views.)

>Still, that certainly didn’t mean you’d support Trump. Many Republicans didn’t. You always seemed to care about human rights. You supported me through my own coming out as gay when I was young, and expressed support for marriage equality. You left me a message the day after the shooting massacre at the LGBT nightclub, Pulse, in Orlando last June ― the last time we had an exchange ― sending me your moral support, to which I responded with a thank you.

>That’s why this is all the more shocking. You’re too informed, too aware to just have blindly followed Trump. And my only conclusion is that the dark, ugly bigotry of this man was dismissed by you, tolerated by you. That’s unacceptable. You allowed for the legitimacy of white supremacists and a brutal misogyny we have never seen at this level of politics. Any conversation we would have would devolve into my saying things that would surely hurt you far more than simply breaking off or severely diminishing communications.

I only found out about your support for Trump after I went to your Facebook page a few days after the election. An exchange with someone else in a similar situation piqued my curiosity. I wouldn’t have in a million years thought you voted for Trump, but I just had to check.

>And there I saw it: the promotion of Trump propaganda by a charlatan who made viral videos rationalizing why it was important to vote for Trump despite his grotesque statements and beliefs. One of those videos made the case shortly after the release of the “Access Hollywood” tape, explaining that, yes, Trump is a “narcissist” and the tape is vile and gross, but that “we” have to use his narcissism to “our” advantage. Further down in your timeline there was another video from the same con-man promoting the bigger con-man. And there were a few other references showing your support for Trump.

>I thought about it for a while, and then decided to unfriend you. Then, days later, I blocked you. If you do reach out with a voice mail or a text, I will likely not return it. Some have said in the days since the election that they can’t believe people are ending friendships and family relationships over “politics.” They’d say that I’m being silly, petty, or overacting.

>But this election was and continues to be about so much more than “politics.” This is about values and respect. It’s about bigotry and hate. It’s about of millions of people’s rights being threatened, including my rights as a gay man and yours as a woman. It’s about putting our entire democracy in danger of transforming into an autocracy, and legitimizing and making alliances with our worst adversaries, whose goal is to dominate us.

>Others would say they understand the desire to cut off the friendship, but that it’s better to continue dialogue and educate. Perhaps, this thinking goes, you’ll see what’s happening as we move forward and then reach out for an understanding and maybe offer a mea culpa.

>I get that. But we are in a grave situation, with little time to spare. At this current moment, since you don’t see that we’re in a national emergency (to which you contributed), you may only be jarred if your comfortable life is affected – such as by losing one or more friends and being forced to reflect on the magnitude of what you’ve done.

>Beyond all that, as I said above, I realize I never really knew you. When it comes to the things that matter greatly to me, I’ve now learned we have very little in common. Words of support for me and concern for my well-being are superficial when you can’t be counted on when it really matters ― when rights are on the line. The election has brought that into sharp relief.

>So I’ll keep my ears open, but unless you experience a truly deep transformation, I’m simply being honest when I say we can no longer be friends.

Fags belong in camps

this is why americans don't talk about politics irl

friendship ended with HUFFPO,
now DRUMPF is my best friend

>Dear X
more spineless faggots and their fantasies

i wonder if they have "debates" with white supremacists while they're in the shower

lmao

oh its written by a gay, shame - I was almost able to relate as a human being

huffington post is full of thots

>Certainly my politics, in my work as a journalist and commentator, are on full display, and some people are more guarded in my presence when it comes to discussing their own views.

Maybe because you write hitpieces against your own best friends when they don't agree with you?

like I give a shit

archive.is/HoNC6

lel

You guys think this is bad? In the run-up to the 2015 election people here got divided not only stop talking to each other but families too.
Relatives would stop going to family gatherings (a big deal here) and at least 4 couples cited political differences as their causal for divorce.

Now everyone looks at that time with embarrassment.

>Arriana Cuckington on the board of directors for Uber
>Uber CEO signs on to assist Trump.

Hmmm...Really invigorates the thinkmeat

as far as I know it's definitely a liberal phenomenon too. I talk politics at every family gathering, it would be like a party with no alcohol otherwise.

You've been seeing a lot of this since the election from Democrats. You hardly see this at all from the Right when it loses. It is a classic hallmark of totalitarianism: subjection of family and friendship ties to total ideological uniformity. To oppose them isn't just to be another human being who thinks different. To oppose them is to make you evil incarnate and only those who possess a belief system that is "pure" is worthy of any modicum of respect.

I'll never stop grinning ear to ear while I read these retards' blog posts. 2016 is the best year ever

That's a new thought I hadn't had myself.

I mean, when I hear people say idiotic things, I don't stop being their friend, or even think less of them really.

Seriously. I despise political journalists. You have to be the smuggest of the smug to think you are somehow qualified to write articles trying to sway people politically because you believe you alone know how society should work

>Lefts are getting salty
I love it. Keep investing in arms reseller and manufactures. The left will finally catch up in arming themselves.

Lefties truly are hateful, evil lunatics

Kys Austria. You voted overwhelmingly for refugee cock and are no longer worth listening to. Hitler is rolling over in his grave right now knowing you faggots put VdB in office

tfw everyone at my company thinks I voted for Hillary and they all constantly trashtalk Trump and it would be social suicide for me to tell the truth

>queer voices

tldr

What is wrong with these people? Why are they taking it so fucking seriously? They just voted for a certain candidate. They did not rape them. Why do they make such a big deal out of it?

HUFFP00 BTFo'D XD

WTF I'M WITH HER NOW. ;-^)

I saved this comment. Thanks friendo

Yes and so? Better having a green cuck to blame for the next non reversable decade of shit then burning good future Führer. Learn politics sharter, catching a falling knife is not really smart

Those were good times. Very similar to what happened in burgerland with the left being mostly delusional hippies and welfare niggers whining "HE'S JUST LIKE HITLER"

I wish

All knives are falling.

k bye lol

I may be a fag but the author is being a little bitch.

they honestly believe their political crusades are the spearhead of the future and that anything that opposes their "vision" (read, the vision of the people who do their thinking for them) is ruining the future of humanity

Hardcore lefties isolating themselves, alienating the mainstream, retreating into their bubbles.

>Minnesota
MAH BRO!

These are the same extremely vocal people that pushed fake news and polls saying Trump would never win. These are the same SJWs that push their agenda on everyone. Asking politely for everyone to do the most stupid shit imaginable hasn't worked for them, so now they're using threats and violence.

Maple Nigger gets it. How does one cop with the time till the knives reach bottom? Alcohol and drugs?

Fatalism is pathetic man

This level of asspain is why I browse Sup Forums - the author is such a little bitch.

That's a neat constitutional reform

>Signorile

I listen to this faggot every day on the way to work on Sirius XM 127 just see how triggered he is.

He's the most insufferable, entitled, whiny piece of shit I've ever listened to and hearing him go into full on meltdowns over the littlest things is a guilty pleasure.

I'm reaching my limit.

This melodramatic, "poor me", I'm so oppressed narrative is a cancer in this country, and I'm starting to think it's a bigger problem than whatever Globalist agenda we have to fight off.

Seriously, when did cowardice become noble?

When did "literally shaking" become more popular than making sure you had a clean rifle should that day ever arrive?

Trump might make some political policies that help the country, but you can't legislate the fact that our country is overwhelmed with passive aggressive chicken shits who assume defeat first, and start demand their reparations pre-emptively.

I hate to sound like the right wing monster they accuse me of being, but I'm actually starting to think this rampant race baiting and vicious attacking needs to earn some blowback.

How about temporary fatalism? Could speed up the whole process

We've become a culture that celebrates weakness and demonizes strength.

We herald the victim as "strong," and "brave." We call them "empowered" and put them on a pedestal. Meanwhile, we deride the natural attributes of man, calling it "toxic masculinity." To be powerful is to be wrong. Being tough is looked down upon as brutish and uncivilized. If words don't offend you then you are part of the problem. The weak are celebrated and adorned with praise, while the strong are demonized and cast out of popular and social culture.

This is a problem that I don't see an easy solution to, but as long as our current cultural climate rewards weakness and punishes strength then we are lost.

these comics are always great

>my constitutional right to force you to bake a cake
wew

No you didn't know me. As I am not a screaming faggot, such as your self. I wouldn't want to know you. I have no interest in what a tiny privileged minority, desires.

So this gay literally refused to be friends with man, who supported this gay, who was his friend since childhood, just because this man had his own interests? You know, in Russia there's such a word - pidor. By default it means gay in rude form. But it also has second meaning - a really bad man. So this gay is fucking pidor in it's second meaning.