The Fed raised interest rates today because of course they did. They no longer have to protect Obama's shit economy

The Fed raised interest rates today because of course they did. They no longer have to protect Obama's shit economy.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2016/12/14/us-stocks-open-slightly-lower-as-fed-announcement-approaches.html
wsj.com/articles/unraveling-the-mystery-of-last-weeks-massive-e-mini-futures-trade-1481560990
archive.is/SXUn7
politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-hotel-general-services-administration-232620
youtube.com/watch?v=PHe0bXAIuk0
cnbc.com/2016/12/10/economist-harry-dent-says-dow-could-plunge-17000-points.html
youtube.com/watch?v=eMmdpP9SaAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They'll blame it on Trump too.

Of course they will. I expect them to raise it several more times in 2017

>Federal Reserve officials raised interest rates for the first time this year and forecast a steeper path for borrowing costs in 2017, saying inflation expectations have increased “considerably” and suggesting the labor market is tightening.

Oh really. By the way, this recent rally is was staged to justify the rate.

And of course Sup Forums would rather talk about nigger dicks than anything important.

Hi I'm a fucking idiot.

What does the Fed increasing or lowering the rates generally do to an economy?

Can't blame me for trying to get us back on track.

there is nothing more overrated than central banks. the economy largely doesnt give a fuck about its interest rate. im not saying its completely ineffective, but that it has a just very small effect.

Bump

The market anticipated this, it did not come as a surprise.
The fed also raised it a quarter percent in December 2015.

The conspiratorial part of me suspects that as soon as a steep correction happens under Trump (and it will, corrections come much more frequently than actual crashes) the media will blame it on a "failing Trump economy" rather than a decade of almost-zero lending rates.

The recent strong bump in market indexes, on Wednesday the 7th, were thought to be kickstarted by a single trader in the futures market. It could come down just as quickly.

l can't wait for these kikes to get audited

Downright hilarious how transparent these fucking kikes are. I hope these chucklefucks get hanged.

simple answer because I'm lazy: low rates means more money being invested rather than saved. Economy takes a hit without the liquidity provided by cheap money. Asset bubbles burst as everything can't be sustained. Essentially wealth has been replaced with numbers and paper.

Because their kikes manipulating the markets in favor of kikes from the (((wall street))) to make more shekels while goyim are going to work every day and pay taxes and watch their degenerate TV.

need to be put in concentration camps all of them desu

Lowering interest rates delays a recession and makes the coming recession worse.

Raising interest rates allows the recession to happen.

Where did you read about the futures trader? Did you look at any volume charts?

Here's a source.
cnbc.com/2016/12/14/us-stocks-open-slightly-lower-as-fed-announcement-approaches.html

>Raising rates because the economy is doing better, now that Obama is leaving
>Of course it has nothing to do with Trump
>This has nothing to do with our greed
>DOW goes up while everyone else suffers
Gee.

>interest rates can't go any lower

You doubt the power of the jew

wsj.com/articles/unraveling-the-mystery-of-last-weeks-massive-e-mini-futures-trade-1481560990

archive.is/SXUn7

Speaking of blaming Trump for everything, similarly to how racists blamed everything on Obama... (the man hasn't even been sworn in yet, jesus)

politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-hotel-general-services-administration-232620

Why are Dems so assblasted that they're trying to get him evicted? Are they aware of how fucking petty they've been, since their loss? There's a dire need for some leftist introspection here and I don't think it's gonna happen. They really think they're right for doing this, don't they?

lel

Honestly though, I wouldn't expect the fed to bring out negative rates. It would be too obvious an admission of the ponzi scheme. BOJ and ECB credibility isn't as important.

It was coming either way, but with Trump they may be even more cautious. Hillary was their ticket to re-consolidating global finance and wealth at the expense of the citizen.

What is there reason for doing this?

and don't talk anymore about an audit

youtube.com/watch?v=PHe0bXAIuk0

We'll you're forgetting the average person doesn't know shit about economics, much less how the Fed operates. Do you really think there will be some sort of mass uproar if the Fed starts experimenting with negative interest rates?

Not a massive uproar, but people with business and investing interests would take a lot of notice. Pretty much an admission of their failure, and would bring a lot of uncertainty. Definitely not as agreeable as unconventional methods such as QE.

>opps sorry goys, we HAVE to raise the interest rate to 10% on january 21st

>oh nooo, that sucks, the economy crashed

>TRUMP DID THIS WE TOLD YOU, YOU BETTAH LISTEN US NEXT TIME DIRTY GOYIM

So what should they do if both lowering and raising them causes recessions or makes them worse? Do nothing? How do they set it in the first place?

It was predicted by Sup Forums since Trump won. Strange that this thread doesn't have so many replies so here is a bump for you. World crisis has been triggered.

cnbc.com/2016/12/10/economist-harry-dent-says-dow-could-plunge-17000-points.html

Long term rates going up is good. Short term will some pain. I think it's assumed they kept it artificially low or none to prop up whatever keynesian communist bullshit they had going.

youtube.com/watch?v=eMmdpP9SaAo