I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop...

I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on Sup Forums anymore.

Here's how I did it.

>Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

>Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

>Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

>It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

>Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

>Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

indybay.org/uploads/2015/09/17/industrial_society_and_its_future.pdf
thehill.com/policy/technology/310321-trump-names-elon-musk-uber-ceo-to-advisory-team
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_occupation_of_the_Channel_Islands
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reading is the final redpill

good advice

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

>some faggot trying to put his own pussy on a pedestal because he learned his abc's
Faggot get out. If you just learned the value of books you have no business here

>reading stuff on old bits of tree is better than reading stuff on glorious sci-fi dystopic fibre optic internet hentai image board

>trump supporters
>reading
Pick one, all you need is to listen to what your leader says and you'll be great again, amirite?

I'm intrigued but what other benefits have you noticed? I barely watch TV anyway.

>every book is just some blue pilled hipster's shitty opinion

Yeah no thanks

You forgot to mention to buy a fucking kindle. I've read like 30 books since I bought mine. You can get any book you can think of with the click of a button.

This pasta is the only good post that /lit/ has ever produced.

Books are for idiots. You learn everything you need to know by watching movies anyway.

>“I had nearly five thousand volumes in my library at Rome; but after reading them over many times, I found out that with one hundred and fifty well–chosen books a man possesses, if not a complete summary of all human knowledge, at least all that a man need really know. I devoted three years of my life to reading and studying these one hundred and fifty volumes, till I knew them nearly by heart; so that since I have been in prison, a very slight effort of memory has enabled me to recall their contents as readily as though the pages were open before me. I could recite you the whole of Thucydides, Xenophon, Plutarch, Titus Livius, Tacitus, Strada, Jornandes, Dante, Montaigne, Shakespeare, Spinoza, Machiavelli, and Bossuet. I name only the most important.”

I have tackled so far, a great deal of Thucydides, Xenophon's Symposium, Some of Plutarch's Lives, of course Shakespeare, and Dante.

Just Thucydides and Plutarch alone will increase your understanding of the world ten-fold. There is power in the written word. Do not waste it reading fiction or summary. Go to the source.

>buy books, goyim
At the very least if you buy a book than scan it and make it available online for others.
Gas the copyright kikes, book war now.

Anyone here can't stand digital copies? I hate reading on a phone screen.

>MORE BUTT PICTURES

Reading is to the mind what lifting is to the muscles.

>Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.
yeaaaaah I can't really afford that m8

Most of us already read stuff on the internet. Dumb advice

Anyone pls respond Also is it beneficial to read stories or should I stick to reading about facts and sciences?

>stuff on the internet

Questionable value

>come to Sup Forums
>post random pic of ass
>tell Sup Forums how you don't post on Sup Forums anymore
>se long filibuster on reading while secretly fishing for (you)s and compliments on the ass picture.

>if it's in a book, it's a fact
haha oh god

I got a kindle paperwhite exactly to avoid having to waste money, and space. I've read more books (still not that many) on it than the physical ones I have, that just lie around waiting. It lasts for a long time, lets you pirate books, and has back-lighting that can go dim enough to read at night.

>Mexican intellectuals
I hear they're so well-read in Mexico, they can't retain all the knowledge. Their heads just pop right off!

>KNAAAWWWLEDGE
Pic related.

Well, phone is pretty bad. But try a kindle paperwhite or something (not trying to shill it, but it's the one I have and only e-reader I've seen that I could really recommend), the light is illuminating while staying pleasing, it lasts for a long time, the DPI is very high without actually shooting light in your face, you can read it in the sun or dark etc. I have a cover for it, so I open it up like a book, flip the cover front to the back it works great.

recommended books?
I really enjoyed musashi, thiefs journal, in stahlgewittern, book of 5 rings

farewell to arms sucked

anything for brain gains is acceptable too - philosophy etc.

Read what you degenerate scum?
50 shades of gray or another fucking postmodern bullshit written by somme communist jew?

This. French lit is based af.

>I really enjoyed musashi
the one by josjikawa?

ok rainman....

>reading is good
no shit
came here for the butt

And watching TV is.. ? Thanks for the (you), I guess I'll have to read a little to really understand.
The books they made us read in school(not the schoolbooks) didn't contain much knowledge. I suspect that developing a love for reading may unlock some hidden wisdom though.
Really hope I'm not getting trolled into some bluepilled bs desu.

The books you read in books in school are summaries of the history written by fags and approved by Jews.

The history of the world as you need to understand it will be completely concealed from you unless you go to Thucydides, Plutarch or Caesar.

yep

>>>
No money no problem use this
A LIBRARY is a collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or BORROWING.

if you haven't already try Taiko by josjikawa, imo even better. worth it regardless.

haven't found any of his other books translated...

indybay.org/uploads/2015/09/17/industrial_society_and_its_future.pdf

You can start by reading this you filthy degenerate

What do you think about Kafka?

>get the intelligent investor one day for no reason
>try to read through it but can't understand most of it
>read a bunch of other books on finance until i could gradually understand larger and larger portions of the intelligent investor
>do this over and over until i could understand the entire book
>read it once again a few months later to cement it in (i'm planning to pick it back up mid 2017 just to be sure)
>then move onto Securities Analysis
>read that 2 times so far
>move onto The Essays of Warren Buffett
>literally mfw

say what you want about buffett, but by god is he incredibly intelligent. once you read through the books i've listed above to the point of understanding everything you will get very angry at normal people trying to discuss finance

not only have i taken the financial redpill, i have taken it willingly, with deliberate purpose and intent. right now i'm in the process of reading through everything i can find on geopolitics and war.

i have become addicted to redpills. i think this is what hitler felt like.

>Buy the physical copies.
No. The library is much smarter financially. Most books only get read once.

>And watching TV is..
Like sitting down doing nothing

Want a medal?

*security analysis

(((personal echo chamber)))

this is lit copypasta

no, meditation is to the mind what lifting is to the muscles. - activities performed for their own sake to strengthen capacity.

reading is to the mind what work is to the muscles. - the practical application of that strengthened capacity.

thanks ted

>brainlets actually think that reading fiction makes you smarter

>needing to motivate yourself to read
If the books interesting you keep reading. Why all these "pro tips" on how to read a fucking book?

Atlas Shrugged should be required - it's idealist and Rand's a Jew, but a lot of the philosophy is fantastic.

physical copies are good if you plan on re-reading the book. also books sell for really cheap on ebay/amazon if you buy in an intelligent fashion.

I just got very good condition, modern hardcover editions of two classic books for 17 USD free shipping recently. shipping would have been at least 5 dollars and the list price for both was around 40 dollars.

>t. Sup Forums is serious reading material

"I suggest that you spend your free time studying the world of mathematics, geometry, and problem solving, for it it the Engineers who create tomorrow..." -George Lincoln Rockwell

It's worth reading even to just understand why so many despise it. There's nothing more valuable than multiple perspectives

jew books go in the fire...

I got used to audiobooks for the sake of my eyes. I like to read a whole book in one day once in a while though, like old times.

Pre-suation from Robert caildini I probably spelled his name wrong but its very interesting. Its about how little things around you can influence you in large ways

When did ants get on the moon?

>Stem meme

Only if they have imagination. Most are drones who do not.

you cant read them with your glasses off?

I think it's great - there are some elements that I definitely disagree with and her ideal needs a dash more authoritarianism to preserve moral value. With that said, it is an enriching book.

Damn. Le "I have to tell everybody I can read, as if it were something special" meme is one of the most hated things in the Russian segment of the Internet.
You're just reading books. Everybody does that. There is absolutely nothing special to it. And there is no need to teach others to read or tell your stories about how you prefer physical copies to pdf's, or how you feel when you buy another one and sniff on the pages. This does not make you look more sophisticated, only more retarded.
God, how I hate these hipsters.

I prefer audio books.

Gives me something to do in the car, or when working out, or when just browsing Sup Forums.

Think about all the youtube videos a person might watch, that really amount to just pseudo video blogging. Almost all Let's Plays are like this.

Imagine instead of listening to some guy ramble about his inane life, you listen to an autobiography of someone who actually did things.

problem solving is imagination,,,,practical fucking imagination...the kind of imagination that you can change the univere..

make the Universe great again!

thehill.com/policy/technology/310321-trump-names-elon-musk-uber-ceo-to-advisory-team

>reading books makes you better than other people
Do you not know fucking easy it is to read? I bet you were the fag in elementary school who read giant books and acted like a fucking genius

>jew books go in the fire...

Most of those book burnings were Masonic lodge libraries. Uncle Adolphe knew that not all nation wreckers are Jews.

>americans
Do you even know why reading used to be such a big deal?

ah mother russia, our Russo friends from across the pond...

fuck your Jewish Bolshevik past bull shit and may putin lead for a thousand years...

Nah my point being if you actually read a lot it's not really to buy books instead of ebooks and library.
Only point in buying books is to put them on your shelves to look smart.

>Everybody does that.

the masonics lodges are the Jews....that is a Anglo-Jewish institution...Hitler was scared shittles of the Masons, on the islands he actually took from the British, he sent ss to immediately destroy all the masonic lodges...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_occupation_of_the_Channel_Islands

T H I C C

>once you read through the books i've listed above
What books did you read in order to understand Intelligent Investor?

>frequently top classes while reading approximately 0 books per year outside my textbooks
I feel sorry for the low IQ memesters who get a confidence boost from being able to say they read more books than average desu

where is the measurable impact in their lives?

GO
BACK
TO
REDDIT
YOU
FUCKING
NIGGER

Yes.
Some read more books over a specified period of time than others, some are gender studies students and only read fiction, some don't have time for fiction and only read books related to their occupation, even complete hillbillies need to read books to do their job effectively, some of them also read fiction when they have nothing to do. Everybody who can read reads books.

I read 10 pages
What the fuck is that

I love Kafka
Op just started reading, hes just a kid mentally
>Implying he would be capable of understanding Kafka

>German
>Not suggesting to read Mein Kampf
What kind of a Kraut are you?

here is a (you)
and shitty OC im pretty sure has done already

Why read books when you can read research journals?

Books are no longer red pilled, they are obsolete as the data density, to truth is way too low.

Research journals have a much better ratio, plus they use new age scientific methods, machines and tools to measure reality in a better way.

Why would you like to stay with something so old and inferior?

The further you are away from raw scientific data, the closer you are to endless word spinach that is tied to anecdotal evidence, and the endless mental bullshit scripts that go in spirals around them.

I buy book only when i can't wait for them to get to the library or when i want support author

Fuck off! If monkeys can afford books, so can you.

While I enjoy the feeling of a physical book in my hand ebooks make it a lot easier to find the more )))esoteric((( publications, that would cause (((questions))) on your bookshelf.
You can find boards on a neverending chan dedicated to sharing them by searching for "pdf".
also bookzz.org

>Gas the copyright kikes, book war now.
ayyyy

>Everybody who can read reads books.

eh! not so fast user whom is going too fast. slow down until you actually know why you are speeding. you know nothing!

I read only the classical ones in pic related
Have you read the supplemental books, and if so, would you recommend?

>not knowing based Ted

step up your game, hue

I read the illiad and all I remember is that they describe who everyone's father's father is and that the gods are always up to some scheming shit

literally 0 value in my life

It seems as if a Sup Forums user wrote that
Am I correct?
Also the paragraph format is autistic so it would surprise me

Mfw no one took this shitty bait.

Google Ted Kaczynski

Wrong. Trump is creating tomorrow and he's no engineer. He's a shit bug.

>Not theatre

The Jews fucking killed it with the American musical and film.

>they describe who everyone's father's father is and that the gods are always up to some scheming shit

Yeah and we're obsessed with cucks and jews.

If youre that dense you would be right
No great work of art will ever make a single difference for you, youre better off watching family guy and getting your smarts out of ww2 movies

I've never met a single person in my life that never read books. Even the fucking homeless do that.

what did you read to work up to intelligent investor?

>It seems as if a Sup Forums user wrote that
How could this be... ?

I would absolutely recommend even if I cant be sure on the impact the had since there was a big difference in my grasp of english between my first and second (with the supplements) read through them.

I worked with a Russian lady for a while, she was smarter than most people I've met. Now you reminded me of what she said, that Russians read a fucking lot.
Does it have to do with long winters?

I read the whole wikipedia article
Absolutely based
Ill read the rest of the manifest
I had previously seen his face on Sup Forums but never bothered researching him
>people also search for: the zodiac killer