The Ridiculousness of Christianity

Many of us Westerners are areligious. We just weren't raised with a religion.

However, this state of affairs does nothing to change the spiritual needs of Man. As we know, the default religion for most of us is Christianity. That's the spiritual elephant in the room.

And what a disappointing elephant it is.

How many of you actually believe in miracles? How many of you have turned against your mother and father and give away all of our possessions to the poor? If you don't do these things then how can you call yourself a Christian?

Monks and nuns, great. Power to them.

But if you're a typical person working a normal job and making a way in the world, how can you claim to be a Christian?

In my opinion it's idiocy. Gnosticism is great, but only because it deliberately seems to make Christ an abstract philosophical concept. It has to skirt around the inane doctrines Jesus preached in the Gospels.

I firmly believe that God exists. I don't see how you can deny it.

But as far as Christ, his life and teachings are concerned...

That's different.

I suppose then my attitude is that I don't believe Jesus was "the Son of God, one in essence with God but retaining a distinct personhood." And I see literally no reason why anyone else should think otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniconism_in_Islam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Zoroastrians
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never going there again. Banned for questioning the Holocaust.

Right Wing politics are concerned with the long-term survival of Civilization

Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife for which no evidence exists, and for which this world needs to be sacrificed, which is best expressed in the way early christians like Martin of Tours refused to fight enemies of their nations, insofar killing in this world could cost them heaven

When Jesus says "if they take your coat, let them have your shirt as well", "do not resist evil", "I have come to turn a man against his own household", "if you don't hate your self and your own family you can't follow me", "love your enemies, pray for your persecutors", "the meek will inherit the Earth", "those that wanna die will live", "blessed are those the persecuted, for they will be my Kingdom", "do not save treasures for tomorrow", "carry your cross so that you can receive eternal reward", "Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven", "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye than for the rich to enter Heaven", "Woe to you who are well fed, Woe to you who laugh, for you will mourn and weep"...

... he is not kidding, or meaning the opposite, but actually setting down a morality where the world is a lie and only the afterlife is the real deal, so destroying your life in this world, "carrying your cross" as he says, is completely logical

Sup Forums "christians" seem to believe Jesus actually meant the OPPOSITE of all that, and that Jesus wants you to defend your family, that Jesus wants you to kill your enemies, to become prosperous, well-fed and rich in this world, and to avoid persecution and death!

Only a person that does not actually believe in the Heaven for the persecuted, the meek, and the martyred would actually re-interpret Christianity as a cult of earthly power which declares "the strong shall inherit the Earth", "my kingdom is of this world" and "you must destroy the enemies of your nation"

Only some one that just wanna use Christianity as an empty shell devoid of any true religious promises would claim that Paul and Peter misinterpreted Jesus when they submitted to their enemies and died to them while praying for them, instead of fighting the romans back and establishing a crusader kingdom, thing that one would expect them to do if Jesus meant "be a fighter and impose your will on your enemies" when he said "love your enemies and lend all they need to them without expecting anything in return"

But using Christianity as a shell devoid of any religious promises simply allows its poisonous morality to survive into the next generation.

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "I didn't come to bring peace", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing what Jesus wanted is for them to put christian morality above the good-being of their own families.

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "Buy a sword", but you can't stop them from reading the next chapter and realizing that Jesus stopped Peter from using the sword to fight and defeat the romans, and reprimanded him for misunderstanding, all while asking him to carry his own cross (Peter, fully realizing that Jesus meant all the stuff about embracing death and his kingdom was not of this world, that angelic chariots were not going to slay his enemies and bring him victory, realized he was doomed, and would then deny Jesus 3 times)

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because ""Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing that Jesus was asking them, not to destroy their enemies, but to not put in risk their own moral position by criticizing others. You may want them to believe that Jesus, in the middle of a speech about not judging other people and sharing, suddenly decided that speak against the muslims that didn't even exist back then!

That is not going to fly.

Sooner or later, your "strict catholic crusader" state will be reformed into liberalism, because the Gospel will still exist, because your children, like Peter, will realize that Jesus meant it when he said "you are to be persecuted and martyred for me", that Jesus didn't say "you will live in a stable and powerful civilization, free of oppresion and death, thanks to me".

>depicts the devil firing ideas like individualism, progress and equality at a roman soldier, with the roman deflecting them

You really don't understand a fucking thing about the Romans.

Those words are in quotes, eternal Anglo.

Oh look it's the butthurt panamanian fedora with the copypasta.

Spot on m8.

butthurt about what?

no christian has yet being able to prove me that Jesus meant the opposite of what he said and that everyone from Paul to Martin of Tours was wrong

Oh look. The same nonwhite atheishit that gets triggered by Christianity and makes the same bullshit arguments about it being a cuck religion

> Jesus didn't mean anything he meant to say: the post

damn, poor Paul, he was supposed to yell DEUS VULT and destroy the dirty romans instead of being decapitated

Why didn't Jesus add a special chapter to the Gospel about how all his words were figurative, except the ones that you have randomly chosen as valid?

But this analysis of this one single passage fails to take into account the core message of what Jesus is preaching. Given the fact that everything in this world is part of God's creation, our "enemies" are as well. We love our enemies because to love them is to love God; to hate our enemies is to hate God. How could Christ tell us to hate God's servants that are equally part of his Creation?

I think it's ridiculous to see people saying Christ wants people to fight back.

I find my own hapiness and spritual fulfillment with money.
Money is power in the modern world, it gives me the ability to protect and provide, I find that the goal of becoming wealthy so that I can take care or my parents at an old age and provide for my family is enough to keep me happy. Sounds silly and materialistic, but society is materialistic, we can't change that, but we can make the best out of it. If anything would make you happy in the modern world it would be a close knit family.

I agree that that's happiness but I don't see how it's spiritual. If you just deleted the concept of spiritual fulfillment from your post nothing would be different.

I mean REALLY, he could have saved the life of Paul and thousands of other christian martyrs all the way to the year 300

why didn't Peter, which spend so much time explaining the Gospel, read it in the bizarre way you do?

why didn't explain it clearly in his own terms the strange interpretation that you did, that literally says "Jesus didn't say anything, everything was a reference to obscure events I pulled out of my ass"? why did he go the mortifycation of the flesh route, and called the world his enemy?

Why did he die to his enemies, if he was supposed to defend himself all along, to fight sword to sword, teeth for teeth, eye for eye?

Dumbasses like you don't know what love actually is. Love isn't accepting everything that a person does. If an evil person does something evil, they must be punished for their evil deed, but that does not mean we hate them.

When your parents spanked you as a kid, did you really think they didn't love you anymore?

I mean really, only a person that does not actually believe in the eternal blessings of Heaven would try to justify fighting for possessions in this world by twisting the Gospel so badly

>. Given the fact that everything in this world is part of God's creation, our "enemies" are as well. We love our enemies because to love them is to love God; to hate our enemies is to hate God. How could Christ tell us to hate God's servants that are equally part of his Creation?
I'm not Christian but that's blatant heretical nonsense. By that logic Christians should love sin as well, since it's a part of the world and therefore a part of God.

Christians corrupted the very meaning of Love

In the Greek-Roman world, eros meant "common feeling of mutual interest born out of shared experiences"

yet Christians expect us to love people we don't know, that we don't care about, just so that we can fill ourselves with misguided pride about how we are friends of mankind itself!

and they twist this meaning so much, that here they want us to believe that the Crusaders loved every single damn person that they slaughtered in Constantinople

Because, according to Sup Forums christians, Love is not about shared interest, it is about telling to yourself "how I love that guy" right before cutting his head off

Depends on what you think sin is. If you hold sin to be the lack of good, then it's not even a thing to be loved, but a state of the absence of good, which is your own failing and not attributable to God.

Islam is more warlike and the correct answer to European degeneracy.

/pol is stubborn however.

bnp

I am killing it with the doubles, noice

Islam is waaay too autistic, like all desert religions

>Islam is waaay too autistic
Please clarify.

if they had their way, abrahamic religions would have made it so there are no pre-abrahamic temples of antiquities left, they are an enemy of civilization, of history itself

What ISIS is doing in Palmyra is exactly what true Islam demands

bump for this discussion

>What ISIS is doing in Palmyra is exactly what true Islam demands
Source?

It seems like Islamic aesthetic is a combination of Persian and Byzantium influences. When Islam takes over a holy, cultural site, the tendency is to assimilate it not destroy it. The impulse is not first to destroy. See Islamic Golden Age.

>OP's pic depicts modernism as the devil
>literally uses a modernist technique in persuasive argument to lure you away from christianity
wow OP really made me think!

see:

Islam has its own culture-destructive ways, and one has to wonder if why should not humanity try to get rid of abrahamism altogether

I have witnessed for myself the power of kek, thus, God. I know it to be truth.

"The Quran, the Islamic holy book, does not explicitly prohibit the depiction of human figures; it merely condemns idolatry."

Also, if ISIS represents true Islam, then why did it take 1400 years for a 'true Muslim' to deface Palmyra?

>nonwhite

Christian is a non white religion

>the tendency is to assimilate it not destroy it

>When Islam takes over a holy, cultural site, the tendency is to assimilate it not destroy it

I worship Satan, who stands for skepticism, counter culture, fighting instead of turning the other cheek, and using any means necessary to achieve a goal, having a hard heart, having pride in yourself and those like you, and corrupting and destroying those that stand against you

Pol is a lot more in line with satanism (but not the silly literally worshipping a fictional character type) then they ever did Christianity

It embraces the best parts of our culture as white folk and casts aside the worst parts

Take the horned pill pol

This is superior method of conquest. Christian did it too, to a lesser extent. They were more destructive converting Pagans.

See

by that logic, you can just label anything you want as an "absence of good"

The fucking mental gymnastics you people pull off to keep your head from exploding from cognitive dissonance is fucking hilarious.

because Palmyra has been an isolated city no body ever cared about

Islamic destruction of cultural heritage was far more widespread in heavily populated Persia

> Zoroastrian places of worship were desecrated, shrines were destroyed and mosques built in their place. Many libraries were burned and much cultural heritage was lost. Gradually there were increased number of laws regulating Zoroastrian behavior, limiting their ability to participate in society. Over time, the persecution of Zoroastrians became more common and widespread, and the number of believers decreased by force significantly.

Faith in western religion only offers a defence against corruption there is no path to enlightenment. Go do some hard psychedelics and mediate for a bit. And awaken a chakra or 2.

Instead of faith you will be given the tools to condition yourself into anything

I don't think you understand how conquest works. You seem to be suggesting that once you defeat a people in war you should roll over and be cucked by their cultural authorities?

a religion of conquest is useless in a nuclear age

abrahamism only offers extremes

>these cucks worship dead kike on a stick
>could worship black cock instead

When was the last time Jesus came on your wife's face??? I'll wait, fascist.

Repent and believe or the LORD will rejoice in your iniquities and the iniquities of your people.

The religion of the future will be rooted in the psychedelic experience. A return to direct communion with the otherworldly and the unexplainable. That sort of event is the only thing that can shock our jaded generation out of bitter atheism.

>a religion of conquest is useless in a nuclear age
This nuclear age has resulted in a stalemate with sporadic proxy wars around the globe. Fighting is still important, especially to keep the spirit of people strong.

Besides, the warlike aspect of Islam translates well to subverting cultures especially the West towards it's ends. It is combative, even if not physically so. This shows fitness.

your dihotomy is not a dichotomy at all

if you worship the dead kike on a stick you worship black cock

>How many of you actually believe in miracles? How many of you have turned against your mother and father and give away all of our possessions to the poor? If you don't do these things then how can you call yourself a Christian?
Miracles only seem strange because they are out of the ordinary. And they need to be that way, or else they wouldn't serve their purpose. As for giving away your possessions and following Jesus, that isn't possible for us. Some people take it to mean something symbolically for us now, and we should love God more than our stuff, but God supports private property in his law. If Jesus comes back in my life and asks me to give up my money and follow him, I'll do it. The mother and father thing is indeed odd, seeing as how he makes it clear you must not hate your brother, etc, and so he must have said it to get the less motivated ones to go home because he had too many followers. (This is what the story indicates, so it's not far-fetched.)

>But if you're a typical person working a normal job and making a way in the world, how can you claim to be a Christian?
This is quite easy or quite hard, depending on how you look at it. It's easy because it's entirely within your power, unlike say, getting into the major leagues. It's hard because humans have a tendency to rebel against God and do things in their own personal vision instead. In fact, that's kindof what you're doing in your post. Ignore God and substitute him with a vision of your own making.

/r/atheism is that way buddy

This desu. Psychedelics are great at removing conditioning. In this day and age where we are bombarded with so much shit the next golden age is going to be brought in with psychedelics

>Incubus castes magic missile!
>Legionary blocks with tower shield of magical protection +2!
>The spell has no effect!

Fallacy of false dichotomy or false dilemma. Are you saying that I have to give all my things away or I can't be a Christian? That it is one or the other?

You too, huh?

Ultimately, I think people (on this board especially) pay too much mind toward religion. Atheists, Pagans, Christians, whatever all act like their way of belief is best for the white race, without realizing that it's the white race itself, not any one religion, that propells us to greatness. All the wonders we've done would've been completed just the same no matter what creed we followed. I say just let people worship whatever they want to worship, as long as they're white, they're alright.

Nice pic.
>A soldier is preparing to kill a member of a culturally advanced nation, after being programmed to ignore him and see him as a demon by wartime propaganda.
A good depiction of tradition, lad.

You are just stupid. You just don't know how this Jesus stuff works.

>uses white race meme
>says 'All the wonders we've done would've been completed just the same no matter what creed we followed.'
>relativist
>American

Why am I not surprised.

What if we were all Satanists? Would that trigger you?