Think of the top 5 countries you would *WANT* to live in and place them on this map. I bet none are Libertarian

Think of the top 5 countries you would *WANT* to live in and place them on this map. I bet none are Libertarian.

Think of the bottom 5 countries and I bet they are authoritarian or libertarian.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/switzerland-votes-in-favour-of-more-government-surveillance-amid-fear-or-terror-attacks-a7329751.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow really made my noodle tingle

The silence in this thread makes me think it's the easiest checkmate in history.

Switzerland, you commie piece of shit.

What's your claim about Switzerland?

Want to live in and libertarian.

>Top 5
Nazi Germany: Extreme Authoritarian.
Imperial Rome: Extreme Authoritarian.
Imperial Prussia: Extreme Authoritarian
Cossack Sich Circa 17th Century: Fairly Libertarian
Early United States: Fairly Libertarian

>Bottom 5
Modern Sweden: Centrist
Modern United States: Centrist
Modern Britain: Centrist
The People's Republic of China: Extreme Authoritarian
The Soviet Union: Extreme Authoritarian

Well you're right about one thing, there are like single-digit Libertarian societies in the history of the world, but the only two I could think if, I wished I lived in.

Centrism is pretty gay though, didn't come up once positively. Was that what your stupid thought experiment was supposed to prove?

Don't they have Obamacare styled healthcare?

the definitions of authoritarian and libertarian are sometimes hard to define.

for instance, i am a strong believe in private property rights, which includes the right to exclude whoever you wish. if i am allowed to exclude blacks or gays, is that libertarian or authoritarian? to me it is clearly a libertarian position, but i think a lot of people (including the political compass) would call it authoritarian

You can't compare European and American Healthcare system. All of the Europeans are public funded. Hopefully this is one of the things that changes when it comes to the inevitable fall of Europe.

What's the difference between public funding through taxes and government enforced mandatory spending. Isn't it just semantics.

That you are an isolated retard.

It is, but what I am trying to say is, you can't compare the European understanding of Libertarianism to the US understanding. Switzerland is quite libertarian, despite the public healthcare system. Public funded healthcare just is the norm in europe, much to my dismay.

>not mentioning Pinochet Chile
dropped (out of a helicopter)

So what is the European understanding of Libertarianism?

Pretty much the same as in the US, but having public funded healthcare is seen as non negotiable and rooted in every government.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/switzerland-votes-in-favour-of-more-government-surveillance-amid-fear-or-terror-attacks-a7329751.html

The people voted. Exactly. Ever heard of an election asking the people in Germany whether they wanna take in millions of shitskins or not?

Doesn't Switzerland also have the draft?

Kinda seems like I just casually disproved your thesis, and you're mad.

That's alright though. Being wrong is something you're probably used to be now. I like that you worded this SO carefully to try and make your case, and literally nobody agrees with you. Now you're arguing semantics of libertarianism with a German.

And you say I'm isolated? You've BTFO'd yourself. Literally nobody agrees with you.

Ahhh ... Maybe relative to Germany, but not in an absolute sense. I think I am understanding you now.

It also has US styled legal gun ownership. For a country located in Europe it is incredibly libertarian.

Yeah, that is what i meant. Honestly, in these times everthing that isn't a commie shithole like Germany starts looking like paradise.

Not really ... The German is sincere and I am really curious. You on the other hand are a dipshit troll I've already spent too much time talking to.

Then there are no European libertarians if they all believe in public healthcare.

They are European libertarians. This is the closest we can get.