What would the consequences be both economically and socially if all pirating online was stopped?

What would the consequences be both economically and socially if all pirating online was stopped?

Talking no more torrents and harsh fines for any and all who downloaded/uploaded content they didn't create

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/#q=layoffs record labels
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

more money for the hollyjew and RIAA.

dystopian cyberpunk future for torrenters.

I don't agree. I sure as hell am not holding back money for "All White Men Must Die Part Nine" because of pirating. I buy meatspace books all the time, if they're good, if I want to support the author, and if I want to give them as gifts or distribute them.

Who is that?

>tfw i auto downloaded someones entire 2000 mix youtube channel yesterday
>tfw afterwards took the 3 dozen or so that were banned in the US and ran thru proxy to download anyway
feels good m8

Piracy websites and torrenting don't make that much of a difference. The internet in general has a bigger impact - because there will always be "piracy", music producers have accepted there being music on Youtube and elsewhere and they simply will not be able to extort customers as they used to. The same is happening to games and movies/TV.

>I sure as hell am not holding back money for "All White Men Must Die Part Nine" because of pirating.
Irrelevant. When the normalfags can no longer get shit for free, if they want that shit badly enough, they will pay for it instead. This inevitably applies to movies and such being that movies are the most torrented files. Therefore the hollyjew gets more money as a result. The rest of us would simply join private trackers and get torrents through things like tor or freenet.
You remind me of this idiot I used to know named "adam" who delusionally believed everyone thought as he does and that thus explaining his thoughts constituted an argument.

Ellen paige

This. The bullshit that piracy is losing them money needs to stop, there is no proof piracy is linked with sales, in fact it might be the exact opposite. If I wouldn't be able to download everything I want the only loser would be me, because I wouldn't spend money on %90 of what I download anyway, so you can't count that as a lost sale if there was no money to begin with. A lot of times if I pirate a movie/game/album and really like it, end up buying it so I would have either a physical copy or want to support the creators.

I think if all pirating online stopped then people might lose interest in a lot of these things. We pirate because we can not because we can't live without movies or video games. I say it would be a big crash in the entertainment industry.

Piracy is stealing and literal nigger behavior. You're not white if you pirate copyright material.

>duplicating a series of 1s and 0s from one source to another without affecting the original
>stealing

>paying for the digital jew

nice try

Weeb revolt/beta uprising, I'd guess.

>What would the consequences be both economically and socially if all pirating online was stopped?

The amount of jew-created media that actually gets consumed would halve over night.

You guys.....we have to stop piracy.

That's something a Jew would say.

So if I walk into Best Buy and decide the TVs there aren't worth paying for and I don't want to give the manufacturer or Best Buy money, I should just take it? That's literally what piracy is, there is no justification.

i would stop playing video games or watching movies to avoid giving money to jews

Piracy helps out unknown studios since they can use the internet as a channel to reach people they otherwise wouldn't. It doesn't help the Billboard Top 100 and marketed products since everyone already knows about them, and they were looking to convert the publicity into sales now.

Some record labels almost went bankrupt

google.com/#q=layoffs record labels

Those thighs

no, piracy would be going to best buy to watch the TVs when you want to watch tv and then leave

probably be a lot less revenue for the companies whose goods are pirated. A lot of people try before they buy.

Come up with an actual argument instead of twisting words or fuck off.

you claimed it would be akin to stealing the TV, yet the people selling the TV are still going to be getting the money for the TV from the eventual sale they would have gotten anyway.

The land down under would be completely fucked.
Australia has one of the highest piracy rate in the world because the only way you can watch things is on tv and only when it's broadcasted, you have no way of watching most stuff on demand so people pirate everything, i don't know if people would get more cable tv or stop watching shit but i personaly would do the latter.

lily collins

The entire "intellectual property" and "anti-piracy" meme is nothing but a way to FORCE the market to spend more money so that money can be taxed. It's actually market intervention and is providing a false promise that the government will always be able to protect their """"""property"""""" and guarantee their profitability even if the internet is ever-evolving and is becoming increasingly difficult to do so. Moreover, there comes a point where those companies have to extend globally to stay relevant, except the government is incapable of enforcing that bullshit overseas.

Additionally, the entire reasoning behind "that company possesses that combination of bits and if you don't pay them you're legally forbidden from arranging them in the same sequence on your harddisk!" is absolutely retarded and illogical, and the sole reason that people buy into it and somehow feel bad for doing it is because they have been memed into feeling that way. The more that shit is pushed, the more the IT sector becomes dependent on it and doesn't develop their own means to protect their own software, which will pop at some time and cause it to collapse on itself. It's one of the worst cases of market intervention in a free market economy and is creating a bubble that is too large to fail (the IT sector is the biggest sector in the EU, even after the Financials), and when it actually does, it will bring the entire economy with it

I doubt that it would stop the price inflation of most products.

those fucking legs HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

no that's just a simple fact

stealing is not the same as copying . that's why it's called copyright infringement

>that jiggle when she slaps her thigh

I have no idea what your wrote in your post, but damn OP, you earned this (You)

she's cute, but no match for my waifu

>fake blonde mrs skeltal

shit taste

It would go to major labels. It would also probably make it harder for indie bands to break through, since a lot of them get exposure through the internet and file sharing.
Most notably, though, I think it would give a huge boost to streaming sites like Spotify. Would-be pirates would mostly probably just rely on those.

sorry i'm not into nigger asses, eurospic

>dancing like a negress
dropped

10/10 taste

Wow this is very disturbing. Gave me goosebumps

They could probably already (if they wanted to) use the last 10 years of NSA logs to figure out how much to fine you or just access the shit on your hd to you using some fucked up version of the new rule41 threatpost. com/rule-41-opponents-vow-to-fight-governments-new-hacking-powers/122213/

I suspect people would become more critical to what they consumed, listening to what other people thought of the movies before even considering paying for it

Emma is CUTE!

youve never set foot into a single club in your life

Fatima Assad.

People will watch less movies/listen to less music. Sales might go down. There's a lot of other things you can do for free on the internet, so they'll probably just stick to those activities.