What would be the pros/cons of the US implementing a mandatory 1-2 years of military service for all military age males?

What would be the pros/cons of the US implementing a mandatory 1-2 years of military service for all military age males?

I kinda worry about the Economics behind it, like how it would affect Job growth. It would be best for the economy for it to be phased into the next generations to come, but best for our sanity for it to be enacted immediately.

Instead of fighting with brothers that chose to be there at your side, you're fighting with people forced to be there. no loyalty

pro:revolution
con:revolution

also, wouldnt that training come in handy when the returned decide to massacre?

all niggers could be sent to die in a jewish war

Everyone knows Sup Forums wants an Isolationist foreign policy. OP probably just wants to get rid of nu-males and have the resources to start a revolution at any time.

a conscript service? sounds nice

sounds great

I'm against all forms of forced servitude. Basically slave soldiers.

As a vet, I can tell you that even with a fully voluntary military you get some real shitty attitudes and motivation. Now mix that with being fucking forced to be there and you get Vietnam victim mentality 2: electric boogaloo.

If a nation can't produce willing soldiers it shouldn't exist to begin with.

To compensate with pay and educational benefits they have in place now, it would be outrageous and eat into the budget.

I was stationed in Korea and spent a month in Singapore, both countries that have required military service for males. In both countries the pay is awful, worse than our E-1 military pay. I was assigned two korean soldiers to work with me aka work for me and they talked about their terrible salaries and lack of benefits. In singapore you at least get to pick between military or police work, which isn't half bad and it's mostly reserve duty. I was also told some of the most ludicrous stories about people avoiding their service. People getting STD's on purpose, people admitting to being homosexual (more a singapore thing) though up until 2010 this was a thing in the US, pulling out teeth, eating their own shit to prove their insane, and obviously legally or illegally leaving the country.

So tl;dr- no

lulz finnbro,
enlighten us

PRO: You get to show those NEETs whose boss

CONS: You just taught the entire fighting age population how to use firearms, tactics, and mostly how your shit works.

'murrican verry stronng in this post

very good. would teach men not to be faggots, increase comraderie, increase sense of nationalism.

with mandatory military service i would expect faggotry to decrease, masculinity to increase and feminism to have less power.

it's cheap system. like you only give each (conscript) soldier 6-12 euros per day. also is gives another good reason for employers not hire weaklings. it also makes people care more about their country; 80 something percent of men here wanna defend homeland.

National Service is an interesting route to single-payer healthcare as everyone who finished NS would, currently, qualify as veterans for VA purposes. Same with GI Bill.

On a practical level, this would also wipe out the Federal budget in two years.

this

Bud i dont think you realize how gay the military is

Let's go down the list:

* Enlist and sent off to camp for 10+ weeks with only other men (gay)

* Forced to sleep with those men, knowing 10% of them at min are jacking off (gay)

* Take showers with other dudes (pretty damn gay)

* take shit publicly (good god gay)

* sit around making gay jokes and calling each other fags (pretty gay)

and that's just the first 24 hours of boot camp

only our degenerate modern culture steep in ubiquitous and open faggotry considers young men sharing close quarters and bonding to be "gay".

dude you sure are not very sure about your sexuality if you find those things gay

Pro: Israel could disband the IDF
Con: Literally everything else. Nu-Army on steroids, runaway costs, shitty moral, and on and on.

1. Cost. Unless we change how things are done, it would be obscenely expensive, as everyone is issued over $10,000 worth of gear.

2. Would ruin esprit de corps- one of the biggest positive motivators that drill sergeants use is "you are one of the 1% with the balls to sign up for this"- that's lost with mandatory service.

the joke
----------

your heads

Serving currently. Fuck that. We have way too many unmotivated retarded cucks in the army already. That's in the infantry.

you seriously overestimate how many people in our society are fit to serve in the military.

we had to start letting women in to do clerical/mechanical/logistics work because to many dudes are disfunctional pussies.

>drill sergeants use is "you are one of the 1% with the balls to sign up for this"-

Kek do they really tell recruits this?

That's only gay if you're homo you fucking faggot.

Especially that last one. Every real profession bonds with gay jokes.

>cons
-its a form of enslavement/imprisonment
-12 years of public school brainwashing not enough. need 2 more years of it(and more intense)
-all the fucked up medical testing

hahahahaha

kill yourself

Here we have to do 6 months.
What a waste of my time. I'm not allowed to own the guns I've been trained on anway because they're all fully automatic.

Pros: Take over the world
Cons: being forced into barracks with a bunch of liberals and numales