Where did the "lazy millennial" meme come from?

I am a millennials and would love to have a job.
"millennials are lazy because they don't take jobs that seem lower to them."

I have applied at least 60 places and never a call back. I have applied to be a janitor, dishwasher, bag boy etc.
They all want college degrees to make 10 bucks a hour.

Generation X NEET aspie washouts

Does Gen X plebs have the same issue or is this strictly a millennials thing?

>Would love to have a job
So you're a millennial? And you're holding yourself above the steryptype EVEN THOUGH you don't have a job?

Hate to break it to you but you are the lazy millennial stereotype. Unemployed, entitled, confused, but don't let me lump your golden ass into the millennial steryptype because you would love it IF you had a job? Get off your ass and get one you lazy faggot!

It comes from boomers not understanding that they ruined out chances of getting a decent job, and shifting the blame to "those damn kids".

My dad always talks about how back in the 80s if you didn't like the job you were working you could quit and walk across the street and start working at another factory the same day. Each and every factory would train you and have pensions worth retiring with.

How does applying to jobs make me a lazy faggot you fucking leaf? What am I supposed to do hold them at gun point for a job?

Stop deflecting blame and take responsibility for your own damn situation you fucking fags. Maybe if you took responsibility for once instead of putting blame on anyone you can other than yourself, you could actually accomplish something in your life. You seem like the kind of kids who get your parents to come in and complain about your bad grades to your teacher because you didn't think you deserved them.
t. 1996 and employed

Your cucked daddy probably gave you a job at his car dealership. Good job leaf!

what types of jobs have you had, OP?

>"just pull yourself up from the boot straps user!"
>"just ask your uncle to give you a job like i did"
>"there's no way my connections got me a job"

This is why the country is failing. Blaming kids who were being effected by bad decisions their parents/grandparents made before they were even born.

Shitty low end jobs won't hire you if you're not 18 in my neck of the woods.
Nice jobs won't hire you if you don't have experience. A college degree is all but worthless now and not an actual show of skill, employers know that. Also, younger people have a much higher chance of jumping ship at the first chance a better job opens up. They spent a lot of time and money doing all the work for their future employer.

Of course the boomers don't understand what is going on. They grew up with a different entitlement: they could have any job they wanted. My dad graduated having dozens of job offers from places he never applied to. I graduated with an internship, a high GPA, and was applying to almost 50 places a day with no job offers. I literally had to work for free for 6 months before I started getting paid.

>Go to Indeed.com
>Search "Apprentice"
>???
>Welcome to the trades

Pic related, found my current job from Indeed

No OP, they don't want you to have a college degree to flip burgers or wash dishes.

You're just doing it wrong.

Ever heard of "talking to the manager". You don't get interviews just by filling out the stupid online applications and hoping. Sure you can do that, but you better make sure use the right buzzwords in your application/resume. You actually go talk to the people at the places that are hiring, that's how you get a job.

I have talked to many managers and all of them say they will call me back but they never do.

Stop posting Ian

Millennial here. Phd student. I work 80 hours a week.

I think the truth is not so much that we're lazy but as a generation we're more prone to instant gratification due to the internet

Fibber.

I work in restaurants and the last thing you want in a dishwasher is someone with a degree. They'll hate the job, bitch non stop about how they deserve more, call in all the damn time with no notice and wander around insulting the rest of your staff for their lack of degrees before being tossed back into the dish pit. They also complain about washing dishes all the time. After applying for a job as a dishwasher.

What you really want for that job is a kid either almost done with highschool or between highschool and college or an older person looking to make a little extra money without a lot of stress. Both will be polite, available, happy enough to do the job they were hired to do and will be a pleasant part of the team.

The very rare, but golden, dishwasher hire will be a young man out of school looking for a career in the kitchen and wanting to work their way up. Best employee available for the job by a long shot.

You didn't make a good impression when you filled out your apps or you made no impression at all. Work on that aspect because I promise you we don't have prerequisites for getting your foot in the dishpit.

You don't seem to understand the situation:
In the free market where labour has to be bid for, obviously the employers would always be on the lookout for whoever the best demographics to hire are in order to make as much of a profit as possible. The way millennials paint the issue is that boomers are refusing to retire and taking up all the jobs that our poor millennial kids could be doing better.

This hypothesis falls apart, because if millennials were actually preferable to baby boomers in terms of work output, every business who was looking to stay competitive would have fired all their old and ineffective boomer workers fired and would replace them with fresh, hard-working, efficient young and spry millennials.

But that's not the case because most employers would rather keep their boomer workers than hire millennials because the boomers, even in their old age, output more work than millennials.

Millennials have such a shitty work output that it is actually preferable from a business standpoint to hire boomers in their 50s and 60s instead of them even in physical positions. If millennials were better workers than boomers by-and-large, they would have already replaced them.

It's the exact same reason so many more black people are unemployed than whites: the work output of whites is higher so they are hired by profit-seeking capitalists more often. Sadly, most places don't have laws against discrimination by age or by generation so the issue is unsolved.

There is no way you, directly as an individual, can change this. The problem is with the entire demographic, by and large, simply not being hard workers. Best thing you can do is, if you actually have confidence in your abilities to out-work a boomer, lie on a resumé and try to get hired so you can set an example to your employer that your age group isn't 100% shitty.

You mean that one other thread about it?

That was just some old boomer who can't comprehend that it's harder to succeed than when he was a 20's something

>They grew up with a different entitlement: they could have any job they wanted. My dad graduated having dozens of job offers from places he never applied to.

This completely.
Most boomers/gen x in my factory town dropped out of school to get a factory job at 16-17 and were making more money starting then most people make now, 30 years later.
Also pensions are gone
Full time is gone
Permanent positions are gone (enjoy losing 15% of your minimum wage pay to a temp agency)
Training is gone

What the fuck do they even want us to do? Everyone is ignoring the problem because it's in their financial interest to keep this game going as long as possible until they retire and sell their home for a comfortable 500k

I applied for 1 place, and after I did I now do manual labor for $9.50 an hour.

All this "I applied to 8324832 places" I always hear makes me think bullshit.

Either you put literally zero effort in to a million different applications, or you have a million different piercings and tattoos.
How about you spend less time trying to do 60 applications with zero effort put into each, and put your fucking heart into one.

How?

>replying to a leaf

It isn't just about applying, it is about following through. ANYBODY can apply. Wear a clean polo and slacks, ask for a resume, fill it out, bring it back. WOW YOU'RE THE CANDIDATE FOR US!

No. You need to call back. And call back. And show up. And show up again and again.

It will be busy when you reach out. It might never be the right time. You might be nervous.

But if you keep pushing, you can make it happen.

I know a guy with Aspberger Syndrome. He has worked at a grocery store for 5+ years now. The entire time, he has wanted to work at an Apple store. It is legit his dream job. He wouldn't care if it is just putting stickers on boxes, he just wants to work for the company that makes the products that he loves.

You know what he did? He applied. He interviewed. He got rejected.

Thirteen times he did this. He still applied a fourteenth time.

I ran into him a month ago at the grocery store. I was really bummed to see him still working there, because he must have been rejected for the 14th time. But guess what. He got the fucking job. It is part time, and he's in the back working inventory. He's stoked. He'll be driving 30 miles round-trip, taking the toll roads, but he's going to work and earn his money.

If you can't follow through, and keep the pressure on, then you are getting what you deserve. People don't want to hire someone who buckles under the first bit of resistance. Trump wouldn't hire someone like that.

>where did this meme come from?
>my specific anecdotal case totally destroys it!

Because you told me about your job on steam

You sound like a massive faggot that refuses to take responsibility for your own failings, no wonder your daddy didn't love you.

Get a job you fucking hippie.

Jasi?

If you can't get those jobs you must be a fucking retard.

You're a dipshit leaf, fuck off

No man

I'm definitely one of those lazy millenials desu so when I here that maymay I just mentally nod my head

NEET going on for three years now. I tell my mom I'll teach myself programming and she just smiles while going off to bake me something or order food

and I just spend my days playing Fallout: New Vegas

who then?

That's right folks, you have to beg to earn less than welfare and then pay 40% in taxes

I know what you mean and have tried that many times.
1. Fill out application online.
2. Call in the store
3. go in dressed nice to talk to manager
4. manager likes me says he will call me back for "official" interview.
5. never gets called back.

It is just this over and over again on repeat.

nice rebuttal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idk if it's even you man I just guesses because of job, greg

>obviously the employers would always be on the lookout for whoever the best demographics to hire are

No, this why invent diversity. Kill white man.

no read your deception further.

Congrats on getting the apple store job

Oh shit whats up dude?

>every business who was looking to stay competitive would have fired all their old and ineffective boomer workers fired and would replace them with fresh, hard-working, efficient young and spry millennials.

implying the unions would ever let this happen.
Also on that subject, every place i've worked for has passed shit that benefits the oldest workers while fucking over anyone new who wants to join. When i worked at loblaws in highschool they literally cancelled benefits only for anyone new coming in, while letting all the older employees keep them. Literally a fuck you to the younger generation.

Honestly I don't care being called a lazy millennial. I'll get a job when I do, until then I'm going to enjoy my NEEThood, and Working Canuck can regale us with how righteous he is for being employed

because its true, millenials are for the most part lazy and bitch abought everything. you get a few who were not indoctrinated and hard workers but your looking at a lot of retards

Most jobs say "degree required."
There was a Library that was hiring so I went to do the application. You need a fuckin LIBRARY SCIENCE DEGREE to make 10.50 a hour.
WHO would spend thousands of college money for that degree!?!!

Says the lazy ducking sperg who can't type properly

Arborist make pretty out pretty damn good too, especially in Colorado / Oregon / California.

>talking about yourself in the third person

Working shitty bowling alley job watching people on Sup Forums cry about not finding work

high-jacking for the keks
also Ian how is it working in a trade?

number 1 advice on getting a job

annoy the hell out of them

i don't mean call several times in a day i mean be persistent over the span of months even when you're ignored or rejected, it's not like you've got anything better to do. be that "annoying guy that won't leave us alone" what's the worst that could happen?

How about if you weren't such a faggot you would know what it's like to work your ass off. I can't wait until Trump turns all of you millennial pussy ass faggots into men.

dude im a millenial too, i worked as a dishwasher and at factories, its true, millenials are fucking lazy. you know how many people ive seen fired

this

I feel like its that mind set that is fucking with people. "Dont hire him he is a millennial and will be lazy and shit."

Post Office is crying for help. Lots of Boomers retiring, you can make career in no time.

This 30 year old just joined as a CCA and will make regular in 2 weeks.... that used to take at least a year

Hey man at least we're better off than half the suckers on here. Fuck this weather though
It's alright, not a lot of book knowledge and a lot of figuring things out for yourself/ being lost in the sauce

>tfw recently got a job doing manual labor for a construction company making $15/hr
My resume is absolute shit too. I have so many gaps in my employment but somehow they still hired me. Worst part about the job is it takes 2 hours to get home because of severe traffic. It's so bad that it makes me want to quit but I can't afford to since I know that no one else will hire me. Hell, even Chilis and Applebees rejected me and those jobs pay $8.50/hr.

no its true, im a millenial, our generation is fucking lazy. like i said a few are great. but when you see people work they are fucking retarded and blame everyone but themselves

>ITT: People who don't realize the demand in the job market differs from state to state.

Never said that I never had a job. Just saying how hard it is to acquire one right now you inbred.

if you never had a job you have to start at a shit level

You don't even need a degree to get a job. Just work your ass off and move up and change jobs if it's going nowhere and everyone you work with is an asshole. Work hard stop fapping and start making money and gettin bitches and stop being a faggot ass pansy whining about no gf. I have a license in a field I didn't go to college for and it gives me enough to own a house and buy a car and do whatever the fuck I want

Born in 1990 and worked my way into a supervisor position in o&g

Make good money and continue to stack certifications and licenses

I worked tirelessly and kept focusing on expanding my knowledge and trying to absorb everything and learn to do all jobs at each company I worked for.

I got into this business because I took a few petroleum related classes in community college and lucked out on a craigslist job prospect back in 2012. My first year I made 50k at 22 y/o, had a smoking hot gf, nice apartment and a couple of cars.

But before that, I worked Craigslist moving jobs, demolition jobs, literally anything to make 50-100 bucks for a days work. Then I got a job in a factory building circuit boards - it was entry level but within two months I was running their autocad programming for automated machines and running the most technical jobs in the shop. Which was super easy because the workers had the " ha good luck with that, it sucks!" Mindstate. It fucking sucked ass due to being grossly underpaid but it made my resume a bit better.
Regardless - millennials want too much right off the bat and have nothing to offer. You just have to start somewhere dude.

Can you two fucking faggots get a room? this is not a AOL chat room.

Yeah that was my first job making 5.15 or w/e it was minimum wage. I'd kill myself if I had to go back to it.

Just hope that automation accelerates and immigrants stop flooding in, so you can have a nice NEET lifestyle on a universal basic income like Elon Musk promised. Then you can shitpost 24/7 or be an E-celeb in the post-economic entertainment society.

>Have to apply fourteen times to get a fucking awful job that doesn't even pay enough to let you survive
Nope. Welfare, tell the government that you're depressed/autistic/ADHD and collect checks. Fuck working for 10/hour

I would love to do day labor jobs. I have tried finding day labor jobs on craigslist but have not been successful.

why are people proud of being neets or mooching of the gov

You're just mad you don't have friends to run into on Sup Forums

Any leftie states that give a shit about trees. I work for an electric company in a dark blue city. Our staff foresters make bank and our contract arborists made insane OT. But they're all "totally legal" Hispanic workers.

Shit it isn't? Where did I take the wrong turn?

If you get ISA certified you'll be a huge leg up from most people applying for anything arborist

Boomers

also where do you live? I find it odd that 60 different places wouldn't call you back or leave an email. Try restaurants, people come and go through restaurants all the time.

based leaf

>leaf

>craigslist
you're looking in the wrong place
hang out at a home depot around 6 - 8 am

be prepared to make less than min wage in unreported cash earnings

>applied at least 60 places
fucking leaf, I should have known. try harder

>empty platitudes with no actual information
fucking leafs

>leaves raking leaves raking leaves

only 60 places low energy af

go apply 1000 places and come back

Either you have no skills or you don't know how to market yourself.

>ask for a resume, fill it out, bring it back
are you a leaf on vacation or something?

it happens all the time its the same as old fucks bitching about vidya while they watch 12 hours of tv a day

>be manager
>have lots of shit to deal with
>some faggot comes in and wants you to give him a job
>want to get rid of him asap to get back to work
>tell him youll call back later

>Apply 40 places
>One calls back
>Wants me to be an unpaid intern

MOTHERFUCKING PIECES OF SHIT

Millennials will get busy when they realize that Obama engineered the death of 'Whiteness' meaning that, going forward, white males get Suppression Medication from Homeland and Corporate HR departments. Welcome to the New World Order's politically correct blacklist.

Now figure out how to stop talking about everything that you will do, and once in a while stub that cig out, get up off your ass, and actually make things Happen.

Here is the problem I have a good amount of skills. Graphic design. 3D modeling and 3D printing experience. Video editing and animation.
But where I am located is very retarded and very behind technologically. If I was in Seattle I wouldn't have as much trouble finding a job. Its like I am a marine biologist in North Dakota.
I am in AZ by the way.

Yeah? So GO BACK INTO THE STORE. TALK TO THE MANAGER.

This is how you never EVER move up in the world. What are you going to put on your resume? That you were collecting gibmes for the past 2 years, and now you want a job that allows you to move out, pay all your bills, and thrive? You're going to have to grind it out.

I call them and they tell me to come in. Its not like I randomly walk in.
"Come in at 12 it wont be busy"
"ok"

because all you do is waste time on the internet. Go watch real news like CNN or something. Stop reading fake news

There is currently no way to move up in the world unless you are going through extraordinary circumstances. The average person is incapable of getting a self-sustaining job.

i was that one kid who was hired to dishwash/close between highschool and some of college. eventually started cooking there. just wish i got paid more to get my ass kicked on the line

Not with that attitude faggot

I'm a millennial. Started in a convencience store when I was 16. Started in a call center (arguably illegally) when I was 17, worked two jobs for 2-3 years, full and part time, went to school, changed to a higher paying support center, left the convenience store, got tired of being on the phone
Worked retail and stock, went to Unviersity, worked 2 part time jobs, and a 3rd full time job (took summer courses)
Kept the stock jobs, moved to sales, got laid off in Christmas, worked in a call center in the school, moved to tech support when I graduated, promoted, moved to IT after, promoted twice, just moved again to a new place.

I make decent cash now, 9-5.I have literally been unemployed for less than a week in 23 years.

tl;dr, Your resume sucks, and you should be volunteering/work for free to get something on your resume in the meantime.

>even in their old age, output more work than millennials.

thats complete and utter bullshit. i know plenty of old faggots at all the places ive worked that are lazy pieces of shit and dont have to do shit cuz "oh they are old, they just do this one task."

fuck capitalism, free market is a scam

>calling back

what are u some beta faggot still in highschool? never call back retard, they will call u if they want u, they dont give a shit if u call them

Trump would go to Bangladesh for cheap labor

What a Go-getter. What a tool. What a programmed slave.

This difficulty was engineered into the economy in order to get you to accept less from society, by working for free -- and to take pride in being alive by pleasing your masters. It is the sign of a poorly run, disgusting kleptocracy, this is not the free market.

But try not to expect anything more from society, than unfairness and pain. Because you are a proud champion of all this. So proud of your ability to bend knee, and take it. Rather than to expect better things from society and political economy. Mommy taught you to take it.

You are special, little snowflake. What a pleaser. We're so proud of you.

There are still jobs out there they just suck and don't pay shit. Sorry if you don't have a degree that's high in demand or any skill, you cannot be picky or you're never going to get a job. So far I've done landscaping, hotel maintenance, helped run a carwash, bused tables. I've never been unemployed for more than a month. None of these jobs were "good" but hey I had something to do all day and got paid.