Should last meals be a thing? Or are they a waste of time?

Should last meals be a thing? Or are they a waste of time?

I think it's fine.

It's an okay thing to do before zapping their brains. I mean, its not to say that these are good people but at least it shows that we don't treat any (of our own) human species like cattle.

They arent a thing anymore

It's totally a mind fuck. Really helps emphasize the "you're dying now" message. That's probably why they do it.

In the grand scheme of things, a waste of time. They're gonna die and it doesn't matter what's in their stomach.

But it's a nice gesture. We're killing you, so load up on your favorite things and pretend everything is alright for your final moments to go as peacefully as possible.

I'd ask for creamed lobster on toast and baked smoked haddock.. Nothing like having a traditional meal before dying.

Nothing wrong with it.

Probably a waste of time, but we live in a civilized society with a pretty high levels of comfort. Since we have the means to be able to, we can give them one last taste of the civilization they betrayed by committing murder before passing on.

Indeed. Not really a thing, because some dumb cunts had to ruin it for everyone by ordering large amounts of food and then not eating it.

If I was ever doing highly illegal shit, I'd set up a secret bank account somewhere with $10k on it, just to pay for my last meal. No doubt they'd charge some outrageous $1k fee just to pick the food up.

I wonder if you could ask them to just put you up in front of a firing squad instead, using some of the saved money to buy you food?

The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning soon.

Alright Sup Forums, what would be your last meal?

>thin crust pepperoni and bacon pizza from my small hometown's diner

asian pussy with sweet and sour sauce

I'd get four In-n-Out double-doubles, a large homemade blackberry ice cream milk shake, extra thick, and a giant bowl of extra spicy Chongqing chicken.

Pasta with pancetta, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic butter and the fresh pesto Tecso used to make, wasted down with a Jack and Coke

(It's what my mum cooks me when I come home for the holidays)

One last meal and a smoke is a pretty good way to bookend their existence. Only for our own though.

I'm Vietnamese, so a few bowls of beef and chicken Pho, along with some Banh Mi sandwiches.

I think it would help me mentally if I eat food from my childhood to help accept the fact that I'm going to die.

Since I'd have saved money for myself to pay for it, all sorts of fast food, milkshakes and so on. Snacks and crisps too (Doritos of various kinds, no bully pls, they were the first crisps I tasted where I really wanted more of). After I had eaten a lot, I'd puke in a toilet and eat as much more.

thats better than what i had for dinner tonight

and i am not a criminal insane fuck like teddy

PUTIN IF YOU ARE READING THIS

SEND THE NUKES

WE DESERVE IT

>In September 2011, the state of Texas abolished all special last-meal requests after condemned prisoner Lawrence Russell Brewer requested a huge last meal and did not eat any of it, saying he was not hungry. His last-meal request was for a plate of two chicken-fried steaks with gravy and sliced onions, a triple-patty bacon cheeseburger, a cheese omelet with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, a bowl of fried okra with ketchup, a pound of barbecued meat with half of a loaf of white bread, a portion of three fajitas, a meat-lover's pizza (topped with pepperoni, ham, beef, bacon, and sausage), a pint of Blue Bell, a serving of ice cream, a slab of peanut-butter fudge with crushed peanuts, and a serving equivalent to three root beers. The abolition followed a complaint by a Texas Senator, John Whitmire (Democrat, of Houston), who called the meal "inappropriate"

yo bra, you forgot some Banh Bao

10 dozen raw oysters

Spinach-cheese tortellini w/ cherry tomatoes sautéed in oil and garlic/salt/pepper. Parmesan to top it. Garlic bread on the side.

I can die happy.

Personally I think it's okay. When it boils down to it even though society has deemed them too dangerous to be alive they should at least have the option of picking the last thing they want to eat.

Financially yes, complete waste of time however at risk of sounding like a liberal, one meal of their choice is reasonable.

>tfw you'll never be this devilish

LEFTISTS HARD AT WORK

>at the risk of sounding liberal

get off this website for a few weeks it's fucking with your head my dude

Tendies and Mnt Dew.

If I was in America I'd get fish and chips to be patriotic. If in the UK I dunno. Maybe Pizza Hut Meat Feast with garlic dip or if that's too expensive then just sausages, mash and onions I think.

Barbecue, fried okra, corn bread, sweet tea, cole slaw, and banana pudding.

Half of them just picked what they thought would make the biggest mess when they inevitably shit their pants.

I'll have 14 biscuits and gravy please.

he could have had more, was he just not hungry?

It's a tradition. Doesn't hurt anyone.

Julbord

I think it should be a privilege reserved for criminals that 'behaved' themselves while in prison

Yeah I don't care.

I mean I could go and say "hurr durr i dont want muh tax dollars spent on eggs and ham for no good stinkin nigger on the chair" but I don't really give a shit. I'm not edgy enough to say this guy can't even request a last meal for himself. I'm also okay with offering a cigarette.

Death by firing squad is also a good option.

If you want to die honorably, might as well. That should be an option. You're dying anyways.

You wanna know why most states offer last meals, priests, and other options to death row inmates? Because we aren't a nation of cowardly faggots.

whats that

Why should the monsters that commit the highest levels of crimes eat better than me for free?

Monti Cristo Sandwich with waffle fries and 2 IPA Craft beers to wash it down with.

12oz rib eye steak (rare) with peas, home made cold slaw and skin on fries.

probably a short guy

Fugu fish, never going to try it because of the risk, but if I were to die anyway I'd of course do it.

Wouldn't it be fucking obvious he would not be able to eat all of that? A fucking ploy i tell you

Shit man we could ride the lightning together. Proper meal there.

Quote from wiki on Russian execution methods

"In the Soviet Union and post-Soviet Russia, convicted awaited execution for a period around 9-18 month since the first sentence. That is the time which typically needed for 2-3 appeals to be processed trough soviet juridical system, depend on court of which level first sentenced convicted to death. Shooting was the only legal means of execution, though the exact procedure has never been codified. Unlike most other countries, execution did not involve any official ceremony: the convict was often given no warning and taken by surprise in order to eliminate fear, suffering and resistance. Where warning was given, it was usually just a few minutes.

The process was usually carried out by single executioner, usage of firing squads being limited to wartime executions. The most common method was to make the convict walk into a dead-end room, and shoot him from behind in the back of the head with a handgun. In some cases, the convict could be forced down on his knees. Some prisons were rumored to have specially designed rooms with fire slits, while in others the convict was tied to the floor, his head against a blood draining hole. Another method was to make the convict walk out of the prison building, where he was awaited by the executioner and a truck with the engine and headlamps turned on. The lights blinded and disoriented the convict, while the noise of the engine muffled the shot. Sometimes the execution was carried out outdoors in front of the grave in which the convict was to be buried.

The body of the executed criminal was not given to the relatives, but rather buried in anonymous graves in undisclosed location"

>tfw your country will never be this hardcore

A triple-berry pie fresh from the oven

and some of those delicious blue potatoes

and some cold water

way to make this frozen pizza i'm eating taste even more like cardboard

I'd give my left nut for a huge seafood platter right now

no

Id request a whole chicken

just a big bowl full of corn kernels and a glass of oil

Fresh ground chuck patty cooked rare on a fresh baked brioche bun with pimento cheese, fried green tomatoes, two slices of bacon, with a side of french fries and a pint of my hometown's amber ale

but by god I could eat piss and liquor for my last meal if they let me smell the ocean breeze over the marsh one last time

Keeping those sentenced to death with no hope of appeal fed and clothed is a waste of time.

Just put their head over a storm drain and put a bullet in their brain as soon as their last chance for freedom is gone.

it took me a moment but holy kek

big talk for a small colombian

>Flag
>claims someone's eating better than him

Yeah alright fuck off mate pull the other one. Go eat your fucking chicken in a can and ben and jerry's and find something real to complain about.

An Austrian grill plate, with sausages, various sorts of meats, fries, a salad and some other things next to it.

Or additionally just one single pea.

This. If someone deserves a last meal they shouldn't be on death row. And vice-versa.
These people aren't like you and me.
You know what we would done? Not do the crime in the first place. If it was an accident than don't kill them. Simple as that. If they were forced than that's a diffrent case. If they chose to do the crime, they should pay. Of course, the legal system needs a major overhaul and a complete renovation before that can happen. As many innocent are locked up while guilty are set free.

Massive, huge, gigantic mountain of cauliflower cheese with 10 potato waffles.

Or, you know, a child .... tough call

Thats Ecuador you imbecile

That looks good as fuck man im gonna make that for breakfast tomorrow.

Salmons temaki with cream cheesy and a huge cup of weihenstephaner. Im a vegetarian and don't drink, so that would be a break from my traditional diet.

The last meal is a symbolic gesture rooted in Christianity. It's a last act of kindness before the sentence is carried out.

Nothing wrong with it, even if the guy was a scum bad hopefully he is repentant, found Christ and uses the meal as a bit of solace .

Personally I would order spicy chili and beans to shit out all over myself as I start to go under.

This is only in certain states and it's because one dumb fuck ordered a shitload of food and didn't eat a thing.

I don't really care anyway, they don't deserve shit and how could you think about eating with your impending death?

"Death Row" is a waste of time.

In some states they sit in a private cell for 20+ years watching tv before their sentence is reduced to life because the Dept. of Corrections can't access the special drugs to give them a "humane" death.

A made from scratch egg salad sandwich with chilled dill pickles on the side and peach tea.

I can't wait till Christmas week at my Grandma's where I can actually have this meal. Damn it's awesome being southerm.

A cyanide capsule so I can die on my own terms.

Two gallons of milk.

I'm lactose intolerant.

94% chance I would sperg out and keep the guard waiting for 5 minutes while I stutter like a tard, and then blurt out "spaghetti" right as he turns to just walk away.

>weihenstephaner

How the fuck do you even know what that is if you don't drink?

Enormous plate of chicken and waffles from a restaurant in my hometown, with the spicy syrup and the strawberry butter, all of it, with an enormous glass of spiked eggnog

This. My brain would go nuts after finishing the last bite of something.

How much does one bullet cost in the states now?

Here are some famous last meals. One of them ordered up cheese doodles and coke...

Kind of sad really. A life so devoid of merit that they are not even worth the effort for someone to keep them fed and housed. What an ending.

Truly living the devilish life
A memester to the end, respectable

Yes. If we as a society are going to do this, at the very least let's put some token effort towards making it humane.

They could reuse a rope!

liver, onions, bacon, potatoes and ale. mum's bread and butter pudding for dessert

>How much does one bullet cost in the states now?

Do you realize how stupid of a question this is?

Right on! Enjoy it fellow southerner! Nobody does comfort food like we do.

>Be Russian
>Get stealth executed

I dont drink since 2012. Before that I enjoyed the pleasures of drinking.

Sushi and a huge order of Jelapeño Poppers from Burger King

I'd object more if we weren't blowing thousands of dollars on killing them "humanely." If we're being humane, the least we can do is give them the meal. They'll enjoy that a lot more than they'll enjoy "peacefully" spasming to death.

Five stars.

Roast leg of lamb, roasted potatoes and the trimmings with gravy
Choc chip cookies and brownies from Mrs Fields with chocolate, pistachio and salted caramel and white chocolate gelato from Gellato Messina for dessert.

Rib Eye steak medium rare with fries and peppercorn sauce or a variety of curries would also be tempting.

A lot, thanks to the democrats

A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon (If alcohol permitted) and a Lacta chocolate bar.

what about a system where you go for double or nothing?

>last meal, any requests?
>i'll take "The Challenge"
>be presented with a 72 oz steak
>if you finish within 30 minutes, you live
>chow time

i feel that would embody US justice

They want you to shove off on a full stomach, so that when you die you shit yourself and everyone can laugh at you one last time.

burger king doesn't have shushi.

chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes country gravy and green beans

and a roll

The image you put in my head made my fucking week user.

Bravo.

I would much prefer a bullet to some cocktail of drugs or electricity. Give me a smoke and a bullet any day.

what's that one movie where the british bong police hang this dude

like they're super quick about it

Good point.

no

I doubt it's that much and the person doing it probably wouldn't be paid much working for the government.

That makes sense. I just wish more craft brewers here would make actual beer instead of grapefruit hop overload raspberry ale or other weird shit.

I actually got lucky and found a brewery that's only an hour and a half from me that brews great beer. Their IPAs are actually decent rather than just senselessly overloading with hops.

This one is great and tastes pretty close to paulaner salvator, but I can actually buy it in my town easily.

its how I'd want to go, can you even imagine it?

>Pulled out of a cell
>Confused
>Told to walk into a room
>No windows
>No chairs or tables or anything
>Just a single dingey yellow lamp hanging from the ceiling
>The man behind me tells me all my appeals have been denied
>Finally, it dawns on me
>Before you can even react
>Dead

Its how I'd want to go