When did you finally grow out of atheism Sup Forums?

When did you finally grow out of atheism Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945
youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5HrlKSAOQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was in my early 20's. was a raging fedora from the age of 14 until probably 20. Then it came quite gradually.

Converted to Catholicism. My life has been better for it in every appreciable way. Praise God.

When I took a large amount of LSD and met the goddess of the moon.

I flip flop like a normal human does.

Grew up a church kid, went out of it during college, read Rene girard and became a Christian again

M'lady, Atheism is the only true philosophy. Have you read the (((G-d delusion))) yet?

Lol.

>Christfags BTFO

When I first did magic mushrooms. Then I learned mathematics and physics. That was 8 years ago. Right now working on probability theory and music theory, for fun.

That was one hell of a trip.

God is a circle. Man is a polygon inscribed within that circle.

Atheists wouldn't annoy me so much if they didn't make a god out of government/egalitarianism.

>I flip flop like a weak person does

Fixed that for you. Go to church faggot.

I have a hard time believing I'll ever go back to the catholic church, but I'm not an in your face atheism. Faith is an amazing thing, but it isn't for everyone.

They've made a 'church' out of atheism

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945

>atheist church

Imagine the smell.

This year.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5HrlKSAOQ

>weak person
So I guess if God killed your whole family in some freak accident, directly or indirectly, you'd be like "Oh you".

How do you start believing in the christian myths literally if you weren't indoctrinated with them already?
I couldn't. It would be just pretending.
*adjusts fedora*

The christian values are great though. I recognize it's important for a culture to have common values.

>God is a circle
God is a circle whose circumference is everywhere and whose center is nowhere.

See, atheism SHOULD just mean that you don't practice any form of religion, but the meaning of the word has been tainted by online communities of pseudo-intellectual edgelords. Calling yourself an atheist now automatically lumps you into that category in most people's minds.

I'd say instead that I'm agnostic, but then I'd get called an indecisive pussy. But at the end of the day, claiming knowledge is retarded. Nobody knows why we're here or what this universe is and you're either retarded or delusional if you claim knowledge either way.

This is the only right answer desu.

Do you mean fedora clad edge lord or a guy who does not go to church.

Because fuck that Sundays are for sleeping in,football and bbq. Also idc what you believe in as long as you don't fuck with my right faggot

when I chose Gods to worship

This guy gets it

>When did you finally grow out of atheism Sup Forums?
30 or 31

Something like irreligious.

>if god killed your family
Yeah gonna go out on a limb here and say I'm pretty sure that didn't happen

I looked up at the sky one day and said "lol I bet it's blue because it's full of water". Also the Earth doesn't move.

Thanks God

When I saw the awesome power of the digits. Fedorafags and Christcucks will never know the pleasure of praising Kek.

>I'm pretty sure that didn't happen
Of course. Nothing like that ever happens. The world is fair and just.

But that's literally what agnosticism is.

>2525

I think it counts

36, when i hit rock bottom
jesus is the way

/r/ pics of that dude with the beard. The Nu-male king.

Literally, just open your mind. It's not difficult.

>this is how atheists see the religious

Literal children. No wonder they're so bluepilled.

Remember your average atheist is almost indestiguishable from your average Jew.

This guy?

I'm on the fence right now. Some christians and even Jews have impressed me with their character. I need to read up on some stuff some more so I feel good calling myself a Christian.

I'm an Agnostic and have always been.

Literally the only logical choice.

When I started worshipping le amphibious chaos god

wew
>Unjust things are carried out by god
Wait do you believe in god?

It was around the same time in which I realized that having a concrete opinion on a matter beyond our rational capacities (except when dealing with hypothetical scenarios) is pointless.

Early 20's.

To be an "atheist" you need to be an American first, because only in US that's something that means being an antitheistic clown, instead of "normal person who doesn't have any issues with faith".

I haven't. I think this world's too fucked up to have a graceful god. Did pick up a good bit of theology though just because its fascinating. Gnosticism best heresy by far.

>Wait do you believe in god?
Define god.

Religion is cancer. Religious people are cucks. That being said I believe in my own version of God.

Early twenties. Glad I did too.

The only thing I'd say is that most "good" christians realize they're making a leap of faith. What I'm starting to believe is that this universe is ultimately chaotic and everyone will make a leap of faith regardless if its for a God and religion or something else. What makes atheists so cringe is their extremely high regard for science, never taking into account that its merely a method and results will always be up for interpretation.

Faith is important. But to claim that atheists don't have faith in (((those))) they listen too, and allow to think for them, is silly.

It requires much more faith to be an atheist.

I didn't. Also I'm not going to be swayed by fedora images because I don't care about fitting in. *tips*

>Muh God Delusion
I imagine it was written strictly for being Athecuck jack-off bait.

Kierkegaard pls go

*Mother is raped and killed*
>Oh well nothing matters

*Does good things, sacrifices and helps millions of people*
>Who cares, nothing matters

I guess it's so appealing to Internet people since you can a worthless piece of garbage because why not nothing matters

I mean you just said God kills people. I don't need to define what your understanding of god is.

27 now, sort of leaning back towards Christianity, but definitely not the sect I grew up in (Methodist). I was an atheist early in life, had severe doubts by the time I was 12, and was an edgy atheist before I turned 14. I didn't wave it in people's faces, but I thought Christians were dumb, I was cool, and so on. Grew out the edginess to just being agnostic around 19. Been reading philosophy, history, law, political theory, and literature a lot more in the past couple years, and it has made me think that there are some things science will never be able to answer, especially when it comes to ethics and happiness, which is where the element of faith comes in like for Kierkegaard. I should read theology, Aquinas, Augustine, etc, to see what they have to say.

God's will doesn't take sides;
it gives birth to both good and apparent evil.

The Child Of God doesn't take sides;
he welcomes both saints and sinners.

This.

Never, I was born atheist so haven't been brainwashed to think one out of the four thousand religions is my default one.

So you were brainwashed into believing life is meaningless and you haven't grown out of it yet?

That's sad.

so not a circle?

Shoo shoo! Back to his christcuck

maybe a hyper-dimensional circle/sphere?

It was a "poetic" musing, something an autist might not understand and question. Where on the spectrum are you?

>he thinks Sup Forums isn't Christian

Get lost on your way to /lgbt/ kiddo?

Oh, here we go with this meme again. You are attributing a very specific line of thought to being mature yet you go off calling people who disbelieve childish? Quit trying to make yourself feel better for the fact you can't prove shit.

>he hasn't grow out of atheism

This is an 18+ website kiddo.

This. A real free thinking man gets brainwashed by religion.

Only blue pilled faggots on this board are still Christian. Waiting for them to take that red pill but they can't seem to fucking swallow it.

>Back to his

So what? You can keep screaming this, but you're just coming across as the child.

/his/ is full of christcuckery

>athiesm is not an institution you fucking cucks

Wait, which branch of atheism are you talking about? Nietzschean / Orthodox Atheism, Fedora Atheism / Atheism+, or Agnostic Atheism / Common Atheism?

I want to but I don't think I can actually believe in it.

I've been playing with the idea of joining a church, but I doubt I will.

you forgot "not religious but spiritual"

>dead kike on a stick

That's called Hinduism

You seem to be forgetting that atheists are overwhelmingly blue-pilled cucks.

I believe in a christian nation if only because I know the average person in society can't stably function without it.

Personally I just never even think about a higher power unless someone else brings it up, even though I say Jesus Christ and various phrases containing "god" a lot. I can thank Sup Forums for that.

when I found out about Aquinas and realized there are logical reasonings for the existence of a god and it's not just some made up shit

Are you going to make a post that isn't completely autistic?

Tell me, how does disbelieving something with no evidence backing it require more faith than believing something without evidence?

You are mistaking atheism with nihilism, you autist.

When I pledged myself to chaos!

It's quite arrogant to think that no higher power exists, that a god-like entity doesn't exist, that we are the highest power the universe was able to come up with

We don't even know much about our own universe, let alone what could be "outside" of it

It's arrogant and naive to be an atheist

Approximately 2011. Did psychedelics, found God.

Synchronicities have been happening all the time since then.

So you took drugs, hallucinated and now you're establishing illusionary connections between events in your mind. I hope you're trolling.

No that's not at all what happened.

that is just what you described

This guy gets it. Automated car factories are waaay more complex than the cars they produce. Hmmmmmmm....makes you think.

They aren't illusionary connections.

Finding God wasn't any more of a hallucination than "normal reality" is.

Do you believe in meme magic?

you licked a toad

When I was about fifteen.
I borrowed a catholic theology book from my dad and I've known the truth ever since.

/r/im14andthisisdeep

>he hasn't grown out of Christianity

You're also atheist. You just don't know the definition of the word.

About 4 years ago now.

I'm more of an atheist than ever. I'm just not an obnoxious faggot about it.

How much? I just took 400 micrograms last week and thought my life was a faulty simulation.

You idiot. Look at your standard of living and your life-expectancy. Now look at those for people born only 200 years ago. All of the credit goes to the scientific method.

I'm gonna fap. Leave me alone.

Question for the Christfags in this thread:

How do you feel about Christianity's co-opting of pagan holidays like Yule and Easter?

you are atheist because drugs damaged your brain

WEW
You almost sounded smart

The Fendippitous Eggmen are returning

I was an atheist before I took the drugs though.

Yeah i bet