Theotokos/Mary Thread

If you are a disgusting protestant who thinks other christians 'worship"saints , you are not needed nor wanted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=59aeb6oNzdk
goarch.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=vuuJKLSG3dw
youtube.com/watch?v=FEJ_dtN0QO8
goarch.org/ourfaith/ourfaith8025
youtube.com/watch?v=Vk2eIaQ5LTU
youtube.com/watch?v=Fst41iLDUEY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Religion is all feels.

I guess some people need it to survive on this planet emotionally.

why does she wear the hijab

Enjoy if you are an orthodox bro:

youtube.com/watch?v=59aeb6oNzdk

Why would you pray to saints, when you can talk directly to God himself instead?

Why not both?

you don't pray to the saints to do anything, you stand side by side with them in worship of our lord.

Baba ti na selo nosi li kurpa?

sounds like a dictatorship

Because saints embody a particular aspect of God fully, without regard to personal well-being. They are heroes. They are examples. They are lofty examples of great human potential.

Why is this hard to understand?

nosi shtoto i pada kosata

You ask the Saint for help in bringing your prayer to God.

It's like going to your boss and asking for a promotion, then asking a colleague that has your boss' ear to tell him to promote you specifically.

M-my grandmother is a saint in my eyes, and is my guardian angel.

You can't talk (pray) to God directly. All prayers have to pass through Mary's heart to be purified before they're received by God. We're all sinners and our prayers are inherently unclean.

At least that's what we were taught in CCD classes, back when I was a Catholic.

>kneel before it
>pray to it
>light incense

>I-its just art bro

you're doing it wrong
only your stepfather (pope / patriarch) can decide who's a saint and who isn't

exoterism =/= esoterism

mfw heretics can't into mysticism.

This is Serbian Orthodoxy, the rules are pretty lax--and I'm always forgiven.

>You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them. (Ex 20:2-5; cf. Deut 5:6-9)

Hmm kinda seems like they're bowing down to a graven image and are going to burn in hell for drinking from the cup of demons

>(((Old Testament)))

>Hmm kinda seems like

I can understand that for you it might "seem like", but I assure you, they're not.

Fuck your kike shit.

(((God))) was in a bad mood, OK?

Lotta loyalty for a hired nun.

Why would you talk to a janitor when you already have a direct line to the CEO himself? God listens to you, personally, if you just ask, no need for intermediaries.

Make me Papist

How can i discover my faith Sup Forums?
I feel a pull towards Christianity but I don't know how to go about it.
I've tried doing some research but the websites I've read are either far too preachy or focus in on details which are too intricate for me to care about yet.

Reading what an user wrote above I would say I am esotoric and have internalised aspects of faith, soul and god - but I would enjoy knowledge and participation in some of the exotoric rituals

I like the art of Orthodoxy but know little of its other aspects.

I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's just Catholic fanfiction though, nowhere in the Bible Jesus said that you have to go through his mom to talk to God.

Protestants in charge of not thinking 4th dimentionally.

Says fucking who?

Literally made up pagan bullshit, like all papist heresies.

Absolutely disgusting.

You just don't get it, you're not close enough to your pagan roots.

Protestantism is the SJW form of christianity.

We are on the interweb.
goarch.org/

If you want to get into orthodoxy, you gotta have someone who is going to show you the ways.

You also have to choose an orthodox nationality. Russian, Greek, Serbian, and even Romanian are bretty good choices.

Basically, you gotta cross yourself a lot, stand for long periods of time, kiss little portraits behind glass, light a candle for people you love, and try not to oggle too hard at pretty girls when christmas and easter come around.

So is it true that Virgin Mary is just Ishtar worship in disguise?

Actually you worship cra kers , statues, and Dah Ah Holy Ah Faddah who is an atheistic pervert. You are perverted faggots who dont think christ actually did anything, and you will burn in hell.

You should check out "The Rage Against God" by Peter Hitchens.

youtube.com/watch?v=vuuJKLSG3dw

youtube.com/watch?v=FEJ_dtN0QO8

No--in slavic tribalism, the all loving, all sacrificing "MOTHER" reigns supreme in all imagery--especially in Russia.

Definitely not in the Bible and made up by perverts in boxes

He's literally kneeling in front of a graven image. He's going to hell unless he repents. End of story.

why did they worship Polycarp's bones? I don't worship dead human remains.

Wtf is wrong with you guys?

>New World christianity everyone

Protestants are so cringy--worse than catholics sometimes.

Polycarp 17:1
But the jealous and envious Evil One, the adversary of the family of the righteous, having seen the greatness of his martyrdom and his blameless life from the beginning, and how he was crowned with the crown of immortality and had won a reward which none could gainsay, managed that not even his poor body should be taken away by us, although many desired to do this and to touch his holy flesh.

Polycarp 17:2
So he put forward Nicetes, the father of Herod and brother of Alce, to plead with the magistrate not to give up his body, 'lest,' so it was said, 'they should abandon the crucified one and begin to worship this man'--this being done at the instigation and urgent entreaty of the Jews, who also watched when we were about to take it from the fire, not knowing that it will be impossible for us either to forsake at any time the Christ who suffered for the salvation of the whole world of those that are saved--suffered though faultless for sinners--nor to worship any other.

Why?

>why did they worship Polycarp's bones?
classic, not even early christian's listen to God

Ikr. It's like everyone turn apostate until the Reformers come along.

> The Orthodox stressed the role played by the icon in our salvation. Man was created in the image of God (Gen. 1:26, 27) but allowed that image, and with it the world, to be corrupted. God assumed a fully human nature without ceasing to be fully God and thereby restored the image - not just ethically, through His teachings, but in His whole person, as is proven by His bodily resurrection. An icon of Christ affirms the reality of that reconciliation of the human and the divine and enables us to contemplate the person who is the model for our theosis.

>The controversy resulted in the sharpening of certain other ideas. The image is equivalent to Scripture as a revelation of the truth. The image bears witness to the sanctification of the matter by the Incarnation. A valid image is one that is faithful to its prototype.

> This last point is illustrated by the history of Byzantine art. Fidelity to a sacred prototype means fidelity to a transfigured reality, and this fact rules out "photographic" realism, which would merely reproduce the likeness of the world in a state of corruption. Only in the ascetic and liturgical life of the Church is the world transfigured, and only in the iconographic tradition of the Church can one find the visual formulas appropriate to that higher reality.

goarch.org/ourfaith/ourfaith8025

Papists can't even dispute this

Luke 11:27-28

As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said, “Blessed is the womb that bore You, and blessed are the breasts that nursed You.”

But He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

But why this?

Miryam is a whore married to a cuckold and Yeshua is the offspring of the cuckoldry.

veneraton = /= adoration

Educate yourself my friend.

I struggle to respect protestant religion. It just doesn't seem well-established and it's churches seem to follow the trends of society in a desperate attempt to cling to some degree of relevancy. The Church of England is a complete joke to me and it seems impossible for something so mutable to founded on strength of faith. Catholicism is guilty of the same though it seems, it seems to be desperately clinging to its Latin-American and other followers around the world and again seems weak to me. I just feel a slightly stronger pull to it because of its more established history.

I've been meaning to go to church for a a few years now after a particular experience that made me reconsider my position. It helped me understand what value people are finding in their religion and I've desired it since.

Christian religions all seem to be faltering in their weakness and I can't see them as a source of strength because of it.

From the same chapter,

17 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.

Why is the protestant kingdom so divided?

...or was this Ishtar just a prefigurement of the glory of Mary sent back through times as ripples in the unconscious of humanity? It wasn't until Christ that the true holiness was revealed.

>Why is the protestant kingdom so divided?
there is no such thing as a protestant religion it only means being anti catholic

Kneeling = kneeling

For a vessel of Satan you're not particularly convincing

SanDNIGGERS OUT

It seems to keep fracturing and fracturing.

But why is the protestants all divided?

>why is the protestants all divided?
being opposed to something does not make you united with each other

This conversation is over.
May God have mercy upon your soul.

So christians are not united and hence fall?

Funny then that Protestants have become such good goys, isn't it?

off course Christianity is falling look around you, i mean there is probably i 50/50 chance of Christ returning in the next 60 years

If you're gonna be a dumbass following a kike construct at least pick something that isn't current year tier (protestant) or puts Mary pussy on a pedestal (progressive pope Catholicism).

AKA go Greek or Russian Orthodox

i don't think you understand there is no such thing as the protestant religion being protestant means being anti catholic

Then all the Christians are false?

not all but a good chunk

I think we both are aware how inexcusable your cult is. Idolatry is idolatry no matter what you pretend to call it.

How do you know?

even coons know its wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=Vk2eIaQ5LTU

Is idolatry?

I understand, it's an umbrella term and I was using it in that way.

because Christianity is declining

He is doing that to avoid the fact that his kingdom is divided and that will fall

Stop this divisive bullshit, kike.

But where is the true christian?

Inaccurate

Bowing down to graven images is idolatry. You might notice that as a result Christian churches don't have crucifixes in them, just the bare cross.

It doesn't matter when in your belief, God adbandoned christians for centuries. He made it such that no one even knows the truth. Until luther, Calvin and Anabaptists come along

And they are all contradictory to each other

That is not the question. The question is whether the actions of the early Christians are idolatrous or not as recorded in the Martydom of Polycarp

is this idolatry?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fst41iLDUEY

But why did jesus break his promise?

If protestants are all true, God is a liar

what are you talking about the sermon is about being fundementalist

I'm willing to accept the Catholicism is wrong, I've always understood many of the criticisms, but I feel like the lack of unity is a great risk when religiosity is already on the decline and Islam is threatening to fill the void.

As I said earlier I'm not really sure Catholicism is the answer but I feel like there's no hope in Protestant religion, at least not here.

Also the same shit. If Fundies are true, God is a liar

You seriously need to ask whether worshipping corpse of a man instead of God is idolatry or not?

How about you just follow the truth, instead of picking which denomination is the biggest or fanciest or the most 'based'.

So it is? Why are they so idolatrous? Those early christians

Therein lies the roots of Catholicism undoubtedly.

But why are they idolatrous? All the church fathers themselves all contradict protestant

>Worship dead body
>But why are they idolatrous?

The church fathers went against the teachings of Yeshua and his apostles.

If you are a low IQ retard who believes in any organized religion you are not needed or wanted. All of it should be completely disregarded by anyone with above mean nigger IQ. Sorry you're afraid of death and need to believe in something any rational person would within 5 minutes is completely untrue.

Religion is a complete fucking cancer of society. Not saying there isn't more out there, but it's beyond understanding, not in some bullshit book. Try taking LSD and DMT to realize your entire worldview is full of shit you fucking retard. But it would probably destroy you since you've been brainwashed by your parents or whoever the fuck else to believe in obvious bullshit. I feel sorry for you honestly.

You don't believe the statue is actually the divine thing itself though.

But I guess you can just ignore nuance like those books in the bible you don't like.

But he said that not even hades will destroy his church

>his church
his church is not a physical organisation

>You don't believe the statue is actually the divine thing itself though.
You do.