Caffeine decreases the brain's blood flow by 27% on average

>Caffeine decreases the brain's blood flow by 27% on average
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19219847

Coffee has some antioxidants for the brain but it's not like you couldn't get those without the caffeine from another plant source.

Is coffee really a Sup Forums drink? Are we going to turn into starbuck nu males if we continue drinking it?

Other urls found in this thread:

payrollservices.expertmarket.co.uk/worlds-most-productive-countries
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656292/
quora.com/Are-there-any-permanent-effects-of-caffeine-intake-on-brain-structure-or-function
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tea has caffeine
>cant drink tea

hmm
*sips coffee*
I dunno my man

Tea lowers testosterone

I drink my own piss

About a half from coffee

just drink water

>Are we going to turn into starbuck nu males if we continue drinking it?
Not as long as you brew your own coffee

Ah, so coffee is bad for the brain huh?
Makes one wonder why legions of programmers are fueled by coffee each day.
And why the Netherlands, who are some of the largest coffee drinkers in the world, are also one of the most productive countries. And also one of the most efficient, because we work way less hours than the global average.

>And also one of the most efficient, because we work way less hours than the global average.
My God could you suck your own country's dick any harder.

You're just jelly cause you gotta work so much.
payrollservices.expertmarket.co.uk/worlds-most-productive-countries

>low use 45 mg
>mean use 405
>high use 950

a single cup of coffee is under 100. instant coffee is under 75 mg of coffee.

whoever they used for this study is fucking insane. over 9 cups of coffee a day for their high users and over 4 for the average?

i drink up to 3 cups a day and 3 feels terrible.

Well I use caffeiene to give myself energy and focus. What alternative can I use? It's healthier than amphetamines which would give me the desired effect as well.

Coffee is normie fuel. I drink it and become a productive good goy all day, before I slither back into my pit of chronic masturbation, shitposting and debauchery.

Wow OP is right and its not some bullshit
Thanks OP
With what?
According to the study low users are the worst off
Blood flow to your brain will give you more energy and focus

Alternatives are eating healthy food and daily exercise. Go read gorilla mindset

I'd suggest deer piss, it tastes better

Coke is a Sup Forums drink. ;]

Filter-Man said water is bad for you too though.

coke has caffeine retard

>Go read gorilla mindset
It's a handholding book written by insecure man. Read the way of man.

finnish consume more coffee per capita than anyone else in the world. Could this explain why our memes are so retarded?

Neuroscience student here.
Blood flow doesnt mean you are supposed to be more productive or inteligent,regard certain levels, adenosine is what fuels your focusing and.memory. If you take stimulants it produces more. Your brain and body has a feedback to prevent overdosing or dying or malfunctioning,the decreasing of the bloodflow is to prevent that you behave like a 5 year kid with his first cup of coffe( afterwards the feel like shit becouse their brain has taken damage)
Although this blood flow decreasing can produce side effects at a long term
>including dementia and basic brain malfunctioning
I used to be a social smoker and coffe junk until I started studying this shit. Literally scare the fuck out of me
If you got any questions,feel free to ask
>yes marihuana is the most degenerate drug after ecstasis(for the brain) but the consume of Cannabidiol, not tetrahidrurocannabidiol , is not that bad as an analgesic or ansiolithic
>by the way Op,you won my internets for mentioning the only base for science and psychology besides psychodoc and psychinfo

>the way of man
Why would i read a 100year old book,
GM cites actual scientific studies

>Written by a insecure man
This is not how you argue dude

are you retarded or something

>Our results suggest a limited ability of the cerebrovascular adenosine system to compensate for high amounts of daily caffeine use.

Is 3 cups of coffee a day too much? I take it black, just like I take my dicks

>Why would i read a 100year old book,

Is it worth buying vitamin and mineral supplements?
Or does it not absorb

Any actual good nootropics?

You didnt understand my argument.
Why would I read a 100year old book when i read the book for actual things that provably work.
You should read the most recent one

> Giving a shit anymore.
I'm up all night worrying and thinking of how life could have been if my ex hadn't miscarried.

I'm not about to give up coffee and cigarettes. They keep me sane.

pls explain why pot is bad for brain

>the way of men

I read some excerpts and I didn't hate it. I really liked "Violence is Golden" but I can't get over the fact Jack Donovan is a fag LARPing as some pagan savage in the woods with other swole dudes. Shit's gay.

That might be true, but you aren't just drinking coffee. At an apple and you are back at 100%, eat 2 organic apples and you are at 150% blood flow.

seconding

I drink around 5 cups a day.
I know a lot of people that have around 10 cups.

>no studies on users that drink 2000mg+ a day
they don't want you to know that drinking 20 cups of coffee a day makes you a super human

the moment i stop drinking i start to feel like a nap

If I am DEADSET on having one cup of coffee every morning so that I can wake up, and take a shit, before work in a reasonable amount of time, then what can I do to combat the side effects? Any other supplements I could look in to? Any other coffee like substitutes I could use in the morning for a jolt up?

>captcha: choose tea

Cheeky ass captcha eh

Coffee is just fine, don't try to be too smart, else you might get fired.

>starbucks
>pumpkin spice latte
>coffee

>tfw to smart too drink coffee

heh

can't jerk off cant drink drinks can't smoke pot

can't fuck hot teenagers who are also famous

Yeah thats what I figure is coffee is just fine, like anything, moderation

I drink about 6 cups a day with 3 scoops of instant coffee each time.

will I die?

>Instant coffee
Yes, from disgust

>mfw never fallen for the caffeinated jew

I know...

fuck I hate my life...

if you stop drink coffee for a week everything gets back to normal and coffee feels like its your first time drinking it.

actually this happens even if I consume less coffee just for 2 days.

If you can get it from food ,vegetables or teas is better for your bladder,liver and wallet,but certain ones as chinese shrooms and fungus function quite well, Reishi is cheap and gives you a ton of vitamins and minerals for less than 5 usd.
>minerals
Dont take them if you have mediterranean diet(as you wont absorb them) or have access to beans,tomatoes and white meat. If you have a nonfull diet take them slightly because taking too much Zinc,Iron,Calcium or so can give you a quick visit to the doctor or St Peter.
In this case they give you a shoot of serotonine that IS NEEDED, cheer up mate and do whatever you need,but I recomend reading Kyril Bonfiglioli or Woodworth(jeeves and Bonzo are good for breakups) and doing sport as will give you the same cheer up and have no side effects for your body and wallet. Cheer up Anglo user
Weed.
Anything that gives you a serotonin boost or shoot(serotonine recaptation inhibitors) fuck you up in long and short term
>why
Comment too long i will copy paste

Serotonine is whatt activates your cortex frontal,and makes your thoughts ,imagery,visual proccess so it is a very delicate item as it is corrrelated with practically all the brain.
>so?
Thc,the chemical thing the weed makes you secrete during more time serotonine when you proccess something that activates you,so a long time smoker has zones that are more"used" to big serotonine bombings and if they dont recieve it(if they are not stoned) they dont give an emotional,interesting or a shit about the value(this comes fron habituation,as all our nervous cells can increment the resistance to any substance) this can cause depression, in mid term(1 year) dementia in long term(10 years) and brain malfunctioning(memory loss in a more pprorrogued spawn)
>I know people that are fine
Yes,they are fine,because not everyone haas the same chemical tolerance,havent you see how mexicans get wasted with two liters of beer or how niggers get hiper horny with ecstasi? Race has a little role in the chemic of the brain(a really really slight one) and the enviroment and diet is the main influx. If your life is good,your brain will be sane even in some fucked up scenarios
>then whats the problem?
The side effects of thc degradated. The thc enter in conflict with the consolidation function of the hypothalamus(as it works as an aantidepressor and makes all the thing of the serotoninen mentioned before) wich makes that the brain (that is depressed after the cleaning of the thc) can consolidate the memory properly giving you a bad product of the long term memory and self consciusness or responsability
>what does this mean??
You dont dream. The Rem phase is lowered a fucking ton while smoking weed and in long term ssmokers it almost dissapears.
Weed is indeed,a hell of a druG

I tried coffee once and it tasted shitty and didnt have any effect, fuck the caffeinated jew

Coke is just sugar. Nice try though fag.

I can wake up without coffee, but its hard for me to shit before work unless I get up like over 2 hours early. Like I am right now haha.

But alright Ill give it a shot, Ill try getting up without coffee for a week

but ssri doesnt make you release more serotonin.

This,but prepare for hell
Hahaha thats a good one
The thing is why do you need coffe?
You need a boost of adenosine
>why do you need it?
Adenosine is the receptor for activation,it is the battery of the car for example. It can be damaged by an Hyperactivation(stress or anger situations) ,depression or bipolarity. If there are no previous cases in your family you might be just having a bad sleeping habit. It is also correlated with sugar and if your diet is fucked up (more than 5 times a week meat, or more than 20gr of sugar a day) it is the cause

Coffee cannot be THAT bad?

I mean I´ve stopped all other drug use, I´ve used alcohol,mdma,amphetamine,weed,cigarettes and stopped all because they seriously seem to fuck with my neurochemistry.

I mean coffee seems so mild when compared to all those i mentioned above

One of my best friends smokes two packs a day and literally constantly has coffee on hand.

He lives for art and writing.

What are the most dissuasive facts I can hit him with to get him to stop killing himself?

Yeah but I dont want to go full Carlson. It is better than explaining the work of terminal buttons,recaptation and neurotransmisors.
But you are richtig.

And also I forgot. There are not known nootropics
Healthy life,books,good feelings and sex almost daily aare the only keys to a better brain

I can personally vouch for the dream part. Regaining that ability alone was absolutely worth stopping weed. You never think about it until you have your first vivid, interesting dream after long time.

If you were ran over by a car the punch of a dindu would seem like a gentle touch
Caffeine wont harm you,but you will have an interesting old life. I would start eating healthy man :/

>This,but prepare for hell

they improved my life about more than 3000% im not kidding, life was absolute shit without them.
I was stupid as fuck, because of constant anxiety It was impossible to learn or think properly.
Its ridiculous it even prevented my allergies.

I take them for years and everything went better, mathmatics, programming, learning everything went easy.

*the backdraft is, I sweat stronger and have a little weaker blatter.

You have to go back to India my friend.

prbly something to do with fluoride being naturally absorbed by the Camellia sinensis plant.

You are talking about antidepressants dont you?
I meant coffe in that post,answering the coffe quitter. If you have serotonine problems taking aanti depressants literally saves your life

I do sleep pretty terribly at night. But that has been my entire life. There has been depression on my dads side of the family but not my imeddiate family but I also am only 3 months clean off opiates for 4 years. And did plenty of alcohol and pot before that when younger.

I am now trying to improve brain function and sleep functions and just being normal day in and day out. Any more info be appreciated user.

Do you yourself use any stimulants at all?

Coffee and chamomile tea are my only vices. Is a cup of chamomile tea per evening bad? It relaxes me immensely

>notice increase in productivity when NOT drinking the stimulant jew
>drink it anyway

I swear I get headaches for a day or two if I don't drink coffee and I'm not imagining things. Then there's the habit thing.

>Caffeine reduced CBF by an average of 27% across both caffeine states. In the abstained placebo condition, moderate and high users had similarly greater CBF than low users; but in the native placebo condition, the high users had a trend towards less CBF than the low and moderate users. Our results suggest a limited ability of the cerebrovascular adenosine system to compensate for high amounts of daily caffeine use.

Coffee drinkers are nigger tier

changed to laptop as this gets more replies
Neurospanishfag here.
I have an article over here very good that might interest you I am going to search for it.
Start doing sport like there is no tomorrow and if possible do therapy. You have a problem with hyperactivation and a big "chemical" chance to develop depression. gonna look for the info and advice, just a second

Any negative effects on the brain from tons of caffeine and nicotine(not smokes)?

Honestly don't feel like quitting, but can't hurt knowing.

>here is why my anecdotal evidence proves your peer reviewed scientific study wrong

wew

I have fall again for two cups of coffe (only short expresso ones) because I am in my finals but usually red tea and an almost no sugar diet that allows me to work like a maniac eating a toblerone

Everything has a consequence.

All the hedonic flesh pleasures have a sting to them, that outweighs the benefit.

Drink decaf

As if that would trigger shits. It's the biggest reason I drink coffee in the morning.

Oh I have definitely felt the depression man for over a year straight at one point even, pretty bad. I have been sober only about 75 days and although i feel good physically, my my brain definitely is not. I am not in danger of relapse, but just frustrated at having mood swings, up/down days, and also just not feeling all the way there at times. Shit sucks desu.

I have been doin workouts atleast 3 days a week with weights, and walking almost everyday atleast 30 to 60 minutes. That seems to help a lot. I try eat fruit and vegetable every day twice

>select images with coffee
cheeky captcha

go to the side effects of this shit, are you related with any of this?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656292/
I know it is not the case, but I think you might have a bery subtle cyclotimia(i will searc it english term) or a familiar depression chance that is affected by a parasomnia. In some phases of the sleeping we recover our natural brain strength while cleaning the "dust" generated by the day(oxidative things, adenosine,and some things that havent been checked yet) so if you sleep bad in this times you might get a shitty feeling when you wake up

i stopped drinking it months ago, never looked back. your body gets used to having coffee in the morning. only fucking degenerates would do something like that to themselves. might as well go shoot up heroin you fucking degenerate coffee drinking fucks. make me sick thinking about it this early in the morning

>tfw I REGULARLY GET HIGH AS FUCK AND MASTURBATE WITH AN ONHAHOLE

how fucked is my brain?

Wait so is coffee bad or isn't it?

be a man and make up your own fucking mind.

and this is why i drink tea

If you abstain from caffeine altogether there's a better chance you might make it to the toilet before you have to go.

DEATH is certain. No need to fear.

caffeine is mentioned up, and if you are interested in more data check this out quora.com/Are-there-any-permanent-effects-of-caffeine-intake-on-brain-structure-or-function
>Nicotine
Yes. But it is more in the conductual side.
While not doing a shit but changing the receptor COA(wich makes you activate in a non Scientific way) you just depend of it to get a boost, if you can play with that is not a problem
Conductually is a shit because you are prived of a system without a enhacer that is tobacco,

It's actually pretty redpilled if you'd believe it.

I mostly drink coffee as a social thing since declining it is nearly rude around here. It's also useful for when you need a quick break from work but it's not really time for official break yet.

But medfag dude, long addiction to coffee makes you more inclined to dementia and older mental diseases? Cause that shit I would probably rather pull the trigger than deal with that shit when getting old.

(changed to laptop)
It is good if you drink a cup/two cup a day or less depending on your health/brain/body.
Also, we are talking about black solo coffe(maybe with a tiny spoon of sugar) of 15/12 cl. Drinking a starbucks coffee, american coffe or that supersize tier is like debating about if meat is bad or good for your health and you try to say that a Kebab of Roachistan can be healthy.
Btw, never ever eat kebab.
>why?
Look for PRIONS, VIRUS and KEBAB MEAT

Pour hot water on the tea, wait a minute or so, throw it out pour it again.
Less/no caffeine tea is done.

Peo/pol/ I am going to eat,be back in 15inutes

So achmed, can you afford pic related or would you like to quit drinking coffee?

>the brain strives to return to its normal function while under "attack" from caffeine by up-regulating, or creating more adenosine receptors. But regular caffeine use has also been shown to decrease receptors for norepinephrine, a hormone akin to adrenaline, along with serotonin, a mood enhancer. At the same time, your body can see a 65 percent increase in receptors for GABA, a compound that does many things, including regulate muscle tone and neuron firing
I have no idea whether any of this is good or bad. I'm sorry if you've already explained it, but I've read all your posts and I'm not getting it. I'm not gonna ask you to explain all the mechanisms again, but what would the implications of heavy usage be roughly speaking?
> you just depend of it to get a boost, if you can play with that is not a problem
Ah, good.

>no kebab
surely you jest?

Breaking NEWS! Taking drugs affects your brains. Also, in other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

It states the caffeine amount. Right there. On the can.

and it's what, 1/100th of a cup of coffee?

How dare people be curious how and why.
So how does jerking off vs sex fit in w/ this if at all

all tea has fluoride from the plant

wow, i need a moment to think

Coffee protests against Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Eat a dick OP