Backwards flag?

Why is the US Flag backwards on uniforms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QvWt0nF1EmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MwNUMM4iRb0
youtube.com/watch?v=v-N0ckzU1mI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=QvWt0nF1EmQ

Army fag here

In the US military when the flag is worn on the right the field is on the right to make it look as though it's being blown back by the wind, signifying that we move forward.

Hell yeah.

SHOO SHOO FOUL LEAF, BEGONE

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

This applies to cars, busses, planes, trains, etc.

BEcause that is how the flag blows when you're charging forwards. You'll find that with pretty much every flag on a uniform or vehicle

The flag is supposed to face the same direction as if it were blowing in the wind .

The US flag always flies stars first because nothing can stop us.

Unlike the Canadian flag which is symmetric to aid retreat.

Kek
Name one instance of Canadian Militarily retreating.

Canadians militarily*

Won't fight isis

If you kill your enemies they win

Muslim rapefugees being house in Canadian army barracks

I can't believe normalfags don't know this.

Nah just admit you guys fucked up

this
>oh shit cletus I think dem dere flag is backwards
>aw shucks just let it be. now lets go shoot some niggers, yeehaw!

And it's backwards because it would give the appearance the wind is pushing against the soldier - Ie the soldier is always moving forward.

America > Always moving forward.

That's not retreating.
Rrtreating is giveing up after a fight began.

Why should we fight ISIS. Burgers went to all that trouble to fund and arm them.

>leaf

cant wait till joot range bans you faggots forever

what if it's not windy?

checkmate gaytheist

Market Garden

Yes, it was made by an affirmative action hire and our helmets are made by prison inmates and our uniforms are made by blind people.

Only one of those statements is false, and it is the first one.

>leaf thinks hes anything but a second hand burger

kek

I actully have duel citizenship so am and a Leaf burger i gusse. Or mayple patty idgaf

Dieppe ?

Muslim rapefugees have been housed in US army barracks since the Gulf war. Canada isn't half as cucked as america is sorry.

This isn't the case in the Marine Corps. They flag is displayed properly with stars on the left. Every service has their own dumb thing.

>implying your ""country"" isn't a cheap chinese knock off of the USA

Stay in your side you leaf parasite.

So the flag is isn't facing away, it is always pointed towards the enemy. Never Retreat typa stuff.

Why is the flag backwards when I look at it from behind?

You create wind when you charge forward.

DAY OF RAKE

oh really?

308,571 1,080,000 694,288 0.001c Approaching velocity of Andromeda Galaxy to our galaxy.
440,000 1,600,000 980,000 0.0015c Typical speed of the stepped leader of lightning (cf. return stroke below).[20]

>I was a wind wizard this entire time

Really makes you think

Why isn't his flag camouflage color?

That's the coolest explanation for a clerical error I've ever heard. I bet French people get it immediately.

>you create wind when you move forward
This sounds so stupid. They Army'a explanation for doing this is bizarrely dumb. They really should just have the flag displayed properly and not with the pretendy wind.

Confirmation that Brits haven't been relevant since the age of sail.

A FUCKING LEAF

The blue field will always face the direction you are moving towards.

go get knocked out trudeau.

thats because greasy american food makes you fart haha

Because people buy different colored patches and some units don't require a specific one.

These colors don't run. We are too fat to run.

Cheers matey always wondered this.

What if the wind is at your back and blowing the flag in front if you?

Checkmate, atheists.

In all seriousness it's dumb and you should do it the Marine Corps way, aka the right way.

So if it is seen on mirrors, it would be the right way

DELETE THIS

and that's why we hold the land speed record , overall, steam powered, wind AND tracked?

Also resting the flag on your shoulder is probably the gayest thing you can do. How much of a pussy do you have to be to not hold the flag?

gayest shit i've read all day

As my drill instructor told me.

"PVTs! THE FLAG IS NOT BACKWARDS! IT IS POSITIONED TO SIGNIFY THAT IT IS BEING FLOWN INTO BATTLE!"

another memorable quote

"After you stab your bayonet into the enemies heart, spit Copenhagen in his cold dead eye"

The Marine Corps doesn't wear flag patch on their right shoulder to begin with. The reason why it's the correct way is because if they wear one it would be on the plate carrier.

>Making your flag hard to see from a distance
Completely defeats the purpose. What are you some kind of pussy? Scared to fly your colors??

The Army uses camouflage patches when they deploy overseas you fucking dip.

You're correct. We don't because we don't want to display the fucking colors in direct contradiction to the US flag code.

I don't think I've ever seen the flag displayed on a vehicle either in this manner with the Navy or Marine Corps. I know they have it on AF planes and some Army vehicles. It just looks silly imo.

>Market Garden

No. Engineers only, after the event

>Dieppe ?
That wasn't a retreat. that was just a flat out disaster.

>implying you did not just fuck up a set of uniforms oneday and made up that lie to not seem stupid.

infantry guard fag who recently deployed here

overseas we wore a subdued od green flag. state side we wear the traditional one with gold around it.

Yeah we wouldn't want to display the flag overseas because it might offend the natives. Fucking liberals

Because it signifies a charge. If it was reversed, it would mean retreat.

It shows which direction they are going. Every army does this, but some flags are reversable. One of those old rules of war things.

You're being deliberately thick. When you run forward there is wind resistance against the air. This is why your hair, or a flag on your shoulder, is blown back.

On top of that, of course wind is generated by running. How do you suggest you can feel someone run past you, it's their "psychic waves"? No. It's fucking wind, idiot.

Those are IR flags, they're reflective in infrared to help ID allies.

Huh. That's actually a sound explanation.

That's because it's the correct answer

>SF wizards inbound

It's not "backwards"

US Flag code dictates all flags be flown with the Union (Blue Square with stars) facing forward

When places on the Left sleeve the flag is "normal" looking because the union is on the observers left
But when on the right sleeve it looks "backward" because it is on the observers right.

However it is correct because the flag is oriented to the forward position of it's mount, not the observer.

The same standard goes for Naval vessels as well

thats harold, hes a ditz.

underrated post

Enjoy your poutine while you can leaf! It comes.

The stars and stripes always face forward.
It's suppose to signify the flag moving forward into battle.

>coming from a britbong

Shit, they talk a big game in the 25th Janitorial Battalion.

I don't think strapping a jet engine to a car makes you relevant, Ahmed. At best it makes you an episode of Jackass.

No it's pretty fucking gay, considering you faggots piss yourselves and cry in combat.

>being buttblasted 240 years later

youtube.com/watch?v=MwNUMM4iRb0
Pathetic.

It is a double sided flag.

kek, 7/10

oh yeah? well, if that doesn't impress you. I'll have you know we hold the 2nd place all time record for human powered submarines(one person, non-propeller)

whatcha got to say about THAT? faggot

You have to read it like a Japanese comic book

>I was just pretending to be retarded

ITT: frogs going everywhere because white flag shows no direction

They gotta go fast

The wind isn't very pretendy when it carries democracy to the underprivileged. Ask the Comanches.

This is true senpai

dude, I appreciate the jealous. I know it's hard to come to terms with your piss poor performance in underwater submarines(sone person, no propeller)

I'm sure you'll get there bro, into the big league

don't give up

aah, that wonderful democracy which gives idiots and women the same control over society as the clever

But what if the wind blows from the back?

Why is the Canadian flag backwards? Just admit you got it wrong.

we pissed ourselves laughing when we watched you twats twaddle after yorktown.

this should help remember:
youtube.com/watch?v=v-N0ckzU1mI

nah, the kind that irradiates your garden for the next thousand years nowdays. DU, gift that keeps on giving.

It looks right when talibans hang them upside down.

It means we like to take it up the ass from zionists

word pepe

Then you're not running fast enough

So you know they're army guys when you look in your rear view mirror

Like how AMBULANCE is backwards on ambulances

holy shit,

All he did was ask a reasonable question. Don't hate based on meme it makes you a retard.