The cutoff for mental retardation used to be 85, but it was lowered to 70. Why?

The cutoff for mental retardation used to be 85, but it was lowered to 70. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

hrw.org/reports/2001/ustat/ustat0301-01.htm#P237_32309
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IQ, I mean.

Iq is a labbel.

you are stupid.

keep labbeling you stupid fuck.

Let ppl tell you what to do.

blacks

Blacks

85 IQ are fairly capable of functioning in modern society and (in criminal cases) are smart enough to understand the concepts of right and wrong and crime and punishment, and are only one standard deviation away from the average. IIRC the cutoff was always 70 so I'm going to need some sauce.

>USA would be renamed URA

Mass Immigration.

blacks

>mexico

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

>mfw 110 iq

/thread

niggers

Lol this spic can't even spell.

It was changed after a fuckload of retarded shitskins flooded in post 1965.

anyone under 120 shouldn't even have voting rights tbqh

Sounds like he needs a Spic and Spell

>be shitskin whose parents came in the 70s
>IQ 140, smarter than all the gringos at school
>voted for Bernie, stayed home and jerked off on November 8th

Where's your god now?

iq is a terrible way to measure intelligence because it only measures pattern recognition, which is a small sliver of human intelligence

you could have a dumbass and a genius, put them both in the woods, if the dumbass knows how to make fire and find game and the genius has no survival skills, then whos the intelligent one really?

>Be white whose parents were natural citizens
>IQ 160, smarter than all Mexicans on planet Earth
>Voted for Trump, made $190,000 this year, and can't wait for shitskins to be deported

Where is your god now?

>took an online test that gives everyone +120
>thinks he's brilliant

>Mexican intellectuals

Case and point.

>why?

Less people on disability the better.

If you're going to make shit up at least say you're a millionaire, yanqui scum/

Actually a psychological evaluation where they also told me I had avoidant personality disorder

>MFW I'm the only one in this thread who would admit they have a average IQ of 100 and happy.

At least I have the excuse that I had seizures till I was 15. Kinda hard to learn shit when my brain was malfunctioing twice a day and in the special kid classes they literally just focused on shoving me along to the next grade.

In 1959, the American Association on Mental Deficiency set 85 as the I.Q. below which a person was considered to be retarded.*(14) In 1992, the renamed American Association on Mental Retardation lowered the mental retardation "ceiling" to an I.Q. of 70-75*(15)

14 See Biasini, "Mental Retardation." See also R.C. Sheerenberger, A History of Mental Retardation (Baltimore: Brookes Publishing Co., 1983) .

15 American Association on Mental Retardation, Mental retardation: Definition, classification, and systems of supports (Washington, D.C.: American Association on Mental Retardation, 1992).

hrw.org/reports/2001/ustat/ustat0301-01.htm#P237_32309

A different retard group lowered it in the 1970s due to blacks, I can't find the name of it though.

It's case *in* point you gringo faggot.

To avoid having to admit that a certain race is objectively of less value than whites, lad

i agree, even if we could devise a perfect way to measure overall intelligence it still doesnt demonstrate value. there's tons of high iq autists and neets that sit at home playing vidya and collecting neet bux from the government.

where as the low iq black guy is spreading his genes. and the low iq mexican is building this country.

but that genius iq autist will still shout "muh master race"

"The civil rights movement of the next decade forced psychologists to rethink this boundary, because half the African American population fell below it. In 1973, responding to this concern, AAMD (by then AAMR) changed the threshold for retardation from IQ < 85 to IQ < 70. "

Found it. It was the same group, they just changed the name.