Well Sup Forums?

Well Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/theZenCorner/status/809569272124932098
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not an argument

Crucifixion is like painful or something idk I'm a millennial. Fucking DAWKINS though, amirite? LOVE that guy, haha. What's your reddit handle?

>letting some ancient fag distorted by jew historical revision guide your life

Christians are the biggest cucks of them all

t. a guy who never read the bible

Daily reminder Prometheus suffered on the mount everyday

Maybe if he had been shot execution-style in the back of his head, but the dude was crucified

>I have no understanding of the bible but allow me to interpret it for you

t. Every athiest on the internet.

Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.

I... Never thought of it that way, I mean, he DIED, but then, he came back, like "Jokes on you! I had a second life! Now im strong enough to move bolders! Fucking jews!"

When people say things like this, I wonder if it's even worth responding because they make it apparent how little they actually care,

However, I'll give OP the benefit of the doubt and explain. It was the act of being crucified that was central to our salvation. Not the fact that Jesus was dead. He suffered the punishment that the sinners deserve, and, in doing so, made it so we may receive salvation by accepting him and his sacrifice.

Also, please don't try to pass off pseudo-intellectual plebbit bullshit as thought-provoking. Just don't.

>be jesus
>live sinless life
>voluntarily give up life, refusing aid from God in his final human hours
>dies for your sins
>raises from the FUCKING DEAD
>defeats satan, makes a way for people to go to heaven
what part of "took on the sins of the world" don't you understand?

Jesus's life and death on the cross, and eventual resurrection is a holistic act of justification and completion.

Essentially, God walked, talked, and died as a man, as we all do. It was not something he had to bear, but he did anyway. Christ cannot be bound by death, and proved it when he was resurrected.

Does it make it worthless? Absolutely not. The resurrection is the only reason his death means anything.

wow really made my almonds tingle ,and this is totally politics and current events related.

fucking dumbass shitlord.

According to Christian theology, all beings are immortal. If you want to tip your hat, at least go full Hume and stop with the fedora shit.

Well, OP? It won't suck itself, get on your knees.

>defeats satan
Apparently not...

>0
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
twitter.com/theZenCorner/status/809569272124932098

>Jesus didn't come back to life
>Doesn't that make the whole being god thing kinda worthless?

People often find what they're looking for, I guess.

It made more sense in Ascension of Isaiah. Blame Mark.

Christ's resurrection conquered and destroyed death itself so that there is no longer any separation from God.

"for through Him that was incarnate of thee is Hades despoiled, Adam is recalled from the dead, the curse is made void, Eve is set free, death is slain, and we are endowed with life"

>Christcunt damage control
disappointing

Prove to me that God isn't real

And I will prove to you how much of a faggot you are OP.

God, are you there??

[No Reply]
boom, proven, god = not real and OP = fag, there you go cooperation

Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.

If God is a Man, how do you kill God?
He was either not really killed or he is not God.

thats my boy

The niggaz the son of God, shit, fuck off.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it says he comes back to this Earth, not is a zombie.

I know why Jesus had to be murdered, and I find solace in that. Whether or not he was real (I think he was) doesn't really matter either. His story matters.

If Jesus's father was God
Why didn't his father give him a cellphone to snapchat so it can be recorded for today

Well Christians, defend yourself!

Except Jesus didn't resurrect and then continue about his day. He resurrected to return to the kingdom of Heaven. Shit's not that complicated. It's exactly the same thing Christians say happens to them when they say they will have ever lasting life in Heaven.

God is man like your child is you. You made your child in the likeness of you, and he reflects on you, if he completely neglected the the ideals you instilled in him, would he still be your son, would his actions still reflect you (i.e. if you killed God and his teachings in us, would you still be of God)...poor analogy but something along those lines.

>He suffered the punishment that the sinners deserve
y tho

The human side of Jesus died. His divine nature couldn't die a permanent, bodily death. He didn't 'come back to life' and keep living as a human.

>MFW 21st century atheists on Reddit think they've stumbled upon some sort of mind-blowing theological gotcha moment

The correct answer is that Jesus is not God but a prophet.

This, sandniggers (that were even sandier 2000 years ago) invented Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

White people clinging on to Christianity as a relic of white identity is as pathetic as weeaboos claiming Shintoism.

Christianity was only ever good because of whites, not the other way around. If we had kept our pagan ways we would have been just as great. The fall of Rome happened shortly after they adopted Christianity and its Golden Age was when they worshiped Zeus.

>The human side of Jesus died.
How can the death of a human be enough to forgive the whole world of sin?

Wrong. The Old Testament claims that we are all ourselves God. Jesus used that scripture to btfo of his accusers (scribes and pharisees).

because we made up some dumbass rules in our book

Because a human sinned. A human had to die. But not any human, Adam was supposed to be perfect, so a perfect human had to die. Jesus is king in heaven now

t. Euphoric

He wont be coming back to life. At least not according to the whole bible

>Because a human sinned.
Only God can forgive. The death of a man only in Jesus is not a divine act.

the moon?

>t. delusional bible lover
Kek

If Jesus is fucking immortal in a comfy spot in heaven and you still have to repent for your sins, doesn't that make "he died for your sins" kind of worthless?

Not defending how fucking retarded it is, but in the context of Christianity before Christ, the dead basically float around miserable in purgatory except epic Saint types like Noah and Moses and shit. The everyman was doomed to literal death akin to the hades mythology and at worst, punished by God if he was a particular asshole in something akin to hell.

Along comes Jesus and suddenly everyone looks under their seats and gets an Immortal Soul *some conditions apply

Your opinion doesn't mesh with my opinion

>t. U.R.Delusional II

People died a lot worse than Jesus did. Like that one guy from Mexico, you know the one. The one where his face was peeled off. Whose sins did he die for? He faced a much worse death than Jesus.

Amiright?

like any good jew, jesus was the master at finding loop holes and cheating his own god.

Ah, right.

>everyone looks under their seats and gets an Immortal Soul
fucking lol

My opinion is better than yours

>t. Delusion 3: The desiccation post

MOAR

This Jesus fellow's sacrifice is supposed to be his own life, and the suffering that came along with it, to symbolically represent the absolution of the sins of all mankind. It's a cute fairy tale with smashing characters and a moral to the story. It's very similar to tales of heroes of the past, except that people believe it really happened still. Anyway, the symbolic suffering already taking place, rebirth is irrelevant. it's simply there to instill a sense of divinity into the character. Since this "god" character is so elusive, the creators of Christianity sought to give it an edge judaism didn't have by giving religion a more "human" feel, implying a more intimate connection with the sky fairy.

Not an argument

kek approves of this thinking. Why worship some distant jew when kek will give you digits and happening, right here right now.

Cuckstianity is fucking retarded

The Book of Genesis says the sky is a second ocean

i mean they both have about the same probability of actually existing

Where do I get an extra character?

right after the first green pipe

Sky=outer space

We will explore the stars like we did with ocean voyages

>The Book of Genesis says the sky is a second ocean
I don't think you understand how language works, especially over 2000 years ago.
The sky is LIKE an ocean, the atmosphere sits on the earth as if it were an ocean of air.

>from the waters which were above the firmament
sounds a lot like clouds to me

He didn't really "come back to life," at least that's how I always interpreted it. The Holy Spirit was him, but in spirit form. Jesus ghost, if you will.

Oy vey Christians don't forget to love your neighbor and turning the other cheek when he does wrong

Only he who is without sin is allowed to cast the first stone

Not an argument

t. every christian on the internet

this thread fucking sucks. Religion is too stupid for debate.

>Genesis 1:7 "So God made the dome and separated the waters that were under the dome from the waters that were above the dome. And it was so."
>lol it says LIKE an ocean guys

It's explicitly stated there was one big ocean and the ocean we have now is some of it with the rest of it up in the sky, there is no like about it.
Also it calls Earth a dome.

>Religion is too stupid for debate.
Christians are too stupid desu.
Islam is watertight.

>why isn't the bible give scientific descriptions user!?
This is literally your argument and it is self-terminating.

I hope that's a troll.

FIght me.

Not an argument. God created diseases that are many times worse than crucifixion. Jesus got off easy and he's coming back to life. What exactly was sacrificed?

>/u/gellis12

You have to go back

I'm sorry. How is that self-terminating? It's literally the text christfags hold sacred, and that's literally what it says. It's just plain wrong. It's incorrect. This is errant information. Why do christfags just kinda look past the glaring errors and assume the rest of it is ok?

Ha! Are you muslim?

How is it that this god fellow is still seen as merciful when AIDS, cancer, ALS or any number of other bullshit exists?

>Why do christfags just kinda look past the glaring errors and assume the rest of it is ok?
It contains partial truth. They cannot through it all out. Besides, the bible is like 'God's greatest hits', it doesn't have to all make sense for the underlying message to still be true.

I am whatever I am.

If the collective sins of humanity kept Christ dead for 3 days 2000 years ago, how long would he be dead for if he had died for our collective Sins today?

>using reddit
>on /r/neckbeards

Shintoism is pretty cool though, respect your elders and respect nature, ritual cleanliness and following tradition

Moby Dick and Great Expectations contain partial truths, too. Any text on earth contains partial truths, and if any other text was subjected to the scrutiny of the bible, and with such ridiculous reverence, a religion could be brought up around that as well. See scientology. An old book doesn't impress me. It's thousands of years of writings compiled from tens of thousands of years of stories passed down by word of mouth. The tales may have a relevant moral or two, some are simply erroneously interpreted as such, as culture in those times was quite different from ours, yet everyone takes things in current-times context.

Islam was the scientology of the seventh century.

>Moby Dick and Great Expectations contain partial truths, too.
They do not relate to divine revelation from God. If you wanted to try and find it, the bible is one such effort. The Quran even claims to be perfect revelation.

It is hard to prove that define revelation is possible, but the argument follows that if there is a physical need these are the discourses available. Theology is the field of find truth from it.

Why do people attack this religion when it is about living your life well, treating others with kindness, and just basically being an all around good person?
If you don't like it, just ignore it. At least it's not like Islam where ignoring it will end up with you being decapitated. Ignoring this just means you won't pray.

Considering He went to Hell?
No.

>It's very similar to tales of heroes of the past

Hahahahahahahahaha no. What's central to the story of Christ and what separates Christianity from other religions based around heroic figures is the fact Christ selflessly and willingly gave up his mortality for all of mankind, so they may embrace salvation, no strings attached. The twelve armed elephant headed pagan god of bukibukistan happens to have never done such a thing.

I won't claim to be a biblical scholar, I literally read the whole damn thing, along with all the footnotes. (only once)

Unless I'm mistaken, at no point does god actually interact with people. God's own divine revelation somehow sneaks in through the pens of ...well, who knows, really? The first five may have been Solomon. Some of them, like John of Revelation fame, was probably mad or had lead poisoning or something.

Christianity is just silly. Islam is dangerous.

>at no point does god actually interact with people

Then why the fuck did Moses go to the top of mount Sinai?

He was resurrected in spirit, faggot nigger

None of the old stories are exactly the same, but there are some similar ones. Some of them even use an altruistic main character.

to burn some dank bush nigga

Do drop acid, get away from a bunch of bitchy jews and come up with a story that ignorant, suggestible masses would buy. You assume the exodus happened and that moses was a real person.

If Jesus "came back to life" then that means he died once.

how many times do you need to die?

>None of the old stories are exactly the same, but there are some similar ones

And this is why Joseph Campbell was a faggot.

>Some of them even use an altruistic main character.

Yes, but Publius Decius Mus didn't endure hell fire to save the eternal souls of all mankind.

So you all forget jesus suffered in Hell for those three days? Thats is an eternity in hell