When will the US convert to metric?

My fellow Amerifags, why hasn't the general populace embraced the metric system yet?
>Almost every other country on the planet uses it
>It's way simpler to learn
>It's taught in all the colleges and universities
>pretty much all formulas in science rely on it
Why have we not joined the modern age?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_highly_composite_number
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As soon as penguins start using it too.Bы ж пиндocы вce тaки.

I really hope we join the metric system. Even better if we switch to Decimal time.
>1 day
>10 hours
>100 minutes an hour
>1,000 minutes a day
>100 seconds a minute
>10,000 seconds an hour
>100,000 seconds a day
See a pattern?

Newton's suck. Lbf ft and lbf in are better. Centinewtonmeters can suck my dick.

Meters suck for machining the resolution is fucky in millimeters

Same standard bolt sizes are the most annoying shit in the world but Germans are fucking up DIN tolerances on gaging for threads causing out of tolerance conditions to still be called good to have a higher parts acceptance rate.

Fahrenheit I personally like the resolution on but centigrade doesn't bother me.

Metric Gage block sets are retarded when compared to a normal 81 piece inch set.

Us units in acceleration to me are better but it's take it out leave it.

Kilos to lbs don't care. Grams for low measurements or suck a dick. ounces can suck a dick.

which will happen first?

1) USA starts using metric
2) USA stops branding their children for the kikes by mutilating their genitals at birth

Agree with OP, I am an Engineering major in college and it would be way more convenient to make the final push. We are practically in the middle of converting already.

The world is not run in units of human digits. 10 is a shitty base. 3, 7, 12, 16, 33, and other highly useful factors are implemented in the based imperial system. The French revolution was obsessed with 10 because they were humanists and hated power numbers like 3 and 12. They wanted to make weeks 10 days too.

Everybody has 10 fingers.
Not everybody has a feet of 30,48cm.

I'm fine with it.

Except for giving up Fahrenheit for temperature. I will die before I switch to Celsius for weather reporting.

> perfect system
> computer kilobytes measurements need to be 1024 because 1000 can not be represented as a power of 2.

Only idiots can't grasp bases other than ten.

when americans can barely handle common core math what relevance does the units computers use have?

When will other countries visit the moon?

We're inching towards it.

Based sumerians came up with the 360 degree system we still used today in sciences. They had a base 60 numbering system. The numbers were tied into the Zodiac and Mesopotamian astrology.

This.

The modern world needs to start teaching kids hex.

There base was 12

Either one is a good base for a number system.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_highly_composite_number

What does 10 have? 1,10, 2 and 5. Whoopdedoo

GOT AN HO0NEST KEK

What a third of a foot? A whole number of inches (4)
What a fourth of a foot? A whole number of inches (3)
What is half a foot? A whole number of inches. (6)
What is a sixth of a foot? An integral number of inches. (2)
What is an eighth of a foot? A simple decimal inch amount. (1.5)

What is a third of a meter? 33.3333333333333333333333333333333333333.... cm
What is a fourth of a meter? 25 cm
What is half a meter? 50 cm (pretty simple I guess)
What is a sixth of a meter? 16.666666666666666666666666666666666666.... cm
What is an eighth of a foot? 12.5 cm

If you want precision in practical unit divisions, feet and inches are far superior.

This.

I decided to put together a custom metric system for fantasy roleplay (steampunk) and determined that the resolution on the units just wasnt fine enough (and being able to put things in decimals isnt good enough either).

We are humans and humans have certain ways of doing things. Like counting in whole numbers and counting on our fingers. Like it or not we have these limitations sometimes and while not prohibitive - it interferes with our effectiveness.

Personally I think we should be using
> Base12
> 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 X Y... 10

A few modifications for Metric that generally fix it are:

Set absolute zero to -700 degrees (exactly) but keep the freezing point of water at 0 degrees. This is roughly a scale of ~2.56x.

> the temperature of 100F ends up being roughly about 100 degrees on this system
> the boiling point of water ends up being roughly 256 degrees on this system.

However because its all linked together it means alot of other things get multiplied by this factor too

Now the new millimeter is roughly 0.4mm which is a pretty fine hair of measurement, the new centimeter is around 4mm and this is also a fine measurement but its easy to gauge visually much like quarter inches.

Meters come out a little more than a Foot each.

And long distance measure? no prob with having an off-unit such as x4000m.

The shittiest thing about the metric system is the distance measurement was designed based on the speed of light. Problem is later on we realized that the speed of light actually is not constant and varies every time its measured by a miniscule amount. But this affects EVERYTHING else in the system as a result.

> my face when they really should have picked something a little bit more down to earth and practical for this than that.

I think maybe the estimated average atomic width of some kind of element such as Iron would make a good basis for base measure. Like a fixed number of these widths and that determines what a Meter is.

I've already converted. It's a good way to keep ignorami at bay.

>>It's way simpler to learn
It's too easy, not challenging enough. Boring.

Oh yeah? How many seconds are in 14.34 hours? Try to refrain from using a calculator because that's cheating.

Bottom is better desu

the US is getting nuked tomorrow when Obongo Mutombo declares war

it doesnt matter at this point

the answer they told us in school was that it would take too much time/money/resources to replace everything already using US customary units

>Everybody has 10 fingers.

Did you just ASSUME my digit quantity?

Fucking white male.

But we pretty much use them anyway, all liquids are liters, almost all the industries use the metric system, the only reason we haven't completely converted is because the general public refuses to do so, even though most of them have no use for any of the other measurements other than mass and length

I would much prefer the metric system. I own a Japanese and a Russian motorcycle, using metric sockets has kinda spoiled me. It's so much easier to go, a 12mm is too big, lets try an 11. The SAE is so annoying with all the fractions and the fact that I need basically two socket sets to be able to work on them and my truck is annoying as shit.

Metric for engineering/science/technical stuff. Imperial for everyday use relative to human perception

all of the road signs across the country would need to be replaced

fuck off with your globalist kikery

Creates jobs

>They wanted to make weeks 10 days too.
That would have been way more logical

your right and it would actually be easy to simply phase in new signs but that's just what they told us in school