Was it justified?

Was it justified?

This is still something a lot of people, especially westerners debate about. I say, it was as we literally told them "stop or else".

A lot of people that so it wasn't justified say that by AZN curriculum, it is terrorism and also bring up that it's the US's fault for prolonging the war by providing (not sure if this was true or not) open trade with Germany before Pearl Harbor.

What does Sup Forums say?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall
historylearningsite.co.uk/world-war-two/the-pacific-war-1941-to-1945/operation-downfall/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
stripes.com/blogs-archive/the-rumor-doctor/the-rumor-doctor-1.104348/are-purple-hearts-from-1945-still-being-awarded-1.116756
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-234
youtube.com/watch?v=8VjeeSwcz_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

literally no one I know, including lib friends, thinks it was unjustified to drop the bombs

As far as I know, the nukes didn't even do much to end the war
The Japs thought that the USA didn't have any more nukes, which was true, and they surrendered at the threat of Soviet invasion; correct me if I'm wrong
That being said, it was basically justified, same with the internment camps, and even as a Hapa I bear no ill will to you Burgers

>fight japs all across the pacific
>notice they have this tendency to die fighting or even suicide instead of surrendering
>push them all the way back to their island
>they start stocking the beaches with women and children with rifles

Those nukes saved millions of lives.

>The Japs thought that the USA didn't have any more nukes
They thought so until we dropped the second nuke. Japanese citizens didn't even know what had happened to Hiroshima before Nagasaki was destroyed likewise, as initial reports of the bombing were a mélange of officially-circulated misinformation and propaganda.

The Japs could have surrendered at any time. THE FUCK DID THEY EXPECT?

>Whatta issu yoa neemu?
>Marcus.
>Yoa hora neemy?
>Marcus Dil -- Marcus McDilda.
>MakkuDirido?
>Close enough.
>Aru yoa makkin fun offa usso?

>Was it justified?
No, we shouldn't have been at war with Japan.

>Was it justified?
No

If you could, provide some reasoning behind your thinking, just trying to see other prospectives is all

>alternative to the nukes being dropped was Operation Downfall

That alone justifies it. Operation Downfall would have likely been worse than Stalingrad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

historylearningsite.co.uk/world-war-two/the-pacific-war-1941-to-1945/operation-downfall/

yeah, japs are pretty stubborn because >muh honor

So you saying an attack on civilians Saved lives? You hear that bin laden!

I feel we shouldn't have got involved in any theater of that war. There was no reason for us to be fighting the Japanese.
>b-but Pearl Harbor
Could have easily been avoided but the bastards running the government wanted us in the war.

That's why drones double tap today.

it's not soviet fault
blame japan and usa government for that

japan

They started preparing Kyushu for an invasion, but once Russia declared war they realized they were going to get gang banged from the east and west. Their preparations were useless. Russia joining the war did far more to end it than the bombs.

>muh gajillion rapes and murders

Look at Okinawa. Now imagine that a hundredfold. It would've been the bloodiest offensive of all time. The life cost would've been too high, potentially the only solution without nukes would be literal slaughter of civilians to minimize military loss.

>notice they have this tendency to die fighting or even suicide instead of surrendering
that's actually largely inflated by hollywood. the real reason the dead to POW ratio was so high was that US troops would execute surrendering Japs, and it was such a problem that high command issued a statement to the troops saying "stop shooting POWs please". they complied for the most part and the number of POWs increased. can you really blame them though?

wtf i think we should decriminalize rape and murder now

/thread

Would you have nuked Germany? Me thinks not. Only nuke those that look different. This was xenocide.

>would execute surrendering Japs
Only cowards surrender. Better to die a soldier than live as a coward.

Just like immigrants are doing in your country. Nuke Brussels when?

This image is always stupid to use and see. Many military advisors and scientists protested the use of the bomb because of the future consequences. The government cared so much it censored images of what happened so no one would know what the bomb really did to the people after. The government also censored and rewrote a hollywood movie at the time to fit their narrative. Trying to wank off edgy american boners doesnt change this.

not sure what is going on with your reading comprehension buddy

the post I was replying to said the Japanese often refused to surrender, which I refuted by stating that they actually did surrender often but it didn't seem like it because they often were killed before reaching the POW camps

nowhere did I mention if I think surrender is honorable or anything

sorry chink but we weren't going to throw away more American lives when we could just nuke you instead

Yes. End of story, they started the war, committed endless war crimes, and we ended the war.

Literally millions would have died on both sides without the nukes being dropped on your homeland

not to sound edgy but I really don't care, Nips are fucking disgusting

Maybe you shouldn't have started shit with a country who has better equipment than you?

An American ground invasion of Japan would have done far more damage than the nukes

You tell me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Thousands of men, women and children interred at prisoner of war camps were subjected to vivisection, often without anesthesia and usually ending with the death of the victim.[15] Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Researchers performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results.[16] The infected and vivisected prisoners included men, women, children, and infants.[17]

Prisoners had limbs amputated in order to study blood loss. Those limbs that were removed were sometimes re-attached to the opposite sides of the body. Some prisoners' limbs were frozen and amputated, while others had limbs frozen, then thawed to study the effects of the resultant untreated gangrene and rotting.

Some prisoners had their stomachs surgically removed and the esophagus reattached to the intestines. Parts of the brain, lungs, liver, etc., were removed from some prisoners.[15]

Japanese army surgeon Ken Yuasa suggests that the practice of vivisection on human subjects (mostly Chinese communists) was widespread even outside Unit 731,[6] estimating that at least 1,000 Japanese personnel were involved in the practice in mainland China.[18]

My arguement was that people cared, not about if dropping the nukes was a good idea or not. Also Im American but you two are the types of burgers who bring down the average.

Hiroshima wasn't bombarded throughout the war just to see the power of destruction of the A bomb by the end of WW2.

Nagasaki was home of the biggest community of Catholics in all of Asia prior to Fat Man. Obviously that didn't please your Jewish overlords.

Dunno. You tell me.

Yes, fuck those Japs.They commit atrocities, dared attack the US, then have the audacity to make demands after losing. I don't understand why people blame the US for this and that when it's Japan that started the war.

I regret that they didn't leapfrog right into thermonuclear bomb right away. A blast radius of 10 miles would have been more impressive.

Totally justified. The Japs would have been genocided by the Soviets had they not surrendered to us.

If it was the same situation where continuing would clearly mean huge amount of casualites for both sides? Damn right I would have.

Nuclear bombs don't exist. They are a hoax. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were firebombed.

I suppose just letting Japan starve, or gunning down your women and children on the beaches, or even letting the Soviets turn you into yet another satellite state shithole was better?

Stop being so scared of the word "nuke". Thats the only reason people tend to see the bombings with such horror when there were many other bombing campaigns that killed more people and battles which killed more and more horrifically.

The counter for this seems to always be that we shouldn't have based ourselves so close to the Japs, that we provoked them somehow and frankly I don't see it

Damn, thanks for telling me user

I want proof.

Link me a website to read up if you wanna be lazy. The explanation should coherently articulate the radiation effects on many generations of people that live near Los Alamos, and the Chernobyl and Fukushima disasters without any hint of nuclear technology.

Search "nukes don't exist" on youtube that's the best I got

See

you're a leaf, of course you're wrong

too bad your parents didn't avoid you

not even wrong, it's such a terrible observation

citation, fuckface

still a dumbfuck

They still award Purple Hearts made for the invasion of Japan.

Better dead nips than white men so we nuked the cunts, twice.

stripes.com/blogs-archive/the-rumor-doctor/the-rumor-doctor-1.104348/are-purple-hearts-from-1945-still-being-awarded-1.116756

Fuck Japs. They deserved this for what they have done in occupied areas. Hope one day China will finish the job.

Bullshit faggot. Citation needed.

I figured it was common knowledge that Marines would rather put down the japs than take prisoners after Guadalcanal and Tarawa.

Most books I've read from the men who were doing front line fighting, especially after 1943, confirm that most of the time Marines would kill any japanese that tried to surrender.

All of these eyewitness account also tell us that looting and mutilation happened, particularly cutting out gold teeth.

I don't have any actual studies although I'm sure theres one out there, I could give you the names of the Marines and their books if you'd like to do some reading, but when a bunch of different mens eyewitness accounts correlate or if there is a trend, I think its evidence of something going on.

Gimme the books famalam, I'm interested.

>Nankinhoax

You're late

One that is definitely a must read is With The Old Breed by Eugene Sledge, its what the based The Pacific on, Island of the Damned by R.V Burgin is really good too.

You'll Be Sorree by Sydney Phillips, Although its a bit dry Helmet for my Pillow by Robert Leckie is a good account of the Guadalcanal Campaign, Red Blood Black Sand by Chuck Tatum, Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley.

Also a must read in my own opinion is Voices of the Pacific by Adam Makos was really good, its just a collection of raw, uncensored interviews with the old Salt Dogs themselves. It feels like you're by the fireplace listening to Grandpas war stories.

It was.

As a U.S. Army Infantryman who has been to Japan for training, I would never want to actually fight across that country as it would be a nightmare. I fucking hated crawling through that jungle.

Gambling on instantly ending the war and preventing a long and costly invasion of the entire Japanese archipelago with nuclear strikes makes the most sense. One could argue the moral aspect of dropping atomic weaponry near or on a civilian population center until you are blue in the face but from a strategic standpoint it was and will always be the best call they could have made.

If only I actually had relatives who actually served :'(

Why the hecc did you get sent to Japan?

hate to break it to you
but we actually captured german uranuim headed for japan

and we used it in our bombs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-234
youtube.com/watch?v=8VjeeSwcz_Q

Joint training with the JGSDF and the US Marine Corps.

Usually they come to Washington to train with us but this year we went to Japan to train with them for two months.

It was fun, but the terrain in Japan is pretty harsh. We were scaling 70 degree slopes through thick vines and wadding through mountain streams just to reach objectives. At points we had to crawl on our hands and knees to clear brush because it got so thick.