Brit/pol/ - Based ISIS edition

----- strawpoll.me/11876047/ -----

>Antisemitism now illegal in Britain: Theresa May confirms at PMQs today that the guidelines below will now become OFFICIAL government policy for policing hate speech
gov.uk/government/speeches/a-definition-of-antisemitism

>Why we need an English Labour Party
newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/12/why-we-need-english-labour-party

>George Galloway: "Stop pretending that in a capitalist society, free movement of labour is anything other than a recipe for driving down wages"
express.co.uk/news/uk/742916/george-galloway-blasts-liberals-brexit-racist

>Tory Councillor who offered to donate "the steam from his piss" to Jo Cox banned from party for four years
thelondoneconomic.com/news/tory-councillor-who-donated-steam-from-his-piss-to-jo-coxs-memorial-fund-has-ban-doubled/14/12/

>Isabelle Hard-on warns against Fake News™
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2014/11/the-menace-of-memes-how-pictures-can-paint-a-thousand-lies/

>Douglas Murray writes on Jo Cox being used for political gain
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/12/decent-people-dont-explain-away-hideous-crimes/

>King Cuck: Brexit doesn't have to mean leaving the EU
theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/14/brexit-need-not-be-farages-style-of-brexit-says-ukip-mp

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/government/speeches/a-definition-of-antisemitism
youtube.com/watch?v=RU7pVnaxCM8
youtube.com/watch?v=rY9jRmuVMyY
theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/14/brexit-need-not-be-farages-style-of-brexit-says-ukip-mp
breitbart.com/london/2016/10/02/carswell-plot-infiltrate-ukip-new-book-reveals/
theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/15/chris-grayling-sent-cyclist-flying-with-his-car-door-video-shows
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/119095.stm
theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/feb/09/bbc-websites-dominate-the-market-in-online-news-views
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4037838/Dancing-new-life-Bride-wows-thousands-online-performing-dynamic-African-influenced-dance-routine-wedding-alongside-new-husband.html
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481890221634.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=IOYp1R4TsOc
squarepenguin.co.uk/downloads/
po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/
youtube.com/watch?v=lr2GIHjR_yg
youtube.com/watch?v=7ufekKXI9vU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>Antisemitism now illegal in Britain: Theresa May confirms at PMQs today that the guidelines below will now become OFFICIAL government policy for policing hate speech
>gov.uk/government/speeches/a-definition-of-antisemitism

So, this pic is illegal there?

Yes

>There are people on Sup Forums RIGHT now who prefer Heathen Sand People to good fashy Celtic Homosexuals
Gas the Anglo

At least we aren't this bad

youtube.com/watch?v=RU7pVnaxCM8

>merkel&hollande approved of this

>George Galloway now jumping on the anti immigration waggon

It's ogre isn't it

>Gas the Anglo
Aye

You have my Armalite
youtube.com/watch?v=rY9jRmuVMyY

morning

Evenin'

Where are you off to at nine in the morning?

I work nights my American friend.

Why do people use the term "populist" as a slur?

As if its wrong to listen to what people want? shouldn't being a "populist" be the default position for politicians in a democratic society?

(((people)))

I suppose that one could make an argument that "populism" focuses on satisfying wishes that are too short-term, but that's never the argument that I hear people actually making.
Usually, "populism" is just democracy as described by people who don't really like democracy. Or people who don't like how democracy is going, because they're finally getting voted out of office.

>remembrance day
>no-one at work except me remembers to wear the poppy and take a 2 minute silence
>christmas jumper day
>everyone wearing christmas jumpers except me
>"user where's your jumper, you didn't forget did you?"
areyoufuckingkiddingme.png

I feel like the implication is that the plebs are too stupid to actually know what the REAL ISSUES are and only the elite, or liberal minority really know whats going on.

When people call Farage and Trump populists i feel like they are just admitting they don't think very highly of the common man.

>Len McCluskey defies Jeremy Corbyn to call for end to free movement of labour

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Populism comes closer to pandering than to any genuine political conviction, at least that's my interpretation of it.

The only thing I hate more than neoliberal economics is the fact that it's turned society and politics into a management game - you don't try and convince the public of your point of view anymore, you just pander to their existing views, even though those views can be changed.

It's a bloody fool who holds the same views all his life, and it's a bloody fool that blithely agrees and marches to the orders of the first fool without actually sharing the same viewpoints.

But surely being a populist is the harder thing to do by far nowadays.

It's much easier to just go along with the established order because as we've seen that's all politicians have done for the past 30 years.

I don't think being a populist means not holding any genuine convictions, I mean everyone who is called a populist nowadays are people who are on tape 20-30 years back saying the exact same thing.

Trump and Farage have been saying the same thing for 30 years, it's just finally caught on, does that make it populism?

Redpill me on Guernsey. Is it based?

>the nonce supports ISIS

shock

Populism isn't just making your political position as "whatever the people want", it's based around the fact that there's a current class of establishment that are actively ignoring what the people want and acting in their own interests. See: the European Union

There's helping the people by somewhat ignoring them, like cutting welfare spending - and then there's ignoring them and not helping them either - which populism fights against

They have £1 notes and some nice beaches. That's all I can remember tbqh...

Poofs off the roofs

>Len McCluskey
>Lenin McTrotsky

SOCIAL NATIONALISM WHEN?

Why 1£ notes?

JEWS

Fuck knows. That's literally the only thing I can remember about the time I went there. Also they have a German occupation museum, or some sort of war museum iirc.

>theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/14/brexit-need-not-be-farages-style-of-brexit-says-ukip-mp

can someone please explain to me why this total unforgivable cuck is a member of UKIP?

>and then there's ignoring them and not helping them either - which populism fights against

The issue is that popularism creates a bland grey area of center leaning politicians with no real convictions.

The electorate may vote in a conservative government because they wish to see more free market econimics, but they end up with a Heath instead of a Thatcher more than willing to sell out his parties beliefs in order to pander to all areas of the Electorate.

You vote for black or white but get grey, that is popularism.

I'd like to think he dreams about his youth.
About that girl he fancied.
How happy they could've been together.
How he comes back from school to his parents' house for a hot meal and mother's smile.

And then he wakes up to this shithole. No wonder he looks so pissed all the time.

>one thing is to show we value life and remember when life ends
>the other is brainwashing by consumer culture to sell more shit to boost the monetary parasite
>its easier in this society to subliminally/memetically convince people to buy something unnecessary that they dont actually like (hurrdurr i was just pretending to be retarded XD chuching!!£$£$) than it is to have awareness of death and its immense impact

and they say money isnt evil...

breitbart.com/london/2016/10/02/carswell-plot-infiltrate-ukip-new-book-reveals/

It is a placeholder for goods, it is not evil.

>You vote for black or white but get grey, that is popularism.

I think that's the classical definition, where it's a "catch-all" movement, but today I think it become more of a protest movement for when you vote black but get white.

>But surely being a populist is the harder thing to do by far nowadays.
I don't know about nowadays, but certainly until very recently.

Having woken up slightly more, I'm going to retract the bit about genuine conviction, or at least modify it. I would say it comes closer to a style that - while not necessarily lacking conviction, definitely leans on credulity a bit.

I think the primary thing is that Populism gets a bit demagogic. Stylistically, you've got say Farage, Trump, or in Scotland for a recent history example, Salmond who are quite personally popular and who appeal to personal like of themselves to seek power as representatives of the average person. (Salmond is actually an amusing example: In 2007 the SNP stood on the second ballot paper as "Alex Salmond for First Minister" because his personal popularity was much higher than that of the party itself.)

I guess I'm trying to say populism isn't really about the mass of people at all. They're only relevant so much as they like the leadership figure personally (Perhaps on the very inversion of what I said in the first post, they lead opinion as much as they create it, though with Farage there's some interplay between the press laying the groundwork for anti-EU sentiment and his own anti-EU views.) and vote for that figure.

>Trump and Farage have been saying the same thing for 30 years, it's just finally caught on, does that make it populism?
Farage might have been. Trump only in the most generous interpretations. He was after all a registered democrat for long enough.

>it's based around the fact that there's a current class of establishment that are actively ignoring what the people want and acting in their own interests.
Building on that, I'd raise another "problem" that occurs with populism is that it often creates a new elite (or acts as a front for an internal dispute within the elite) in the end.

(For clarity, I voted for UKIP and for Brexit) for example with the EU, Blair was not without pertinence when he said the vote wasn't about the people versus the elite, but about two sets of elites. It's worth remembering that - for example - most of the press were in favour of leaving.

Now, that doesn't make leaving bad or anything, but it does hole the general viewpoint that it was all about common people rising up against the elite, instead of just picking a side.

I won't say for most people, but for a substantial minority a poppy is just a way to virtue-signal instead of to remember.

Consumerism can infect everything and anything.

>most of the press were in favour of leaving.

Such as?

Add this to next thread:

>Tory Transport Secretary taking out cyclists one at a time
theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/15/chris-grayling-sent-cyclist-flying-with-his-car-door-video-shows

Highlights include:
>Grayling sent Liu flying and his bicycle crashing into a lamppost, leaving him dazed and bruised on the pavement. Liu said his bike sustained a damaged wheel, brakes, mudguard and lost its lights.

>Liu said he was in shock and became aware of the pain later. “One thing he did say was that I was cycling too fast, which was not true,” Liu said. “That made me really upset. He made out it was my fault.”

>Footage shows Grayling was accompanied by his fellow transport minister Paul Maynard, who left the scene, while Simon Jones, a former Conservative parliamentary candidate and now special adviser to Grayling, is seen watching the scene unfold as he puts his identity badge in his jacket pocket.

(pic unrelated)

Not your guy but, the Sun, Express, Mail, Telegraph all seemed pretty much pro brexit to me. The Star probably was too but their front page is mostly some Chav lady from a reality tv show in slutty undies and crowing about how they're better than the Sun (which is still like being the tallest dwarf).

The Sun
(EH MY GOD) The Daily Mail
The Daily Telegraph
The Sunday Times
The Sunday Telegraph
The Daily Express

Furthermore if you trust Oxford University, in a study they found that 45% of all articles were pro-leave against only 27% pro-Remain.

We used to have £1 notes. You know?

>posting anime
>voting UKIP
>voting

To be fair Oxford Academics (and I studied there I know them) believe anything that isn't emphatically pro-EU is pro-Leave. there's a different standard.

There was a large amount of press behind Leave but they only got behind it in the very late stages (last couple weeks) because they could tell Leave was up in the polls and they can tap the reader base better than anyone. There's nobody more in touch with wider Britain than The Sun. They've backed the right party in elections/referendums EVERY TIME since the 70s. They know what they're doing and the others do too. It's not so much of a the media backed it so it won as it was, it was going to win so the media backed it.

>the Sun

The what?

Those mean conservatives! They can't do that! That man they're throwing is gay with a black adopted child! Xey are going to be very oppressed when xe hears about this!

To be fair, even before that a good bit of the press was laying the groundwork. It's no surprise the Daily Mail and Sun came out for leaving, for example. (Though The Sunday Mail backing remain was... odd.)

The sun being the most visible example. I have a feeling even if they felt leave was going to lose, if it was a narrow loss they'd have made the editorial decision to back it.

fucking hippies

You can have that feeling all you want but The Sun panders and as I said it's backed the right party (emphatically) since the 70s in every general election and the referendums or other votes that it has backed a candidate in, it's backed the right one. It's the best opinion polling method out there they have their heart on the pulse of working Britain and I believe the other papers were the same. They didn't piggy back leave to push their own agenda, they piggy backed it to pander to their readers.

Also the main reason there were more pro-Leave articles? Maybe, just maybe it's because there are more valid anti-remain scandals/issues/controversies to talk about?

>They didn't piggy back leave to push their own agenda, they piggy backed it to pander to their readers.
It doesn't have to be an either/or scenario. The Sun isn't without an agenda, and their Euroscepticism goes back a long way.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/119095.stm

A Turkic creates Brit/pol/. That's funny. I guess Muslims are already creating Brit/pol/s.

Oh, also, if we're including regional versions...

go back subhuman cockhole
your ma a whore
your dad a cuck
your uni a shit

I do not find it a coincidence that they have backed the right election for so long. I do not believe BREXIT was an anomaly and I do believe they will sacrifice agenda for pandering. It's obvious to me they backed it because of the national sentiment because they waited SO LONG to do so. It may be in line with their historic euroscepticism but it wasn't the reason they back BREXIT or any other election.

>Scotland
>Counting

So not the majority then?

go back, a Turkic subhuman

The majority of papers that matter and I'm willing to bet the majority of circulation. The Crosby Herald with a readership of 5 can get to fuck.

Why does tv news media (and by extension internet news media) get ignored though? What about Sky news, the BBC, Channel 4 etc? They were firmly in the remain camp.

There's a reason I said press and not media.

Primarily because TV news follows the agenda set by the papers, and the majority of internet media just follows print trends. (The Mail Online, IIRC, is one of the most popular news sources in the country.)

But none of those were pro leave... The BBC is apparently the most popular online news source anyway. theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/feb/09/bbc-websites-dominate-the-market-in-online-news-views

It's worth remembering what the initial point of the example was - to demonstrate that a portion of the media establishment backed leave. Even if the majority were against, it still demonstrates that it was hardly a commoner uprising.

Even if we assume they were only chasing readership trends, for them to consider that instead of fighting to the death demonstrates that the establishment believe they can survive Brexit. In reality, many actively wanted it. They might not have been the majority, but they were a portion, which is the important thing.

On my way to Dublin for a boozer lads.

Merry Christmas.

damn....

>most of the press were in favour of leaving

This is what you said earlier. So you're already backing down from this? The implication that most people read tabloids for reasons other than celebrity gossip is bollocks also. Any serious media outlet other than the Telegraph backed remain. Anyway the relevance of the media to our politics has never been lower.

> it was hardly a commoner uprising

Yet leave voters tended to be from more economically disadvantaged parts of the country. The fact that the vast majority of constituencies backed leave being completely at odds with their MPs stated voting intentions is another example of leave not being an 'establishment' position. There has literally been a cross party consensus in regards to support for the EU for decades. Brown is the only former PM not trying to actively reverse the result ffs.

>So you're already backing down from this?
No. Like I said: "Press" not "Media"

I'm going to remind you I voted for Brexit and UKIP. If you want to ignore any nuance and pretend that absolutely no elites backed Brexit whatsoever then that's fine. Go ahead. If you want to ignore that the establishment can be split on a position, go ahead.

>There has literally been a cross party consensus in regards to support for the EU for decades
We only got an EU referendum to prevent more Conservative defections to UKIP. (Unlike what remoaners say, this doesn't undermine the result, but it's important to remember David "Heir to Blair" Cameron didn't think he'd have to deliver on his promise and has now ignominiously fucked off.) The Conservatives were split internally even if they maintained their pro-EU position on paper.

What is the difference between 6,000,000 innocent Jews burned in the Nazi ovens and 6,000,000 bread rolls burned by clumsy bakers each year?

The bread rolls were at least proved.

Awww, look brit/pol/! Look at the cute couple, doesn't this make you happy?
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4037838/Dancing-new-life-Bride-wows-thousands-online-performing-dynamic-African-influenced-dance-routine-wedding-alongside-new-husband.html

What's the difference between 6,000,000 dead Jews and a few thousand dead Jews?

The truth.

>tfw breaking the law

absolute madman

>tfw

>tfw Sup Forums gets banned in the UK within a year

We need a code word for (((them))) asap 2bh

subhuman

Reported to Met Police

+ superior version, with audio: i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481890221634.webm

Just got a call back from my GP within 15 minutes of calling.

Not bad eh?

Is it autism to listen to the same piece of music over and over again all day

Yes, if you mean literally, no if you mean multiple times per day

youtube.com/watch?v=IOYp1R4TsOc

How did you get the video - screenrecorder?

get_iplayer

squarepenguin.co.uk/downloads/

>squarepenguin.co.uk/downloads/
damn, I didn't realise there was a working iplayer downloader - last I used was years ago, iplayer_dl
po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/

>We only got an EU referendum to prevent more Conservative defections to UKIP

Don't get this argument, we got an EU referendum because Euroskepticism was reaching boiling point and the Tories were reaching out to those people by saying "vote for us and you can have a referendum". The people wanted a referedum, and rightly so, turnout was the highest ever and the anti-status-quo side won

Based Sturmbannführer
youtube.com/watch?v=lr2GIHjR_yg

>stylistically
Self fellation

reminder Michael Portillo is a communist corbynite

youtube.com/watch?v=7ufekKXI9vU

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Farage did force the tories into a referendum though, it's why the guy is such a hero

#knightfarage

>normies are in the house

FUCKING REEE