Redpill me on Mother Teresa

Was she actually as sadisic and evil as reddit claims?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=65JxnUW7Wk4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemptive_suffering
catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-pope’s-answer-to-the-problem-of-pain
newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp?did=0108-seaman
cbsnews.com/news/the-debate-over-sainthood/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>christfags
>not evil

>reddit
You mean Sup Forums?

I can't speak for what Reddit thinks of her because I don't know what goes on over there.
But she was quite a cunt.

How much time do you have?

LEAVE HER ALONE REEEEEEEE

No, she was not. Reddit's buying bullshit, as usual.

She's claimed to have outright denied modern palliative care from the dying with the express intent of trying to get them to suffer in a masochistic sense. This is extremely easy to shoot down given that modern palliative care was simply unavailable in India, let alone the West Bengal.

With reference to India generally, see, e.g., Rajagopal MR and and Joranson DE, "India: Opioid availability - An update", The Journal of Pain Symptom Management, Vol. 33 (2007) 615-622, passim. As late as 2001, researchers could write that "pain relief is a new notion in [India]", and "palliative care training has been available only since 1997" - Rajagopal MR, Joranson DE, and Gilson AM (2001), "Medical use, misuse and diversion of opioids in India", The Lancet, Vol. 358, July 14, 2001, pp. 139-143 at p.139.

With reference to West Bengal specifically, it was only in 2012 that the state government finally amended the applicable regulations simplifying "the process of possession, transport, purchase, sale and import of inter-state of morphine or any preparation containing morphine by 'Recognized Medical Institution'." See: International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care, Newsletter, 2012 Vol. 13, No. 12 (December); and for a brief regulatory overview for the previous year, see M.R. Rajagopal interview with the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, April, 2011 India: The principle of balance to make opioids accessible for palliative care.

And note that she had died in 1997.

Part 1/2

part 2/2

On the topic of masochism generally, however, this comes about from misconstruing the Catholic position on Redemptive Suffering.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemptive_suffering

You can read more on the Catholic view of suffering in detail here.

catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-pope’s-answer-to-the-problem-of-pain

The claim of masochism is a warping of the traditional Catholic view either done out of ignorance or bias and, along with the lack of modern palliative care in the Missionaries of Charity's hospices, come together to form the popular and entirely fictitious view of Mother Teresa as a villainous monster. It's all conjecture.

As for her disposition on the poor, I'd recommend her private writings where the Oxford Review says "Page after page documents her perpetual sorrow with the miseries of the poor, the "least of all God's creatures" living in unimaginable "holes"". I'm not sure how someone who is secretly like that could also secretly be a masochist.

newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp?did=0108-seaman

And, to end, there's the strange popularity in using Hitchens' book The Missionary Position as a basis for claims in popular media and in biographies despite Hitchens book being a deliberate hitpiece. And this is undeniable as Hitchens was asked by the church to be a hitpiece so to fulfill the role of "Devil's Advocate" in the canonization process for the, now, St. Teresa.

cbsnews.com/news/the-debate-over-sainthood/

Like most things with Hitchens, he does a great job at sounding intelligent and having a sense of morality but still being fucked up in his arguments.

She provided hospice services to the dying.

THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN HOSPITALS NOT HOSPICES.

HOSPITALS THAT DIDN'T EXIST

Atheists are insufferable.

Anti-theists, you mean.

I don't care how much of a special snowflake you think you are.

Old bitch was worse than Hitler.

yes, she was a batshit evil psycho bitch

agreed, she didn't care about the sick, she just wanted to deliver souls to a hungry sky wizzard

Hahaha XD

Oh sorry, I forgot that here on this board for psycho-autists Hitler is a saint.

This bitch is worse than Hilary. Now you get it eh?

Hitchens pls go

liberal cucks and MSM demonized her

she was a good woman who did amazing things given the circumstances a true saint

It's a true fact, even if you don't like Christopher Hitchens.

>this triggers the christ-fags

It really isn't.
I'd direct yourself to:

This cunt took a bath in the misery of the poor poo-in-loos. She also was extremely corrupt.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa

well a hospice is literally a place for dying people so

Please direct yourself to:

There are valid complaints of Mother Teresa. The antagonizing people do of her doesn't stand to any examination and appealing to Hitchens' work is about as biased as you can get.

Nothing but cognitive bias.

All the money she raised went straight to the vatican.

You do not struggle to read user. Don't be stupid with me.

Hope you got the info you wanted, OP.