Desperately want to go to Japan

>Desperately want to go to Japan
>stuck in college for 3 more years before that door opens up

This is the fucking WORST.

If you live in a country where college is cheap or free I hope you check your fucking priviledges Sup Forums

>Play Persona 3
>"wow, it's like I'm really Japanese"
>Stop playing
>back to the 3rd world depressive reality

Persona 3 really is just a training simulator for the actual scheduling shenanigans that actually happens in japanese education

In Japan, there is actually a deraagatory term for people who have free time called "Hima". So if you're "Hima" you're a recluse. So being busy is good.

Regardless, persona is also a good choice for starting to understand how japanese friendships work. It doesn't go into too much detail, but just enough for you to start to understand.

>mfw been to Japan 4 times already
c'mon

How many times are you going to post this thread?

Also I've already been to Japan while in college.

Let me guess, working holiday visa?

It's a literal meme. It's also not offered to americans.

Shit, i didn't notice the fellow Sup Forumsellectual.

post-graduate or did you fall for the foreign exchange meme?

No. Tourist Visa.

yeah visiting japan for a few weeks is easy. it's staying that's hard.

good job though, where'd you visit? I hope you at least visited kyoto once. That place is fucking beautiful as fuck

Can you just kill yourself please? You dumb Reddit weab
why do you make dumb threads like this?
How is this politics? Do you have no shame?

>weab

They don't have an education system in the Netherlands?

Oh look its another cancerous reddit-tier reply
Did you even read the fucking board rules? Nobody wants to read your cuck tier posts about how u want to go to Japan cus Japan is SOO great xdxdxdxd t. some burgercuck that thinks Japan will save him

Kill yourself weeaboo

neck yourself weeb

How do you americans feel about hiroshima/nagasaki?

Do you think FDR did nothing wrong?

Sickening I have to share my flag with you

What's the difference between it and western friendships?

I am learning Japanese but 私わできない子 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

History is determined by the victors. As long as you win, you can retroactively justify incinerating hundreds of thousands of noncombatants.

Just make sure you win :)

Truman dropped the bombs you fucking retard

PLEASE take this thread to reddit

このばかアメリカ人は多分、日本語分からないのに、こんなに「あ、あ、日本がすきだよ~~!」と言っている。。迷惑だよ

what makes you think that you will get in after college?

You probably have better chances getting a TEFL certification and using the working holiday visa

Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Wakayama & Nagano.

Kyoto was indeed beautiful.
Good luck with your ambition ameribro.

Well, you probably heard a lot throughout your life about how japanese people are reserved. Reserved, and humble.

The effect of this is that friendships in japan become stronger than western friendships because there's a lot more at stake, so japanese people go through a lot of shit to keep their friends, way more effort than you see in a typical westerner.

This manifests in its honor system, where you start off by calling someone "-san", but move on to "-chan"/"-kun", and only drop the honorific when they've earned your absolute trust.

It seems alien for an outsider, and it takes a few years before you start to truly understand it, and it's really something completely different from what you get in the west

You were on /r9k/
You were that retard who thinks he can get N1 in 2 years by self studying for an hour a day. Lol kys senpai

Japanese have fewer friends and they keep them for life.

>Truman dropped the bombs you fucking retard

>He doesn't know history

There's a reason japanese people are blaming FDR for pearl harbor and not truman.

Doesn't make it right.

What? Why would you say >He doesnt know history

When you literally implied FDR dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? I'll have you know FDR was a mere puppet of his jewish overlords

Why the fuck would they blame pearl harbor on Truman??

>using the working holiday visa

1.) The working holiday is a literal meme that kicks you out after the holiday and doesn't help you -stay- in japan

2.) The working holiday visa isn't offered to Americans (which is a good thing -- the less people that fall for the working holiday meme, the better)

The only way an american can enter Japan is with the intent to stay. unless they fell for the foreign exchange meme

迷惑じゃないよ!日本が好ければかまわないよ。

N1 is almost college level Japanese. Very difficult.

Of course it doesn't. But they won so they get to tell themselves it was justified.

>Persona 3 really is just a training simulator for the actual scheduling shenanigans that actually happens in japanese education
It just involves basic time management. Going to school, maybe doing some club stuff, hanging out with friends, etc. isn't unique to Japan. They put a bigger emphasis on clubs and such there, but it's not like it's that different than other countries.

>In Japan, there is actually a deraagatory term for people who have free time called "Hima". So if you're "Hima" you're a recluse. So being busy is good.
Hima is not innately derogatory and doesn't mean that you're a recluse. It just means that you're not busy or have free time, and it's commonly used to ask people if they are exactly that.

If you're a NEET or constantly have way too much spare time, it makes you look like a deadbeat, which is something that is also not unique to Japan.

Foreign exchange isn't a meme if you're going for the sake of visiting. It's not supposed to be a path to citizenship or anything. Great for going there without spending much though plus got to go to a college there for awhile.

Might head back to the country after I graduate in a year, but might decide to just stay here instead.

I know, I have passed the N1. I studied fot years in Japan and have a japanese gf that I spend 90% of the day speaking in nip to.

I'm actually looking at Nishinomiya

LOOK AT THIS SHIT. LOOK AT IT

>weeaboos
Absolutely disgusting.

Kill yourself autistic pathetic weeaboo sperg

>Desperately want to go to Japan

Phase 2 is when you desperately want to get out of Japan. Enjoy the process as it comes.

日本が好きのはいいんだけど、これは政治について掲示板だろう。。
この話題は/jp/ の話題だと思わない?

私も日本が興味深いだけど、こんなに政治に関係がないトピックを作りません。

Please tell me you don't actually believe this happened.

>If you live in a country where college is cheap or free I hope you check your fucking priviledges Sup Forums
Fun fact Americans can get free college education in several European countries

He will, after you pay your debts.

FDR started the Manhattan Project you fucking idiot

yeah i was looking at germany

but fuck me i can't learn german when learning japanese is going to take 5 years on its own

lmaoooooooooo

so that makes him responsible for the actual decision of dropping the bombs? You know the manhattan project was ripped off of the earlier German nuclear project? So you're telling me it was actually the Germans fault huh?

So fucking hilarious you actually think you know shit, burger

それはそうだけどこういうトピックはSup Forumsにとって普通じゃん。別に気にしないさ、僕は。

May I butt in for a second since I've gotten into the idea of learning nip for weeb reasons obviously.

The first sentence means something along the lines of
>"liking japan is alright and all but this is political board"(that was strange word btw)
>"Don't you think this topic is for /jp/?"

Roughly it means something like that ,right?

Yes, you are correct
Do you mean 掲示板?

It means 'bulletin board', in Japan they use it to describe 2ch and the like

Free University education is a mistake. Paid universities should be the norm to avoid an over saturation and people with college degrees working at McDonald's.
If it takes you three years longer than the standard you might consider yourself to be mentally retarded.

Not bad, though Google translate could have gotten you that far. 掲示板 is not really a strange word in this context, though there is always some nuance in word choice with written Japanese.

そう、Sup Forums にとって、今普通ことだ。
このボードはも死んでいるからさ

Try "Legends of Heroes Cold Steel". There's a sequel too.

Thanks user. Halving that kanji damage deck and reading those guides seems to be paying off after all.

As for the bulletin board word, I guessed it based on the second and third kanji meaning show-plank/board respectively. Did check the first kanji at jisho though so it was a slight cheating.

I have to say. It's slowly getting together and I didn't think it was possible. But I'm tearing up thinking how much is there to go.

I started learning precisely because I thought machine translation will never get to the point of being usable.
But it might actually develop fast enough to beat me. Just my luck.

Tell me about it, m8
Download rikaichan addon and lurk 2chan is what I recommend

Yomichan is superior, since it has a direct-to-anki export button

What anki format does it use?

ちょっとドラマチックじゃない。
Sup Forumsはそこまで期待するものじゃないよ、兄貴

Hah, yeah, it is getting better, but there are many advantages to gaining fluency. It is good for your brain, will grant you access to more romantic partners, and give you a useful skill.

Besides, even the best colloquial translation still misses LOTS of nuance. It is amazing how much is lost when you see the English subtitles for Japanese anime or video games.

it can do both types of flashcards, reading and recognition.

gives you the kanji, reading, meaning, and a sound-byte of the pronounciation of the word

i use it in combination with core

うん、確かに私は過剰反応をした。ごめん。
どこには重大政治の議論ができるかな

Why do people love anime so much? It's like this whole other world that I just don't get, but people seem to like it so much.

>have to finish university BEFORE going to Japan
It's like you don't realize that your best bet is studying abroad over the summer. After college, you will never again have the opportunity of being paid thousands of dollars for
1. Essays
2. Having pleb parents
3. Being a nigger
4. Wanting to "gain international experience in an ever-connected global economy"
5. Studying a language that isn't Spanish
Just fucking do it, mang. Gen eds? Take em in English through CIS/CIEE/whatever. Learning anything international-related? You might have a faculty-led or close-knit affiliate program.

Dude I went to France for a semester and I'm going to Russia this summer. Sure, as a language student, I have an edge, but for real, don't let your dreams melt steel beams.

Oh yeah you're shitty jrpgs is really teach a ton

Sup Forumsでもときどきおもしろいスレもあるよ。まじめな政治議論がほしければクラブ入会したら

There is good and there is bad. Like anything else.

This senpai knows whats up.