High capacity weapons should not be allowed under the 2nd amendment

Can a US citizen give me a logical reason as to why any person who is not either a) in the military or b) a police officer; needs to have assault weapons. Don't give me any of that "we need to keep our government in check" shit. That was true in 1776 but it isn't anymore, the government is no threat to the people.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain
hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE1.HTM
theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/
usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/
assaultweapon.info/
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>need
>leaf
>it's 2016
>the government is benevolent

We need it to shoot uppity leafs who wander over the border.

>government is no threat to the people
prove it

canacuck
>you'll never understand you pos

I thought all the schills on Sup Forums are in love with Trump? Why are you afraid of him? Why do you need guns to protect yourself against him? I can probably think of a few reasons. Like his intense islamaphobia and racism.

>the rights to bear arms shall not be infringed
There is your argument, straight from the constitution.

no its the 1776 thing, grow the fuck up commie
our guns are the only thing keeping you out of the reeducation camp

>ART OF THE DEAL
We need them to have an option to kill as many opponents in a civil war as possible.

The second amendment was written a quarter of a millennia ago. Who knows what it actually meant?

Listen leaf, what do you want? For us to say that we need them to be able to kill yourkind cultural marxists if it gets to that? You happy now?

>Trump is the government

Is it hard being this retarded?

Hog huntin

Because "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" you stupid fucking faggot.

>who knows what it actually meant?

The people who wrote it, and left plenty of material detailing their reasoning.

What I want is for the American people to wake up and realize that there is a problem. I think the number is something like 300 million guns floating around the country. And all the gun violence and massacres that go along with that, don't even get me started. Canada is the best country on earth and our strict gun laws is one of the many reasons why.

>we need muh guns to protect from government
>shoots dog that gets in his lawn

>afraid of government
>buy guns & defend 2nd amendment
>elect more unstable congress members
>more afraid
>need to buy more guns
The leaf has finally figured out the Sup Forums hand rubbing

No, it's in case a tribe of dindus swarm my house. There are too many documented cases where private businesses and homes have a group of assailants. 30 round mags, ARE necessary.

Any threat to police officers is also a threat to other citizens. If the police need a particular armament or materiel, it means that there is a threat that makes it necessary. Given the first sentence, any restriction on arms or materiel that is applied to the public must also be applied to the police, otherwise it is a tacit admission that other citizens do not have the same right to self defense as the police.

Note that I'm not saying this is the only reason, just a reason.

I want one, in a free country that is all that is needed

What the fuck do you mean? Read it, retard. That's why we have words. To convey meaning.

So was the 1st. Time for you to get off the Internet and start writing in ink as your main form of communication since the founding fathers didnt know that Internet would come along.

>assault weapons
Define "assault weapons"

>wake up sheeple
>what causes violence is guns not disparate cultures

Mostly in case the deer turns out to be a grizzly. Often happens when you're stalking the same prey they are.

I'm sure someone has an info graphic with all this, but tl;Dr is that most gun crime occurs with illegal guns and is committed by blacks against other blacks, so there is no need to restrict law abiding white citizens.

>That was true in 1776 but it isn't anymore, the government is no threat to the people
faggot

>2nd amendment talks about deer hunting
missingthepoint.jpg

It's mostly nig on nog gang member deaths so who cares? We should manufacture even more guns so that the riff raft exterminate themselves faster.

F R E E D O M
R
E
E
D
O
M

millionares don't need 10,000sq.ft. houses but they can buy them because they can. because america is great. guns are just a representation of american freedom and superiority. and to keep government in check.

Weapons that the school shooters use to kill swaths of people very quickly

More to do with your lack of shitskins

If someone needs a five foot bong instead of a blut, i dont think the other side should be complaining, Liberal.

I think people are starting to wake, if not awake yet.

Their solutions, however, will be something totally different of what you have in mind.

Thanks for the dialogue.

It shouldn't have been trespassing then. All dogs that do not respect property rights need to be brutally put down. Doesn't matter if they're dindu nuffin pit bulls or chihuahuas.

Which school shooter? How quick is very quickly?

Because you kike pussies love your government and we are arming ourselves to violently overthrow ours.

1.the government is a much bigger threat to the people now then it was 240 years ago
2. Sometimes there's more then 1 nigger

Hey i was looking in Wikipedia for the Bill of Needs. Nothing came up. Can you see if you can find anything.

HEY LISTEN LEAF NIGGER IT'S NOT ABOUT HUNTING IT'S ABOUT BEING ABLE TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST OPPRESSORS, EVEN IF THEY HAVE TANKS AND PLANES.

NOW GO GET ME MY MAPLE SYRUP.

AND I BETTER NOT SEE THIS TRASH ON MY BOARD AGAIN.

You fucking retard OP.

That's just the most severe of many such cases.

Average every day people were treated like shit up until after World War 2. Before that you had the right to work 15 hours a day, 6 days a week, for barely enough money to get by and nothing else. And if you tried to fight back they would shoot you, and bomb your ass.

Canada was no stranger to that kind of violence either. (And neither was Europe).

Communism didn't arise because people were like "hurr I'm just going to destroy the establishment and demand gibs".

The communist movement was because people were sick of being fucking slaves. Ironically they ended up slaves anyway thanks to (((certain people))) infiltrating the worker uprising.

After World War 2 you could pick up a used M1 Garand from the local drug store for 5 bucks.

Suddenly anybody and everybody was armed... Not just with shitty civilian grade firearms either; major military level shit. even the very poor.

The only reason you aren't a slave again yet, is because of the people who still pose an existential threat to the powers that be in this society.

But guess what? Wages are slipping versus inflation, work hours are going up. It's fucking happening.

So unless you want your children to be fucking slaves, you have an obligation to go out and get some heat you faggot. You don't have to use it. You just have to have it.

When power-lobbyists in DC and Ottawa look at statistics on gun ownership they need to shit their fucking pants.

Leafs should be banned.

I need an extra bullet for (((you))) when you jump infront of the deer yelling fur is murder hippie .

THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE 2ND AMENDMENT NORTH NIG

Uhm to mention a few, the Columbine shooters, Adam Lanza, Omar Mateen, the North Carolina church shooter ... the list goes on. If they had weapons that could only fire one round at a time, the loss of life would have been significantly reduced and they would have been stopped quicker.

try again leaf. be very specific if you can.

ProTip: you can't.

Define "assault weapons"

>needs to have assault weapons

Because they are effective at killing people and I want them

the second amendment is not about deer hunting

must be hard being that fucking edgy
>muh property
>zero tolerance
>pew pew
I will never understand that logic. You just want to feel powerful by shooting anything that moves within a 5 km radius from your food.

What's wrong with Trump? I thought you cucks loved him?

>I think the number is something like 300 million guns floating around the country. And all the gun violence and massacres that go along with that, don't even get me started

Look at pic related, you retard. These statistics, along with record background checks every single month should tell you all you need to know.

>A FUCKING LOAF
Right to bear arms, not right to hunt.

Lot of states are passing laws allowing high school seniors to carry guns on campus. Try again leaf nig.

>the government is no threat to the people.

Listen up Leaf.

Nations rise and fall. Good times come and go. We dont need to violently overthrow the Government now but someday we may. The Government IS afraid of armed civilians. They dont like us having more firepower than they do(we do btw own more weapons and have more man power than the cops and federal law enforcement and our military is helpless against an internal war)

I own military grade weapons because someday my son or his son my need to bear arms against his government.

Long Live the Republic

Get the fuck out of this thread you naive child.

>the government is no threat

Really? Tell that to everyone fearing Trump as the 2nd Hitler/Putin plant. Tell that to Dakota pipeline protestors. Tell that to the dwindling and derided white "middle" and lower classes. Tell that to those who voted Trump because of Hillary.

Then when you get utterly rebuked, go open a history book and realize man is fallible, weak, and power hungry.

Is that why you have natives who push people into on coming traffic?

Great American.

> Harvard study detailing how gun control is counter productive and a waste of valuable police resources

theacru.org/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/25/study-using-guns-for-defense-leads-to-fewer-injuries
>Citing four separate studies between 1988-2004, the assessment from the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council says crime victims who use guns in self-defense have consistently lower injury rates than victims who use other strategies to protect themselves (other strategies include stalling, calling the police or using weapons such as knives or baseball bats).

businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-27/how-often-do-we-use-guns-in-self-defense
>Hemenway finds more reliable an annual federal government research project, called the National Crime Victimization Survey, which yields estimates in the neighborhood of 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Making various reasonable-sounding adjustments, other social scientists have suggested that perhaps a figure somewhere between 250,000 and 370,000 might be more accurate.

leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2012a/commsumm.nsf/b4a3962433b52fa787256e5f00670a71/5de089825c00843e872579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf
>Upon interviewing convicted felons, these researchers found that
>74% indicated that burglars avoided occupied dwellings, due to fears of being shot
>57% said that most criminals feared armed citizens more than the police
>40% of the felons had been deterred from committing a particular crime, because they believed that the potential victim was armed

law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf
hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-Resistance-to-Crime.pdf
libertyfirearmstraining.com/blog/2013/05/16/criminals-fear-armed-citizens-more-than-they-do-the-police/

In 2013 the US population was roughly 316.5 million.

That year there were 2,596,993 deaths from all causes.

The number one killer of Americans was heart disease at 611,105 deaths for 23.5% of death total

Cancer came in second at 584,881 for 22.5%

Chronic lower respiratory disease killed 149,205 people for 5.7%

You'll notice I haven't mentioned guns, the scourge of American society yet. I'm getting there.

Accidents, like drowning or falling and hitting your head in the shower killed 130,557 people for another 5% of total deaths. We are some clumsy fuckers

Stroke killed 128,978 (4.9%). Need to watch that blood pressure, kids.

Alzheimer's killed 84,767 (3.2%). Getting old sucks.

Diabetes killed 75,578 (2.9%)

Pneumonia got 56,979 or 2.1% and Kidney failure killed 47,112 people or 1.8% of all deaths

Well there's all the major diseases out of the way, so guns must be next, right?

No. Poisoning deaths were 48,545 at 1.8% Think about that for a minute. Accidentally drinking drain cleaner is higher on the list than being shot

All forms of suicide (yes, including guns) were 41,149 (1.5%)

Drug overdose accounted for 43,663 lives (1.6%)
35,663 (1.3%) were unintentional with the remainder ruled suicide.

Death by motor vehicle got 33,804 (1.3%)

And finally, at the bottom, are guns.

Guns were used to kill 33,364 Americans for 1.2% of the death toll.

21,175 gun deaths were suicide, two thirds of all gun deaths, at 0.8% of the death toll

Non suicide gun deaths, which included accidents, justified homicide and murder, totaled 12,189

A whole 0.4% of all fatalities.

A statistically insignificant number. It's not much of a problem compared to everything else. You are literally ten times more likely to slip and fall in the shower and DIE in America then to be shot to death.

The anti gun hype is bullshit.

>needs to have assault weapons

This is not a valid question under US law because the legal right to bear arms is not based on "need"

not even gonna read your post. shut the fuck up faggot

also, notice that the assault weapons ban (in place from 1994-2004), did absolutely nothing. Violence continued to drop after the ban expired.

>assaultweapon.info/

1. It's what the bad guys have.
2. It's what the police have.
3. It's what foreign solders have.
4. It's what many of us trained with in the military.
5. It's the most common AR magazine size.

If you don't trust the average law-abiding citizen select-fire weapons, how do you trust the police with military-style full-auto weapons?

shall not be infringed

woops, your argument died

To protect against tyranny. Idiot.

Using the colloquial definition of "spree shooting" (targeted attack on a public place), there are roughly 30 fatalities in the average year.

Using the FBI definiton (any shooting event involving 4+ fatalities) there are something in the ballpark of 120.

Either way, it's statistical noise. A complete non-issue in a nation of 320,000,000 people.

>"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
That means that because a militia is necessary, it is necessary that we be able to form a militia. And any militia must be as well armed as any threat it may face be they foreign or domestic. When the Chinese invade, we need to be shooting back with assault weapons, not tin can plinkers.

We live in the 21st century, the government isn't a threat. No one except delusional mentally ill southern americans who are the result of inbreeding believe that the government is a threat.

Because every time gun control gets passed, crime rate goes updates

yep, and I am sure he knows what happens if they are infringed.

Listen leaf, Americans have conviction with this. We know a time may come where we or our loved ones will have to fight. Our forefathers told us so, and we take them a little bit more seriously than you do your leaf counterparts.

Why don't you just go further into the north, hide out, and let real men occupy the world?

It ain't about Trump and doesn't matter whi is in office. You arm yourself no matter what.

Idiot.

may god destroy canada and every single leaf along with it

We should arm the teachers then. Problem solved. School shootings are caused literally by a scarcity of guns.

you are an idiot, most of the gun violence in the us is suicide, and the large majority of homicides are commited with standard capacity handguns. Look at the shithole chicago, they have high capacity bans and they have thje cancerous assault weapon ban, and it is literally nigger haven, same with oakland and stockton, murders capitals of the world usually have gun control because the criminals can take advantage of an unarmed population

you sound like the same faggots who were saying "madame president" for the last year and a half. mind your own business leaf.

>not your chair, not your problem

>We live in the 21st century, the government isn't a threat.

We live in the 21st century, almost nobody dies by guns, nobody needs gun control.

hello leaf you must have been sleeping when the podesta emails came out
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599
they speak of an unaware and compliant citizenry. this makes me want to buy firearms now more than ever

There hasn't been a time in history since the American Revolution where you have needed to fight against foreign invaders/your government. And guess what, it's been like that since the end of the revolution and it will continue in that manner.

Wow, not all leafs are complete retards on this board.

WRONG
WRONG
WRONG
YOU ARE WRONG
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I LINKED THIS FOR YOU, YOU STUPID FAGGOT.

It isn't right now. That doesn't mean it's impossible for it to be.

No, school shootings are caused by guns not being regulated. Less guns=less gun crime.

>need
All your needs can be provided for at your local concentration camp, faggot.

Law Enforcement uses real full auto firearms with huge magazines to raid the homes of unarmed pot smokers and kill their dogs.

How can the government say they need this but we don't?

The government granting itself rights it takes from the people is a famous definition of tyranny.

God I love UKbros

OP is Stefan Molyneux and declared that isn't an argument.

Don't forget who won in the war of 1812. We burned your White House down once, we can do it again. America burgers.

If Trump suddenly tried to ban firearms yes I would instantly be scared of him.

I don't need to justify to a fucking leaf. Gun rights are human rights. Sorry your country doesn't respect human rights.

>There hasn't been a time in history since the American Revolution where you have needed to fight against foreign invaders

Give me an argument that they should be banned. You're taking the stance that things should only be legal if the government allows it, when the proper stance is that everything is legal until the government legislates otherwise (this is how it works in both principle and practice) and there has to be a good reason for something to be prohibited (in principle). So, that being said, can you tell me why 30 round magazines should be banned?

>assault weapons

Boogeyman media scare tactics much?

>why any person

all lawful purposes