Why do liberals hate Mike Rowe so much? Or blue-collar work in general?

Why do liberals hate Mike Rowe so much? Or blue-collar work in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=guv5LUT1AFw
youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4
youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

many liberals are middle class and the middle class is full of people desperate to prove how non-working class they are. pretension and class anxiety, at least part of it.

He calls out the fact that they are lazy ignorant naggers whose college education made them stupid.

>Mike Rowe here

>what's wrong with kids today who don't want a back breaking $13/hr temp job with no room for advancement, buncha whiners

>welders make a lot of money, I should know, I work in television

>Journeyman welders average wage is above $30/h
>A journeyman can easily start a contracting business or move to foreman / project management as they gain experience
>Under the table side jobs often ensure a hard worker makes well above what they do on paper
>Labour standards have improved since the 1800s, and competent workers are in demand so you can effectively make your own hours in many cases

Meanwhile white collars get passed over for the boss's son even though they worked through every lunch and weekend for the year producing nothing of any real value besides paperwork.

Face it office workers are dogs

They despise people who work with their hands.

>gets a summer trades job
>"haha, nice I only get to clean up garbage on the site, EASY!"
>"Oh what! I only get $13/h to clean up garbage!? Trades jobs suck!"
>"I'll just get my parent to pay my whole college tuition, fuck that!"

I worked with a kid when I was 19 who was a welder, some sort of specialty pipe welder, he got a job at my restaurant just as something to do on his every other three weeks off. I think he was making 90,000 a year welding.

>be welder
>go blind
> get cancer from breathing in shit all day
>work with niggers and spics
>get crushed or fall because some illegal alien demolition worked does something stupid

ernest goes to work

What do you guys think of IT guys? I feel like IT is a halfway balance between blue and white collar. You've got to have a LOT of technical knowledge/work physically in many cases, especially when actually establishing a network, but there's also a considerable amount of theoretical conjecture, i.e you have to plan out your network architecture and shit like that.

>what's wrong with millennials who prefer to have the handshake of a 40's era housewife and prefer to lotion their palms every night instead of building America. oh yeah, and the starting wage is about $17 an hour....pfft, fuck that. i'll just go get a women's studies degree and shill on the internet for HuffPo!

Nice thing about construction is your co-workers are actually fun to work with and aren't a bunch PC faggots or sluts. Pays not bad and you can take pride in the fact that you actually accomplished something.

Can attest to side work.

I did plumbing and water treatment for about two years. I was getting paid about $22 an hour from my boss.

On side jobs though, like well pump installs or water softener / RO system installs, I was easily pulling in $40 an hour.

There's the social push that "jobs only exist for degrees". People don't understand that trades are extremely lucrative, and make it easier to start your own business since you are the business end of the trade. Why do you think libs are willing to pay so much for shit degrees?

The only people I know who hate Mike Rowe are adult tradesmen who hate that he makes hard work seem like some transcendent experience instead of just a good paycheck. They point out that he isn't really a worksman himself, he's just a TV personality.

Watching the salt when people imply that liberal arts are pointless is pretty great though.

its either awesome saying shit like faggot or retard to your boss but on the flip side you can get stuck with niggers and felons. unfortunately for me during my time as an electrician i was with the latter. construction sucks dont do it. there is always some beaner who will do your job for 1/4th the cost

youtube.com/watch?v=guv5LUT1AFw

I like that he pisses of turbo-leftists, but he doesn't actually do any work, he just plays a guy that does on TV.

Do you move 16 tons of product every day?

Because university made them sensitive to Mike - Rowe aggressions

But Mike Rowe does work with a lot of the trades that he showcases. The fact that he's pushing for a revival of interest in the trades is great. The idea of it being a transcendent experience is because a lot of kids nowadays aren't thrilled with the idea of office jobs, and may not know about trades as well as they could.

Depends on where you live, desu. I am and I worked in a small rural town in Colorado. Only worked with one nigger, and desu, he became my friend. He was a good kid and was an apprentice framer. He was not a felon or your typical citynigger. He was a good ol' boy and he worked hard.

God damn you, leaf.

I work construction in the Whitest state in the USA. All diehard republicans. 50 - 70 hours, work as much as I want the OT is always there. Great pay for the cost of living around here. Gravy train

youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4

Don't you wanna just smack the media when they insult "Red Blooded" Americans? Without people who busted their ass this country would be nothing.

Because he shows that men build, run, repair, manufacture and grow pretty much everything.

Sure, there ARE some women in the TV show, but not in the more dangerous jobs usually, and the ones that are there are not feminine.

And it's mostly FUCKING WHITE MALES!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman have to know a bunch of theoretical shit too. In many cases they end up being responsible for planning how to actually do what the half retarded architect thought was possible

Modern men should learn how to refurbish appliances, motors and furniture. You can never go broke when you can turn one man's trash into the next man's item worth paying for.

Quality pun

This.

The engineers and architects usually want you to do shit that is fucking impossible. But in their design theory, it works. Since they don't actually DO the work, they don't know what ACTUALLY works.

Now that's not to say this is always the case. I have been on some jobs where the engineers come out to the site and will ask us what we think about their blue prints, etc. And there have been times when the suggestions we made to them ended up in the final product.

Can't take pride in the fact that you're a unioncuck though

I've never seen anyone say anything bad about Mike Rowe

They've been tricked by the Jews who run all the colleges and institutions. They claim it creates opportunities but it doesn't. All they want is your money, and then kids complain that they'll be in debt for 30 years because they just had to get that liberal arts or jew finance degree.

youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
You can dig for some salt here.

>white collar workers get passed over for the bosses son
I can confirm. I'm that son. and I honestly do feel bad your situation. please no rope?

My welding teacher would moonligth welding aluminum boat propellers for around 50 dollars an hour (400 sek an hour) to put that in perspective minimum wage in sweden is around 120 sek an hour (can be lower can be higher its always unionized)

I don't even understand how you can look down on anyone when your "job" is writing some shitty article for HuffPo.

ded xD

Thats why you get a good mask, wich is easy to do with the money you are pulling in

That's a sexy mask.
Nice triple.

The jobs he showcases are like jerking off horses to prep them for breeding and making leather, the smelliest shit ever.

Hmm, not sure why that's reddit-tier

He shows people how moronic and absurd aspects of the American left are while valuing hard work and other values few people take up.

Wait, people hate Mike Rowe?

Because as soon as you break your back at a blue collar job, you're just replaced by another unbroken bac and given no compensation. White collar work makes a lot more for a lot less. Mike Rowe himself isn't a blue collar worker. He is a tv personality.