Aleppo

Can some please explain why the America is siding with Saudi funded, Islamic extremist rebels rather than Assad?

It's already been proven that most of the rebels are Jihadis and Al Qaeda/ISIS members, so what gives?

I'm generally clueless on this topic. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

theintercept.com/2015/10/05/saudi-arabia-continues-hire-politically-connected-american-lobbyists-public-relation-firms/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rampant leftover russophobia from the 60s

Americans hate so called "dictators" and love "freedom fighters"
Combine that with Russia's support for Assad, it's obvious why uneducated Americans casually side with the "rebels"

what is it?

It's such fucking bullshit though. How can the US and UK consider theirselves the free West when we're funding bloodthirsty jihadis that brutally murder all non-Muslims?

Ffs, these Syrian Rebels beheaded a 12 year old boy on camera.

I'm so deeply ashamed of my country.

What is what?

a leppo

The US is siding with the moderate beheaders and Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) because Israel and our Wahhabist allies want Assad out of power. Assad being in power has no real direct effect on the US, just like Hussein.

A leppo who?

i have no idea. and OP wont answer me

The US arranged a cease-fire with the Assad regime. We're basically orchestrating drone strikes against ISIS targets and that's it. We're not supporting rebel groups and we're not targeting Assad.

The oil pipeline is beneficial to the US. Syria is in the way and won't grant us access through their country. The goal was to oust Assad and replace him with someone that theatrically could be controlled. As you can see, easier said than done.

Ah, I see your joke now.

Sorry, I'm not a smart person and it went over my head.

better late than new OP

Apparently there is an actually secular rebel army amidst the conflict? I don't really buy it personally, but I heard this kind of claim - and I could never find anything to plainly refute it.

Because the terrorists are fighting for the united states intentions. Hence why America hasn't got really involved in the conflict, they sent troops but they arent actually doing anything against isis

All you did was arm them.

>It's already been proven that most of the rebels are Jihadis and Al Qaeda/ISIS members, so what gives?

If they were secular rebels Isis would have killed them by now and taken their American weapons... oh wait that has already happened several times.

Assad isn't an ally to US.

Same reason why US teams up with israel and Saudis even tho all 3 hate each other, just to control the region.

Jews.

theintercept.com/2015/10/05/saudi-arabia-continues-hire-politically-connected-american-lobbyists-public-relation-firms/

Essentially it should boil down to contracts, civilian and military.

I don't think I ever came across a comprehensive breakdown of interests, but it also would probably sound really mundane if you reduce it to just money. But it should be the bottom level. Next level then would be influence - like US having a grip on gulf monarchies through those military contracts, since fat arab princes can buy but can not use all those F-16s and helicopters and navy and command posts, and they need trained personal and trainers and officers and repairmen, and you need to hire them all somewhere. And you also need civilian advisors for everything, so all this is also a lot of workplaces. And policymakers - they have families. Their kids are becoming 21 of age, they need jobs, and not some dead end looser jobs, but real white collar jobs, they should become think-tankers and they should network, and meet people, do presentations, and eventually become senators or governors or whatever fits the patrician today. So those kids can actually fit in those workplaces, in freshly-conquered countries, or in countries willingly selling oil for dollars, to buy luxury for dollars then, etc.

Tbh the ideological problems or basic incompatibility of worldviews on stuff like human rights or freedom never crosses the minds of 99.99% of people who work in this, beyond the fact that they, on a personal level, hate each other for being infidels or dirty sand monkeys, even when they shake hands in some freshly-built sky-scrapers in Dubai.

It's all just a shitshow.