Does chess=intelligence/IQ?

just beat a burger from israel in less than 3min and jews are supposed to be the most clever ethnicity in the world what does this mean Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIBh_oCTNvQ
youtu.be/jYrZtLONleo?t=2m5s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shame_society
lichess.org/WSni2U1U
online-go.com/
lichess.org/fnSvzOD6
youtube.com/watch?v=0SeI9LLd8Jk
lichess.org/M7CYzpBa
lichess.org/gpKkduV9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he resigned before i could rape him any further thread pic also related

1062 rating. those games don't mean anything.

It means you won a game of chess against someone. Congratulations.

>sub 1200 elo
>knight still undeveloped
LMAO yea you're real intelligent

>1062

1062..... try some 1200 guys - thats when the practice games are over and real chess begins

I always wondered, how do they prevent cheating on those websites? It'd be easy to plug your moves into some program to find the best options.

And yeah there's obviously going to be some correlation with IQ/intelligence and chess, it's a game that involves a lot of planning, thinking and memory. But I wouldn't rely on it as an indicator of intelligence considering how much experience and memorization will help you.

Also Israeli jews don't have really high IQs compared to murrican and euro jews.

babysport

real men play war chess

Poker takes more intellect than chess.

>1062

Jesus christ, someone who has just learned the rules is 1500. I didn't even know rating below 1400 existed. Holy shet

1200 ??

I max out around 1450 in blitz and i suck.
In standard i've hit 1750.

>muh development
Go back to watching Mato.

It test risk taking ability more but it's an indicator of intelligence imo

Who here /competitive pokemon/
The patrician's true intellectual strategy game

He's not wrong, though. I wouldn't even call anything under 1200 'Chess' and nothing under, maybe, 1700 or so 'Real Chess.'

Short answer is no. Whoever studies it longer will habe the advantage

Chess is just ancient autism

Chess has nothing to do with intelligence.
Chess is a "solved" game.
That's why you can have computers be very good at it.

Great players never do a single original move.
They memorize board arrangements and select the correct move from possible solutions that someone else has already worked out.

They can sense your rating, if you string together 10+ perfect moves in a complex situation and your rating isn't 2400+, you're probably going to get called on it.

And IQ does correlate hence why the best GMs are mostly Europeans with some Asians now starting to come up there with virtually no blacks. The best black GM being 2450 and there are literally thousands of whites with that rating.

? what
He has his knight in the back rank still

You are absolute fucking idiot, chess isn't solved by any means. Beyond moves 15, there is no consensus even among engines that rank 400+ points above players as to what the true best line is.

>Chess is a "solved" game
Unironically kill yourself

im pretty fucking average at chess fag obviously i was talking about if it correlates to intelligence

If you're attacking and winning, why waste moves to develop when you can keep up the pressure and win?

if you think jews are the most clever then you also need to acknowledge most ayyrabs as being clever too - they are the same dog but a different leg, dont let any yids/kikes convince you other wise.

You guys got asspained real hard by some quotation marks.

It doesn't change the fact that good players don't actively figure out what the right move is de novo.

Chess is a memorization game.
The more you can remember , the better "player" you'll be

Lichess is pretty good for registered users, you can analyze the game after with their puters, measures inaccuracies, mistakes and blunders. If someone cheats it can be fairly obvious, banning is swift. There are of course a lot of masters on the site, some are verified one way or another. A really clever cheater might be able to pull it off but then have to keep cheating to maintain an artificial rating so what's the point? If you just jump in all user like they allow cheating in unrated games and it won't be long before you are playing a puter pretending to be a person.

Actually the really great players have a natural tendency to recognize common patterns combinations, pins, forks and setups in general, remember common openings and end games because...they learned as children and played a lot.

There is a high degree of intelligence involved. There is a lot of strategy, and a lot of raw data processing. The player evaluates possible moves, and anticipates the consequences of his opponents responses to each move, and calculates all of this several moves into the future. Lots of combinations to evaluate.

So working out thesr solutions doesnt take intelligence? Also people with good memory usually have high intelligence aswell it's about techniques not mindless cramming.

ENOUGH STOP TALKING ABOUT MY SHIT ELO I MY QUESTION WAS IF CHESS CORRELATES TO IQ OR IS IT JUST A SHIT BOARD GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No, but it takes less less intelligence than straight improvisation

Chess is NOT a game of improvisation. I don't know how anyone can deny this.

there is a great quote I remember, I dont know who said it:
>you ability to play chess is a direct measure of your ability to play chess
so yeah, doesnt really have a lot of carry-over to other intellectual activities, though I would say other abstract boardgames (droughts, go, etc.) are easier if you already are good at chess.

youtube.com/watch?v=dIBh_oCTNvQ

Yes it has a correlation with intelligence. No, it is not a great intelligence test.

You need a high IQ to be good at chess. Chess is not a substitute IQ test, though. Some people with IQs of 130 are better at it than people with IQs of 150.

Of course it correlates
Smart people are good after anything they try

IQ correlates with proficiency, whatever the kind

No such thing as pure improvisation thing we all learn from experience. Even most engineering done today is reverse engineering. Nothing is new under the sun.

>open 2 chess games on pc
>make sure you are whites on one and blacks on other
>keep mirroring opponents movements against each other
>50% win rate against pros guaranteed

I used to this in my autism days

African intellectuals have more important things to do than playing chess, that's why there's fewer black grandmasters.

Don't be so black and white, Sven.

There are degrees of improvisation.
Chess has lower degrees than other games and the higher level you play at, the lower that level.

>jews are supposed to be the most clever ethnicity
Actually is asians.
The myth that jews are the smartest just comes from the fact that they are the most ratty. They congregate in their synagogues and devise mischeavous plots 24/7

your elo is shit

>And IQ does correlate hence why the best GMs are mostly Europeans with some Asians now starting to come up there

Behold, the future world champion, the true chess Messiah

youtu.be/jYrZtLONleo?t=2m5s

Currently ranked #4 in the world (2807 rating), and the number 1 best American chess player right now. And he's a Filipino immigrant.

The 2nd and 3rd best American chess grandmasters are Japanese and Italian. Why can't Americans have a home-grown strong grandmaster?

It just means that chess is more autistically studied than other, not taking less intelligence to be good at than other.

You can't separate a game from it's playerbase
Metas are part of a game as the pieces

i hope it does because i suck at chess

>1700
>real chess

sry but i'm lmaoing at you, anything under 2250 elo is like playing pokemon cards.

If you think that China can be trusted to accurately tested

It's been a part of Chinese culture to cheat on tests. It's been like this for hundreds of years

China has a higher than average IQ because enough of them cheat to skew the average upwards

I saw a episode of freemans mind where he talks about IQ. It was very redpilled, but i cant remember it exactly.

another non club playing 1200 player running lip

l-link pls?

might be. But there is also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shame_society

Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better, Tyrone.

Just like every games there are losers crying about metas and that it doesnt take skills to play the game untill some skilled player wtfpwned the metas and they start whining about the new meta. It takes more intelligence to crack an old well studied game than something new and fresh.

No, Chess is mostly memorization.

Doesn't require intelligence, just a shitload of repetition.

HOLY SHIT ME TOO THAT LOOKS FUN LINKLINKLINK

Go back to /r/Atheism, you stupid ass.

That's what makes them cheat
It's considered wiser to cheat than it is to be legitimate

It takes good memory and pattern recognition

In other words most great chess players are on the autism spectrum

Personally I think complete information games such as chess are worthless in the era of computers. There's no room for human innovation when a computer will always be 10 steps ahead of you.

Incomplete information games are way better.

Link me the winning explanation for the Sicilian then

Who wants to play?

lichess.org/WSni2U1U

ches means nothing compared to Go. play here or be forever low IQ

online-go.com/

If you're smart, you're good at chess

If you're really smart, you realize chess is fucking shit

True autism connoisseurs like myself play shogi

1000 elo
lol

lichess.org/fnSvzOD6
fight me OP i'm about as shit as you

Jesus Christ you are dumb, the first dozen moves can be generic yes but you clearly don't know what you're talking about

yeah, i would also decide to cheat if it were the only way to avoid dishonor.

ok that settles it i'll learn go and shogi and harness the the power of true autism

? what does that matter if it's human vs human

Because how autism dick measuring isn't a fun game

Sorry, but you need a second brain for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=0SeI9LLd8Jk

>Moving the pawns in front of your non-castled king
>Knight on the side of the board

GG

good games m8
lichess.org/M7CYzpBa
if anyone else wants to play a few

good game my dude im not used to 5min too stressful LOL

lichess.org/gpKkduV9
Hit me up niggas

This.

Go is a much more in depth and difficult game than chess. Go is to chess as chess is to checkers.

>Jesus Christ you are dumb, the first dozen moves can be generic yes but you clearly don't know what you're talking about

I have a master degree in artificial intelligence and this was one of the subjects we handled.

Chess masters normally only look ahead 2 or 3 moves, rest is all pattern recognition.

Are one of (you) trying to imply that you're me?
Black here...

but really how are you so shit at chess

when i was 11 i had 1700 uscf

git gud

anything under 1700 is subhuman

Black here...
are you implying you're me?

A fucking computer can play chess perfectly.

But the same is impossible for poker, so guess which one uses more intelligence

Go is also a lot harder for computers to play.

(though I have never written a Go computer, just a Chess computer)

I like to think I'm not retarded -- Always been at or near the top of my class, got into a prestigious school, did great on tests, etc.

But I can't into chess. To be fair, the first time I ever played the game was around 19 or so, but I'm playing online with my 500 rating and I'm getting my asshole shredded but 9 year old chink kids

Maybe I'm chesstarded but I suck at this shit. I'm 22 now and I probably still blow ass

Not sure what you mean, I made a game and i thought it was OP that joined, thats what he said in game chat as well

no i got an error when i posted so i posted again Sup Forums is really slow right now for some reason

same

i'm white

Russian hackers

Chess is no longer an indicator of intelligence because opening theory has advanced such that for any player in any game the first 40 moves may be predetermined.

If you really want to challenge your IQ and make double sure no one has simply memorized opening theory, play Fischer Randomized Chess or Circular Chess or Circular Chess with Fischer Randomization.

Chess itself has been compromised, much like Backgammon. With Backgammon all you have to do is remember all the probability charts and you can play any game the best you ever possibly could. Like a computer.

Humans aren't computers though. We thrive when the dynamics change on the fly.

For that reason I highly suggest the 1930's game Camelot.

It's a game that's almost completely tactical, with very little overarching strategy as every shift in pieces on the board means your brain has to start adapting to a completely new strategy. The rules sound simple, but it's a hell of a game. You can really feel your synapses firing.

gotcha. good game britbong

Win Win let the jews and arabs kill eachother off, send money to Palestine and watch the fireworks pop

> from Israel
> most clever ethnicity in the world

They are more than half Mizrahi mixed blood at this point, which is why the IQ average is 95. You just beat some Arab in chess. Good job, goy.

i think the confusion is from the fact 2 separate user games were being played i joined 1 and lost/won in 2 games

do you think you're good at chess?

my computer could beat you

>500 rating

how is that even possible? just knowing how the pieces move and what a checkmate is should probably be equivalent to a 900 rating

>thought it was OP that joined, thats what he said in game chat as well

>emails

[white]Praise Kek
[black]ya ya
[black]don't cheat user
[white]I like lichess but you can easily tell who is cheating
[white]So which country are you from?
[black]burger
[white]Bong here
[black]tip top
[white]spif spoff
[white]bugger, I think I'm screwed here
[black]i play everyday
[white]For how long and any tips, how was my game? I'm a novice so some advice would be nice. I always try and keep my knights
[black]i'm terrible though. i'd advise doing tactics lessons
[black]read pandolfini's guide
[black]maybe fischer's book
[black]it's an exercise book
[white]bookmarked and thanks
[black]also, on chess.com or maybe here. watch gm's and im's play
[white]Will look into those and thanks again
[white]Nice game
[black]gg
[black]gonna post it?
[black]lol
[black]niggas on there acting like they are me