Australian Cigarette Prices

>Australian government.
>Cigarettes are $45 per pack now.
>40 cigs, $45 bucks - for the cheap shit.

What a load of fucking shit.
These cunts MUST be stopped.
>IF NOT STOPPED they will raise alcohol prices, sugar prices, fats prices, taste prices - when cigarettes are too expensive to buy,

It is my right to smoke and if you don't like it you can FUCK OFF.
>These fucking dicks literally cough at you whilst you smoke and walk by - to troll you.
>These same fucking dicks sit out on the street of a trendy cafe huffin up bus fumes all day being gay though.
THATS FUCKING FINE.

>20 cigarettes = $25 of a decent brand.
>In 2020 it will be $45 per pack of 20/25.
>The Australian government must stop this bullshit. Let us speak up and start the movement!

Adding to the above, Sup Forums is censoring the main pizzagate links and is part of the coverup.

Other urls found in this thread:

theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/a-numbers-game-of-blowing-smoke/news-story/840fa342e522d8d5ed2552fae648d7d4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YO FUCKHEADS - PAY ATTENTION!

You do realise cigarettes contain tobacco which is a plant.

YFW you actually just grow plants yourself.

Just don't sell it and no one will give a shit.

>choose to smoke
>use 10x the medical resources of someone who doesn't
>pay for your stupidity

Sounds fair to me

Grow your own?
Also
Cigarettes minimum = $25
Street value marijuana minimum = $25 (some people will go lower)

Where the fuck were you when store bought ciggies cost the same as Street level illegal drugs?

Also we got an ice epidemic atm, think of all those people thinking now "hmm 25 bucks for smokes, or 10 bucks for 1 methamphetamine"

Bumpity bump bump

wtf is happening, so many posts are being 404ed

so why are you having such a hard time finding someone who cares if this is rational?

having trouble posting anything
cig prices same here in Leafistan

m8 come to texas, weed is 10-20 a g and cigs are like 5-10$ a pack

maybe it has a point

how is Sup Forums going to help you prosecute government officials

you need some logic pills son

if cigarettes aren't taxed then smokers should be barred from using socialized medicine

>muh nicotine
deal with it loser
winners don't smoke

they always tax the smokers because fuck them right?
same with alcohol.

A pack of cigarettes here between 4 and 5 dollars, I can't imagine paying that much more.

Dat ID

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

>These fucking dicks literally cough at you whilst you smoke and walk by - to troll you.
>THATS FUCKING FINE.
Dumb smoko

tfw get sweet dominican leaves for half the price as main landers.

Your work is in vain and these cunts will shit up the board for a week talking about censorship anyway.

faggot

Hello, Ben Fischbein.

Hay faggot why are all the safety squad, pizzagate, and bearshare threads 404?

Australia is a nanny state shithole.
Look at t he Aadler lever action shotgun debacle.
5 shots = cat B
7 shots = cat D (same as 30rd AR15)

>YFW you actually just grow plants yourself.
I know a redman who grows his own tobacco in his own basement. He doesn't smoke for shit though.
Could he even grow enough tobacco to get himself through next harvest?

I know, user, I know...

I'm not even a smoker, but Cigarette taxes bring in multitudes more revenue than the costs of smoking related illness.

How much do they pay you mr. Fischbein?

Keep fighting the good fight, my friend

What about fatties who cost way more?

Overall unhealthy lifestyles cost society less in the long run. Elderly healthy people cost more over time.

Ecce homo

Sounds fair IMO

You just need something to ID them; perhaps a smoker's card? That way only smoker's that pay for health insurance can get cheap ones?

Hi

>25g pouch $24 last year
>bumped up to $28
>now $32

Smokers are cattle to be milked.

Rogue mod

Smoking costs the system less because they all die an early death, as opposed to other people who require years of care as their body rots in their senior years

You should really give up Steven's Universe

It's eroding your brain with its Jewish tricks

In fact, Jewish tricks are far worst than the health risks of cigarettes

Someone just needs to smuggle cheap inonesian/philipino cigarettes tbhfam

i'm a neet with no income so I deserve it anyway

Lungs = charcoal.

oh and keep your nose clean.

*nudge* *nudge*
*wink* *wink*

Oh no the government is taxing the worst product currently on the market, except maybe alcohol or corn syrup. Truly this is like another shoah. How will Australian society cope without being able to chain smoke and shit up the public health care system with lung cancer patients.

How horrible.

Same thing happened with pedowood

they will not allow you to push this

Or you could just privatize healthcare and stop legislating healthy behavior.

>ridiculous taxes are ok as long as they're on stuff I don't like

tell mummy user said you deserve an extra good boy point today

www.voat.co/v/pizzagate

Nice Sup Forums manager removed the filter.

I'm pretty sure most countries tax soda and processed food differently from "healthy" food, but if they don't then they should. The same principle applies

Can you roll your own cigs? When I smoked I used to, it cut the cost from $6 a day to about $2

Have fun paying outrageous taxes on eggs, milk, and red meat next. Vegan diet is much healthier goy!

KEK

>muh revenue
It also occupies more doctor time than it should (i.e. more than none), capitalist scum.

cant wait for books to get taxed because you can spent your leisure time doing manual labor.

>paying 10-20 a g
WEW LADS HOPE YOU LIKE SMOKING THAT DIRT ASS REGGIE SHIT ANYWAYS

>needing to worry about doctor time

The cigarette prices are another example of the short sighted government literally ruining this country. Need more money, tax smokes more X 20. Need more money, sell all our shit to china. Etc.

?

Sugar/Fat taxes are a hot topic of debate in many countries, but I don't think they have been widely implemented.

Denmark had a fat tax for a while, but repealed it when it didn't achieve the desired results. Namely, it didn't cut fat consumption and it barely raised any money to due shifts to the black market.

One of the biggest arguments used against these types of consumption taxes is that they become regressive. Poor people are the ones leading unhealthy lifestyles, and so any tax directed at such a lifestyle will disproportionately affect the poor.

The revenue from smoking is like 9 billion a year you idiot. Smoking related illness costs 350 million a year, and thats an exaggerated figure because not all lung cancer etc is smoking related. What happens when most people quit because they cant afford it, which is whats happening now. A huge fucking deficit, that will get filled with more taxes.

I remember when a carton (200 cigarettes) was $10. That was when I smoked.

Tits, timestamp, you know the drill.

thats the price for the good shit down here in texas reggie is about $50 for an ounce

>deer
I am coming for you. Deer Jerkey is fucking delicious

What is the difference between a mod and a manager?

You know a pack of 25 is going be $40 next year? so even the cheapo 40 packs will be like $80. Glad i quit at the start of the year, best thing i ever did, got loads of neetbux now.

Smoking is a disgusting habit with severe health consequences. I can't think of any benefit smoking gives you.

dat headspin

have you ever smoke a pack? smoked a tobacco pipe? a cigar?

Of course he hasn't. He's a nerd who has decided that reading about life is just as good as actually living it.

Tell me about it m8. We're getting fucked over because everyone wants more tax but no one wants to be the patsy and take less handouts or pay more somewhere else. So they fuck over smokers, as if we weren't getting arse raped already.

I just want to beat the utter fuck out of people who are for this.

I'm quitting after Christmas.

You dont think this pink color is a little bit gay?

I'm not a degenerate who got succumbed to peer pressure in high school, didn't smoke to fit in, and therefore never became addicted to taking in poison for the rest of my life.

tax it 10000%. fuck you you're a drain on taxpayer's money you cancerous fuck

Also sugar tax now for fat fucks who do the same

They start with cigars after is gas, food, energy, and so on...

Tax the baseball bat I'll give to your fuckin head.

This totally works and doesn't create black markets at all.

Healthy, thin people actually cost the Healthcare system more over their life because they live longer and smoking related illnesses tend to kill fast.

We already have that (goods and services tax 10%). We need to tax miners and corporations at least as much as us, they pay close to 0% atm.

Do you have the numbers to back that up?

so youve never tried it? ever? ive never heard of high school kids peer pressuring each other into trying a cigar or tobacco pipe.

A 50g bag costs about $50

Fagcuck so mad

police totally don't fuck your shit up either

Pro tip. It doesn't.

So you want become Brazil?

Fuck this, any new tax is terrible, jsut look at us we have the worst tax policy in the world, and it's getting worst every year.

I don't know what you tax regime is but an increase in corporate/coal tax here could be used to relieve the tax burden on everyone else. They rip money out of essential services while these leeches get a free ride.

>Cigarette prices

They're going up at the start of the new year btw.

theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/a-numbers-game-of-blowing-smoke/news-story/840fa342e522d8d5ed2552fae648d7d4

Fucking told you. The kid probably wishes he had been peer pressured as a teenager because it would have meant he at least had friends.

taxing corporations just cause them to leave user.

>falling for the tobacco Jew
ISHYGDDT

RARE

Police aren't going to enforce that shit you fucking idiot.

the best part is if you wanted to save the country money and make people healthier, the best way to do it would be to cut off medical assistance to anyone who is more than 10 kg overweight

of course that's fat shaming, racist and sexist, so we can't. instead we'll tax people who smoke so they can be screamed at while we propel morbidly obese people to the front of the sydney morning herald, making it look okay and costing the country billions

fun fact: all of the money we spend on treating gun wounds, cigarette smokers and victims of domestic violence is dwarfed by the money we spend on obese people. if you're not obese you will contribute on average more to the medical system than you take out.

dude corporations already have huge taxes on them, 30% in fact. and that's taken off of income, before it goes to shareholders.

what do the corporations do to pay no taxes? they lobby the fuck out of the government and hire lawyers to use every single exemption, incentive and so on in the book. if you're a well meaning politician and you create a tax deduction for corporations who help starving children, a coal mining company will somehow use that to pay less tax.

the only way to get more tax revenue is ironically to lower taxes. do what trump says he's going to do, make it more of a burden to leave than to pay taxes.