Bilingual fags look here

Bilingual fags look here

Best way to learn a new language without ripping ass on a class or tutor?

Mainly interested in learning German since I learnt a small amount of it in primary school and it's apparently the easiest language to learn for native english speakers.

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGJkf4BLxTw
youtube.com/watch?v=Jf1fkWKf3x8
iml.uq.edu.au/courses.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lpTEQwnUlRo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No it's not. Not by any means.

Why not?

duolingo.com

awesome basics stuff and then you should just listen to the music and see the movies in the language you're learning and so on.

easiest way is to grow up learning two languages

In absence of THAT, how learn lang tho?

Well sorry, we wiped out the 200 other languages the abos spoke so that's not going to happen for Aussies.

Video games.

this but phone app

Who is dis?

What video games are made in chocolate and waffles language?

and also, no. If you wanna learn a germanic language you should go for any scandinavian language. German is horrible to learn both with grammar and pronounciation but scanditounge is a stripped down german/norse combo which is kinda kewl.

Why bother learning German? In a few years no one will speak it.

>leaf doesn't know who Lauren Southern is

Jesus christ. She's a leaf too.

Lauren plz by my gf

Is swedish easy to learn?

Which is this easiest Scandinavian language?

She doesn't quite look like Lauren

>learning German
Idiot you need to learn Arabic instead, German language is done for.

Basically all the time you spend online browsing Sup Forums instead spend listening to your language of choice. Learn about 20 words a day. Do this for a year and your German will be fucking good. But be honest with yourself, you are too much of a lazy faggot to do either of those things.

No, it really is pretty easy. Most of the basic words are like English. Grammar is peculiar. Advanced words are hard because they often dont have latin roots like English does.

do not learn german. german society has been so cucked there is nothing to love about it. you'll only be able to communicate with literal cucks and 3rd worlders if you learn that language. i regret learning it.

sorry Brudis. das ist die Wahrheit.

Mate I want to learn Latin eventually. I don't care about dead language or not.

Is she jewish or not?

duolingo or similar, watch subtitled tv shows in their language and try to understand words here and there, travel to the country and practice.

there aren't any real shortcuts but these are what i've found work.

where do i buy this hoodie

Latin is hard as hell. Ridiculous grammar.

Nothing worth learning is easy, but you should know that since you already speak a germanic language it should be easier for you.

But swedish is, by far, the easiest of the three scandic languages to learn and understand cause of the small variation of the dialects.

There's no confirmation. She said her paternal grandparents fled Denmark when the Nazi's occupied it, but that's not a Jew confirmation.

Even if her paternal grandparents were jews, Jewish ancestry is only passed matrilineally.

She did a DNA test and there's no ethnic jew either.

French ezier cuz its more related.. gov says 850 hrs for proficiency in german and 800 for fr spanish etc. learn with books. Look up assimil german and buy it off amazon for like 60 usd.

Is that her sister?

>She did a DNA test and there's no ethnic jew either.
True, but people have said she is.

That's her.

I think RightWingDeathSquad sells them

And no, she's not. Go watch her DNA test yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=iGJkf4BLxTw

Germans a whole hell of a lot more useful right now. More people to speak with, more business connections to be done. Plus the overwhelming majority of Norwegians and Swedes at least below 40 or so speak perfect English, way better than Germans.

Is this accurate?

I was kinda forced to learn Spanish

My parents shipped me off to Spain when I was in 4th grade without telling me anything or teaching me any Spanish. Immersion will do wonders. I do, however, go back every summer.

Norwegian standard seems notably easier than Swedish, the verb conjugation and grammar seems at least nominally simpler. I mean the languages are nearly identical, but those small things don't seem to indicate that Swedish would be easier at all

You're right in that statement, but seen from the language perspective swedish is simpler than german.

I know. But it's coolio.

If I were you I would learn Afrikaans

Very similar to Dutch but its grammar is far easier to learn for English speakers

Yes thats what i just told u u fuk go learn german because ure interested in, dobt learn swedish because its "easy." Buy assimil, and ye that comes from the usa gov, its legit.

T. Read perisan french german learning arabic

I just want to learn the easiest language first because as I've been told, once you learn your first language, the rest become easier.

Oh no doubt, but I was speaking more about utility than ease, I don't see much use in a foreigner learning Svenska whatsoever outside of gaining Swedish citizenship or a Swedish girlfriend, even then not so much since she'll probably know perfect English

What city do you live in user?

It's not her. The teeth are completely different.

>learning other languages besides english

why? german is arabic at this point; its a dead language.

python

Sure it seems that way, but i kid you not, it ain't.

Lived there for a few years and learnt the language. The written standard, bokmål, is real nice and easy to write and speak but then you have all the regional dialects that change both the written and spoken tounge in ways you cannot fathom. Just look up the difference between Oslo-norwegian and TRONDERSK.

How hard is it to unlearn languages?

well you're fucked because my advice is only for learning English. and that is: learn the stupid irregular verbs, watch movies, that's all.

Afrikaans then, by far the easiest Germanic language, the conjugation is essentially gone completely and the grammar is almost completely normal subject-predicate

The sephardic jews all originated around the Iberian peninsula, right?

>that hoodie.

go live there for a while, study abroad

Yeah but if you're a Sephardic Jew they tell you that.

This website doesnt have Korean. Any alternatives that can teach me gook?

actual autism

Brissy

Honestly Spanish was extremely easy to learn for me at least, it's extremely regular at least, the conjugations have some exceptions but not too many, the pronunciation is easy and the sounds are distinct to tell apart from each other, and a ton of the upper-level vocabulary is shared with English

It seems true. Yours is like German-lite

Assuming the language is in the same branch (romance, germanic, etc.) then yes.

Swedish and German are still useful in the sense that you could you use the language to understand what is actually going on in the countries, by at least reading media online.
Maybe?

Spanish is easy, except for the subjunctive (when it is triggered), and maybe prepositions (with certain verbs)

Any protips for Spanish?

Why do Norwegian and Swedish at least sound normal if not a little funny to an English speaker but Danish sounds like a retard with a potato and glue in their mouth?

Visit the /sci/ guide located in their sticky.
They probably have some shit about it.
also check out pimsleur technique, search ppirate sites for audio books on it.

Taco spanish is easy. Tapas spanish not so much

How about Dutch? I heard that sounds atrocious.

Immersion is good

t. American-Spanish dual citizen

Learning a language is about immersion, OP.

You will need four things:

A good grammar guide (don't skimp on this).
Access to "listening" material.
Enough dedication to do at least an hour per day.
Time.

That's it. Listening material if you're teaching yourself means Youtube videos and downloading dubbed movies (ideally, movies you've already seen so you don't have to sweat the plot). You have to develop an "ear" for the language. This is absolutely key. And find a topic you're interested in and read about it in the language you're learning.

Duolingo is a good side aid but shouldn't be your main focus as it's basically a vocabulary tool (albeit a very good one). The salient point here is you could complete the entire Duolingo tree but be fucked the minute a native speaker starts talking to you because normal people don't sound like Duolingo robot talkers.

>Mainly interested in learning German
Fucking pointless.

People learn languages to communicate, ffs. What could a german speaker possibly tell you, how to be an ubercuck?

Learn the verbs and different subjects (I, you formal, you formal plural, etc.) first, the conjugation is extremely regular and intuitive and it's pretty simple after that, the suffixing at the end of words used to form abstract nouns and a lot of the other stuff should be extremely intuitive if you already know English

>Best way to learn a new language without ripping ass on a class or tutor?

Professional linguist here.

The quickest and most effective way to learn a new language is to move to a country where that language is spoken, and immerse yourself in the culture. Shit like Rosetta Stone and Duolingo are helpful but will only give you a fundamental knowledge of the language. Its also less time efficient. German and French are both easy to learn as an English speakers, especially compared to a language like Chinese or Japanese.

How many times have all scandinavians, including the danish, pondered over this question?
an infinity.

Seriously though, no one fucking knows. It's fucking weird though and everyone here thinks so.

The easiest languages to learn for a native English speaker according to the US Government diplomatic services are
>Dutch
>Spanish
>German
>French

Lauren Southern has a slight snaggle tooth.

This chick isn't her.

Be prepared to be made fun of for not rolling your r's right.

What I've noticed as a Spanish-American dual citizen is that Mexicans will never talk to you in Spanish

My Spanish is just as good as my English (hell, I prefer to use it when I can). The other day, I was with some friends at a Mexican restaurant, and we were all speaking Spanish (we also have heavy Castilian accents, so we don't sound like Americans speaking it). Waiter comes up and asks us shit in English, we try to reply in Spanish, he keeps using English, and as soon as he leaves he starts speaking Spanish to his coworkers

God I hate Mexicans

Yeah but Dutch doesn't have a "relative" to it anywhere nearly as close as Swedish-Norwegian-Danish, it has a passing resemblance to German but the pronunciation is weird. I mean it sounds ridiculous, but the thing with Danish is that it's nearly identical to Swedish and Norwegian but sounds nothing like them and way more retarded.
Vid related: You can barely even understand a lot of the fucking individual sounds these people are saying:
youtube.com/watch?v=Jf1fkWKf3x8

How much beer can you drink?

How much of a language would you want to learn beforehand? Like, you'd want to be at least able to carry on a simple conversation, right?

Dutch does have Afrikaans

But it is. German American here. Our languages are basically the fucking same.

Go to a German speaking country and live there. Not even joking. Thats the only way to become fluent in a language

It's a bit expensive but UQ does to some great courses. I do the French one myself. iml.uq.edu.au/courses.html

If you're not willing to sign up for the course I'd recommend buying the textbook they use for the course. You can still teach yourself with the course and the textbooks tend to be of a much greater quality than any shit you can find online.

LOL that's fucking hilarious, that shit happens to me all the time too. Also don't take it the wrong way but the Castillian accent sounds like fucking cancerous grinding glass with a sharp lisp to me.
t. White American fluent in Spanish around a lot of Mexicans

So duolingo and what else is useful for self-teaching?

>2016
>learning German

Learn a language that won't be irrelevant in 20 years due to shitskins killing all it's native speakers.

1. learn some basics with duolingo or whatever

2. get a German novel/book of intermediate level

3. lookup EVERY word you don't know and write it in the margin of the book and on a flashcard

4. study the flashcards and continue through the book ...

5. find a good grammar book to study along the way

6. get a german friend to speak to for fluency. Don't worry about speaking correctly just work on getting your ideas out using what you know. Don't get discouraged or mad if they correct you. They are trying to help and that's how you'll learn

7. listen to german music and watch german TV shows for pronunciation

this will get you very far. Use the language as often as possible

This. After one month you can start having autistic-tier conversations with people. Within two months you'll be beheaded because foreigners

lol

>Danish
youtube.com/watch?v=lpTEQwnUlRo
You don't like it?

I go to UQ, econ student. Looked at IML but those prices though.

Yeah I forgot about that I guess, Afrikaans is somewhat simpler and pronounced slightly different though, but not anywhere near the magnitude of pronunciation difference between Danish and Norwegian/Swedish

audio books.

Look up the pimsleur technique and buy/download them

WHO IS THAT WOMAN I AM IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

You need things to read and things to listen to.

The more the better. Start with kids books and kids shows (not even joking) and work your way up.

>the conjugation is extremely regular

there are a shit ton of irregular verbs

Hard to give up a well paying job to do that.

Thought about going to university there for another BS or MS but most courses require fluency.

>just move to another country

Why the fuck do people say this as advice?

Yeah I'm just going to leave my entire life behind and move to another country.

Look up Michel Thomas, he has a method for teaching adults that will have you speaking the basics in hours. Keep in mind his method is speaking only so you will probably need to supplement it to really learn the language proper.

More than Nature Boy Ric Flair but less than Chyna

Speak English faggot.