Claims to be an alpha male

>claims to be an alpha male
>can't even control which gear his car is in
don't give in to the automatic jew, retain some autonomy. Drive a stick

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jZq0H86qeSo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_v._Ford_Motor_Co.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alpha males don't care about being told they're not real men by faggots on Sup Forums

>implying I care about the opinion of this faggot on Sup Forums
keep riding around in that prius faggot

women drive more sticks than you

>touching a phallic shaped stick 3 times before hitting 60kmh makes you less gay

wut

maybe if you drive a euroshit car. my ford SVT gets to 75mph in 3rd gear.

>being this insecure

They are two distinctly different pieces of technology.

However manual transmissions are obsolete. To the point that they are even starting to disappear in commercial transport vehicles.

not here, Chinese Taipei. theyre too busy fucking around on their phone or putting on makeup while driving to change gears

>calls other insecure
>validates his masculinity with manually shifting gears

lol

>obsolete
>still being made

autos are absolutely degenerate and your gf can't even fuck and ride it

>doing things the less practical way makes you manly
youtu.be/jZq0H86qeSo

Yeah because of retards who hold on to obsolete technology. They still make fucking CRT televisions. And printer comm cables.

>tfw your date picks you up in a volkswagen
kys op

Are you guys serious? I feel like none of you have never driven a stick, the auto Jew is real

>I dislike something because I can't use it

>falling for the practicality ruse
god forbid someone do something enjoyable. Get back to work, goyim, no time to waste!

My first car was an automatic
My second was a manual, as well as the next 23 cars I owned.

My car does not know the road ahead. That is why manual is yet to be obsolete.

>being so insecure that you're strawmanning so hard.

>used to play with hard vibrating objects
>want one in the car
>says "no homo" every time need to do grocerice at McDonalds

How am I supposed to masturbate while driving if I have to manually shift?

If you're not 60 why the fuck have you gone through so many cars? I'm 23 and have had two, first car was an auto current car is a manual. My dad has had 5 and he's 47.

>don't give in to the automatic jew, retain some autonomy. Drive a stick

I agree user.

Only fags cant drive manual.

>Everyone who doesn't like what I like is a nu-male beta cuck ultrafaggotnigger.

Protip: narcissism isn't "being alpha," it's being a huge fucking mental infant.

>driving cars with unnecessary bullshit is enjoyable
What? You drive a car to get from where you are to somewhere else. It's not enjoyable.

crt is superior in many ways user.

>being alpha is whatever you want it to be, ignore traditional definitions of masculinity!

I use to drive a 10 speed no better feeling than getting in my automagic after work fuck shifting gears

>have to cycle through 23 pieces of shit because you can't afford a new automatic

>unnecessary bullshit
>having more control over the car
pick one

>t. Mrs. NuMale

Thank you for letting me how the DCT in my M4 is inferior to the stick in your 12 year old corolla, user

why not just walk everywhere if you're so alpha?

Keep your shit to yourself. Automated vehicles are the future. Simple. Efficient. GLORIOUS.

Also only retards with no mechanical affinity can't control the shifting of an automatic.

>having less control is superior

>he control clutch slippage

Men who like to twiddle a stick as often as possible and still consider themselves men.

>transit
>losing attention to change the fucking lever

kys

nope. Manually actuated, sure. All modern sports car have single/dual traditional clutch, robotically actuated

Such a retarded logic. Why are you on Windows then? Why not on gentoo, you can have more control over it. Why are you breathing naturally, why not use an oxygen mask and machine so you can control the level of O2 intake?

>manual transmissions are obsolete
Bullshit they are, it's annoying as fuck to suddenly have the torque change on you.

/o/ approves

>touching a phallic shaped stick 3 times before hitting 60kmh
I just bump a lever once to reach that speed

Wrong. There's 4 common types of transmissions in vehicles. All 4 of which are completely different pieces of technology that operate nothing like one another.

Stick? Yeah, no thanks, I'm not going to drive like some fucking caveman fag that constantly needs to be giving his car a handy.

Fuck that shit.

>claims to be alphamale
>can't operate a motorcycle

momma wouldn't let you buy one cuck boy?

>increasing my chances of stalling and having to do more work while driving so that I can make loud nigger noises with my engine
yeah sorry /o/ I don't give a fuck

>not knowing that you can prevent unwanted upshifts on an automatic.

Lel retarded irrelevant arguments that have nothing to do with manual shifting

ayy, fellow motorcycle bro here

>implying I don't have one
kys

that's a fucking stupid comparison

There will still be analog controls in case user hacks your car (like muh ruskies hacked the election) And by the way AI will be superior because It has instant reaction time, communicates with other vehicles, isn't a nigger, doesn't get high or drunk, isn't a woman and doesn't get tired or do random burnouts for no reason so my words still stand Simple. Efficient. GLORIOUS.

traditional automatic transmissions are shit. driving us roads and hearing those engines revving without reason at random times is unnerving

the stick can go, I get that. Too much for dumb hands. Clutch must stay

>wanting a quiet engine
found the beta

>revving without reason at random times

Are people really so retarded that they don't know how to influence the shifting on an automatic transmission?

You're some Top Gear watching cuck who thinks the epitome of masculinity is making a car more complicated than it should be. In essence, you're a teenager who thinks his rusty Saturn or Toyota or whatever the fuck you drive, is a racecar so you get cheap thrills from shifting a lever over and over again because you are easily amused.

You also live in the suburbs, or the countryside where you never have to worry about heavy traffic, and probably have no job where you have to be on the phone constantly.

Nigga, I love my phallic-shaped shifting device. And I love the poon. Sometimes love the dick. So fuck off!

>2016
>still being a poorfag stickcuck
>car jerks everytime you switch gears improperly
>having RACING emblem and stripes on your car
>putting the car in neutral and revving the engine on the stoplight
>holding onto a phallus shaped object to objectify your masculinity

Driving manual here. Feels good mate.

>b-but that's wrong! it's the best way to drive! it's manly! here's an ad-hom to prove you wrong!

I have never seen a good argument for driving manual other than emotional "bro its about da feeeeel of the car" and ad hom "yhahahah ur just a pussy". Literally none. None of you people are professional racing drivers, that is the only legit reason to prefer a manual over an automatic.

No dumbass, a professional driver would prefer a DCT because it shifts quicker.
People prefer manuals because it does feel better, you have more control over the car and you get a more tactile connection with it

>hurr changing gear im so in control

Get a Model T - control a non-synchro transmission and manage fuel and spark advance manually cuck

Also, most DCT on non-high end cars (or slushboxes with paddles) are dog shit, thus a manual is superior to those

would love to drive one

Again, only if you don't understand the principal behind which an automatic transmission functions. If you have an IQ greater than nigger tier you can get a tactile connection with an automatic.

so informed
nothing gets by you

You don't have more control
You tell yourself you do because you're a benchracing boi-racer faggot

Not the same as a manual
You'd know this if you've driven one

how exactly don't you?

>my car has an auto-stick mode
>the best of both world

My first 2 cars were manuals. After having spent years in traffic juggling the clutch/gas and brake, automatics are so boss teir.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_v._Ford_Motor_Co.

unless you're a shareholder there is no reason why anyone should support the automotive industry.

>Be me in the late 1990s.
>Out with friends in Mum's Chevrolet Cavalier.
>Faggot in 5 litre mustang pulls up at stop light and starts revving engine.
>Throw down just for shits and giggles.
>as predicted the faggot misses 2nd gear and gets beaten by a fucking economy car.

>live in city
> stick shift cuck
>constant traffic grid lock
>never get out of second gear
>should have bought the auto jew

Tfw Uber in Houston with a stick. Fucking cucks, with your power wasting, gas wasting, CVT shitmobiles.

this thread really makes you think

No I've driven manual. It's literally the kind of thing that gives nigger brained retards a sense of pride

Wut cvt are more efficient

Who gives a shit as long as it takes you from A to B.

muh ad hominems

If you're going to spend time in a car, you might as well enjoy it

I like to imitate masturbation with my gear stick 2bh. Like, move my hand in it up and down like i'm jerking off other man lol.

>finding the clutch point every time you start to move the car
>on ramps you have to do a jewish trick to let the car move with handbrake + acceleration

>yet another muhhhhhhh feels argument

Manual cucks are literally the SJWs of the driving world. Yeah I'm sure shifting into 3rd gives you an orgasm and you never get tired of it, some people however have more important things on their mind. Like getting to the damn place and not giving a fuck about the drive to the way there.

This.

My Audi with Tiptronic 6-speed with sport mode and steering wheel shifting makes normal manuals look like child's toys. Then if my GF ever drives it she can leave it in D all day and give no fucks.

>You don't have more control
Wrong.
You can accelerate quickly by keeping it in a low gear when coming out onto a highway, or keep it in a high one and save yourself some gas while cruising. You can engine brake too.
You have options.

if you've driven stick for more than two months you should be able to hill start without the handbrake no problem

sorry you can't find enjoyment in anything other than seeing your wife spend time with the bull. Some people have hobbies desu

Gear queers who like everyone else get too autistic in their little love affair and completely forget the purpose of cars the vast majority of the time is a-b driving, not fantasizing about being Michael Schumacher going 55 around a gentle bend.

20 mile/30 minute drive to work twice a day in fuckarrific traffic 80% of the time. Lol at the manual master race meme.

Not happening, sorry.

>throwing a tantrum when people don't like what you like
>getting your delicate feelings hurt when someone calls you out on your bullshit

Is getting unreasonably offended also a part of "traditional masculinity"?

Go back to dumblr and pretend to be a man there.

>he pointed out a flaw in my argument
>better double down
stay mad

Only give in to the automatic jew to line all the "jews" up.

Buying cheap? Manual will be better as long as you can drive it.

Buying high end? Automatic will be better than the manual version.

Thats all there is to it. Cheap autos suck, expensive ones don't.

First car was an 2001 Wrangler with four cylinder with a five speed, a friend had a 2002 with a three speed auto. Mine wasn't fast, but it got the job done, his fucking lost speed with it floored at 50 on a long hill because Jeep put a shit autobox in it.

>handbrake

unless you're driving an underpowered shitbox, just hold the brake pedal and bring the clutch to the biting point so it holds, then give it gas.

So you like touching and holding big sticks?

Don't kid yourself, you don't have an argument.

I do, and it's that manual is better because it gives you more control and makes you more in tune with the car
>autofags will try to refute this

>this fucking projection

Top kek I'm asking you to provide reasons other than muhhh feel of the car for driving manual and you're talking about cuck fantasies. Why is it everything is sexual with you manualcucks?

Give me ONE reason why you would need more control of a car in day-to-day driving conditions other than steering, accelerating, and braking. Just one.

Or just let off the brake and quickly give it gas while releasing the clutch. Have some balls and quit holding the brake you pussy.

It's much more difficult to tactically drive with a manual. If it comes down to it and I have to drive and shoot or pull off 180° turns I don't want to have to worry about changing gears too. Automatic is how cars should be. They're equally efficient nowadays rendering manual transmission obsolete. Plus do you really want drivers these days to be more distracted? Stop being an elitist, it doesn't make you more manly, this is coming from a guy who actually practices escaping from ambushes in a vehicle.

You should however know how to drive one in case you need to commandeer a car and for whatever reason the owner was a retard and bought a manual.

>Give me ONE reason why you would need more control of a car in day-to-day driving conditions other than steering, accelerating, and braking. Just one.
to make driving less boring? I apologize for insinuating you might want your commute to be a bit more fun

I'll concede that that ONLY time an auto is acceptable is if you deal with big city traffic jams on a regular basis

>accelerating
>braking
Those are some pretty major arguments for manual. You don't want to accelerate at the same rpm you cruise at, and hills exist.