Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

rawstory.com/2016/12/here-are-5-reasons-to-suspect-jesus-never-existed-2/
docs.google.com/file/d/0B19xvjWcVKp5NGYwYThlNTYtZTQ4Ni00YmQ3LWJlNzUtN2UwOGViOGI0YjNi/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism
youtu.be/j4PTf7LgsIE
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289613000846
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000238
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>atheists don't breed

What a surprise.

Neither do white christians.

Please let them subscribe to atheism so when a gun toting pope like figure comes through they have some type of unironic belief.

JESUS NEVER EXISTED

jesusneverexisted.com

rawstory.com/2016/12/here-are-5-reasons-to-suspect-jesus-never-existed-2/

>he won't inherit eternal life

Sad.

>muslims outbreeding both of us by almost double

wew lad

OP BTFO!

>atheism is dying
>well at least the white Christians are going too hahahahha

And you people wonder why atheists are just as hated as Jews....

Tfw muzzies and Christians purge the jew, homosex, and atheicuck S O ON

Crusade against atheists soon brother.

It's because stupid people breed more, and stupidity and relgion go hand in hand.

Swap atheism and christians with your post, and you have the OP.

Really makes you think, dunnit?

>atheism
>a religion
>heu heu derp

>larping this hard

Plus religious people don't use birth control, so the plague the planet with their unwanted offspring.

Third world populations explode, western populations decline

Atheism is the natural state of humans, there's no stopping it only delaying it

It is truly laughable that OP thinks this is a good thing.

Educated people breed less

We pretend to be Christians here

Im a Bektashi muzzie. Atheists kil'ed us and our Christian brothers for years

>not breaking it down by sect
And this doesn't even include the Amish.

While terrible for my sodium levels I can't help but notice that none of you posted an argument.

I was "atheist" as an edgy teenager. Not anymore. I'm not religious at all, but not atheist.

The key is that understanding that any religious faith that persuades people to alter their actions has a very real effect, a very real power on earth. That's a good starting point toward understanding the role of faith in a world that deifies science.

Furthermore, I'd argue that one reason Christianity swept across Europe and virtually stamped out paganism is that it's central message was VERY persuasive. It appealed to human nature: Man naturally wants to be spiritually uplifted. Your faith should make you feel good for believing it. How a story, teaching or experience makes you *feel* is your natural *intuition* -- a feeling that God gives you to help you know him.

People were used to being told that God (or gods) were angry with them; That they had to make sacrifices of harvest or blood to gain the gods favor; that bad times were the gods punishment.

Christ's most important message was that God's love and forgiveness were endless; that everyone, high and low, strong and weak, good and evil could still be forgiven and welcomed into God's love. Everyone loves a good comeback story.

Now the good times weren't bought by pagan sacrifice; they were gifted by a loving God. Now the struggles weren't a sign of mans sin and God's wrath; they were a challenge that God has given you so that you would emerge stronger. Now when a man made a mistake, committed a crime, felt like a sinner he heard "Judge not, lest ye be judged" "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

That kind of compassion makes a faith easier to follow.

There is not denying the fact that there is a negative correlation between religion and intelligence.
Hundreds of studies have reached such a conclusion. Feel free to cherry pick all you want - the general consensus is that relgious people lack critical thinking skills and have a lower IQ on average:

docs.google.com/file/d/0B19xvjWcVKp5NGYwYThlNTYtZTQ4Ni00YmQ3LWJlNzUtN2UwOGViOGI0YjNi/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Modern Russia doesn't even hold a candle to how Christian Imperial Russia was.

>cherry pick all you want

Ok. Seems like I have quite a few to choose from.

Also, remember that atheism and autism are very heavily linked.

psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/201205/does-autism-lead-atheism

Video related, an atheist intellectual in his natural environment.

youtu.be/j4PTf7LgsIE

Great job proving absolutely nothing. Of course there are intelligent theists but by and large they are less intelligent.

Here's another, non-cherry picked, non anecdotal study for you:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289613000846

Atheists are demonic beasts sent from hell

>Both groups have retards
>therefore that proves I'm right

If you want to go down the statistics route would you care to explain why atheists are invariably liberal cucks?

You do realise mildly intelligent millennial don't think about the ramifications of existence, and just let (((celebrity scientists))) and (((youtubers))) think for them. They are atheists because they're ignorant, their mediocre IQ pushes them into atheism because they assume people who are cleverer must 'know' more about life than them without ever really thinking about why.

It's the ultimate appeal to authority. An argument based on a fallacy is not an argument.

> Lost the IQ argument
> Better throw out a political red herring.

And no, my argument is not that there are retards in both groups. My argument is that there are MORE retards among theists and atheists and agnostics. Read the studies.

>this is what christfags actually believe
hahahahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah

Appeal to authority. Not an argument.

Anyway here's an image showing the relationship between countries' belief in a god and average IQ.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000238

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

So now scientific studies that you disagree with are part of some ((conspiracy)) to you fucking morons?

Well that's one way to maintain your bullshit narrative.

But by all means, continue to stick your head in the sand. It's what theists do best.

I'm saying that your argument is an appeal to authority, and that correlation does not imply causation.

Which of these inherent truths do you disagree with and why?

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Good. Cultural marxists forcing atheism onto people was a huge fucking mistake. problem is, now that christianity is so fucking cucked, I can see a lot of millennials turning to islam instead.

>that's what theists do best

Where did the universe come from?

Can we stop these stupid threads?

Christians and atheists need to unite and focus on the real enemies at hand, mudslimes and jews.

It didn't come from anywhere.

Atheists are literal Jews and can't be trusted. If they are given an inch they will take a mile, and we will suffer because of it.

unrelated to the subject, but holy shit work on that writing.
In the first 3 lines you say
>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world.
>Atheism is in decline worldwide
>Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide.

the redundancy is so fucking real, be at least a little concise.

> Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world.
Yet the degeneracy is spreading rapidly worldwide.