WHY ARE YOU NOT VEGAN YET?!

Why are you not vegan yet?

If you look at the academic literature it's clear that a plant based diet is the healthiest diet.

youtube.com/watch?v=7rNY7xKyGCQ

(Michael Greger M.D., has been summarising nutrition related peer reviewed academic research for decades and runs a nonprofit.)

And, again, the peer reviewed academic literature overwhelmingly shows that a plant based diet is the healthiest diet. So why are you not a vegan?!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Greger

nutritionfacts.org/

goodreads.com/book/show/25663961-how-not-to-die

Also, muh animals.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HDGVGZISro
nutritionfacts.org/2011/08/25/vegan-b12-deficiency-putting-it-into-perspective/
youtube.com/watch?v=wx0pOGVMntM&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd9Bn61b8235QCqr0QwMEfR9
news.usc.edu/59199/meat-and-cheese-may-be-as-bad-for-you-as-smoking/
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd love to do it for the health benefits and clear skin, but I crave dairy and meat too much.

Aw yea boi pump my neg hole full of that estrogen mmm tofu and soy

Because the benefits don't outweigh the pleasures from eating meats.

I'd rather eat whatever I wish without concern if it were vegan for 80 years of my life then be vegan for 85 years and gain 5 more years when im old as fuck anyways.

Michael Greger appears to be bald, blind and skinny fat. Probably has horrible teeth, too.

Veganism is garbage.

I know it's good for you but I've been lifting for years and I can't be fucked to adjust my diet without meat, dairy and eggs to get enough protein.

>tofu and soy
There are lots of other good protein sources.

> lentils
> beans
> chickpeas
> edamame
> oatmeal
> different kinds of seeds
> spinach
> broccoli
to name only a few.

A vegan diet is actually great. You feel a lot better and all the veggies tastes really good once you get used to it.

And the health benefits are enormous. Wouldn't you want to add (healthy) decades to your life?

At least try it out!

You can use vegan protein powder. I use a mix of pea, rice and hemp protein. It works great.

We didn't get to the top of the food chain by strictly eating plants.

>argues for the benefits of a "plant based" diet, not necessarily a vegan diet comprised exclusively of plants
>needs vitamin b12 supplements to not be malnourished because b12 can only be found naturally in animal products

All vegans are just cucked by animals.
>muh animals are treated cruel
>muh vegans don't get cancer

Moderation in all things, including moderation.

Sometimes I go all vegan for a month at a time; sometimes I pig out of BBQ for a month.

Usually I go for a balanced diet, including a a bit of everything I can.

I figure my body will run best if I give it a wide variety of foods, and a variation in what I eat as well.

>Michael Greger appears to be bald, blind and skinny fat. Probably has horrible teeth, too.
That's not true user.

Vegans are very attractive.

She probably smells like cabbage, bro.

So is it a Jewish trick to eat alot of meat? Or is it a Jewish trick to give up all meat? Too much Jewish bullshit in science these days.

You're a tranny aren't you?

vegan pussy tastes like human shit mixed with cocaine with no numbing effect

There are plant based sources of b12 (yeast, which is sort of plant based), but yes taking supplements are probably cheaper.

youtube.com/watch?v=-HDGVGZISro

> It’s true, plants don’t make B12. Animals don’t make it either. B12 is made by microbes that blanket the earth. These bacteria grow in the guts of animals, which is why their bodies and products can be a source of this vitamin. Our herbivore primate cousins get all they need ingesting bugs, dirt, and feces, and we may once have gotten all we needed by drinking out of mountain streams or well water. But now we chlorinate our water supply to kill off any bugs. So we don’t get a lot of B12 in our water anymore, but we don’t get a lot of cholera either—that’s a good thing!

nutritionfacts.org/2011/08/25/vegan-b12-deficiency-putting-it-into-perspective/

I know that I can substitute it, but I would miss the taste of meat, like a good steak. I don't eat it that much because I can't really afford to.

Eggs though... that makes up so much of my diet.

>once you get used to it

Literally Stockholm Syndrome.

If I ever run out of animals to eat vegans are next on the list to get hacked up for barbeque.

Listen bitch i have hard work to do i need my daily red beef im not a pussy working in silicon valley and sippin fruit smoothies all day

because i'm not a faggot. meat is for strong men

What's the point in eating healthy if we're going to die anyway?

haha nice try jewgle

Vegans great if you are a low energy weak office bitch, but if you do a man's work you need a man's diet.

> That's not true user.

It is true.

Durianriders also looks like a meth addict.

Because I'm not a dumb faggot? Humans are omnivores, there's a reason you need to take fucktons of pills on a vegan diet to not become malnourished.

Irrelevant, veganism is unsustainable.

Vegan pussy smells nice.

Our bodies are adapted to eat plants.

I'm not vegan because of muh animals, but it's a nice side effect.

That's false. If you look at the research it's clear that a plant based diet is the most healthy diet. That's the kind of diet that our ancestors (including our nonhuman ancestors) mostly ate.

Watch this video.

I get it, but at least try it for a few weeks. I said the same things before.

You can add healthy decades to your life by eating healthy. Seem like a good enough reason to me.

>cites an article where the author essentially argues "I don't recognize this nutrient, so clearly it doesn't matter and my ignorance is not a sign that I'm talking out of my ass"
I have no idea where you're getting these claims about b12 in yeast, either it has had b12 added into it or its an amount so small that the nutrition textbook I own doesn't even list it as a source of b12.

Not to shill veganism, but OP does have some ground to stand on as research proves a mainly vegetarian diet (with occasional meat, maybe once a week) is beneficial:

news.usc.edu/59199/meat-and-cheese-may-be-as-bad-for-you-as-smoking/
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

Meat provides growth hormone, cancer feeds off this hormone. The oldest people on earth (an island in Italy) ate a mainly vegetarian diet as they were too poor to afford meat everyday.

Finally mimicking fasting kills off cancerous cells. Basically your body needs to conserve energy under a fast, so it starts looking for misbehaving cells and kills them saving you from cancer later in life.

Fucking this.

Fuck off you tranny shit

>The oldest people on earth (an island in Italy) ate a mainly vegetarian diet as they were too poor to afford meat everyday.

They were also balding, blind, midgets.

> le china study
> rural Chinese farmers are the pinnacle of health

Pic related: pinnacle of health

>there are other good protein sources!
>grass
>dirt
>air
wow you convinced me, I am now a #shill4hill

I'll grant you the moral highground, but healthiest is just not happening

at, the first of 3 dailies vegan threads.

>Why are you not vegan yet?

In part because people keep making offtopic threads on Sup Forums.

the ocean got nuked, how am i supposed to eat cesium sea weed?
turns out soy really is estrogen.

i'll take my chances with mcdonalds. maybe i'll grow food when it wont broke the economy

I'll be sure to eat a massive, awesome steak tomorrow evening, just for you. :)

Why arent you a cannibal yet?

They're in Italy, not China

A friend just started dating one.

>That's the kind of diet that our ancestors (including our nonhuman ancestors) mostly ate.

Your Indo-European ancestors were totally CARNIVOROUS.

The pastoralist Bronze Age Indo-Europeans ate a totally carnivorous diet consisting of horse milk, horse meat and drank horse blood.

Look at the research literature. It's clear that a 100% vegan diet is the healthiest diet. If you want a good summary you could watch the video I linked in my first post.

Also, the meat we eat today is a lot unhealthier, because they give the cows etc. a lot of growth hormones and things like that. It maximizes the rate at which they can produce meat but it causes a lot of health problems.

Otherwise it's a good post.

You just have to make sure that you get everything you need, so you have to plan out your diet a bit more. But if you take some vegan supplements (contains b12 etc.) you don't have to think too much about what you eat. That being said it's possible not to need to take any supplements if you eat right. You can get b12 from yeast, spirulina... (You don't actually get b12 from the meat itself you get it from bacteria that lives in the animal.)

I'm not a cow, not a goat, but a human

If you go back millions of years to our nonhuman ancestors they had almost exclusively a plant based diet (leafs...) and the same is true for our human ancestors as well. It takes a lot less energy to hunt plants than to hunt animals...

Another problem is that we cannot handle the cholesterol from meat very well (our nonhuman ancestors didn't evolve to handle cholesterol from meat because they didn't eat meat). And our human ancestors didn't get to live long enough to die from heart attacks and strokes caused by too much bad cholesterol.

Watch this playlist of videos for more info: