When did you grow out of atheism Sup Forums?

When did you grow out of atheism Sup Forums?

In my mid twenties, like most people.

Was a full on turbo autist too, used to read The God Delusion in park benches hoping someone would come and 'debate' me. God I was a faggot.

Never owned a fedora though, and I wasn't fat, so I wasnt your typical atheist.

T.S. Eliot lived and died a devout christian.

>be kid
>hate going to church because its boring
>in teens
>start to question the narrative
>tell parents whats the point of going to church if dont actually follow the teachings
>they finally stop making me go
>spend time on weekends and weekdays instead hanging out with others
>realize people in general need a moral guidepost because they fall into degeneracy too easy

Stopped hating religion, and still dont go to church, but I do think its good for people to have faith in things other than themselves. and the non-Catholic churches seem pretty nice, at least the ones that dont actively preach heresy.

tdlr
I didnt, fite me in hell bro

Elliot was a fantastic poet.

never fell for the atheist meme

Most people grow out of atheism in their twenties. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

find a good Bible believing church.

>god delusion on park benches
You must be joking

Eliot was a third rate american writer propped up by the brits becausw their literature as running our of steam and couldn't admit to the merit of such writers as Joyce T B H

When I made sure to remind people viewing this to sage and report as you're spamming threads that belong in /his/

Nah m8, it was cringy as fuck.

Never, I wasn't raised in a religion so wasn't conditioned as a child to think that was my default state.

>thinking Sup Forums isn't a Christian board

Fresh off the boat from /Reddit/ kiddo?

Hi r_thedonald, still here I see.

It's not about conditioning. Most people grow up out of childish ideas. The universe being meaningless is one of those ideas.

It sounds like you haven't put much thought into life and have just let (((youtubers))) and (((celebrity scientists))) think for you.

That's kinda sad.

>eliot third rate

look you really can't compare joyce to anyone because he is incomparable. see finnegans wake. pic related is probably the most important work he published while at faber and faber

he meaning eliot. eliot helped introduce the philokalia to an english audience.

The Hollow Men is probably one of the most important pieces of writing in the last 100 years

>that Ezra Pound dedication

Elliot was our guy.

>being Christian
>falling for literal Jewish tricks

if Christianity is a jewish trick then why do jews hate Christians and generally disapprove of Christianity?

Jewish Hatred and Murder Attempts on the Life of Jesus Christ:

Matthew 2:16 - As a child Herod tried to kill Him.
Matthew 12:14, Mark 3:6 - Pharisees held a council with the Herodians to discuss destroying Jesus because He healed a man on the Sabbath day.
Luke 4:28-30 - Attempted to throw Him off the hill because of His sermon.
John 5:16 - The Jews persecuted Jesus and sought to kill Him for healing the impotent man on the Sabbath day.
John 5:18 - Jews sought to kill Jesus because He claimed equality with God.
John 7:30-32 - The Jewish plot to arrest Jesus with intent to kill Him for claiming He was from God.
John 7:25 - It was common knowledge that the Jews sought to kill Jesus.
John 7:40-44 - Some people desired to arrest Jesus with intent to kill Him.
John 8:59 - Jews attempted to kill Jesus by stoning Him for claiming that He was God.
John 10:31 - The Jews again attempt to kill Jesus by stoning for claiming His Deity.
John 10:39 - The Jews sought to take Jesus for proving His Deity.
John 11:47 - The chief priests and Pharisees plot against Jesus.
John 11:53-54 - The Jews make a determined effort to kill Jesus.
John 11:55-57 - The Jews sought Jesus even at the Passover Feast.
John 12:9-11 - The Jews even desire to kill Lazarus because of their hatred for Jesus.
John 18:3, 10, 12 - Jesus was arrested by Jewish soldiers.
John 18:13-14 - Jesus was tried by Jewish leaders who had already decided on his guilt.
John 18:36 - Jesus acknowledges that it was the Jews who would kill Him.
John 18:38-40, 19:1-7, 12-15 - The Jews are adamant in their desire to kill Jesus.
John 19:11 - Jesus acknowledges a lesser and a greater sin in those who condemned Him to death.
John 19:16-18 - The Jews led Jesus away to be crucified.

Joyce isn't even the best writer in English
That doesn't mean anything these days. Eliot, DH Lawrenve, Faulkner, all trash that's been accepted as canon

joyce may not be the best. but he is incomparable. theres only one finnegans wake. there is only one ulysses.

thanks based bong... saved

Never because God is not real.

>Never because God is not real.

Funny may may. But two plus two still equals four and God is still not real.

First, I realized that I loved reading ghost stories and there were too many to deny that there must be some kind of afterlife.

But I didn't actively follow any religion. Then an old devout atheist friend died and a lot of inexplicable stuff happened. He had a strong personality and would communicate in various ways.

I began looking into ways to communicate with spirits and found Spiritualism (an actual religion, not just "being spiritual"), which does not take things on faith but believes we can learn about the other side by communicating with them. Also they don't require using the word "god" altho some do. They believe in Jesus but believe we are responsible for our own lives and "sins". They believe we are never doomed, even after death we can progress.

Basically it was nearly everything I liked. I went to a few services but realized I am just not a church goer. However, I do believe in an afterlife and spirits and all the stuff I already mentioned.

>two plus two still equals four and God is still not real

When I was shown proof of His existence...oh wait!

The problem is that people build their entire identity out of an ideology because without it they're fucking nothing, just boring wastes of space.

There are people out there incapable of living by the golden rule because they've somehow managed to make people who think differently a personal insult just by existing.

This is why atheism got fucked into relying on the no true Scotsman meme, these faggots are trying to say they don't believe in religion then organize themselves into a fucking shitty religion. The worst part is when they try to pass themselves off as intelligent then go on to argue against faith like they don't understand what that word means.

Sleeping dog is the only way any decent human being conducts themselves.

>if i keep posting these, then my sandnigger fairytale of jesus will come true!

mid twenties. but I did attempt to dive back into religion in my late teens, but I ended up just trying to take the teachings to heart and generally just try to be the best person I can be. and do not seek fulfillment through "salvation".

Wait I thought atheists didn't believe in truth

I think you mean agnostic.

>Most people grow out of atheism in their twenties
[citation needed]

Let see shall we

>growing out of atheism
if this happened, it's likely that you still believed a higher power exists and were just rebelling in your own way (fedora atheists are like this usually). inb4 someone says this is a no true scotsman fallacy, these people still believe in a higher power existing/possibly existing and are not atheists as a direct result.

an actual atheist usually doesn't go back to religion and instead tries to find a way to create something from the foundation of deities/supernatural forces not existing. as an actual atheist who doesn't talk about religion besides on the occasional thread, it isn't something which concerns me anymore unless it is somehow relevant to my current status.

I became an atheist after being a faithful Catholic for over a decade through seeing inconsistencies in the published works of apologists (I was actually reading them because I aspired to become an apologist ironically) and studying scriptures alongside other world religions. If you want to learn the "truth about religion", the best way by far is to study the source. online arguments only serve as a catalyst from my own experience.

keep researching if you find it interesting. I was at that point too. eventually you learn the narrative of us being here and why salvation is so important for everyone, but you have to have an open mind and be willing to search for truth.

remember, one day this dream is going to end. there may be nothing, or there may actually be something and you realize your entire life was just a brief test in time.

>actual atheists don't go back to religion

Almost all atheists eventually grow out of it.

Are you just being naturally dishonest or are you just so ignorant you can sincerely say you 'know' all you will ever need to know about life?

When I converted to islam

>Are you just being naturally dishonest or are you just so ignorant you can sincerely say you 'know' all you will ever need to know about life?
If that's what you believe then you're literally an agnostic. If you conclude that it's illogical to deny God, then it's illogical to accept God.

I happen to know that it's not illogical to deny God. Especially the Abrahamic God of your sandnigger storybooks. He was portrayed as an intergalactic monarch who gave a shit what people thought or did or believed. There's no way an omnipotent God like that would allow us the kind of freedom that our governments would be more than happy to deny us. He simply can't exist.

you don't need to know everything to understand if an idea/group of ideas is correct or incorrect. all religions can be examined for accuracy and implausibility based on the evidence they provide for their claims of divine inspiration.

I learn about life through experiencing it, and when I learn something new it becomes a part of my mind. If you assume that your ideas are definitely correct, then your thoughts concerning the ideas are frozen and unchanging. I simply try to avoid this inevitable occurrence through keeping an open mind about everything and this usually leads me to the truth in a much more efficient manner.

>Especially the Abrahamic God of your sandnigger storybooks. He was portrayed as an intergalactic monarch who gave a shit what people thought or did or believed.

>decade of catholic apologetics
>has the theological knowledge of a child

So you're just a naturally dishonest atheist then? Thanks for clearing that up.

Why even come on a Christian board?

t.christcuck

check the ID, you're responding to someone else who is probably just angry at Christianity for some reason.

here's the response I made to your reply:

I want righteous Jesus quotes. What did Jesus actually say that if we disregard all context holds up at the end of the day?

If God exists, why doesn't he smite me for saying that he's cocksucking faggot invented by sandniggers? Not that he would smite me for saying that he was invented by sandniggers, since that part is unequivocally true.

When did you grow out of sandnigger brainwashing? Or does your name happen to be Mohammad (it is the most popular baby name in UK after all).

>Why even come on a Christian board?

No such thing on Sup Forums.

*oops wrong pic

Fuck off with your fallacious poll.

>a poll of 300 people somehow disproves a more direct poll of 1000 people

>130 people saying they don't believe in god somehow disproves 700 that claim to be Christians and all that that entails

Atheist logic is amazing. No wonder they're all autistic.

>a poll of 300 people somehow disproves a more direct poll of 1000 people

Of course, if your poll didn't even ask the necessary question, retard.

>130 people saying they don't believe in god somehow disproves 700 that claim to be Christians and all that that entails

Indeed, because the majority of people here don't even believe in god. Your poll didn't even ask for this. Atheist/Agnostic is something completely different.

Sometime after I outgrew other forms of religion as well.