Bible Thread

Daily reminder Sup Forums is a Christians-only board.

Which brings us to, what version of the Bible does Sup Forums read?

Who here /KingJames/?

NIV fags can literally die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0
kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611-Bible/
youtube.com/watch?v=5FU2nG9gTlc&t=1s
biblegateway.com/versions/New-King-James-Version-NKJV-Bible/
libertybaptistchurch.org.au/books/NIVOmissions.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I enjoy KJV along with the 1599 Geneva version. If I feel up to it, I search an interlinear so I can try to trace what the original meaning was.

As of today, thought, I try to either read the ESV or the GNV

youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0

I like the NKJV. I've been reading the New King James recently and I'm quite impressed.

t. old KJV fan

X cc. Georgian translation :^)

1611 KJV

I love this guy. He also did that Marching to Zion film.

Varies, I like reading multiple translations and doing research on them.

Where can I find that? Or is the common denotation of KJV that version?

Praise Kek lads

Textus Receptus (source) and KJV as the trusted English translation.
Others are Catholic/NWO corruptions, different sources.
KJV only is an over simplification.

>1611 KJV
get it online m8

kingjamesbibleonline.org/1611-Bible/

wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=5FU2nG9gTlc&t=1s

>Christians-only board.
No it is not.

Sup Forums is a pagan/atheist board. Paganism and atheism are the only ideologies that are native to Europe.

You semitic religion worshippers are race traitors and will be dealt with harshly on the day of the rope.

OP, I need a Bible that is the opposite of the King James Bible.
The KJB is simply too old-timey English for me. What Bible written in modern English vernacular would you recommend?

>modern English vernacular would
sorry mate but they have all been corrupted

Repent heathen.
Burn the witch!
DEUS VULT

what ever anyone here does stay away from NIV

Try the new KJV

biblegateway.com/versions/New-King-James-Version-NKJV-Bible/

AYY LMAO

(((Jesus Christ)))
(((YHWH)))

Praise Kek

>>modern English vernacular
>sorry mate but they have all been corrupted
You mean by Commie Leftie Political Correctness? That is a bummer. I just wanted one with fewer "sayeths" in it and more "says".

>pagan
>not christian

they are the same thing, merry yule tide christmas

see

>mfw I believe in all those things

Wait a minute Wiccan is an modern invention don't try to trick me Jew!

I use my family KJV from 1881

Kek approves

And another thing there was no fucking Yule fertility god. That god was Freyr

GNU/Linux users I recommend BibleTime for your Bibling

Sup Forums is an atheist board. edgy kids pretend to be christian and they hate redditors and want to be seem cool by being different.

You need God in your life French piss flag.

And why is that? Why should I lie myself?

the bible is cool and all but why are all the early christians apostates?

Look at these cannibals

Poll can you help me? I want to find faith but I simply don't believe. Would you recommend buying and reading a bible for me to find faith?

Because they betrayed they corrupted his teachings, hell even his closest follower Peter denied him three times and just look at the trouble and anger Paul had with Roman groups which fell to corruption within his own lifetime.

I am so worried that all the early Christians are apostates

Just look at this blasphemy

But why did God let it happen?

>Would you recommend buying and reading a bible for me to find faith?
No, I recommend hanging out in an overtly religious place, like a church, and waiting for the spirit of God to overtake you.
If you want to speed up the process, there's some University Lab in Sudbury, Canada that sticks magnets on the outside of your skull until you get religion. Theirs was for science but you can use it for religion too.

For the same reason he allowed the fall, for humans have free will.

It might have been a slavic Pagan god, I don't know but Pagan is a loose term. What Norawy/Sweden/Denmark believed was Germanic Pagan. The rest of Scannadavia believed in Slavic paganism or it might have been Finnish Paganism, not 100% on this stuff

But why nobody is christian until protestant come along?

>stay away from NIV
libertybaptistchurch.org.au/books/NIVOmissions.pdf is my favourite MS Word document written on the subject.

>Christian only

IM NOT CHRISTIAN do something you cringey religious blue pilled faggot (:

best jew

ESV is based off the KJV. I highly recommend you read both the NKJV and ESV

>But why nobody is christian until protestant come along?

1.Because they were not practicing the faith correctly ? What is so difficult to understand.

2.Being a protestant doesnt automatically make you a christian

So god failed his promise that not even hades will prevail over his church?

>atheism
>red pilled
Reddit is only a click away m8. You can hang out with your "enlightened" friends there.

It should be observed that the Old Testament thus admitted as authoritative in the Church was somewhat bulkier and more comprehensive than the [Protestant Old Testament] . . . It always included, though with varying degrees of recognition, the so-called Apocrypha or Deutero-canonical books. The reason for this is that the Old Testament which passed in the first instance into the hands of Christians was . . . the Greek translation known as the Septuagint. .. . most of the Scriptural quotations found in the New Testament are based upon it rather than the Hebrew.. . . In the first two centuries. . . the Church seems to have accepted all, or most of, these additional books as inspired and to have treated them without question as Scripture. Quotations from Wisdom, for example, occur in 1 Clement and Barnabas. . . Polycarp cites Tobit, and the Didache [cites] Ecclesiasticus. Irenaeus refers to Wisdom, the History of Susannah, Bel and the Dragon [i.e., the Deuterocanonical portions of Daniel], and Baruch. The use made of the Apocrypha by Tertullian, Hippolytus, Cyprian and Clement of Alexandria is too frequent for detailed references to be necessary" (JND Kelly, Early Christian Doctrines, 53-54)

Is he wrong?

NKJ guy

>IM NOT CHRISTIAN
That's ok. You could still be a good person.
PROTIP: Do not replace God with The State. This is a dick move.

>So god failed his promise that not even hades will prevail over his church?

Not at all if it prevailed it would have been gone forever, in the same way you wouldnt say God failed the Jews when the holocaust happened. Just because God said that hades wouldn't prevail it doesn't mean that the church was guaranteed to have an easy and prosperous time.

>imaginary utopian after life
>red pilled

Its simply a statement of Catholic and East Orthodox policy and practice regarding scripture so in that way its accurate.

But the church was destroyed soon after the Apostles left

And so the very Church that christ claimed to built, failed and was destroyed

If what you said is true then Islam may very well be the true Cjurch

But he is talkin about the early Christians OT scripture

>KJV
>not in the original Hebrew/Greek

> talking snake
> virgin birth by a illiterate 14 year old girl in Middle East 2000 years ago
> Jonah seeing mountains on the bottom of the sea while being swallowed by a big fish

And you think christards are red pilled.

Read it that way and you cannot be a protestant

Post Bible pr0n:

Song of Solomon 2

She

As an apple tree among the trees of the forest,
so is my beloved among the young men.
With great delight I sat in his shadow,
and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

why did they do this?

The church is bigger than it ever has been.

>But the church was destroyed soon after the Apostles left And so the very Church that christ claimed to built, failed and was destroyed

You are making the false assumption that what followed them was either 100% Christs Church or 100% fallen.

>If what you said is true then Islam may very well be the true Church

Not at all, indeed islam is easy as it fails under its own contradictions let alone biblical ones.

>the early Christians OT scripture

From the information you have provided he was talking about the Church not early Christians alone. Likewise are you not familiar with the problems of ancient historiography?

But if it is protestant, it is a fake Church

Is there any point in having a discussion with you or are you just going to keep on posting questions I have already or am dealing with?

Do you reject protestant interpretations by default?

>Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

So CHRIST did not establish a church? He lied? He ignores his promises and let it die without guiding it? He let it fall away?

Yes. By your logic islam is the true religion because what the early Christians and fathers say later, does not matter. Nor do Biblical scholarship

The information I provided talks about the early christian you stupid DUFOOS

Read it again

Protestantism contradicts all the church fathers, early christiand and the bible

Deal with it

i'm sorry i entered to soon to warn you not to fall into this guy's circular debate

Protestants think that he is in hell

Stay mad that PRODDIE is against the early Christians and church fathers and BIBLe

Loser

>Others are Catholic/NWO corruptions, different sources.
Yeah, because the drafts KJV was based on weren't initially made when England was still Catholic and wasn't one of the reasons why Catholics didn't want to translate it for so long.

Thanks, this will be my last one. Any idea why pol seems to be dogmatically anti protestant of late?

Based on the false premise that because they are old they therefore must be correct. The axiom of the church fathers being correct is not a sound one.

last thread you started posting things like " Why am I so smart" and " I will kill you"

KJV or new KJV, ESV is mid tier, NASB is clunky but OK.

RSV is still OK to me, what I grew up on.

NIV is meh, gender inclusiveness makes it silly. Although i like the new Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible from Zondervan, but it's only written in NIV right now, I hope they bring out an ESV version. Dr. John Walton is great on Old Testament.

I'd go with NLT if you want simple language.

>Christianity
>Axioms

Once you read Jeremiah 8:8 you've read the whole bible.
t. believer

no idea

Ergo there is no continuity and it means that pastor ding dong's cult can be the true message of God by your logic

In fact the fact that you reject the early Christians means that you reject the notion that there is a continuous stream of the true christians that lived on despite all hell breaking lose.

Yet. No evidence of their existence if you dare claim of some magic remnant. No mention of them by anyone and no archeological evidence

They are as good as a unicorn

How is Christianity in your neck of the woods?

I can because I am the only one who posts facts and history

Deal with it

Maybe you are stupid

Check into works by NT Wright, he is a Bishop in your own Church of England and one of the finest New Testament scholars around.

He has a ton of books and is all over youtube.

You can determine his take on justification for yourself, but for general Christian overview he is fantastic.

dying like most only islanders and some maoris are keeping it proper and alive

Hahahaha his findings destroy PRODDIE exegesis

how are things going in your parish

Fucking proddie moron

none can beat me

Nananabababanaban

At what point did Christians become cucks?

I refuse to believe modern day Christians are anything like the ones from over 100 years ago

You come on here everyday to post anti-protestant garbage.

Don't you have good works to do to secure your justification? Isn't your time best spent elsewhere.

Or is mommy a strict Catholic who touched us too much in our privates or caught us jerking off, and now we shitpost from the basement dungeon all day until mommy brings us tendies.

Either way, fuck off.

>Once you read Jeremiah 8:8 you've read the whole bible.
Thanks. This is awesome. The Bible really does contain EVERYTHING in it.

pretty bad i have dropped out of going to church my is diocese extremely left wing and blesses gay marriages, next year i head down CHCH for uni and the anglicans there are evangelicals and so is their bishop so hopefully i can go back to church

ACCORDING TO NT WRIGHT PAUL WAS TALKING ABOUT WORKS OF THE TORAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this what autism looks like?

Most are cucks these days. Many are refugee cucks (Catholics) who would willingly bring in groups of people who's main goal in life is to eradicate Christianity and establish Sharia Law. Or the other group is the libtard Episcopalians who are gay-inclusive, gender-inclusive, etc. because, "Jesus loves everybody. :)" Pic fucking related.

Literally feel-good faggotry without putting in the work.

You really haven't read him through all the way have you?

I read all of him

He says proddies stupid

Their motives are so transparent though. They bring these "people" in in the naive hope that they'll convert because they were helped out.

I don't give a shit about what God says, I refuse to bend over for people who are opposed to my people, my nation, and our way of life.

He's Anglican....so....

Exactly what protestant thought triggers you so much, there are lots of it.