Up until maybe 60 years ago society realized the harmful effects of cigarette use...

Up until maybe 60 years ago society realized the harmful effects of cigarette use. Cigarettes were actually believed to provide only health benefits, today we now know it to be the opposite. The reason why people thought cigarettes were good for you back then was because from a glance, the drug appeared to temporarily depress the nervous system, which was seen as a benefit. Very ignorant and limited understanding of tobacco is why we have all the problems with long-term use today. To pose an argument: Doesn't marijuana seem to mimic the life of cigarettes? Limited understanding, not enough users to provide statistical analysis therefore we can not figure out if it is bad or not yet, people lobbying for it as beneficial. Cigarettes didn't need lobbyists and apologists like in the past, because there was nothing competing against it. Current Marijuana users use big pharma lobbying as an excuse to legalize and as proof that it is beneficial. That is not a good enough reason to legalize. I am not going to be surprised, when we reach mass numbers of marijuana users (were almost there): We have enough subjects to provide analysis. I will be the first of the people to study long-term marijuana use. I already have a prediction : increased Alzheimer's disease linked to marijuana use. It will affect people on average around age 65 provided 20 years of regular marijuana use. I am studying medicine at school, so I do know what an epidemic looks like, and marijuana is a similar model to how tobacco came to be. Marijuana is tobacoo 2.0

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_of_tobacco_by_the_U.S._Food_and_Drug_Administration
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25024327
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>smoking weed

Thats the main problem, but you can simply use a vaporizer and no harmful ash will enter your Lungs.

Also nobody ever died from Weed and in moderation there is nothing harmful about it.

The same people who are anti-tobacco are pro-marijuana, pro-heroin and pro-cocaine.

>implying people use it in moderation
gtfo

can you please provide discourse over the material? i am anti-marijuana because i have decided i would rather have a society that struggles over cigarette use than a society that struggles over cigarette use AND marijuana use.

>Up until maybe 60 years ago society realized the harmful effects of cigarette use
That's actually wrong. They knew cigarettes fucked up your throat even in the early 1900s and probably even before then when they just smoking straight tabbaccy in pipes and cigars.

then how come they were advertising it as only health effects? and how come anti-tobacco didnt start until much later? how come kids were smoking?

>then how come they were advertising it as only health effects?
Because getting fucked up from cigarettes is a health effect.
>and how come anti-tobacco didnt start until much later?
In what capacity? There have always been people who were against smoking, like Jimmy Stewart. Trends come and go over time.
>how come kids were smoking?
It wasn't legal then and it isn't legal now. Kids smoked then and they smoke now.

>Because getting fucked up from cigarettes is a health effect.
my paragraph cites how it depresses your nervous system, it was the main promoter for cigarettes back then, it was seen as a health effect. they never talked about lung cancer because the data was not there to correlate.
>In what capacity? There have always been people who were against smoking, like Jimmy Stewart. Trends come and go over time.
yes I am jimmy stewart i am the anti-marijuana advocate of the anti-tobacco period. we just dont have the government and everyone else on board yet
>It wasn't legal then and it isn't legal now. Kids smoked then and they smoke now.
" By 1950, most states had laws prohibiting the sale of tobacco products to minors, which at the time, the purchase age differed in each state" nigga stfu it wasnt illegal for kids to smoke until the 1950s en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_of_tobacco_by_the_U.S._Food_and_Drug_Administration

>60 years ago

Maybe in your country. Evil Nazi Germany was well aware of the negative effects and passed anti-smoking legislation back in the 30s.

Then after the war the American occupiers reversed all that and flooded the market with their cheap cigarettes.

>my paragraph cites how it depresses your nervous system, it was the main promoter for cigarettes back then, it was seen as a health effect. they never talked about lung cancer because the data was not there to correlate.
Who cares? They new cigarettes were bad for you. It was no secret or crackpot theory.

>yes I am jimmy stewart i am the anti-marijuana advocate of the anti-tobacco period. we just dont have the government and everyone else on board yet
No, you're a fedora tipping dumbass who posts on a neo-nazi imageboard.

>nigga stfu it wasnt illegal for kids to smoke until the 1950s
You fucking moron. Your own quote disagrees with you. It says that only the legal ages differed. Retard!

You complain about pot, but you're a blithering imbecile. Fucking irony at its finest.

This. People have known for a while that tobacco is addictive and harmful. The Nazis had an anti-smoking campaign in Germany, the first of its kind.

And in regards to marijuana, there hasn't been any proof that it causes cancer or brain damage. There is a little bit of proof that it may actually be therapeutic for Alzheimer's. And don't give me that "we don't know enough about marijuana!" crap, if marijuana was anywhere near as damaging to the body as tobacco or alcohol studies would have confirmed it by now.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25024327
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24384575

Aristotles moderation bullshit is retarded. What if someone breaks in your house? You shoot him thats what and guess what that's not considered a moderate reaction its considered an extreme reaction.
Do you jack off? Do you jack off 24/7 throughout the day? No? Well guess what you jack off in moderation same can be said about people who smoke pot.

>smoking weed
enjoy your visual static and brain fog that will inevitably happen if you continue to smoke it

That literally doesn't happen. Enjoy your boogeyman.

Inb4 some pothead retard says
>le i only use it i once a month/week xD

>le i only drink once a month/week xD
>le i only vidya once a month/week xD
>le i only fap once a month/week xD
>le i only watch TV once a month/week xD
>le i only shitpost once a month/week xD

>I only eat fast food once a month/week xD
>I only drink soda once a month/week xD
>I only eat more than 10g of sugar once a month/week xD

Angry pot heads detected
I thought weed mellowed you out bro! Haha pack a bowl bro hehe

> Cigarettes were actually believed to provide only health benefits
That's not true though.

That literally does. I smoked pot for over 2 years before I quit. It's fucking horrible. Grow up and quit

Prove it.

>God isn't real
>Prove it

Just because no ones done a study doesn't mean there's not strong evidence that supports the case

>realize atmospheric nuclear testing is dangerous as fuck
>It's so bad that in 1963 at the height of the cold war the US and USSR agree to stop it
>hey we could get sued
>1966 the surgeon general says it's the cigarettes, goys

While you can't prove it, I can corroborate. Only people who wouldn't notice are people who are dumb anyway.

>God isn't real
>Prove it

That is not the same type of argument. If you cannot back up your claims with evidence, you will be dismissed without evidence. Thank you for showing your severe mental deficiency. Looks like you still haven't gotten out of your supposed weed fog!

>>Cigarettes were actually believed to provide only health benefits, today we now know it to be the opposite.

-add 10,000 chemicals to cigarettes
-cigarettes cause cancer

so why don't we just ban the chemicals and genetic modification that causes cancer and stay the fuck away from natural shit that isn't that ban.

And truth be told nicotine and even tobacco isn't that bad. It's the chems they put in it. Try smoking Indian tobacco it doesn't even alleviate the withdrawal because people who smoke are addicted to the same shit they dump in foods.
>which also causes cancer

Decentralized organic and sustainable farming / production for the win

All the negatives aside( and believe me, I know there are many) I would prefer to live in a society that was addicted to tobacco rather than the current one that is addicted to food, pharmaceutical/recreational drugs and alcohol. Obviously moderation is important for all but seriously, once they're was the anti-smoking push, the waist size of Americans ballooned up like crazy. I prefer a skinny smoker to an overweight/obese non smoker.

Smoke of any kind causes cancer you dingus, as does nicotine.

Spirits smokers are even bigger cucks than regular smokers because they think they're getting a healthier cigarette

>Cigarettes were actually believed to provide only health benefits

My dad says this is horse shit. Only people who believed it was not harmful were tards.

How long have you been smoking? Because after smoking everyday for as long as I did I can tell you that you just don't think as clearly. I was tired and lethargic and was making a lot of mistakes at work.

Then I quit weed. Now I'm back to what I was. Good at my job.

You can stay in denial about it and keep saying "yeah it doesn't affect me man" while rolling another joint and staying at home for another weekend but anyone who smokes daily knows what I'm talking about whether they like it or not. I agree with OP. Give it 5 - 10 years and shits going to come out that'll blow it the fuck up

>How long have you been smoking?
Over 15 years and I've quit in the last year because of work. You can fuck off with your claims until you get some proof.

Literally just read OP's post. They thought cigarettes were gold until it turned out they kill you. Just because we don't have proof now doesn't mean it's not true and in my opinion it's plain to see. You're not going to tell me that cigarettes being bad is a Jewish conspiracy are you?

I don't give a shit if you smoke but you have to ride the consequences and no matter what you say, there are consequences. I can't win right now because you're right, there's no solid proof. But I look forward to the bad news coming out just for the sake of laughing to myself.

Enjoy the Alzheimer's burger

>They thought cigarettes were gold until it turned out they kill you.
Nope. Didn't read the rest of your post. Grow a brain.

imbecile

>2 separate causes

>2 separate sets of disorders

>Grow a brain
>Ruins his brain with pot all day

Holy shit you really are trying to say ciggs aren't bad

Fucking kek. You're a true American hero

> Cigarettes were actually believed to provide only health benefits
I don't think that's true.
But you're obviously a fucking shill.

Don't write paragraphless walls of text OP, your thread will end up dead

have a bump

Because advertising regulations were looser then your mother's gully-hole you dipshit. If your grandparents are alive go ask them what they thought of smoking when they were doing it...

That "they thought it was healthy" meme is a bald faced lie

>then how come they were advertising it as only health effects?
Because advertisers are honest, eh? Retard
>how come kids were smoking?
Because low-class retards do retarded shit.

Stupid liar to convince people to transform into amorphous blobs. Smokers' lungs are stolen at a disproportionately high rate for transplants. Black lung is only for coal miners. New lung cells every 3 weeks. When you burn a steak you get colon cancer. Burn dinosaurs. Fuel and cancer. Nicotine turns into VITAMIN B3 like body builders take to get boners. BAN ASSAULT VITAMINS! The only problem is fertilisers and good luck growing tobacco on your own

Smoking prevents dementia. Gives better joint surgeries. Quicker heart attack recovery. Less preeclampsia

Japan and greece. Tonnes of smokers. Zero lung cancer. Weed is in all breast milk

Aaaand zero replies. MUH NARRATIVES

I smoked every day from 19 and I'm 23 now. Stopped smoking every day about 6 months ago. Still smoke every few now and again with friends . My grades shot up and went from P-C's to D-HD's in law which is even higher then my straight out of highschool grades.

Change was instant, I have no issues with recollection, took about 2 weeks to feel fine but we spin our buds with tobacco so I would say it's that.

I'm not trying to sound condescending but I think your overreacting about weed or you could have some other medical issue that needs attention.

Weed is bad if your a lazy person with nothing to motivate you in the present. Slowing down my consumption happened naturally as I focused my life goals and found new hobbies.

Weed is not a boogeyman's, weed is not going to ruin your life, treat it like cheeseburgers, alcohol, chocolate etc etc and you'll be fine

The "smoking is bad" meme was just perpetuated by jews to hurt honest american tobacco companies.

Smoke away friends, and enjoy the benefits.

Also smoking cock is beneficial. In a marriage with Christ of course. And a surrogate