RELIGION IS BULLSHIT THREAD - Hitch edition (HOLY SHIT Christcucks BTFO edition)

Conclusion: All belief in God is illogical

Premise 1: All belief in God requires faith
(Through induction I've concluded that God no longer presents Miracles to the people of earth (I haven't seen any Miracles and neither have the people I ask). Also through induction I've gathered that the standard of belief most people maintain requires particulars to be presented as clear and distinct. While a Miracle satisfies most people's standard of belief (i.e. if Miracles still occurred religion wouldn't require faith because it would be obvious that God exists), they no longer occur. Conclusion: In the absence of Miracles, religious people stoop to a standard of belief lower than what they maintain in the rest of their lives. This lower standard is faith.)

Premise 2: All faith is ad hoc (and therefore illogical)
(Faith is inherently ad hoc (Postulated from the argument I used to reach premise 1). Ad hoc faith is inherently illogical (Deduced from the definition of ad hoc).)

If you've read this far you're probably thinking, "Oh this faggot thinks he's so logical and shit. What a faggot pseudo-philosopher." You're kind of right, but the conclusion doesn't necessarily have to be "A belief in God is illogical." Calling a belief in God "fucking retarded" or "totally contradictory with the rest of your beliefs" works just as well.

From here a christ-cuck might say, "There's nothing wrong with having one belief that's contradictory to the rest." You're the one with morality, I'm just an edgy atheist. Since I don't have a morality there's nothing wrong with having contradictory beliefs. However, the same can be said about eating your own shit.

**It's been a while since I've done syllogisms; the inexactness of my argument is a testament to this. I think it's still valid though; it looks pretty transitive to me. As for the soundness, wew lad.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKGvg6HeyY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wNAaDKZ-SuE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22230637
youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All belief in God is illogical

So?

>So?
If you choose to believe it, that's fine.

If your belief starts to affect me or places laws on things, then go fuck yourself.

This means that any other form of illogical belief is justified if we disregard logic, rendering a belief in any specific god or religion useless.

>From here a christ-cuck might say, "There's nothing wrong with having illogical beliefs." You're the one with morality, I'm just an edgy atheist. Since I don't have a morality there's nothing wrong with having illogical beliefs. However, the same can be said about eating your own shit.

Fuck, if you would just read the whole post

>any other form of illogical belief is justified if we disregard logic

Good point. Without a belief in logic you are less than human. Logic separates humans from the animals that eat their own shit. Through logic we understand that there's a correlation between eating shit and illness/dying.

If you want to disregard this, fine. Just know that you're lower in the hierarchy than a logical, atheist nigger.

Why? Because it is illogical?

So nobody should be allowed to have an opinion on anything if they do or follow illogical things?

Doing anything but eating, sleeping, working and fucking is illogical and has no "logical" purpose for humanity. Saying that religion is "illogical" is a cop out by smug atheists who tip fedoras and never get laid. It is not an argument. Try telling smokers or drinkers that their pastime is "illogical", ya, that will get you somewhere.

Okay and? Why can't someone eat their own shit according to you?

Your own "logic" fails in the sense that humans are not entirely logical creatures. We also have emotions, and we also act on instinct and based on animistic tendencies as well. Implying that because something is illogical it should be shunned is actually going against what it even means to be human in the first place. You're just trying to seem enlightened, that's all this is. That's all any of this crap is. What, do people like Richard Dawkins think they are visionaries or something? Nobody who isn't brainwashed has thought religion is something logical for hundreds of years. But people still believe because it gives their lives higher meaning and it gives them stories and lessons that better them as people. (inb4 BUT MUH ISLAM! Islam is an evil religion, it's not the same as Christianity or Judaism)

Is it wrong for people to better themselves for illogical purposes? Because the only real "logic" in life is to survive until you can procreate, then you can die.

So is pic related "more human than human", as it were?

>People depend on religion for their morals

>Others use religion/God to cope with lifes challenges

It's a double edged sword, though. Because people also use religion for

>Justified killings

>Moral bigotry

The list can be much longer (on both sides), but I think it gets the point across. What I'm trying to convey is that religion is a powerful tool that can be used for good or bad. In the end, no one knows if God exists. You will never know if your religion is "the right one". If religion is helping someone, then let them have it.

If god exists, great. We will be best friends, that I am certain. We share many of the same goals, afterall.

If he does not exist, then no big deal. I'll die happy knowing I have helped my species achieve greatness.

Damn, that miss.

I guess this proves this proves the one true divinity.

PRAISE KEK

A calculator's not logical, although it is more useful than a religious person.

It's inanimate object and therefore doesn't have agency. Agency and logic are necessary features of humanity, but not sufficient (i.e. even if we consider a calculator logical it is not human because it doesn't have the other necessary features of humanity (e.g. agency).)

My point stands that logic is an essential, necessary feature of humanity, therefore if you lack it you are less than human.

>Okay and? Why can't someone eat their own shit according to you?

They can. This is why irrational chimps do it. This is why religious people are on the same plane chimps (i.e. lower than an atheist nigger).

>tipping it right over

Hitch said on his deathbed that though he didn't believe in a god he believed in the good of mankind, shown in the example of Jesus Christ and put his faith that the benevolent force that ruled the universe was in that image. In fact his last words were "God, I believe in you".

Perhaps nobody has ever been as christian as Hitch, apart from the man who died on a cross.

God is real.

>Why? Because it is illogical?

Kind of, but I'd say it has more to do with "faith". You're doing something that doesn't make any sense, and instead of question it, you just say "well, I have faith it's the right thing to do."

>So nobody should be allowed to have an opinion on anything if they do or follow illogical things?

Again, this is all fine with me, as long as it doesn't affect me. Passing laws like "sin tax" or pushing your faith based morality is total bullshit.

>Saying that religion is "illogical" is a cop out...

See above.

>Your own "logic" fails in the sense that humans are not entirely logical creatures.

My point is that the less logical you are, the less human you are. I've been joking about the chimps thing. People can be religious and have logical pursuits (actually an atheist who doesn't do anything logically, except not believe in God, is worse off than a person whose totally logical except when it comes to a belief in God).

That being said, when you have an obviously contradictory statement in your face (e.g. "God exists.") it's fucking stupid to turn your attention from the contradiction and believe it anyways. It's as stupid as realizing that you put your right shoe on your left foot and tying it anyways. Ultimately, should you put your shoes on correctly? No, it ultimately doesn't matter. However, you can be more comfortable if put your shoes on the right way and logic is the tool to do that.

I guess my point is that humans have this great tool (logic) and yet so many people choose to not use as much as they can. This tool will get you whatever you want. You can use it to break down any situation into its base components, from which you can tactfully devise a plan to get whatever you want within that situation. It's brilliant and yet people don't use it. These people that don't use it aren't less than human, they're just stupid.

>belief in logic
Logic is something we accept, not something we "believe"
There's logic in math. No amount of belief in the supernatural can violate the rules.

>"God, I believe in you".
You idiots fall for the most obvious lies.

Mistyped; good point

>>>reddit

It's likely that there is no god. The only people that genuinely believe in god are incapable of logical thought due to social pressure, fear of death, plain old stupidity, etc.

Believing in the absence of God is an act of faith just as illogical as the belief in the existence of God.

Unless the idea that nothing turned into something, and that existence and life are just part of cosmic car crash appears more logical than the existence of a creator. Which of course it isn't.

If you can decode this, you realize it goes deeper than metaphysical "logic"

>age of consent
>logical

>women right to vote
>logical

Try me. Theres plenty more you filthy atheists.

who cares if it's real or not, it keeps all the idiots from doing stupid shit like becoming sjws

>racist

You're worth less than dirt in the grand scheme of humanity, so I'm not too concerned about your garbage opinions. People like you are going the way of the dodo.

Why do you need to question it? Do you have to question your significant other every single time they leave the house? Do you have to question your friends every time they tell you they're going away for two seconds? Do you have to question everyone you meet as to where they are going today and what they will be doing?

What is the problem with faith? Science takes a lot of faith, actually. Experiments are done before theories are proven. They are done on faith because they are then assumed to be able to prove a point. If nobody had faith, as you would imply is a good thing, we would just live in caves and act like animals. Faith and science go hand in hand.

Most religions don't do any of that garbage. it is mostly Islam that is a problem today, and it needs to go, I agree. But Islam is hardly even a religion... it's more like a mass cult fabricated to unite the Middle East a thousand years ago and now it is being taken seriously by insane savages. For every other religion, extremism is pretty much isolated to the crazies who would just be extremists with something else anyway.

Most do not say "God exists". You are trying to fit your own beliefs and opinions into other peoples' lives. They "believe" in God. Religion and science are not on the same "plane", if you will, and thus someone can believe in God while being a scientist (did you know that most of the great discoveries of the last five hundred years were made by religious people?), or not be the other while being one.

You're trying to fit scientific reason into religion and that is simply silly. Spiritualism and rationalism are two different things. Spiritualism is a brother of concepts like honor and fidelity... would you say those things too are illogical and therefore should be shunned?

Well I can't; guess I better kill myself

yet these people are among us and once you disagree with them they call you a fedora redditor etc when the majority of Sup Forums has always been atheist.

You people don't know what god is.

You must think God is some dude chilling up in the sky laughing at your virginity.

I would tell you about how God is merely the sum of all the will of all things, but that is probably beyond you comprehension.

>You're worth less than dirt in the grand scheme of humanity, so I'm not too concerned about your garbage opinions. People like you are going the way of the dodo.

I'm just trying to collect replies, man. Using the N-word is such an ironic way isn't racist, it's post-racial.

>1.6% of the world is atheist now
>from 4%
Hmmm.

>Premise 1: All belief in God requires faith
All belief requires faith. Belief in God is no different.

>My point is that the less logical you are, the less human you are
This is a valid point. Our brain were built to reason. We are only mean to engage in short term irrationality, like day dreaming, hypothsizing or prediction (like target acquisition)

Our brains were not meant for long term irrationality. They are designed to "suspend disbelief" to engage in brief flights of fantasy. We are not meant to live in delusions and daydreams for long periods of time. Your Irrational beliefs for extended periods are damaging your ability to think rationally. Cognitive dissonance eventually diminishes you ability to reason.

Then you start making stupid statements like logic and atheism are "beliefs" and everyone laughs and laughs at you.

Holy shit, you're too smart for this thread. Better get back to a Trump thread where your Genius can thrive.

The atheist might also say "he is a christard, let him drown".

>This is a valid point. Our brain were built to reason

Is this appeal to nature or teleological reasoning? Either way it's wrong

Fuck Hitchens, oh that's right he's already dead.
It doesn't matter if God exists or not, what matters is you have FAIT one exists..that is technically irrational, obviously.

However there is a higher rationality to having faith in God. That rationalional is this.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKGvg6HeyY

why?

>implying the belief in God and spiritual bullshit is believed by the Pope and the Priests and other spiritual leaders, and is not just a system to create order in society and gives all men a chance to reproduce in order to keep your nation going and that if a society gradually becomes more atheist than an invasive religion and its people will simply take over providing a convenient argument of "that wasn't real atheism see the society became Islamic and thats why atheism failed" and not realizing the true source of the matter

You were clearly using it in a racist sense and were trying to somehow "insult" me by implying I am less than an inferior subhuman (that is, in your mind, anyway).

Be stout in your beliefs or don't publicly announce them, user.

A religious man would save that drowning man too, if he was following a proper religion that speaks of peace and brotherhood.

This thread is going fairly well; don't resort to reddit-tier, fedora tipping memes.

Congrats on posting the stupidest pic I've seen all day

Or, "Who cares, I'm a black-pilled anti-natalist who knows in-existence is preferable to this God-forsaken planet." *Sheaths great sword*

I have a book. It tells me how to live my life, what the laws should be, and what the government should be like. The people around me use this book and encourage others to get it as well.

If you argue against the content of this book I will get you jailed or fired for being a bigot.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wNAaDKZ-SuE

Also once again FUCK HITCHENS controlled opposition

Because I'm trolling in other threads and don't feel like reading for another second.

>Science takes a lot of faith, actually.
No, it takes very little actually. Most science is gathering data, empirical study and analysis using the scientific method. Irrationality (speculation and prediction) to hypothesize is short term is a very small part of what science is.

On the other hand, just making up gods and religions to control people's minds is evil and unethical.

>Most do not say "God exists"
Of course they do. They structure their fallacies around an existing deity. Then they get all butthurt when you tell them they have no evidence and send them packing.

>Be stout in your beliefs or don't publicly announce them, user.

Listen to me you queer, stop telling me what to do or I’ll sock you in the goddamn face and you’ll stay plastered.

1. Everything that exists has an explanation of its existence (either in the necessity of its own nature or in an external cause).

2. If the universe has an explanation of its existence, that explanation is God.

3. The universe exists.

Now what follows logically from these three premises?

From 1 and 3 it logically follows that:

4. The universe has an explanation of its existence.

And from 2 and 4 the conclusion logically follows:

5. Therefore, the explanation of the universe’s existence is God.

Religion as a stabilizing force is important but only insofar as the rubes are the ones believing. You will always have non believers, especially among the better educated, generally they are not the ones who are going to rock the boat as they recognize its importance

As long as you are not going to burn me as a witch for failure to believe I can put up with all the bs for stability, it is my culture after all

>: In the absence of Miracles, religious people stoop to a standard of belief lower than what they maintain in the rest of their lives.
Wrong.
The majority of assumptions we base our lives upon are based upon the same standard of belief.

>In fact his last words were "God, I believe in you".

It's no wonder you're religious if you believe this obvious horseshit.

I take umbrage with premise 2. The explanation for the universe could be that Elon Musk queefed it out or that it's a simulation. Either way, I've proven your argument invalid and thus unsound.

>muh 0.99999999999999999999999999999999 = 1!

>Australian shitposting
>logical

Try this one on for size

Stirner says that ubermensch give meaning to things by having faith in them

bitch faggot nigger

>You're trying to fit scientific reason into religion and that is simply silly.
What's actually happening is theists desperately try to rationalize their beliefs. Sup Forums is a great example of this. They know their beliefs are irrational and their zany ideas are unreasonable.

What you never see is a scientist who takes his carefully gathered data, his painstaking analysis, his carefully crafted conclusion and say, "You know, I should add some supernatural deity to make my conclusion work". That never happens.

>The explanation for the universe could be that Elon Musk queefed it out or that it's a simulation.

and its turtles all the way down, but that does not matter. what is important is people treat this world as the real one, there is no way to tell otherwise.

Its dangerous when people forget about the real world for some other world, its delusional. Its also why all good religions stress deeds and action

that saved by faith alone so I can act like a dick on earth is a bunch of bullshit

Post yfw Math is the one true relgion

Atheism is faith because it believes God doesn't exist. The only genuinely rational position is agnosticism, which would be closer to the conclusion someone following the scientific method would reach.

>On the other hand, just making up gods and religions to control people's minds is evil and unethical.
So is the making up of atheistic ad hoc concepts as substitutes for religion that have lead to murderous philosophies such as communism and nihilism.

>Then they get all butthurt when you tell them they have no evidence and send them packing.
You are always going to be disappointed if you ask for evidence for a faith. That doesn't mean you have to project your butthurt.

I believe in probability. It's what created life and the universe.

To believe in a literal God isn't important..you can't prove it anyways..
What counts is being a Christian in your approach to life. You do it because its pretty much the best ideology to live by and for society.
(((They))) conned you into accepting the literal fact you can't prove God exists overrides FAITH. See and this is the push for atheism well we seem the results of that in the Soviet Union and China. It leads to hopelessness and inhumane psychological conditions.
Faith in God is to believe in human beings are capable of being better than animals.
Humanism doesn't cut it, it's a materialist mindset and spawns the same degenerate bullshit as atheism. Remember animals have no spiritual component..

A good portion of /sci/ doesn't believe in the memedrive because of newtons second law. Science definitely has its sacred cows that are beyond scrutiny and can't be touched.

How is probability (the extent to which an event is likely to occur, measured by the ratio of the favourable cases to the whole number of cases possible) a creative force? Man, you are an idiot. Don't breed.

>What you never see is a scientist who takes his carefully gathered data, his painstaking analysis, his carefully crafted conclusion and say, "You know, I should add some supernatural deity to make my conclusion work". That never happens

No they just pull shit like "dark energy" out of their asses instead.

>The explanation for the universe could be that Elon Musk queefed it out or that it's a simulation.

Whatever it would be would still be God

>Why do you need to question it?

I don't question it. There's nobody on this planet, past or present, that can definitively tell you that there is or is not a god. It's total speculation. Religions call this faith, science calls this a theory or hypothesis. Anyone who declares faith/theory/hypothesis is a fact is full of shit.

>What is the problem with faith?

For the third time, I don't care if you have faith as long as it doesn't affect me.

>Islam

We agree on this.

They don't believe the explanation for its function is outside the bounds of current understood natural law. They believe it exists, there is proof of that.

There is a huge difference in what you are talking about and everyone on /sci/ will change their mind when they have evidence to explain how it works

That is not even remotely how people in the West act anymore. You're tipping your fedora so fast it's about to go back in time, and then maybe you will have a point in the 18th century.

Good religions have progressed and had reformations; bad ones, like Islam, have not; get mad SPECIFICALLY at them, do not fault the rest of religion.

>trolling

This is mostly what atheism is to a lot of people. It's just a form of trolling.

>just making up gods and religions

All religions were made hundreds if not thousands of years ago to explain very complex things to many people. Over time the reason for religion has shifted to become a guiding light for many different peoples, who otherwise would be lost without it, and who might otherwise turn to animal ways like violence and theft. You act like the Bible was written yesterday to brainwash idiots or something.

So what would happen to science if that "very small part" of hypothesis was to be removed? I can imagine nothing would then happen. If you cannot have a leap of faith, no matter how small you claim it would be, then you cannot further science.

For example, try to think of a way to forward science as it stands right now without using any faith. Just use the facts that already exist.

>Of course they do.

Let's just drop this particular point, because it is impossible to really find out. The difference between thinking God exists as a real entity somewhere and believing in the idea of a God controlling the planet is pretty great. Most people do not think this heavily into religion as we are now, and thus how could we get a straight answer for the question, "How many people truly think God exists?" And notice I use "think" there, not "believe". Two different things.

I was giving advice, I was not telling you what to do. Why do most atheists seem to have a problem with authority and seem to think even simple requests or bits of advice are commands?

>I have no idea what faith is

all beliefs require faith. belief in God is no different than belief in toast. you don't know everything, you can't know everything, you have faith in what you know

>what is important is people treat this world as the real one, there is no way to tell otherwise.

You need a fulcrum of objective truth to determine what's important. Since you don't have that, nothing is important, therefore you're wrong.

Also, we treat this world as the real one because it's convenient. I like getting blowjobs, or at least what appears to be blowjobs, so I keep getting them on the assumption that they're real. It's easier to get them if I assume they're real. For Christ's sake, how can a man a blowjob while engaged with Descartes' method of doubt, it's just not happening. It's just an assumption

>Most science is gathering data, empirical study and analysis using the scientific method.
and you trust your senses to gather this data based on what exactly?

Oh to be young and pretentious again.

>For the third time, I don't care if you have faith as long as it benefits me.
ftfy atheist
Your kind seldom seem to have a problem with living by our religious laws when it comes to concepts like protecting you from murder or your property from theft.

>>"""""""educated""""""""
>>implying it wasn't the witches who burnt their enemies because they had usurped control of the Church and accused them of their own deeds

The cult of science (((cult of reason))) is truly the absolute worst religion that exists today.

It's not logical. It's not scientific.

It breeds ignorance and arrogance and fosters/Inflames ""humanity's"" egocentric and narcissistic qualities.

For example the --
>>muh 97% scientists!!! climate change!!!
-meme

The reality of that survey (a FUCKING survey not a study) is that only 4000 scientists out of 12,000 took a position
>cult of science claims 97%

To ice the cake most supporting are """"climate scientists"""" which is totally agenda based / funded.

That's just one example.

So learn true logic, true science. Then u will maybe get interested in reviewing how much of the cult is based offf bullshit """""facts"""".

After that u will start reading old books and realize so called supernatural and miraculous things were documented very studiously and amazingly our ancestors were less ignorant than us today.

Pic related. Now find the case of the silver disk in the desert piloted by a green skin demon.

Alright well you came out swinging as if religion in the West was deliberately affecting your life when it really isn't, at least not in any negative, impactful way.

I hope you pay your gardener well.

>Man, you are an idiot. Don't breed.

This seems like pretty good advise. He'll only take this insult to heart if he's a beta. If he's an alpha he'll ignore it an reproduce anyway, thus passing on his alpha genes. Therefore bullying is good.

Way to keep the betas in line, Frenchman.

>Is this appeal to nature or teleological reasoning? Either way it's wrong
Our temporal lobes and prefrontal cortices are well-developed and more advanced than our closest primates. They are also much larger than the imagining or fantasizing part of the brain, the parietal lobe.

Design principles of the human brain: an evolutionary perspective.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22230637

>The atheist might also say "he is a christard, let him drown".
An atheist would always save a Jew, Christian or a Muslim because it might be a chance to rescue his ability to reason.

Does an atheist run into a burning building people he doesn't even know?
I fucking doubt it.
But all you dumb atheists would want to be saved from burning alive.
See, you want the benefits of a Christian mentality as long as you can sit back or exploit it.
Your like a champaign fucking socialist..

You're delving into such a cynical view of humanity and life on Earth that I feel this is all due to some emotional or mental issues you need to deal with.

>Christopher Hitchens
Dead.
>Peter Hitchens
Not dead.

Fedoras BTFO.

>However there is a higher rationality to having faith in God. That rationalional is this

You're desperately rationalizing again. There is zero rationality in faith. Belief in gods is irrational.

>Hitchens

lel

That time Hitch was destroyed by William Lane Craig:
youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8

the brain evolved by natural selection in a way that helped us survive. it didn't evolve to reason, much of the underlying functions of the brain act against reasoning and that is what helps us survive

>A religious man would save that drowning man too, if he was following a proper religion that speaks of peace and brotherhood.
You sound like you're not too sure on that.

>This thread is going fairly well; don't resort to reddit-tier, fedora tipping memes.
Like religious fedoras? Pic related

Atheism is a stance on the existence of God, not a moral code. Nothing in atheism compels humans to do good. It has to come from enlightenment philosophies that are spin-offs of Christianity.

So many words, but not a single new thought expressed.

>Meme magic is real
>Christianity is a meme
>God is real
Wow, atheists actually BTFO this time.

blempf

It's rational to look at the bigger picture and the societal impact of atheism. Faith isn't rational but it is rational to understand why it's a better strategy to have not just for a functing society but for a stable mental health form the individual.
Or you can be one of the people who pop anti depressants to get over the FACT there is no God.
Do you not get what I'm saying. You can alter your brain chemistry through the act of faith or by popping pills. There is no way of being a hard core atheist and being even semi happy about life.

There's no proof of a creator and we don't really know how the universe came to be (yet) but all we know earth hit all the right conditions for life to begin there and I'm pretty sure scientists already proven that life can come from dead matter and the fact evolution always makes more sense than intelligent design so I would definitely say probability makes more sense than an architect designing life

Toast exists. I've seen it, I've made it, I've eaten it.

I have faith there is life on other planets, but I don't let that dictate my daily behavior.

>Atheism is faith
Look, I can tell you ability to reason is complete shit right now and and you;re just lashing out by calling atheism some kind of "religion". You know religion is shit. I know religion is shit. Calling anything a "religion" is probably the worst smear you can possibly hurl at anything, right? I think we can all agree on that.

Bonus, it helps the atheists quickly identify who the most bone-jarringly ignorant hostiles are in the room.

>because it believes God doesn't exist.
If you can't prove you're gods are real, then I don't have anything to disprove. You've done all the heavy lifting for me.
But consider for a moment how desperate you are to rationalize your beliefs. You work so hard at making the irrational seem rational, but it never will be.

>The only genuinely rational position is agnosticism
Non-belief is the only rational position. All the rest is just nonsense to help you rationalize your irrationality.

>atheistic ad hoc concepts
Non-belief has no ad hoc concepts. REligion is based on them. Once again, you're projecting the feeble-minded weaknesses and severe irrationality of faith onto non-faith.

>You are always going to be disappointed if you ask for evidence for a faith.
Ask in any theist to be reasonable for a change is very disappointing, as well.

> I'm pretty sure scientists already proven that life can come from dead matter

I'm not talking about life. I'm not talking about intelligent design vs evolution either. I'm talking about the existence of matter itself, of the existence of reality. It's mind-boggling and I would be worried about someone not even considering the possibility that a higher power is at work behind it. Just the existence of gravity is baffling. We still don't understand why it happens.

It doesn't require religion to know murder and theft are wrong. Even wild animals can figure this out.

If I had to describe my "faith" I'd say I'm a zen Christian. I see Christ through the lense of Zen Buddhism. I don't believe he was the literal son of a literal God.

I am also an agnostic and accept God might exist, but that God may be a 200lbs hacker and this might just be a simulation.

I don't believe I'm going to a heaven after I die but I'm willing to die for what I believe in, for the reasons above. I have a non materialist world view because I know peace of mind does not come from fuckin cheerleaders or driving lambos.

I am not an atheist and people who identify with atheism are basically naive fools. No better than religious fanatics, in a lot of ways worse..rejecting God wholesale is just a justification to do whatever you feel like when ever you feel like it..OK fine, so you may as well identify as a feminist..and look at how fucked in the head women are these days.

>A good portion of /sci/ doesn't believe in the memedrive because of newtons second law.
It's hilarious watching people who don't understand science, math or physics attempt to {{{explain}}} the 2nd law of motion.