Is Depression an illness or a reaction?

Anyone else? What are your thoughts?
Had it since I was 9.

Do you get laid often ?
If not, work on yourself and your social skills, so that you can get laid often.
Also, work out and don't drink

Depression is a mental state, the only way to get out of it is to decide you want to be happy.

Depends.

Chemical anomalies in the brain, which the subject cannot change without medicine/operation/bullet, can be the cause.

Other times the cause of the subject being shitty at figuring out himself and letting his thoughts ruin the day.

Sad thing is, psychology or "study of the soul" is so undeveloped in modern times that no one is actually paying attention to what the fuck is going in the human mind. If someone is going deep into it, it sure as hell hasn't reached the public.

>sadness=depression

Idiot

Depression is very, very real
Most people who are diagnosed with depression are just bustas who can't handle feeling sad though

No,just don't see a need or reason for it.
Why does everything have to revolve around fucking sluts for some self respect?
You truly believe you are better than you were before after romping some random cunt?

Working out definitely helps for a little while once you get around to it,for sure.

You ever tried meditating?
I see people mostly saying it's a meme
and the other spectrum saying it's immensely helpful and possibly a long term cure.
Never tried it myself.

>You truly believe you are better than you were before after romping some random cunt?

Yes. Humans are social animals. There's only so long that you stay secluded from the world and human contact before your mental states starts to deteriorate.

Take a look at this place. Traps and tranny's are put on a pedestal here because people are so deprived of female interaction that they have become prison gay.

Both
There is a such thing as a chemical disposition to depression (naturally low seratonin, norepinephrine and dopamine) but outside factors, particularly prolonged, can also the brain to develop a naturally lower disposition.

Try running/doing cardio more; it naturally raises seratonin levels with time.

I once meditated for 5 minutes. Did nothing but sit upright and breathe deep. That's all.
360 noscoping has never been easier.

Everyone has it, just at different intensities at different parts of their lives.

Depression is the natural state of people who aren't doing anything with their lives. "Cure" to depression is to get your shit together; therapy and medication never helps as much as just gettibg your shit together.

Everyone has depression and anxiety, sucessful people just handle it better.

Depression is of course a reaction. Could be for a variety of reasons, from environment or your body. many physical healthy issues can give depression. Like parasites. Could also be smth fucked with your brain.

But the thing to remember is that with the power of soul and willpower you can overcome anything.

I'd also recommend making serious efforts to relieve it through other means before you try drugs. Some people's neurochemistry is just naturally fucked and they need to, but most people are WAY over prescribed that shit, and taking brain drugs you don't need can fuck you more.

Lack of certain substance in the brain combined with processing failure, traumatic experiences and shock.

Hating/not being content with yourself causes depression. That's also why all SJWs are on brainmeds.

But putting that aside here's an example:
>want to fuck
>too much of a pussy to do anything about it
>stay virgin
>others mock you for virginness
>brain comes up with rationalizations
>"I don't want to fuck anyway, I'm above that"
BAM, depression. Many such cases!
You're denying your animal side what it wants to do without a real reason. You're torturing it. You're torturing yourself. And you can't explain it away. This isn't fair, and makes things seem hopeless. You become depressed.

>Everyone has depression and anxiety
You just acknowledged that a state of fear and anxiety in normal life under normal circumstances falls under human traits which every normal man and woman learns to control and use if they are healty. Now I tell you about the twist and where depression and anxiety really becomes a problem. It's when symptoms arise which aren't normal in your everyday live and when these influence your day to day behavior.

Scared that you might lose your job?
Normal. It's a normal form of anxiety.

Scared to leave your house and looking for a new job because people might hunt you down, tell your whole neighbourhood your habits are unhuman , maybe egoistic , mabye narcisstic , maybe arrogant.
That's over the top anxiety amd uncontrollable for some humans and thos is where it begins to become a psychlogical issue.

On the topic of depression.
Some people , normal folks have a day or two where they might be lazy or even a little sad. But that's not depressesion. Depression is a state of constant , overwhelming sadness without any reason for a person to be sad. Again it's an illness.

this
>Chemical anomalies in the brain
i got that. Im bipolar 1.

Its both.
For most people its a natrual reaction. For others it is an illness.

I have woken up with massive depression out of the blue. Attempted an hero etc

A few days later i might be in a full blown mania.

I fucking wish it wasnt real. I wish i could controll & defend what ive done in the past.

People hate people like me, i can understand why.
>ive lost most all my friends

It's a reaction to illness.

I love laughing at genetically inferior low test faggots crying about "muh sads".

>psychology
>study of the soul
>psychology knows nothing
or
>I know nothing about psychology

you were probably abused as a child to have had it when you were 9 years old, go get hypnotised

picrelated is great against depression

Meditation has become a meme because mostly the talk of it can come down to the level of
>lol fgt I sat my ass on tha carpet for 3 minutes and thought nuthin but nuthin happened so it must be fake

Yet meditation fucking works if people actually turned off their computers, phones, TVs and thoughts for more than 5 minutes. Most hindering is perhaps the idea that you suddenly become Buddha immediately or in another words: expectations are your enemies.

For starters - just sit on a couch and be in the present with your thoughts, senses and feels, no matter what shape they will take.

I find DXM helps a lot against depression

>just sit on a couch and be in the present with your thoughts, senses and feels, no matter what shape they will take.
These are the kinds of fags that get "muh sads."

had it for over a year. i used to think depression was bullshit and even called my friend out on his nonsense when i found out he was depressed. the stress of school and work and the fact that i wasnt taking care of myself took its toll. i began feeling the symptoms and no matter what i did i couldnt cheer up, couldnt ignore it. soon enough the symptoms became physical. nasuea and dry heaving in public restrooms, isolation,starving then binge eating. eventually dropped out of school and sought treatment when i went full on suicidal. turns out my thyroid was underperforming hard for the previous year. doctors thought it was best to treat my severe depression and hope the that when my mood improves, my body normalizes.went on prozac then lexapro then effexor. effexor actually improved my mood, thyroid levels evened out. now im working and going back to school. its been rough but antidepressants helped me through it all. this shit is no joke man. fucking brain chemistry man. its fucking vital

Depression is the mental disease of the affluent. It's because you don't need to do anything to survive, that you don't need to survive that you start becoming depressed. The only way to grow out of it is to stop being bound by external motivators. Hence, advice like or is bullshit.

It's because you don't need to do anything to survive that you start becoming depressed*

>boohoo I see things sometimes
Grow a spine, hallucinations can't hurt you and most people agree they are cool

happy about what?

Just lift weights.
Jesus christ. Why don't more people go lift weights? It makes me hurt a lot less, it will do the same for you.

depression is an illness. most people who say they have it don't. you can look up the symptoms online or watch TV and figure out what to say to get diagnosed with it.
when you do, no pills will ever work, but they'll fuck up your head and give you other health problems like anxiety.

take your pills, user. you're sick.
if that doesn't work try not being A FUCKING LEAF

Only if guided by thoughts of past and future. And mostly thoughts are actually the biggest bullies of "sads", not actual "feels" themselves.

Also if you live in a garbage bin, that can affect present thoughts so finding a nicer place to sit is also good. Especially since I doubt that anyone on Sup Forums can actually shut down their thoughts entirely so seeing or hearing stuff around you can instantly make thoughts flow, causing all kinds of unnecessary feels.

Depression is like a redpill. Once you get it, it stays forever. You can suppress it with video games, drugs, etc but it will never go away. The shitty thing being the older you get, the harder to suppress. Got it in like 6th grade when I first pondered about death and realized the vanity of life so I played vidya 24/7 and it worked the dopamine flowed, now 30 and have no interest in anything. No goals, desires, nothing. Emptiness is driving me fucking crazy.

fuck man. that sucks. sounds like you need a change in perspective but i know how hard that is to get in that state. sorry bro

Here we go again. I'll let you know that depressive people don't need a comfy couch or a colorful room. Real depressive people, i shit you not , can't feel or see any form of optimism , stimulating colors , "a great time" or any other sesame street feel good shit.

pretty much this

i'm not a virgin, but i should be fucking more. i'm fucked in the head and don't know how to fix myself.

>You can suppress it with video games, drugs, etc but it will never go away. The shitty thing being the older you get, the harder to suppress.
More like distractions from actually trying to figure it out.

That's a very interesting theory Portugal

Dude you are 100% on the money, I think the same. Aside from exceptions like being abused as a child and some grief reactions, this this this.

I think it usually starts as a reaction.

However once you're depressed for a while you get used to it, and it becomes a way of life, and thus an illness that is very hard to recover from.

A nice sunny climate helps lots, leaf.

Most of tthem might be burglared on their life promises which they couldnt fullfill. I can't see the culprit clearly but in western countries it might be ww2 and the following loss of industry work , the loss of masculinity, and the death of nations. But i'm just a drunk moron. What else could be the reason for a rise in mental illness in our western nations?

>optimism
That's the fucking meme behind all of it. Like the "be yourself" phrase gets memed to shit. Like I said before:
>expectations are your enemies

What I meant with "garbage bin" or "couch" was meant to be seen as neutral as possible to lessen any kind of impact to one's senses, both "positive" and "negative".

I shit you not, "good" is just as awful as "bad" when you'd widen your perspective a little bit. The true "happiness" (pay attention to the quotation marks right here) is being able to feel the feels in all the ranges as they are without pushing anything away because it's "bad". Pushing it away makes it build up and only then can things get really bad.

So much this

That's really all that it is. The people with "Depression" are just pity seeking losers, who are SO much sadder than you. They are so sad that they talk to a guy about how sad they are, and he prescribes them pills to ease the sadness. Your suffering cannot compare to theirs. Everyone else has it so easy, and they just have it so much worse than you. You wouldn't understand. Poor, poor them. Some even suffer from the disease of alcoholism.

>What else could be the reason for a rise in mental illness in western nations?
>(((jewish tricks)))

And for the last time. Depressive people after they already caught the illness and lived with it for several years don't see happiness , sadness , fun , etc. they really are hollow , empty souls. They can't distinguish from good or bad anymore, maybe they never could , or maybe it all began with a traumataizing incident for them. I just can't see a solution for them through emotional deprivaton. I think they need to learn basic emotions like trust , comfort , friendship and shitposting again.