Question for a religious persons

You are given an envelope that proves the existence(or nonexistence) of God. There is a 50% chance of either option

>Do you risk opening it to find he isn't real and shattering your world view?
>Do you open it to see that God is real and to change your lifestyle to a more holy one?

Would you open the envelope or throw it out?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/risk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What if opening the envelope creates God, so evidence of nonexisyence turns obsolete?

Schrödingers God

I wouldn't need to open it. But since you would interpret it as lack of belief I would open it and prove you right.

I dunno lol

Who needs a 50 50 shot when a believer already knows they're right 100%.

A true believer will burn it.

How can proof of God's existence possibly be in an envelope anyway?

I dont need to open it because as soon as I know that god exist I'm no longer able to believe in him. Believing in him without knowing that he exists is our true test and much stronger than any knowledge will ever be.

You open the letter and pray to God and then He's like "YOU PRAY TO ME ONLY BECAUSE THE LETTER SAYS I EXIST? YOU LACK FAITH" and then He smites you with his thunderboner. It's impossible to please an insane sky wizard invented by literally retarded desert people.

I don't need to open it. I seek only a future where all souls who've wronged me burn in hell for all eternity. And in intend to achieve it with or without God's help.

>mfw I open the envelope and there's spiders in there and it was just a prank

>le sky wizard meme

>falling for the anthropomorphic Godhead concept created by marxists

>butthurt and edgy teenager detected

also, a fucking leaf.

to answer the OP, the premise is invalid, because it assumes that God is a force that is separate from creation, and not actively omniscient, present within each soul, which is an individuated unit of the sea of infinite consciousness which is the source of all things.

I would open the envelope. I'm not a religious person for God's sake.

how will I knew the envelope is telling me the truth unless it says "BIBLE" on it?

cont.

to expand a bit more, I would not need to open the envelope because it would not teach me anything I had not already known at my core since my inception billions of years ago.

Good post

When an illusionist pulls a rabbit out of a hat, we can all be reasonably confident that the rabbit did not just magically materialise out of thin air.

When religiotards claim that god pulled not a rabbit, but a universe out of his hat, we can be proportionally more confident that the universe did not just magically materialise. More confident, in fact, to the degree by which the scale of the universe exceeds the scale of a rabbit.

open that shit nigga

I would throw away the envelope.

Either I open it and I am reassured of what I already knew to be true. In which case, nothing would change, I am already as pious as I can be.

Or, I open it, and I realize that the envelope is another trick by the Devil to try and turn the Faithful away from the face of the Lord. In which case I burn it anyways.

Holy fuck you're deluded.

>I am already as pious as I can be

>religious people saying that god created the universe
HAHA you idiots xDDDDDDDDDDD

>scientists claiming that the universe was always filled with stuff
perfectly acceptable.

Sure thing buddy ;)!

>believing in the abrahamic jew god

Good goyim. Dedicate your life to the faith instead of your country.

There is no reason to keep it closed

>scientists claiming that the universe was always filled with stuff
seems perfectly fine to me

Throw it away because I already know for a fact that God is real.

Most of christian values are legit with or without existence of God.

I believe in God tho', I feel his help in my life. Also it makes me more positive person.

the envelope becomes god

the envelope becomes god
I become the envelope
and god becomes me

Maybe it just contains this:

Which god?

If would be a clear test of my faith. I would leave it closed since I already have faith in the fact that God created the universe. I don't need proof. Proof would take 'believing' out of the equation, and replace it with acceptance.

Acceptance isn't what God wants of us, He wants us to believe, out of our own hearts.

You're an idiot.

WEW KOBE

this user gets it.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
John 20:29

also you can see, KEK approved my Bible citation

>You are given an envelope that proves the existence(or nonexistence) of God.

user, can you prove, or disprove that you, right now, are a sentient being?

Didn't think so..... How can you ask religious people to prove that the god-consciousness that the majority of human beings have labeled simply as 'God', exists?

>There is a 50% chance of either option
No, there is merely a 100% chance of so-called proof God is real. I wouldn't need to open it, I already know God is real.

I'm aware my God transcends such material ways.

I couldn't care less whether I opened it or not, it won't bring me closer to him.

Which god

FUCK

>he hasnt seen immunity cat yet

yeah, but i also saw anti-immunity monkey

Hinduism, only 1 of those is actually real however.

(You)

I open the envelope because I'm not afraid of my own beliefs being wrong. I'm certain that I already know what I'm going to find, but the chance that I'm totally wrong makes it fascinating. Also, there's no way I'm passing up the chance to be the only person on the entire fucking planet to know for sure.

>Do you risk opening it to find he isn't real and shattering your world view?

>risk
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/risk
Noun
risk (plural risks)

1. A possible, usually negative, outcome, e.g., a danger.
2. The likelihood of a negative outcome.

>possible
>likelihood

lol

But if it turns out that the content of the envelope is a little card with "yes" printed on it without any other explanation as to what god is, I'm going to be pissed.

if its a 50% chance he's real then ill just start living right thats good enough for me

The funny thing is you have more faith in the envelope than you do in your religious beliefs

Open it
There is no reason to be a Christian if you don't believe its true

I open the envelope regardless.

This sounds like a certain story involving a snake I once heard.
I'm out satan.

> (OP)
>This sounds like a certain story involving a snake I once heard.
>I'm out satan.

Didn't think of that.

>Do you open it to see that God is real and to change your lifestyle to a more holy one?

Why would that change anything?

It's not like you're any more or less judged than you already are, with or without knowledge.

I'd be exactly the same as I am.

He isn't real :^)

I got such envelope some time ago but when I opened it the only thing which was written there was: God hates niggers.

I scoff at such an absurd idea... I need no proof that God exists. I know.

"he" may not be, but divinity probably is. Than one dimensional thought process is going to hold you back.

>proves
git gud, ahrimanfag

The entire point of this exercise is based on the premise that the contents of the envelope are accurate! Also, I have no religious beliefs, unless you think agnostic atheism is a religious belief. I'm not sure what your point here is.

Open the envelope. It's better to know the truth than live a lie. But as it stands, I think we've got pretty good evidence that God exists.