Non-Autistic Pagans?

Is there a way to be a pagan without being a Fat tumblrina, autist, or LARPer? I want to be a part of a European religion, but don't want to be a Christian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gWiDF8Ylyv0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion
youtube.com/watch?v=VomiUEsqvAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Embrace Christianity or die in the hellfire that awaits earth.

European Paganism was all created by subversive kikes. All of the gods are fallen angels and all of the rituals, beliefs, icons etc are Satanic. Don't fall for it.

I really tried to be a good Christian. I went to church every week, I prayed every morning and night... but God never spoke to me. I never felt him or heard him. I lost faith in god.

Greco-Roman Paganism was like the mortal enemy of Judaism for centuries until they destroyed it with a Messianic Jewish cult

Roman Catholicism

Yes, but a large percentage of Pagans will silently shun you for not being a leftist. It's about the same in the occult scene.

We're around, though. Tend to get along better with Christians for some reason. If you want a group who causes autistic screeching amongst most pagans, go with AFA. At least they do shit.

Im jking anyway.

I would never subscribe to any group religion on a spiritual level.

What are your beliefs/practices, if you don't mind me asking

>never subscribe to any group religion
Does it violate the NAP you fucking individualist?

I've always been interested in learning more about Finnish mythology. My grandpa mentioned a few back when I was younger, but I can't remember them. He didn't believe in them but he knew some of the stories.

I'm more an occultist, because I'd rather be alone, but I do some Greek practices such as leaving offerings for Hecate at the New Moon at a crossroads, and general ancestor worship.

What are you looking for, recon? I don't follow them totally but I respect that path. I hate atheist pagans. They want to turn it into environmentalism with bonfires.

>Is there a way to be a pagan without being a Fat tumblrina, autist, or LARPer?

No

No, Christianity was created by kikes. Don't mix up something.

> on a spiritual level.

Mainly meaning i wont allow something outside of myself define god for me, if it has to do with faith, atleast.

I believe that most gods are real, but I don't really worship them for the time being. Not really interested in recon because the old ways are dead, I want to celebrate the festivals that remain and worship them in a more modern way.

No one knows how it was originally practiced because the Christians destroyed the records

Sure there is. We have plenty in France and it keeps growing, people that are basically traditionalist, live in the countryside mostly, meet up mostly during both solstices, but also to celebrate other once pagan but made Christian holidays.

There's no "druids", no magic trinkets, no praying to gods, no rituals, just ordinary, responsible, healthy, hardworking human beings, that enjoy their autonomy, their freedom, hate degeneracy and political correctness, value their family and their race, and assemble around huge bonfires to eat delicious traditional meals and homemade spirits. It's growing more and more, because they realize it's something non-whites don't understand nor can they relate to it, kinda like metal and motorbikes.

There isn't much to be said about it, because they know themselves it's part lost to time, part very simple things about living a traditional life. You could say this form of paganism really embodies the essence of European paganism, picking the strongest elements that gather and bind people together, without being autistic about all the details like those "wiccans" and shit.

And it's slowly building an impenetrable force that opposes leftists and their immigration politics, and that's a great thing.

I believe that they're all real too. I would say some of the older ways are suitable for modern times, and others are not so much. There's plenty of festivals and the like, depending on the pantheon you might choose. If you're looking for a group, there's quite a few, but you'll have to deal with your above groups and creepy fucks checking out kids. There's maybe two groups I know of that you might feel comfy, and any right leanin groups are usually Asatru as it is.

French bro, this is basically what I want, but I also want to tell the stories of the Gods, and maybe worship them and leave little offerings to them and the hiddenfolk
Like optimally I would have a center right group that wants to have tradtional European values, but preferably not literal Neo-Nazis. I mean I'm half Anglo, and and Half Irish and Scottish, but the Celtic side is more culturally relevant to me. So a Celtic group would be optimal for me.

Nope. But go with what you believe, instead of worrying about perception. Otherwise you're as bad as a tumblrina.

>but God never spoke to me
Why would He?

I prayed every day, I grew up being a devout christian and wanted to be a pastor. Me and my family fasted monthly, prayed over dinner, always went to Church twice a week, and went to bible study. I truly loved god, but I felt no love in return

Good luck, it's going to be hard. Ever read Gods and Radicals? These are the people who will dog you every chance they get.

I'm an atheist but I respect Christianity from a cultural and Paganism from a heritage standpoint.

That means I have nothing against Christian traditions and I actually feel connection with my pagan ancestors. All that while understanding science and world around me enough to know that there are no external power that control our lives

So far leftist pagans? I personally try to keep my political opinions and religion fairly separate. But I don't understand how someone can have a belief system that comes down to "You are your deeds" and be a communist

No.

Beat me to it, apparently.
/thread

>The door to your wishes is just around the corner.
youtube.com/watch?v=gWiDF8Ylyv0

This, which is why almost any 'neopagan' or occult religious practices can be called LARPing.

I was told by someone once to pick an occultist belief based on which 'aesthetic' I like most because, they told me, they're all pretty much telling you the same things.

Sikhism is a beautiful religion, but it is the religion of the Punjabi people, not mine

I want to be a pagan because European values and tradition mean more to me than the Judeo-Christian ones. I think the stories of the old gods and other legends teach more important morals to our people. But I am not anti-Christian, if you believe in Christianity and it makes you happy and helps you to live a moral life then that's great, but its not for me.

Learn and read as much as you can.
Read the codex regius
Read the poetic edda
Read the Volsunga Saga
Read the saga of the Icelanders

Don't involve yourself with the larpers who read nothing and just watch Vikings on TV.

Learn about sacrifice and pay respects to the gods on your own.

Hail Odinn.

Religion isn't a culture-bound thing. Note that all pagan religions come from the Indo-Iranian source and are intrinsically the same.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-European_religion

Okay, so look into Reconstructionism

>French bro, this is basically what I want, but I also want to tell the stories of the Gods, and maybe worship them and leave little offerings to them and the hiddenfolk

Here are the stories of the gods according to this current mostly based on Celtic beliefs, though it rests on concepts so ancient they apply to Nordic beliefs as well: gods once lived among humans and all was well, we interacted with them and they gave us some of their secrets, like writing or steel. They lived in harmony with nature and we imitated them. Gods weren't all good, they weren't human but they were still just people. They were leaders more than gods, paragons of perfection, that you shouldn't simply kneel and pray to, but instead, take as an example to follow, and strive to resemble to.

The end.

In the end, it's all about yourself. Only semitic gods ask you to kneel in front of them and adore them, and in fact, apparently created you for this sole purpose. Old gods don't need your offerings, everything they need they can get it themselves, and you should follow their example.

It really is much more meta than jewish beliefs, and really opposes everything they tainted Europe with. As a common example, those pagans completely banned the lion from absolutely everything, for the true king of Europe's forests and mountains is the bear, not the oriental lion from semitic deserts.

Indo-European, we are Indo-Europeans too. I speak an Indo-European language. I have an Indo-European religion. I have an Indo-European Culture. I think it makes sense that I should want an Indo-European religion too.

>the stories of the old gods and other legends teach more important morals to our people
They're.
All the Christianity teaches is how to be a good cuck
I'm not saying you should genuinely believe that some gods fight in the skies for your future or whatever, but at least the pagan mythology doesn't tolerate weak and more close to real life than Abrahamic religions

Christianity is a 2000 year old meme that has been exposed many times since 300 years ago but the retards here have their head to far up in their ass so they believe that what they say here becomes true. Please stop taking Sup Forums seriously, nobody knows what he is talking about and nobody here knows how the world works. At first I enjoyed pol but more and more people take it seriously and know it's a growing cancer with it's own ideology that spoiler alert: doesnt work.

Are you really intending on believing in a pantheon of pagan gods though? You make it seem as if you just wish to read their texts and follow their festivities.

Have you considered educating yourself and transcending the need for religion?

God spoke to me last night.

Was not a fun talk, I need to stop asking for a sign, as every time I do, I get to see Hell, and its more akin to darkness, and eternal oblivion/abyss then fiery hell.

Anyway, ill say this.
#1 check out some European branches of Christianity thats not Catholic/Orthodox/mainstream Protestant. You might find a better fit for you. Some of the older ones are very paganish.

#2) Iv yet to meet one, and if I do, its not long latter before homo Christian-hating fags join him, and from that point on, he is as much role playing as being serious.

just praise kek

I do intend on believing in them, but I won't be ridiculous Thor/Zeus/Perkele/Perun doesn't make the lightning, and the Ocean isn't in by a serpent etc. I just intend to honor the gods, my ancestors, and Family

I'm here, occultist and heathen here. Most of the people in the scene are leftist snowflakes. Doesn't mean you can't learn from them though. Read culture of the teutons and we are our deeds

>God spoke to me last night.
Eh...
>Was not a fun talk, I need to stop asking for a sign, as every time I do, I get to see Hell, and its more akin to darkness, and eternal oblivion/abyss then fiery hell.

So.. you've been spoken to by your god, but still demand more 'signs'?
Are you trying to force yourself into believing in something you genuinely don't feel?

There's a word for that enforced hysteria, you know.

Indeed, Old Believers truly is the most traditionalist form of Orthodoxy which currently exists.

>willingly searching for a cult to follow
Cuck

Orthodox, Old Believers, and Catholics are like Pagan+Judaism+Messiah but I'm intrested in the European parts

Cultures change over time, different religions are adopted by different nations. Why follow the beliefs of a depraved past? Indeed it was Christianity which brought an end to the infighting of the Nords. It was Christianity which united Europe under Christ's cross.

>brought an end to the infighting
That's why they continued to wage on each other for centuries and ww1 never happened you stupid cuck

Honestly, no.

Attestation is full of lacunae. We know the deities, although we're trusting Snorri a lot when it comes to narrative. We know of some ceremonies. We know little about how the ceremonies were performed. Reconstructions tend to resemble liturgical worship with old gods. A dubious proposition for what was a shamanistic religion.

On a broader level. Nordic religion might not correspond well with what we consider a religion and might be better termed a type of magic. Things like the Merseburger Spells or rune casting seem much more like magic than theology. So even if you can reconstruct it, is it really what you're looking for?

Greco Roman paganism may be a better bet.

You literally want to be a LARPer tho. You obviously have no faith but are a sad person so you want a "super cool" fringe group to be a part of. Think about your life man.

Non norweigans,danes,swedes with a thors hammer? Lol

You're the stupid cuck here, just three words after your quote are "of the Nords." Christianity finally brought them to peace.

I don't care who else is pagan and I don't care to be fringe group, I just think this is the best religion fit for me and a good base for morals

My great grandma Mercedes Rasmusson is rolling in her Swedish cemetary muttering in Swedish about the downfall of her country

You seem to be after a religion which fits you and provides "a good base for morals", what are such morals?

Then you can wear it. Weird name tho

That you are responsible for you actions and also the nine noble virtues. Courage,Truth, Honour., Fidelity, Discipline, Hospitality. Self-reliance, Industriousness, and Perseverence.

you can't convert to paganism
the most important part is to return to your folk roots
otherwise its autism
it'll only every in europe

If that's what you strive for then perhaps it really is Sikhism which would be your light and truth. In addition throw in the values of generosity, service, and justice and you've got the Sikh morality held in a hand-basket.

You can always read the eddas

Why are all the pagans leftists? Paganism (at least of the norse/teutonic variety) seems imbued with fairly right-wing values .

I really don't get it. Its like a lot of people have a disconnect between their religions morality and theirs

Because you only know about the tumblrinas. Decent pagans are right wing as fuck.

It's the reform mindset that any religion can just be "reformed" willy nilly. Of course few actually believe in the pantheon of Gods and don't care about any-so repercussions for altering their message - allowing them to cherry-pick what they wish from the beliefs.

Literally pedo sekret klub.

>but it is the religion of the Punjabi people
Only because they're the ones who practice it the most. Nothing in it says you have to be from the Punjab. Hell, quite the opposite. Guru Nanak wanted a system accessible to all.

>but I felt no love in return
What were you expecting? Mana to be given to you on golden platter? Or perhaps you just missed the love being shown because it wasn't fulfilling your particular overt selfish wishes?

>Judeo-Christian
Ulgh.

Because they don't like traditionalism. That's why virtually none of them are actually pagan, they just like the accoutrements of saying, "lol, I'm wiccan"

I guess now is as good a time as ever.

Because you don't read Tyr and hang out with Stephen Flowers

Here's an interview with Stephen

youtube.com/watch?v=VomiUEsqvAg

Yes, you must be a uber pagan so that you can join Zac and Cody in Valhalla

he's a heathen now? lol