/Hyperboreans/ - comfy Nietzsche

Why plebs' too flail to understand him:
>One does not only wish to be understood when one writes; one wishes just as surely not to be understood. It is not by any means necessarily an objection to a book when anybody finds it impossible to understand: perhaps that was part of the author’s intention—he did not want to be understood by just “anybody.” Every more noble spirit and taste selects its audience when it wishes to communicate itself; and choosing them, it at the same time erects barriers against “the others.” All the more subtle laws of any style have their origin at this point..

What's your favourite fruit, book, trail, music, painting, city?
What would he think of the 1900s?

Allowed ITT: fruit, Greco-Romans, Renaissance, French classicism, Dionysian art, power cosmology, anti-pessimism, immorality, genealogical method, fruit, >Identifying Ressentiment.jpg

Not allowed ITT: nationalism, religion, feminism, egalitarianism of any sort, plebeians, anti-Semitism, and especially ressentiment.

>I myself am still enough of a Pole to give up all other music for the sake of Chopin
youtube.com/watch?v=7rr5VTpUw_c

So Sup Forums, why haven't you accepted the word of the Antichrist?

>not allowed: Sup Forums topics

Great thread OP thanks for posting it here

Nietzsche was a faggot and a loser
He was mentally ill
Why should I try to understand the work of an mad philosopher if I can learn from successful people instead who are at least able to articulate themselves properly?

tfw to inteligent to read nietzsche

If you can't understand Nietzsche that's your own fault. Start with something easier and try again in 3 years.

Yeah, Sup Forums is full of ressentiment. Which is why they need Nietzsche to correct this.

Why should I?
What would I gain from investing time and effort into studying his work?
Philosophy doesnt give you solutions to the questions of life, biology does.
Philosophy confuses people

Ressentiment + master/slave morality is the ultimate red pill imo, but almost no one can handle it... talking nietzsche on Sup Forums is mostly a waste of time, you'll get some fedora images for your trouble and that's it.
I mean ffs a significant portion here is unironically christian...

>Philosophy doesnt give you solutions to the questions of life, biology does.

is a virus dead or alive?

Eventually science, just like religion (or any system that tries to validate truth)come to a circular argument. And there you will find nietzsche´s philosophy important.

>Philosophy doesnt give you solutions to the questions of life, biology does.
It does though. A lot of people say this but this is because they don't understand philosophy as a concept very well.
At some level you already adhere to a philosophy conscious or otherwise. Like most people in the western world you're probably a nihilistic semi-Hegelian (probably on the count you suggest that science has the answers).

And indeed science does have the answers, but the philosophy in which we approach life strongly impacts how we gather and apply those answers. It's no coincidence that all scientific evidence points to whites being superior to other races for instance yet the majority of people refuse to accept this. This is because on a philosophical level our society is corrupt with Christian thought on matters like equality, free will and so forth. Philosophical introspection and analysis allows us to reconsider the way in which we approach our lives and potentially use this wisdom to improve them.

You do raise a good point though. Philosophy does confuse people. But the majority of people don't need to read philosophy and couldn't understand it anyway even if they wanted to, this is because the majority of people are basically cattle that just shamble through life serving one master after another. And it's their very nature to be that way.

Good afternoon Ahmed.

>and especially ressentiment.
>I speak French
Nietzsche was full of resentment. Logically he wouldn't be allowed ITT thread either.

saged

I like what I've read of Nietzsche but let's get real for a second:

His criticism on the idealist understanding of Greek mythology and history was groundbreaking

His ideas on Soave morality and the will to power where groundbreaking.

But something was off with the dude personally and he lost his god damn mind fairly young. I'm not sure what that means for his philosophy but it's kinda important I'd say.

>Nietzsche was full of resentment
Honestly he probably was, but not being a perfect paragon of your own philosophy doesn't discredit the philosophy itself.

In any case why do you think this?

tbqh if Nietzsche wasn't mad he wouldn't have been such a good philosopher. And further still you need to be a little mad yourself to truly "get it".

>Why do you think this is?

I think it was because "they" make things unnecessarily complicated. "They" create a problem so only they can then offer the solution.

/Im a whiney bitch general/? Are we seriously doing this now?

Not an argument.

Sup Forums is full of whining anyway.

All these buttmad christcucks

I'm disappointed in Sup Forums.

This place is full of plebs.

Dude fuck off

I consider Nietzsche to be a very important philosopher and a fascinating person, but fuck me if I hadn't known about him before this thread you'd be massively turning me off

Cool it or you're doing the dude a diservice

>tfw_too_smart_for_this_thread.jpg

what would Nietzsche say about what qualifies today as "music"?

I'm already a horse user

>but fuck me if I hadn't known about him before this thread you'd be massively turning me off
What?

A thread about pure elitism: the philosopher isn't welcoming enough for you?

>Probably a nihilist

How come?

Because everyone in the western world is at least a little-bit nihilist since religion has become increasingly vestigial to people's lives.

Biology only answers how. If how is all that is important to you, study biology.

Bananas have history and danger, they are by far my favorite fruit. A radioactive clone army that topples governments. The original army was defeated by a virus, this is the second iteration and not as tasty.

>I myself I'm still enough of a Pole...

He was proven to be 500% German post mortem

Bananas are good.

But blackcurrants are still the king.

I won't be swayed by hedonistic plebeian arguments like what the fruit tastes like. Blackcurrants still use ancient seed technology, aren't grotesque monster of human engineering and haven't even toppled a single government.

This is the most pretentious shit I've seen in years. Go manufacture an identity somewhere else.

Actually blackcurrants almost devastated the US' environment by infecting local trees with European diseases leading it to be banned for the lions share of a century.

The yank fears the Ribena.