I just realized i've never heard a real gunshot in my life. Are they scary?

I just realized i've never heard a real gunshot in my life. Are they scary?

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201
youtube.com/watch?v=PtB5Bzwcxf8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jdYBX11rh1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not when you're expecting it.

you will soon enough sven

Surprisingly loud.

When I started shooting when I was a kid I started off with a little .22 cricket rifle then worked my way up

You get used to it, it's just the kick with some guns that may surprise you not the sound of the shot

theyve got a real distinct sound and if theyre going past you you can almost hear / feel the round twisting through the air

When you're at the range for the first time they can be kind of startling but you get used to it really quick.

When you hear them a few blocks over you just sort of ignore it after awhile.

Sending more refugees to Sweden ASAP.

If you're shooting the gun, it's just loud as hell.
If a tanned Swede is shooting at you, it's scary as fuck when that bullet passes by you. If it hits you, it's probably a bit more scary.

>t. Chicago nig

They make your ears ring. Dangerously loud and sharp. For a musician at least.

You can probably get .22 nail gun caps at a hardware store and toss em into a fire if you want to hear it.

depends how close you are. i live within hearing distance of a shooting range and its basically just pops.

Stay safe, Robbaz.

Very loud in a indescribable way. You will get hearing damage from hearing more than a handful of gunshots unprotected.

I used to shoot .22 quite often without earpro as a kid, but anything larger than that is pretty unbearable and will leave a ringing in your ears for a few days which comes back periodically in the future.

With some shorter barreled rifles, the concussion is almost worse than the sound. Even with earpro you can still feel the pressure in your head, and the concussion shakes your insides.

It's terrifying and will give you temporary PTSD

nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

The first round always surprises you a little bit because of the kick and sound, but you quickly get used to it and by the 3rd round or so it doesn't bother you.

Shot a .22 rifle a few times at a range a few months back (I know, fucking exciting aye).

Wasn't that loud. They still made us wear ear plugs tho. In fact i don't think i was even paying attention to the sound.

I've only shot handguns, it sounds a lot like firecrackers

louder than you'd expect

hope to never have to fire indoors

I know. I once got temporary PTSD just from firing an AR-15.

The only thing scary about gunshots in the range is losing your ear protection by accident.

loudest thing you've ever heard, and the smell of gunpowder is a bit frightening

>Scary

depends 100% on which side of the gun you're on.

The first time I heard a .44 Magnum revolver go off, that startled me.

You hear it, but you FEEL the pressure way. It really commands attention.

It's like the feeling you get in your chest from being right next to the amps at a big concert, but very sudden.

I once accidently discharged a 12 gauge in my dad's living room (I was 13), it was insanely loud. My ears rang for like 20 minutes.

No its not, idk swede laws but in UK only legal semi auto rifle is .22LR, easy to shoot outdoors with no hearing protection

I've been shot three times, twice by my piece of shit uncle and once by my dumbass friend at a shooting range.

If you ever get shot, the sound of gunfire will spook you for a while after that. But then if you get shot a second time you realize it's not that big of a deal and gunfire won't really scare you too bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=PtB5Bzwcxf8

No it's enthusing. I guarantee the first time you shoot a shotgun or any large caliber rifle you will get a rush of endorphins even if it flies up into the air and destroys your shoulder.

So sorry to hear that Mr. Kuntzman. Hope you can overcome your mental damage sometime soon.

ACTS AND PROVE!

IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD!

.22s are basically pic related

.22's will still irreparably damage your hearing if you aren't wearing hearing protection or suppressing the firearm.

>saw this thread in catalog
>100% knew the op wouldn't be US flag

>shoot yourself with smaller bullets to build up immunity to larger bullets the post

With ear protection they sound like thuds. The scariest thing about it is that it's harder to shoot guns than they make it look on cuck of duty and other vidya.

It's also extremely sobering. Very quick sounds and rapid action. If you want to get sober and uncuck yourself, that fastest way to do it is to go to a gun range. Your mind will be crystal clear from the adrenaline.

Does it make guns harder to use because of the noise? Like if you were in an American bar and you had to kick over your table and start firing might you stop early or get detracted because of the racket?

You'd cry yourself to sleep for a week if I fired a 9mm in the same room as you

Don't they have public ranges where you can rent a gun? Go learn how to shoot faggot.

What kind of relatives do you have , wtf

You're fucked

Exactly.

Always point the muzzle in the most tactical direction.
Caress the trigger lovingly.
That boy better not be talking to my daughter again.
Sheeit.

This. Butler is great but will never be another MJ

Certainly not.

EEEEEEEEEEE

So will capguns

9mm is the minimum for anything that's considered a "real" gun and not some pocket shooter gimicky assassin headshots only toy.

If you were in a closed room and someone shoots a gun, all you'll hear is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE until the fight is over.

In the movies, when people fucking whisper to each other in a firefight, I instantly lose suspension of disbelief.

>9mm

Plenty of rounds that are smaller in diameter and/or quite a bit weaker can reach the FBI's minimum penetration requirements.

don't you have shooting ranges/caves in sweden?

father in law let me borrow his .44 magnum. holy fuck was that fun to shoot.

>loud as fuck
>kicks like a mule
>foot long flames out the barrel

my dick has never been so hard

It's not the sound of the shot you should be worried about but rather the whizzing and cracking you hear when they come close.

Whizzing means they missed
Cracking means its close

>get shot 3 times
>posting on Sup Forums

something doesn't add up

I mean, if you're packing a gun at the bar you are probably used to the sound, and adrenaline will make up the difference.

Gunshot wounds, especially with handguns, are actually quite survivable.

We do, but mostly geared towards hunters.

They are impractically loud.
You get permanent hearing damage from firing anything above a .22

I truly believe it's the last thing we haven't rectified with modern firearms. Even suppressed gunfire is insanely loud.

If you use your firearm on a regular basis you know exactly what to expect when you start shooting, you know how loud it will be and how much it will kick. Muscle memory pretty much does the work for you. If you aren't used to using your gun then yeah it would probably startle you and cause you to potentially freeze up and miss or in a worse case scenario get yourself shot. I wouldn't recommend having a gun if you don't practice with it, you are more likely to hurt yourself or someone else rather than be a hero like everyone imagines they would be.

I think we do, but firing a gun have never crossed my mind

Do they let drunk people enter the gun range?

Get on it Sven. You'll never feel more in control of your own destiny.

>suppressed gunfire is insanely loud

It depends and it's can actually be very quiet.

there's like a shooting cave 10 minutes from here and and I live close to the city

Hunting rifles are extremely loud.

Seriously. If you're out at the range plinking with an AR-15 and someone starts sighting in their .300 WinMag moose gun in the stall next to you, you're going to suffer. Especially if they have a muzzle brake (which they probably do).

Any RO will kick you off the range for much less than that.

>Even suppressed gunfire is insanely loud.

That's not what Hollywood told me all my life.

Good damn she is hot, is to bad she is a braindead Hollywood SJW. Chicks with a British accent (not cockney) are sexy as fuck. Red hair, pale skin, green/blue eyes and a British accent is my fucking ideal. I'll never get it though, to many have been ruined by feminism.

50? Is that you?

Always wear earpro user. It creates a safe space for your eardrums that keeps out the temporary PTSD. If you especially dislike loud noises and recoil, may I suggest you buy a flamethrower for home defense.

>Hollywood is a source of factual information

If you arent used to the sound of gunfire you will literally cower like a fearful dog against the might of man using nature to create weapons.

Anyone who has been to a shooting range would just flinch at the sound, get the women and children to safety, dive for cover while chambering a bullet then mag dump the muslim killer before he can finish his second ALLAHU ACKBAR

Down in texas two fully armed muslims didnt even kill anyone because they got swiss cheesed in the parking lot before they could find a soft target at a muhammad cartoon festival
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jdYBX11rh1E

If you've ever heard a tire blowout on a road truck travelling down the highway, it's pretty similar.

SBRs are pretty unpleasant to shoot, but damn they're cool looking.

It does have some purpose. The sound a gun makes is pretty unique. When you are on patrol and you hear someone firing off in the distance you can tell if the weapon is part of your side or not. If you hear a weapon that is not part of your arsenal then chances are it is an enemy

>Believing anything that comes out of hebrew valley is based in reality.

I just realized i've never sucked any dicks in my life. Are they yummy?

My uncle shot me twice when we went hunting together. First time was when I was 8, he shot me in the left the thigh. Four years later I went hunting with him again and he tagged me in the left arm. I never went hunting with him again.

Then two years ago I was at the gun range with a friend. He dropped his gun, went to grab it but ended up pulling the trigger. The bullet bounced off the ground and hit my right shin, but it skipped off the bone. Could have been a lot worse than it was.

Be careful if you go shooting with retarded friends or family members who don't know anything about gun safety.

As the other guy said, it really depends.

Guns make 3 sounds. The sound of the action moving, the gas expanding and sometimes the crack of the bullet breaking the sound barrier (not all rounds are supersonic).

Suppressors work by capturing the expanding gas so it can leave the gun much slower, reducing the volume. If you have a very large amount of gas, you'd need a huge suppressor for it to be very effective. If the barrel is shorter, then there will be more of the gas expanding in the suppressor rather than the barrel. If the bullet is very large in diameter, the gas will exit the suppressor faster after the bullet passes through it.

The quietest gun most people can actually get access to where legal is a manually operated .22lr firing subsonic rounds through a long barrel.

They're a lot louder than you think they are. A LOT louder.

Any real man that questions the second amendment just needs to shoot a gun once

His reaction will either be HOLY SHIT LETS KEEP THAT RIGHT or EWWW OH MY GOD FUCK MY WIFE AND SAVE ME FROM THIS KILLING MACHINE

Imagine a deafeningly loud pop

See
Mostly anything smaller than 9mm can have laughable results and even 9mm will take hours to kill someone unless you hit the heart or the brain

>I just realized i've never heard a real gunshot in my life.
Neither had I.

A friend let me shoot his 9.3x62 hunting rifle. I was pretty surprised at how hard it kicked and how loud it was.

I didn't say they were useless. I'm just saying we need to come up with something that actually quiets gunfire instead of making tolerable.

find out, Ivan

Un-brainwash them you fag, my sister was close to going over the edge until she went to france and germany,

Doesnt it lower performace of the bullet and reduce FPS though?

>SBRs are pretty unpleasant to shoot,
nogunz detected

I hate short barrel rifles because of how fucking loud they are

Doubt it but go ahead and try faggit

Hope Putin gasses you

Exact opposite. It increases pressure, thereby increasing bullet velocity slightly. It also makes your gun cycle more quickly. Firearms not designed or adapted for their use can actually be damaged by them because of this.

However, as previously explained, subsonic rounds will be better for suppressors since they won't have the sonic crack. That just means you load a heavier bullet and/or reduce the powder charge.

Better question is, have you heard one coming at your direction? I live in a bad neighborhood and have been out at night at the wrong time a few times. You hear a special kind of whizing that feels too close for comfort.

>Getting shot by uncle on a hunting trip... twice
I'd like to take that mans guns away and punch him in the face if he says otherwise. Fucking retard

It also depends. Various types of ammo and other variables.

It's not quite as simple as slapping a silencer on a thread and calling it a day.

I went full /k/ and fucked up so bad at work 5 months ago.

The boss, me, and one other were heading out to try and close a sale and a car backfired and I began scrambling under the sedan all fast.

They just stayed quiet and I recovered after 10 secs or so of shaking and breathing fast, and got in and we've just never talked a word about it.

Do they think I'm fucking insane?

I own a house with my girlfriend. I'm not likely to need a replacement any time soon. Though if my lawsuit settles acceptably fast enough I may well go looking for a younger, hotter replacement. I want children and the girlfriend just turned 30. Much longer on the kid front and she will be useless to me.

>almost 2017
>still using 9mm

More like
>gunz detected
They're cool and i'd shoot a friend's at the range or something, just I would never own one because I hate shooting them.

Post scars

>My uncle shot me twice when we went hunting together.
Americans and guns, never again. Take them away and teach the tards proper gun safety rules already.

There is not a single defensive handgun caliber that has a 100% one-shot-kill record. Hell, people have survived being hit with fucking 8mm mauser and shit.