I swear, it was not that long ago

>I swear, it was not that long ago...

>I was on a big bus full of kids, coming back from a summer camp trip.
>Bus breaks down (out of gas, typically) so camp counselor walks to get gas at station
>kids get hungry
>when she gets back, counselors decide it's time for food stop
>we go by McDonalds. Burgers were 29 cents and cheeseburgers were 39 cents.
>counselors say why not? They got about 30 cheeseburgers for about $14, everybody got multiple cheeseburgers and everybody got really excited while eating
>good times
>diesel for the bus was probably 70 cents a gallon

I'm only 25 now. What happened?
What will trump do about the cost of the cheeseburger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-6hsL4Z9yn0
youtube.com/watch?v=MWFETlit0c4
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
snopes.com/e-mail-from-huma-abedin-to-brother/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And back then 39 cent cheese burgers were made with real beef and cheese by friendly white people behind the counter.

Now they are over a dollar and made from chemicals by rude obnoxious niggers that spit in it because you are a CIS white male for payback because of Trayvon.

That's true, sadly.

So how will trump get the burger price down?

>nostalgiafags

>not being vegan
what are you, a faggot?

Just came back from wapmart grocery shopping. Bought enough food my kid and myself. $160.

Fuck man, the Wednesday special at McD. Man the burgers tasted better back then I'm also the same age as you, artificial inflation is a nigger.

>dollar menu
>shit was actually a dollar
I 'member

The thing I most remember is those 20oz bottles of Soda being 75c from a machine, and the 2ltr being >2.00$

Now the prices are like 1.75$ for a 20oz and like 4$ for a 2ltr.

My inner Jew hates this.

It's the 13 million illegals you have to pay for,
goy

Remember, they need insurance and social security aswell,
despite working illegaly on the side

>buying into the carbonated jew
good goy

Nixon happened.

Minimum wage was also $3 at the time.

Hamburgers are 29 cents on tuesday still though

Those burgers were CHEAP!

It's not so much nostalgia as it is a disappointment of declining standards and values. Anyone that tells you that you need to settle for less and worse is a cuck.

>What happened?
you lied online thats what happened mcdonalds were not that cheap within the past 30 years

you right wing retards make me sick

a grossly unqualified orange racist (who holocaust survivors have gone on record and said he is literally Hitler) is in charge of pur nation. this radically impulsive man has access to nuclear codes. he can't even keep his cool watching an SNL skit, how can we trust him to not nuke other nations on a whim? you inbred pieces of shit hicks are more worried about the price of burgers rather than people who are hurt they will be deported and separated from their families, or how we were robbed of pur true president that the american people VOTED for. instead some rich old ass white dudes decided the fate for or nation, again, and ruined it, again

fuck you fat racist fucks

youtube.com/watch?v=-6hsL4Z9yn0

make burgers great again

>paying 4 bucks american for a 2L
This hurts my poor brain, find a better deal nigger

>implying we voted him into office to protect the world
>implying the world isn't already beyond saving

Your greentext reminded me of the $1.99 Grand Slam at Denny's and the $0.59/$0.79/$0.99 menu at Taco Bell.

Pretty sure the cheapest gas got in the late 90s was around $1 per gallon.

Bruh. That was McDonald's 50 year event. They were their original price on Wednesdays and i think Fridays.

>american burger threads
>political
pick one faggot

>you lied online thats what happened mcdonalds were not that cheap within the past 30 years
t. Too young to even comment on things you know nothing about

Is Huma supposed to be one of Hillary's friends???

I remember when vending machines exclusively sold soda in 12oz cans and they were $0.25 each.

Political American burger thread.

Fuck off leaf.

Not true. My family was poor growing up and we ate a lot of these. Would go and buy 40 of them and have food for the week on like $20

xd inflation is bad lol !

americans are pretty funny!

>And back then 39 cent cheese burgers were made with real beef and cheese

I don't know about America, but McDonalds was more artificial in the 90s here.

The "meat" was greyish and mottled with brown and everything was unbelievably greasy.

The fries are much worse, though; I remember them being crisp and well formed, but now they're all floppy and misshapen.

I remember those prices. Love those shitty little burgers still. Too bad I quit jew food 2 years ago.

the price of fast food skyrocketed when they let you use food stamps

summer of 2001, i remember that

it was a good week

I don't care, when I order a fucking cheeseburger it better be emaculate or else your part time $15 per hour demanding ass can be thrown over The Wall into the Mexican Wastes where you can spend the rest of your insignificant life foraging the lands for HIV+ avacados to maintain basic sustainance

I remember those burger prices when I was in Jr high. 33 now. I packed a backpack full of them one day for like $10.

Shutup poland.
Go be a Russian foot stool.
Shoo!

Inflation needs to happen, because it increases the nominal amount of $$$ collected, meaning the government can pay off the central bankers and not default, so it can continue borrowing.

If you don't want inflation and immigration, you need to get rid of the central bank and return to when the governments printed its own money.

More like the Jews happened
Nixon had no choice but to drop the gold standard because he needed money for the Vietnam War

And we all know what happened to the previous president before him who wanted to stop that war

They changed the oil they use to make fries, i think something about trans fats

anyways, the fries here are still pretty similar IF they're fresh

Live for the burger, die for the burger.

Wait.

You would buy 20 dollars worth of burgers on say a monday. And then eat those same burgers for a week straight?

...............What are they made of so as to be edible at the end of the week.

...............This is the most shocking post I have ever read. Imagining a burgerman eating week old burgers for breakfast, 11'oclock. , lunch, dinner, and

.............What the fuck is happening here.

You'd just buy twenty odd burgers and cram them into your backpack? How do you eat that many, why would you eat that many.

Explain your self hamburgers

>how do you eat that many
With a can-do attitude, a few friends, and a bag of weed

blame obama

You get it.

>The "meat" was greyish and mottled with brown and everything was unbelievably greasy.
It was the horsemeat and pink slime.

>and a bag of weed
This is why your poor famalamaa

You think we're called "burgers" as some kind of a joke? You think this is a fucking game? Burgers are serious business here, health pack.

Maybe it's just the rose tinted glasses but life seemed easier and more cheerful 20 years ago

I'm noticing that trend. Shocked there's so much emotion attached to greasy cheap psuedo-meat but i'm not one to judge. At the very least the weekly burger buyer could have just bought a days worth of burgers at a time instead?

I mean...To each his own, but like. Maybe

I didn't connect these dots before, thanks.
They're fucked and we all will suffer anyway.

McDonald's is lousy and they're overreaching their grasp trying to become a real restaurant. Nobody wants to go to McDonald's for a cheesesteak or a salad. I've been boycotting them for years anyway for their agenda driven commercials.

Member Star Wars? Member Chewbacca?

You wife's kid

you're correct

the quality of McDonald's meat has increased, not decreased, over time

For the whole month right?

This hits me in the feels. I remember hanging out with my friends and we used to get like 20 cheeseburgers and it only ended up being $9 or some shit.

Now they're like $4.99 each and they think that's a "good deal."

based

youtube.com/watch?v=MWFETlit0c4

Tf are you talking about ? I live in commiefornia and 2 liters are $1.58 on sale for a dollar, you buy your 2 liters at the fuckin liquor store or something?

Taco Bell is grade Z food and I wouldn't even feed it to my dog, but man does it taste great when you're drunk.

Getting like 8 burritos and the price was only like $4. You couldn't beat that.

What went so wrong with food prices?

Cheezburgz were always around 10 of my shitty Rands for a tiny ass sandwich, then it became 20 Rands for the same tiny ass flimsy ass pathetic excuse for a fucking cheezburgeerrrerrerer
all the prices go up but the power of our money goes down, until zoro day when were left with nothing and have to start eating each other, and the elites drink baby blood as the finest of wines

this is life in 2017

select images with pizza

Bitch your dumb af, i'm 30 years old and i remember walking to McDonalds for a bunch of 39 cent cheeseburgers on Wednesdays when i was like 14.

This. Nobody wants to sit down after a hard days work and bite into a freedom burger only to be interrupted by undesirables eating a "salad", what ever the fuck that is, or a pack of dumb niggers with their doo rags hanging out coming to get their McNugget fix while smacking their lips and yelling "i'm lovin' it".

cheeseburgers are still cheap as fuck form MacDonalds.

it's called inflation you fucking clown.

Sheetz is the only fast food place where you can still get a shit ton of food for an insanely cheap price.

12 inch sub for $4. And they actually put lots of stuff on, unlike the lettuce sandwiches of Subway.
Also 50 cent hot dogs. Which is basically unheard of in 2016.

I feel sorry for those who don't live in a Sheetz state.

A fucking famous star at Carl's Jr. Is three dollars now i remember when they were 99 cents , their cheapest combo is 7 bucks, might as well go get a burger at a real restaurant.

More recently. $1 got you lunch, cashier would usually be cool and throw you a drink cup without charging

Financial elite whites started mimicking the behavior of Jews.

>A piece of "cheese" is 25% of a hamburger's cost

whats the source on this? Never saw this before

>tfw 25 years ago was 87 years ago

poetry

No, the burgers havent been inflating. They look the same size. Its almost like money is worth less than it was before. :^)

not the burgers

Also, you know who's a fucking clown?? Ronald McDonald.

When I worked at Burger King about 15 years ago, also back when they had a 2 cheeseburger meal, it cost about $3 with tax. Now all the fast food meals are like $8.

While we're at it

youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

>tfw I remember when you used to get more liters of gasoline than the euros you spent.

>It's almost unthinkable now.

>tfw I remember getting a hot pizza slice at the oratory's bar for 1000L

>Now a pizza like that is at least 2.5€

>tfw I remember when you could buy a literal shopping cart full of shit for 50,000L and now 25€ will buy you half a shopping bag - if you don't buy too much expensive stuff

>tfw I remember "Red Super" and "Green Super", the former being gas with lead in it and the latter being unleaded.

>tfw when I remember gas stations selling premixed two stroke fuel mix

>Red was outlawed in 2002 or something.
>Haven't seen a two stroke mix pump in at least 12-15 years

>tfw too many feels

Bullshit! I remember going to McDonald's 25 years ago as a kid, and Mom getting a bunch of hamburgers/cheeseburgers for all of us, and it was $0.59/0.69 back then. $0.29/0.39 was probably from the late 70's/early 80's.

Sup Forums baiting in 3,2,1,...

Banking Jews. Essentially Jews in their natural element.

>What will trump do about the cost of the cheeseburger?

36 here, I remember the good old days of stopping at McDonald's on pay day and loading my cars cooler with burgers for next weeks lunch or road snacks if I was taking vacation for a week or two. Best part was back then I could ever bring my hamburger cooler on flights when I traveled.
Times change and it never seems to be for the better.

The preferred term is Painted Performance Person you shitlord.

NYPD leak

Burger King is jewing just as hard.

Pic related are prices with coupons. Without coupons they are even more expensive.

>pur
>pur

jesus how did u fuck that up twice?

>tfw $5 for cauliflower in Canada

>hamburger cooler

God I love this country.

That's not food. That's 50 cents worth of chemicals. You Amerifats have no idea what real food is.

I have a McDonald's near my home but every single time I go there I'm incredibly disappointed by how small the burgers are.

Luckily a small family-owned burger/pizza place opened up and that's become my goto place.

When I'm super hungry I can get a burger with two half-pounder meat slices, bacon, cheese, peppers and onion, with large fries and a soda for 7,5€.

The smaller ones and the pizzas are 5-6€.

McDonald's is pretty much dead afaic.

Burger King do actually make a burger worth eating tho.

£1.99 with small fries if you use your bus ticket coupon. Not bad desu.

>getting a 2L soda with your burger and fries

Good lord. Is that really necessary?

snopes.com/e-mail-from-huma-abedin-to-brother/

I know, (((snopes))). It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it's true, but if there's a source, I'd like to see it.

The commercializations of food and the take over of agricultural by big money corporations is why your country (USA) is fat and unhealthy. If that's bad enough you spread your degenerate poison around the world. Fucking Shitdonalds and Burger Fags all over Europe now.

They wouldn't build them if you didn't buy it.

you're an idiot, how are you finding 2 liters for 4 dollars? Also you used the greater than sign instead of the less than sign. Amerigan edugation...

mum could never bring anyone to the supermarket because she'd spend a few hundred which would fill the whole car and boot