Red pill me on Operation Barbarossa Sup Forums, /his/ is full of cücks. Was it a purely defensive preemptive strike?

Red pill me on Operation Barbarossa Sup Forums, /his/ is full of cücks. Was it a purely defensive preemptive strike?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oET1WaG5sFk
youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0WRRn5puQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was, but nobody wants to talk about it

Of course not, germany wanted more land for their world wide empire, so naturally they're gonna have to attack

yeah bro, stalins 100k tanks that hitler destroyed 80% of it, stalins state built only tanks and arms, workers building it 24/7 with no pay.

>Hitler clearly states that Germany needs more Lebensraum in the east in Mein Kampf
>Attacks the east years later

Yeah. Completly a pre emptive strike.

>>Hitler clearly states that Germany needs more Lebensraum in the east in Mein Kampf
yeah bro, which is why Hitler had many east slav friends, because in the book he distributed to the entirety of Germany and the world said he wanted to attack Soviet Union which is why they had a pact and Hitler made a lengthy discourse of why they needed to invade the soviet union and QUICKLY.

Hitler Attack The Soviet Union FOr two reasons. One was for Lebensraum. the second was because the Soviet Union was the Last Hope for the British Empire. Hitler wish to remove the Soviet Union and to force Churchill to the Negotiation Table.

youtube.com/watch?v=oET1WaG5sFk

>103512678
>we have destroyed 34k tanks so far

Die Slawen haben uns besiegt. Sie haben unser Land, unsere Nation, unsere Ideologie zerschlagen...
Das bedeutet sie sind eine arische Rasse und sie werden diese Welt in die Knie zwingen

youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0WRRn5puQ

>lebensraum

ditzler should've listened to his generals for once in his life and spearheaded straight for moscow the whole time instead of diverting south for the oilfields. this one critical move gave the soviets enough time to regroup and kick nazi ass

Of course it was defensive, the god damn jews in the UK and US told Joe it was time to go.

What would have happened if they had taken Moscow? Wouldn't they just have overstretched and been encircled eventually like in Stalingrad?

not necessarily. stalingrad was a clusterfuck because over the winter the soviets were allowed to re-situate and regroup. had they just taken moscow, it would've at least given them more options

One thing for sure is that Stalin definitely was planning on attacking Germany. The only problem is that Stalin misjudged Hitler and believed that he would attack in at least 1942 or later. With this in mind, I would say both sides were planning on "pre-emptive" strikes, but both Germany and the Soviet Union obviously had goals and ambitions in regards to each other.

Also, there is no way the Soviet Union could have sucessfully attacked first, even if they wanted to. The depleted officer corps in the aftermath of the Great Purge left Russia in the hands of weak and incompetent leadership, which paralleled Germany's greatest strength of a strong and competent leadership.

God damn it, wish I could go back in time.

Yes, but he probably should have insisted on attacking Britain.

Nothing, they needed the state to collapse, capturing Moscow would have done nothing. If they captured Saint Petersburg and Moscow in the invasion, maybe.

if they captured moscow Soviet Union would fall instantly.

>kill millions of ukrainians
>act all surprised when someone wants to take the land they're not using anymore
Stepan Bandera did nothing wrong.

fuck off with your fake history

If Germany took Moscow, I would wager the Red Army would be routed and forced to flee further East and south. Assuming Moscow fell in November, the Red Army would have no ability to counterattack as the Winter of 1941 was extremely harsh. Stalin, who refused to leave the Capital despite the encroaching Germans in OTL, would have died, but probably not by the Germans.

The Death of Stalin would be a devastating blow to morale to the Soviets, but the Germans would still have to take Leningrad and Stalingrad for the war to be won. I think that the Germans would have captured Stalingrad in it's entirety by Summer 1942, and the battle there would not be as bloody.

Leningrad would fall around Early 1943. With most of Russia west of the Urals under German control, there would be no supplies to send there, and the Allies would not be able to provide safe routes to Russia either. The population would starve, and the Wehrmacht could walk into the city without any resistance. The Russian industrial base in the Urals would be captured around this time also.

The Japanese meanwhile could safely break their pact with Russia and go to war. with most of the Red Army either dead, captured, or hiding in the Urals, the Japanese could take outer Manchuria for themselves. Though that won't stop America from kicking their shit in, not yet anyway.

Since Russia is so fucking huge, the remnants of the Red Army would become guerilla fighters while the Germans advanced along the Trans-Siberian railway, then, Germany would have a connection to their Japanese allies, and so begins a new phase in the War.

This is really overly ambitious though.

The Red Army still had huge armies in the east not yet sent to the German front in 1941. Would the capture of Moscow really have prevented them from mobilising and launching a counterattack against the Germans in 1942 or even 1943?

I think with Stalin's death the USSR would have found it hard to not break apart and factionalise but it's possible someone like Zhukov would have commanded the loyalty of the remaining Red Army and been able to mount a counterattack from the east.

>Be Hitler
>Fall 1941
>Tell all divisions to fall back
> as they withdraw engage in scorched earth policy
> send all displaced civilians to the Russian side
> start building defenses along Poland and Ukraine
> leave behind my best panzer divisions, and anything mobile and fully mechanized
> they engage in hit and run tactics as Soviets advance
> a series of tactical withdrawals bleed Russians out
> Let the overstretched Russians break against my defenses
> Counter attack
> win WW2

the soviets were in forward positions prior to operation barbarossa, this placement was inpart a result of the '39 advance and subsequently enabled the german encirclement of their army groups

but it is still highly improbable that stalin was considering an attack.