Is Tesla the most redpilled vehicular system?

tesla.com/blog/improving-supercharger-availability

Three years ago Tesla was concerned that its charging stations operate too slowly. Now it's 2017-1 and they're having to charge people to get their cars out faster. Looks like this company really is the best automaker in existence today.

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/interviews/a26811/lamborghini-rd-chief-explains-why-manual-transmissions-are-dead/
fortune.com/2016/12/02/tesla-model-3-stock-elon-musk/
youtube.com/user/evwestdotcom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator
evwest.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=4&osCsid=9952mha4h4uss2ll4hkc3lpnf3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shitty car

Gasoline > Electrogayshit

This guy has gotten more government gibs than all of europes immigrants yet is somehow looked at as a god. What a great con he has pulled on the people, to convince them of his great ability while only surviving due to the American tax payer footing the bill for all his fuck ups

But it's bluepilled, you can't be redpilled if you're bluepilled.
Electric is bluepilled as fuck.

And getting billions from the government to run your business doesn't make you a good businessman.

>self driving electric cuck mobile

The one true redpill is driving stick.

Defend this statement

You know nothing of how business works

Germans have a bias towards gas

""wrong""

the only redpill is public transportation.

>implying medpacks don't know their shit
go home blupilled autofags

They're a great appliance car but I'd never buy one since the interior is reminiscent of a Kia and for the 60+ thousand dollars I could be sitting in something much nicer. The Model 3 might be better suited to it's econobox feel since it isn't priced like a luxury car but the range will probably be shitty.

more effective method of energy storage

bam done

Gasoline is for car enthusiast who have some older nice ride, there is no reason to make new gay cars run on this stuff

How is manual in any way a good thing. Manual transmission is a base model feature, why would I own a base model?

Public transport is for poor people

gasoline is for people that need to be able to drive for more than 3 hours at a time.

>Electric car was invented pretty much before gasoline car
>First non-meme car was produced around 2014
Why's that?

Allegedly the single good thing about it is instant peak torque from the electric motors.
You can have that in a 400hp hybrid Volvo people carrier for God's sake.

I'm not that impressed with Teslas.

Manual means you're more involved in the driving. It's the driving enthusiast redpill.

Define 'effective'. The only advantage a gas tank have over electric battery is the size which will eventually become not true.

Because electric cars are generally shit

Public Transit is unreliable as fuck.
But yeah, its for poor people.

And for people in the cities of Europe, where practically nobody has a garage as a part of his house to leave the Leaf charging all night.
And yes that pun is based on reality, the Nissan Leaf is a bestseller.

German carfaggot BTFO

Enjoy the new era of Porsche/Merc/BMW/Audi insignificance.

Gasoline is a much denser form of energy storage than a battery.

I live over 200km for the nearest major city

A 100000$ tesla couldnt make that round trip

I like electric cars and Tesla is the one one with decent range.

But it's way too expensive without government gibs, and the build quality is shit.

there's something called cable

>need to defend BMW X5

lel

Automatic isn't really driving.

>driving stick
lol

it's 2017 nigga

I thought the same until I drove the Model S....there is no comparison. It was nothing like driving some pussy prius or hybrid. I wholeheartedly believe that Tesla is the future, but you really need to test drive it to seem the difference.

What about lawn mowers/scooters/mopeds/small tractors etc. ?

Those things travel 1 - 20 km a day. They don't need internal combustion engine, but they're still vast minority. Besides - electric engine require less maintenance, has less moving parts and peak torque available after few seconds.

>is Tesla the most redpilled vehicular system?

No, this is.

>bmshit
>not Audi

See:

Here in Amsterdam we have charging poles in pretty much every street.

The municipality has to be on board, but electric is a great option for cities to reduce toxic exhausts.

Harden the fuck up.

So people 5 stories up are gonna leave cables hanging out their window to their car which in all likelihood isn't parked within 20m from the entrance?

The most practical solution is to have charging stations on every single parking space, but those are way too expensive at the moment.

>peak torque available after few seconds.

You mean instantly?

>is Tesla the most redpilled vehicular system

Nice misuse and you should have this discussion on /o/ not Sup Forums

I driven few automatics and I can say I will never buy one, it's not the same without some black leathered stick you can put your hands on

It's all depends on the dimensions of the battery. Current battery has that achilles heel but they're improving more and more. I really dont understand what you mean with energy density lol.

10/10

Better power/weight ratio.

Why do you think various combustion engine are commonly used on airplanes while electric engines... happen, there were experiments and they worked, and in small scale they're very common(drones) but they aren't really common nor projected to be common for obvious reason.

They can't weld for shit. Dealership in the mall here has a bare chasis and the welds look fucking terrible. It's aluminum, not easy, but the Taiwanese bicycle makers make it look like art, Teslas welds look like I did them. People are getting fucked over buying that crap. It's like the apple computer of car world, "look, it only has one mouse button, how great is that!" Just a bunch of hipster faggots getting jewed on prices thinking their hotshit. Seriously, look up the welds.

I live in Amsterdam, the nearest charging station to my house is 4km away. Next closest is 6km.

Vinkeveen isn't Amsterdam.

>steel frame

Sucks to be poor, huh?

I do drive manual you gay cunts, but the time for manual is over. Most car makers just don't make them anymore, they're a fucking nuisence to drive on a daily basis. Lamborghini doesn't make any manual cars anymore.

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/interviews/a26811/lamborghini-rd-chief-explains-why-manual-transmissions-are-dead/

>size
>portability
>accessible and available
>option for long term storage
>smells like a serous business
>dat sweet noise form the engine and overall satisfaction from shifting gears and enjoy driving like a real man

SWED Cuck pls.

public transport is super reliable here, we have one of the best train infrastructures in the world, trains are almost never late and you can cover the distance of Geneva - Zurich in about 2 hours if you get a ICN

also I'm sure both of you couldn't afford a train here

but yeah, I can see why fucking leafs and amerifats would think like this

Public transportation brings crime while enhancing freedoms

For now, Gasoline holds 12 times as much power as the most powerful battery in the same space

fortune.com/2016/12/02/tesla-model-3-stock-elon-musk/

>In Tesla’s latest quarter, it reported a $22 million surprise profit, its first in years. But much of the boost came from a one-off sale of government subsidy credits for electric vehicles that Tesla had been collecting

>Model 3 at as low a price as $35,000

>Each car Tesla currently sells costs $81,000 to build

This. Where's my gubmint bux?

3 charging stations between Sydney and Melbourne, the two biggest cities in Australia which are both on the east coast. To get from one to the other it is required you stop at each charging station. To make it between them you may even have to reduce your speed to conserve the battery.

In a land where bushfires are common and detours happen all the time I wonder how practical this car can be for anyone who doesn't have the charging station around the corner from their home from which they travel a maximum of 10km a day from

you do realize neat inline welds are weak as shit

>I really dont understand what you mean with energy density lol.

then you should probably stop talking

Automatic is bluepilled as fuck, you don't have full control over your car.
The most redpilled cars you can get are the ones with simple and easy to maintain mechanisms (nothing electric, not even the windows and manual transmission)

For things like that I could see the advantage of electric.

the numbers don't add up, check what these hippy faggots build and for how much, more power , more range, half the price
youtube.com/user/evwestdotcom

so your building only have one outlet from your apartment? Also the charger in the OP doesnt need to be over the night, no different than going to a gas station and tank.

>Nothing electric
A pure diesel it is, then.

>I know nothing about bikes: the post

Either that or a subtle /n/ troll.

They accelerate faster than most supercars, are so quiet that they have to play road noise over the sound system, max out all the safety ratings, and one even broke the machine they use to crush cars for the rollover rating.

Tesla's really are the future for most people. I'd like to have one, but I'll always keep an old truck around just so they can't completely Jew me with their blackboxed cuckmobiles.

Explain how fuel energy is more dense than electric energy. Im waiting.

>The most redpilled cars you can get are the ones that my huge VAT allow me afford

sucks to be weak and use aluminum or carbon fiber and break apart in the wind

>Manual transmission is a base model feature
For trucks it isn't.

You've gone from
Petrol>car
To
Coal>electricity>car

I'm curious as to just how much of a reduction in emissions electric cars bring. The infrastructure for them of course isn't being paid for by itself like the gasoline industry did so that's another cost. Plus the cost of the batteries and limited life of these cars. Genuinely curious as to what the total result is from 10yrs of driving one would be in both cost and in emission when compared to an equivalent gasoline car

>I live in Amsterdam

You don't live in Amsterdam

Problems with batteries and speed regulation.

That's a mistake. Changing gear in a sports car is part of the driving experience. No one cares that a servo is attached to the clutch pedal. Its the control feeling that's important.

But it only has a max of 350km range and thats without having to run the heater all the time when its 30 or 40 below outside.

I know its fast and I know its got interesting features but why the fuck would I want a car that can only drive for a couple hours at a time?

>Sup Forums is against technology that makes the Oil jews almost obsolete

the volume it takes for gas to hold kilowatts of energy potential is less than the best battery

Batteries will never carry more energy per unit of mass than gasoline. EVER.

The good thing for electric cars is that they're three times more efficient in turning their fuel into work so they don't have to have "efficient" fuel.
wew
I never knew it was that bad.
Take secondary school physics and chemistry courses, Bjorg.

I mean 1 cubic foot of gasoline would hold far more energy than a 1 cubic foot battery

What if someone has the balls to make a uranium battery?

Note I'm said TOXIC
CO2 isn't toxic.

People in cities live several years shorter on average due to toxic car exhausts.
And it reduces your overall health.
It is a serious problem.

it wouldn't be a battery

Can you recharge 1 cubic foot of gasoline?

Medpac public transportation is classy and reliable, people mind their own business and I even see little girls traveling by themselves without a single care in the world

Burger public transportation is a cesspool of all sorts of people there, from the hobo counting his gibs to the crazy niggers or Sup Forums autists screaming about their bullshit and the 10^2 different language conversations you hear on your way home. Of course they dont like that and would rather spend money on the vehicular jew, just like their masters expect them to.

You're talking about a gas tank vs a battery not one form of energy vs the other. They are energy ffs. And I know a battery has shitty dimensions atm but thats' something that can and is improving every minute.

If you want an electric car, why don't you just destroy your alternator?

>Henry Ford gets own investors on car, as does chevy and chrystler

>Musk has to beg for gibs and scraps, cant remain competitive without significant aid and tax credits to buyers

Musk is at best a meh-tier businessman with regards to heavy industry, using pure economic and political force to keep his dreams from drowning., which they would if it wasnt for our tax dollars

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator

The distance limitations are getting better and better, and now with talk (directly from musk) about the use of solar city panels on the roof of the model 3, that limitation is going to be obsolete within 3-5 years.

I absolutely agree with your criticism at this point and time, especially if you are someone who drives very far consistently. But for someone like myself that drives in a cityscape (NYC), and flies everywhere else, it already exceeds my needs.

Yes.

My mate has a tesla. He has a decent array of solar panels on the oof of his house as well. It would take him over a month to charge his vehicle on those solar panels.

The US could completely cover itself in solar panels and it still wouldn't be enough to maintain driving habits if everyone was driving a tesla. Also, like 99% of electricity comes from coal still.

teslas are great cars but they've attracted a shitty owner base. it's basically the iphone of cars

>be at costco
>notice some white guy with sandals and a pathetic beard carting around a couple of niglets
>all the elderly armenians are openly staring at this guy like "is dis nigga for real?"
>spot him loading his tesla with, presumably, his nigress wife
>the kids are super dark skinned and probably aren't even his

>Also, like 99% of electricity comes from coal still.
You live in China?

Oh I agree, I didn't see the toxic bit my mistake but I am still curious as the improvement they bring. The combustion of petrol in cars is how much worse than the burning of coal in plants? I would imagine their location alone would make it much more advantageous but you wouldn't happen to know about any papers or studies regarding electric car costs and emissions vs benzene powered cars?

batts are getting better all the time
evwest.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=4&osCsid=9952mha4h4uss2ll4hkc3lpnf3

>uranium battery?

You want lighter metals, not heavier.

Note that Lithium is one of the lightest metals.

I can totally get behind having a second car to avoid "automation takeover". I do have a great deal of faith in Elon vs the rest of the car industry, however. He's always been an outsider, and doesn't submit to anyone. He's redpilled as fuck.

but they still wear out and are not renewable

In north america all the expensive trains are just there for tours and vacations. If you want to go somewhere you either fly or drive.

Please keep in mind our provinces/states are bigger than your entire country. I can drive in a straight line for 24 hours and not leave Ontario.