EVIDENCE FOR GOD:

>Law of conservation of energy
archive.is/lAdK0

>Consciousness
Consciousness cannot be reduced to purely materialistic terms
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_room
The universe's basic block is information, not matter or energy
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics
Consciousness can be expressed as information patterns and quantified (work in progress). Every network is "unique" and contains a expresses a different instance of consciousness
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_information_theory
Reincarnation (probably) exists
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnation#Reincarnation_research
You retain awareness after brain death
>nderf.org/NDERF/Research/vonlommel_skeptic_response.htm

BIBLE ADMITS EVOLUTION:

God Uses Evolution as a tool for creation
>Genesis 1:24 - 1:27

BIBLICAL PHILOSOPHY:
>youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

SONGS OF WORSHIP:
youtube.com/watch?v=b3fne25pGzA

youtube.com/watch?v=alFTOEtPpvw

JESUS OF NAZARETH PARABLE
>youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-7W36HJb0

MOTIVATIONAL TEACHINGS:
pastebin.com/sYXVY8iP

KEEP THE PASTE UPDATED:
pastebin.com/hKQ3NBGM

>reminder protestants and catholics are anti science nuts that turn people away from the truth of God and his works of creation using evolution. Orthodoxy is the real redpill.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilice
youtube.com/watch?v=KBBjhwFxMK0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yx97s2igPGg&feature=youtu.be
preteristarchive.com/ChurchHistory/0386_chrysostom_adversus-judeaus.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Praise God

REMINDER CHRIST TOLD HIS DISCIPLES TO SELL THEIR CLOAKS AND BUY SWORDS IF THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM; STAY ARMED!

"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!"
Luke 22:37

Praise God Almighty and Peace be with you brother

REMINDER THAT THE BIBLE SAYS TO *NOT* TAKE IN REFUGEES TO EUROPE

"But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone's life, that person's life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood."
Ezekiel 33:6

I like this verse. Someone should show Merkel.

My thoughts exactly, it is entirely deluded how european officials are ensuring the destruction of their homelands. They simply do it as a form of virtue signaling and their methods don't help refugees in the slightest. If they actually wanted to help the refugees they would go to syria and set up safe zones instead of letting illegal migrants from africa come to europe.

They have their own self interest at heart, just like the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Thoughts on the Second Vatican Council?

Good stuff.

Hey he might be a sociopath but he's a God fearing one. Don't be a dick.

Bump
deus vult

Let's hope god unleashes his wrath on the Merkels of the world.

>you see i'm christian but not like those other crazy christians you see MY bearded magic man in the sky is ALL about empirical evidence!

religion is horseshit, op

Genesis is ridiculous

>large synagogues and mosques in Eastern Europe

A retard made this picture.

you are aware places like albania and bulgaria exist, retard american?

Do I have to abandon anime if I want to be a good Christian?

Don't be angry at him. American schools are notorious for their sub-par geography.

Episcopalian reporting in

Anglicans pls go

Well Christianity may connect you to goddo through Jesus. But the story in the bible is written by Rome and as you all know the victor writes the story.

Search Deeper, Rosecrusianism is the right path as you will understand master Jesus and his full impact on our planet earth

You are aware that the map displays large synagogues and mosques in Lithuania and Belarus?

Albania and Bulgaria aren't even 'Eastern Europe', more like Southeastern.

Question: Why do Christians go to church on sunday when its not the Sabbath day?

Doesn't this break the 3rd commandment entirely?

You need to abandon anything that distracts you from christ.

I hope that helps

Like your job, hobbies and sex with loved ones?
I don't know about your particular take on Christianity, but mine forbids non of this.

>sex with loved ones

Yeah it's in there, don't sex a bunch of things

So if I can kee it from being a distraction it's okay? I'm being completely genuine here, I understand nothing about christianity. I grew up in a leftist house that never attended church or gave a shit about it.

The true religion is Paganism.

I can't find a link, but there was an interview with an old orthodox priest in Greece, journalist jokingly asked him about sex toys.
There is nothing in Christianity that forbids using them to please your loved one.
So, technically, you are incorrect. Again.

What i mean to say by abandon is to never let ANYTHING come between your relationship with him. It is literally the single most important thing you ever need to do. Not that you will not experience and indeed enjoy experiences of the mortal world. But behold christ said his kingdom IS NOT of this world. Therefore anything of this world could be counted a distraction.

Thats right man. There are bible verses about gods intention for you to enjoy your life. Just dont lose focus and keep the things you enjoy pure

Nah

I do every day. But a month without physicality literally fries my brain.
I do hate the sin and idea of breaking the purity. We feel dirty for the sins we already committed by making out for almost hundred of times and really want to prevent it. One friend of mine is even more radical in his faith with all the strict penance and flesh mortification he does. He offered me that as a solution and something tells me it might be the option. We already ordered cilice underwear and shirts for two of us.

Oh. OH.
Rubro, if you don't mind me asking, which church to you frequent to?
I've never heard about priests from my branch of Orthodoxy compelling followers to self-mutilate themselves or practice such extreme forms of abstinence.

I was mostly referring to the synagogue in the Baltics and then the mosque in what looks to be Belarus, you retarded Turk rape baby.

Lutheran, but you are dead wrong on the Orthodoxy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilice
Ivan IV is on the page as prime example

What do Orthodox think about Roman Catholics?

I'm a Lutheran, but people attending Orthodox Church don't have any hard feeling to them. To see all as Christian brothers is common for Russian Orthodox. Except for sects like Baptists and Adventists and such. That's hated and banned in Russia

youtube.com/watch?v=KBBjhwFxMK0
Typical Baptist in Russia

Says the roach.

none of that shit you posted is evidence for god, or for the Christian god, or for jesus being gods son, or any of the other shit you guys claim is true

you also post things like "consciousness cannot be reduced to purely material terms" as if this were somehow a settled question in philosophy, as opposed to a hotly contested point. i have seen christians do similar things when it comes to ethics, assuming the truth of moral realism without giving any arguments in favour of it, for instance

basiclahly you already know what you believe, and you are only interested in information and interpretations that lead you to the conclusion you have already decided is true. this is just silly presuppositional shit masquerading as rationality based faith

believe what ever you want but leave the incredibly specious arguments about thermodynamics to the physicists

Many of them were believers. Often just in God without accepting Christ, but believed in God existence

Why it's so low?

One of your guys just got shot by a roach. Need help removing kebab?

So, it was some mudshit extremist? Thing is bad because we have big Turkish diaspora in Russia

>EVIDENCE FOR GOD:
>Circular evidence
>Falsified evidence
>Confirmation bias
>Opinions
>"If my gods aren't real then nothing is real"
>Extreme rationalizations

It's quite a list, but the problem for you is that 1 million fallacies don't add up to one single fact. Not to mention that your're deseprately trying o make something irrational *seem* rational when it never can be. I suspect your brain is now damaged for the prolonged cognitive dissonance you created by merging the mutually exclusive [delusions] and [reality] in your mind.

>REMINDER CHRIST TOLD HIS DISCIPLES TO SELL THEIR CLOAKS AND BUY SWORDS IF THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM; STAY ARMED!
>Jesus was presumably *trying* to get arrested
>Gun nuts don't care, sounds to them like Jesus told them to build an arsenal to kill people.

>REMINDER THAT THE BIBLE SAYS TO *NOT* TAKE IN REFUGEES TO EUROPE

The bible doesn't say refugees. It says sword. Like an army with weapons, not unarmed civilians fleeing a war zone.

Didn't your book say that Jesus was a Middle Easterner fleeing from the Middle East country that was trying to kill him? Wasn't he a refugee when he fled to Egypt?

His evidence is pretty bad, sure. That's because the real groundwork was done by Anselm and Aquinas a thousand years ago, and was carved into stone when Gödel made his modal logical ontological proof just a century ago.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yx97s2igPGg&feature=youtu.be
>Turkey
Of course it was.

>bearded magic man in the sky
You don't understand theism at all.

>Question: Why do Christians go to church on sunday when its not the Sabbath day?
>Doesn't this break the 3rd commandment entirely?

You're lucky. The Israelites had a 6-day work week with capital punishment by god himself for working on the Sabbath.

>not posting Adversus Judeaos

preteristarchive.com/ChurchHistory/0386_chrysostom_adversus-judeaus.html

Daily reminder that Joseph was a biggest cuck in history

>You don't understand theism at all.
We understand carnival sideshows and the people who are fascinated by them.
Is there really anything more to than that?

Be not deceived with strange doctrines, nor with old fables, which are unprofitable. For if we still live according to the Jewish law, we acknowledge that we have not received grace. For the divinest prophets lived according to Christ Jesus. On this account also they were persecuted, being inspired by His grace to fully convince the unbelieving that there is one God, who has manifested Himself by Jesus Christ His Son, who is His eternal Word, not proceeding forth from silence, and who in all things pleased Him that sent Him.

If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord's Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death— whom some deny, by which mystery we have obtained faith, and therefore endure, that we may be found the disciples of Jesus Christ, our only Master— how shall we be able to live apart from Him, whose disciples the prophets themselves in the Spirit did wait for Him as their Teacher? And therefore He whom they rightly waited for, having come, raised them from the dead. Matthew 27:52

Let us not, therefore, be insensible to His kindness. For were He to reward us according to our works, we should cease to be. Therefore, having become His disciples, let us learn to live according to the principles of Christianity. For whosoever is called by any other name besides this, is not of God. Lay aside, therefore, the evil, the old, the sour leaven, and be changed into the new leaven, which is Jesus Christ. Be salted in Him, lest any one among you should be corrupted, since by your savour you shall be convicted. It is absurd to profess Christ Jesus, and to Judaize. For Christianity did not embrace Judaism, but Judaism Christianity, that so every tongue which believes might be gathered together to God.

St. Ignatius of Antioch

Why do Christians go to church? And a more broad question, which domination best domination? I've in interested in the protestant reformation.

t. Roman Catholic

Lutheran

Why

>Why do Christians go to church?
Communion, community, listening to Bible verses plus getting to hear your local priest bant about the news
>And a more broad question, which domination best domination?
Catholicism would be the best if the Vatican didn't get occupied by (((reformers))) in the 50's. Sedevacantism is good if you still belief in the authority of the papacy(just not the legitimacy of the current establishment) or Orthodox if you don't
>I've in interested in the protestant reformation.
Stay away. Protestantism was the beginning of the fierce individualism that has so thoroughly ruined the West.

Theology and values. Purification of faith. ignore Swedish and American heretics). You are devoted Roman Catholic right?

I'm a Catholic but I'm not interested in having a Pope, and the idea of the Vatican is attrocious. Also hate how much of the church's information is off limits.

Daily reminder that gnostics are worse than any given sect and maybe even worse than Jews

So, I'm what I would consider a cultural Christian. I believe Christianity forms an important part of the success of Western civilization, and I believe its decline and the rise of moral-relativism and Islam are not merely coincidences

But I can't bring myself to believe in the mythos. There's just so much stupid shit in the Bible that I really think undermines Christianity in this day and age

>the ark
>the burning bush
>the immaculate conception
>God hating tattoos and gays
>Slavery being sanctioned in the OT

I am also bothered by the idea that God, the creator of all the universe, could possibly be comprehended by a bunch of jumped-up, mostly hairless apes.

>the ark
Probably not a literal story or maybe local event in Black Sea/Mesopotamia
>the burning bush
Literaly God, second person of him.
>the immaculate conception
>God cannot make ark for himself

>God hating tattoos
Cultural thing for acient times. Plus most of them look like fucking shit and is disgrace for human beuty
>and gays
Pic related. Plus don't hate gays. He hate gayness
>Slavery being sanctioned in the OT
Compare it to any other culture of that time.
>I am also bothered by the idea that God, the creator of all the universe, could possibly be comprehended by a bunch of jumped-up, mostly hairless apes.
He cannot. That's the point of haveing infinite, eternal, multupersonal, omnievrything God.

The actual BELIEVING in the mythos is not 100% important. If you do some research, you can see that these stories have been taken from older stories, and those stories from yet older ones.
The important thing is to ask yourself: why do these stories keep getting repeated? What is important about them? Remember, most of the world was (still is) heavily uneducated. There are ways to convey certain messages that lend themselves better to the medium of mythos.

Some people say that the Catholic church is too "traditional" and focuses too much on "old and ancient customs," to which I say: Exactly. Our western culture is being morphed into degeneracy.

Nice thread brother

>I am also bothered by the idea that God, the creator of all the universe, could possibly be comprehended by a bunch of jumped-up, mostly hairless apes.
Why? If He made those jumped-up, mostly hairless apes, why could He not make them to understand Him? It is the entire premise on which we even began pursuing scientific methodology. A) The world is comprehensible B) we can comprehend it. These are two premises all but explicitly laid out in Christian doctrine. It is also a point on which anthropologists reluctantly concede is probably (inductive reasoning) why science emerged out of Christian Europe, rather than anywhere else in the world, despite other cultures arguably being more advanced, even centuries prior.

You're really just offering excuses for those elements in the Bible though, and not addressing my concerns about their irrationality, and how their irrationality contributes to the decline of Christianity among educated Westerners.

>God cannot make ark for himself
I am always reminded of the Hume quote - "Which is more likely, that the whole natural order should be suspended, or that a Jewish minx should tell a lie?"

>Cultural thing for acient times. Plus most of them look like fucking shit and is disgrace for human beuty
I agree, but why would an omnipotent God give a shit about tattoos? Doesn't make sense.

>Pic related. Plus don't hate gays. He hate gayness
I am repulsed by homosexuality but we need to recognize gay rights are not going to be reversed in the West. Maybe for Poland, and good on you, but it's not happening here, so Christianity again alienates young people from following it with these ancient proscriptions against gays

>Compare it to any other culture of that time.
That's not the point. Any just and moral God would not sanction slavery.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that I don't believe in the Abrahamic God. I believe in a God, or an intelligent creator of the universe, but I severely doubt that we will ever be able to understand it or divine its will, much less having understood it perfectly 2000 years ago.

My point is, I think Christianity is necessary for the West, but there's a lot of garbage in the Bible and the faith that alienates young people from it. How do we fix that?

See above. I am worried that the ridiculousness of the mythos will drive people away, into the arms of degeneracy.

>Why? If He made those jumped-up, mostly hairless apes, why could He not make them to understand Him?

But your assumption is that God has centered the universe on us. I think that is supremely arrogant.

>But your assumption is that God has centered the universe on us. I think that is supremely arrogant.
Non-sequitur. Assuming God had ANY interest in us personally, does not necessarily mean the entire Universe is centered on us alone.

Else, the argument cuts both ways. Assuming He isn't interested, or isn't (at all), because He hasn't personally addressed you by name, is supremely arrogant.

I appreciate you're not outright resorting to ad-hom, but please understand the nature of your argument really amounts to as much. Because EVEN IF I do believe the Universe is centered on us... it isn't arrogant if that is actually the facts of the matter. I could simultaneously be arrogant and right.

But the latter is rather an aside. I'm not asserting the Universe being centered on us. It's just taking the argument to the extreme to illustrate you are not providing a sufficient objection.

Greetings. I bless this thread in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

God be with you all. Amen.

Fair enough retort. I suppose I just refuse to believe a just and moral God told Humans that slavery was perfectly okay.

don't fall for the protestant meme lad, stick with your guns as a Roman Catholic, people might say shit about the pope but Protestantism is next level low.

We go to church because it used to be that most people couldn't read at all let alone understand latin, so a priest who is trained in understanding the bible can tell us what it teaches. It also used to be that most people where too poor to afford school, and the church would teach children at a basic level.
As for today, atleast going to church offers a place for you to meet like minded people or speak to the priest if you have any questions, they are trained to answer these questions after all. The church also plays a big role in local charity and keeping the local catholic community together etc.

I'll also just leave this here.

>I am always reminded of the Hume quote - "Which is more likely, that the whole natural order should be suspended, or that a Jewish minx should tell a lie?"
Everyone is forgetting that Joseph really wanted to say to Mary to GTFO and she probably would be stoned for adultery if angel didn't show to Joseph. Plus "jewish minx lie" is a quote from fucking Talmud and no one should trust a fucking Talmud when it comes to Christ.
>I agree, but why would an omnipotent God give a shit about tattoos? Doesn't make sense
Concept of Ritual and Moral purity is very hard to catch for modern readers indeed. Basically it was something like "And God said inb4 Francis shit
He dosn't ethier. Evrything he said about Gays is "We welcome you if you will stop your lust and become holy in celibacy. And gay mariage is from hell btw"
cont.

>tfw my uni's Catholic Chaplaincy is doing everything to keep me Catholic
I never felt so smug in my life

Not all weapons are swords.

>That's not the point. Any just and moral God would not sanction slavery.
Israel was meant to be light for nation (it didn't end well to, like are we now). Treating slaves like human beings and giving them right to life and iirc even property was a HUGE diffrence in XIIIth century BC. It setted a shining exemple for world. Futher movements wasn't necessary for this time, similiar to how God didn't say to Moses "Write that Earth is few bilions years old" in times when thousand of thousands was biggest number imaginable.
> but I severely doubt that we will ever be able to understand it or divine its will, much less having understood it perfectly 2000 years ago.
That's the Church teaching for at least 2000 years (if you count old Hebrews in, 3500 or more). God is rational, we can see his "shadow" with our finite mind, and ha through his Grace can give us revelation about himself but that's what we can have before New Earth and New Heaven.
>My point is, I think Christianity is necessary for the West, but there's a lot of garbage in the Bible and the faith that alienates young people from it. How do we fix that?
As a start we can finally listen to Peter and understand, that Scripture is hard as fuck to understand and protestant "bible for all! and "interpretations from all!" memes are dangerous and let Church do what he did since ever - expalin Biblie for masses with the help of scholarship and Holy Spirit.

Christians go to church for communal worship and to partake of the Eucharist. The Bible's form of Christianity is communal in nature to even its own culture of scriptural reading.

I'll not answer which denomination is the best. But I would personally be happy with those like Inspiringphilosophy or the High Church Protestants such as the Lutherans.

Generally the Reformation erupted as a response to abuses within the Catholic Church. The slow response to these abuses is IMO one of the reasons why it was successful(also notable is Protestant effective use of the printing press). That said the Protestant movement is not a monolithic body but would soon emerge as opposing movements.

>a bunch of cucks praising fictional dead kike ITT

In 50 years you will all be locked up in a mental asylum.

I appreciate your honesty. Rather than simply reject your notion that this somehow describes a logical conflict in God (you're on the right track - absent a method of empiricism, if my assumption for rationalism is self refuting, it can't be true), let me just address your explicit example. If you have other concerns, maybe we can go through them one by one.

Premise 1: God is morally good
Premise 2: God condones (not merely allows) slavery
Premise 3: Slavery is morally wrong
Conclusion: God can not be morally good

Without over formalizing it, is this roughly your deductive argument? I would agree, although I could make a case on the basis of knowing moral right/wrongness, but that's not the position I will take in this case.

Instead, I will insist this is actually more of a strawman, but I don't suggest you are doing so intentionally. What is termed "slavery" in the Bible with respect to what God condones before the Israelites is nearer to indentured servitude. Semantics? Let's explore.

Hypothetical: You loan someone a great deal of money/property, to be returned XX days in the future. They renege and you are not just out your property, but you were relying on that property to feed your kids. You needed the extra resources to get through the winter (figuratively).

Our hypothetical will assume some sort of economics of scale, were two working yields more than the sum of their parts. IE: One can not feed two, but two can feed five. This person, absent any other means, could repay their debt by work it off.

So from a position of authority that says "No, you really do have to work", would functionally be a good thing in so far as ensuring generosity doesn't actually result in the near imminent death of the ones being generous. This isn't the conquer your enemies sort of slavery. It is a contractual agreement between two consenting individuals. The debtor agrees to repay their debt through servitude.

>Reincarnation (probably) exists
You've thrown away your "eternal torment" card right there. Unless this world is in fact Hell and rejecting Christ means you keep coming back over and over, which makes a surprising amount of sense.

Reminder that Christianity is a jewish subversive psyop. The jews only pretend to hate it so that the goyim will like it more and enslave themselves to the Cuck Mentality.

>Said Jew six grilon time in last 2000 years

All-around good post, but I have some issues.

>Without over formalizing it, is this roughly your deductive argument?
Yes, well-put.

My main issue with your post here lies in your assumption that the slaves were merely indentured servants, and were to be treated fairly.

Exodus 21:1-7 Clearly lays out specific allowances to keep women and children in slavery, even if the man is allowed to go free after 7 years. Additionally, there is the allowance for selling one's daughter as a sex slave. I find that morally repugnant.

Additionally, only Hebrew slaves have any sort of protections in the Bible. Leviticus makes it very clear:

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."

Furthermore, I also refute the idea that slaves were to be treated fairly under Biblical law. Consider this passage:

Exodus 21:

"20"If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished. 21"If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.…"

I think that the whole indentured servitude argument is retroactively justifying allegedly divine allowances for slavery.

bump